Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 806688 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)
« Reply #6360 on: October 13, 2023, 02:04:13 pm »
I don't think so, you don't rack up Robbo's assist numbers unless you're an excellent footballer. I've actually thought Tsimikas has been disappointing almost every time he's played this year, but if we just gave him a new contract Klopp must rate him and that's good enough for me. Hopefully, Chambers will get some time in the cups.
It's difficult for a back up player to rack up assists. I just feel more comfortable when Kostas is being pressed because he has a better touch and he's two-footed.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6361 on: October 13, 2023, 05:00:05 pm »
If Tsimikas can't play now, then there's no point having him in the squad. People go on about him as if he's a pub player. He's actually a better footballer than Robbo (Robbo is a better athlete).

he's ok but not having that he's a better footballer than Robbo

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Andrew Beasley (BassTunedToRed)
« Reply #6362 on: October 13, 2023, 05:06:35 pm »
Re Tsimikas and assists - he actually has the best rate (one every 292 minutes) of any player to play at least 2,500 minutes for Klopp's Liverpool. But then he has often played in the easier matches, of course.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #6363 on: October 13, 2023, 05:17:08 pm »
he's ok but not having that he's a better footballer than Robbo

I think what he means is as a techincally with the ball at his feet which is probably a correct statement.

Overall as a footballer though he isn't better than Robbo as being LB requires more than just passing or crossing the ball.

Online Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6364 on: October 13, 2023, 05:58:06 pm »
Any update on how bad the injury is? How long do we expect him to be out?

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6365 on: October 14, 2023, 07:08:01 am »
If Tsimikas can't play now, then there's no point having him in the squad. People go on about him as if he's a pub player. He's actually a better footballer than Robbo (Robbo is a better athlete).

Wow. Couldn't be more wrong.

Tsimikas can swing over a pretty good ball when given space to do it. In every other way, Robbo is a better footballer.

I find it mad sometimes on here how after one not-stellar season, Robbo - formerly known as best lett back in the world - is sort of thought of by some as being just an average player who's quite quick and runs a lot.

He's an absolutely brilliant footballer. Miles better touch than people give him credit for, his decision-making was incredible until last season as well. Much better able to work well with the midfielder and winger on his side than the backup too.

And he's still at least as good a crosser as Tsimikas as well.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 12:38:01 pm by decosabute »

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6366 on: October 14, 2023, 07:21:51 am »
I think playing Gomez would be a better option than Tsimikas. I like Tsimikas but this formation doesn't suit him at all to be honest unless he can be the inverting full back but it doesn't make any sense if Trent is available.

I agree with this. If we were playing better opposition, then it might be a better idea to have a more orthodox back 4 with Tsimikas covering LB. In the next four must-win fixtures we have though, playing Gomez on the left could help release Trent even more on the other side - you'd have nearly three CBs to cover at the back, so Trent could effectively play mostly in midfield and help our creativity against teams who will mostly sit back against us.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6367 on: October 14, 2023, 12:33:53 pm »
Any update on how bad the injury is? How long do we expect him to be out?

Rodrigo missed around 4 weeks when he dislocated his shoulder last year, seemed in much more pain than Robertson though when it happened.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6368 on: October 14, 2023, 12:45:43 pm »
Rodrigo missed around 4 weeks when he dislocated his shoulder last year, seemed in much more pain than Robertson though when it happened.

Robertson doesn’t know the meaning of pain and scoffs at agony.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6369 on: October 14, 2023, 01:45:33 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6370 on: October 14, 2023, 01:48:22 pm »
Form where?
christ knows.  yet another no-context meaningless post - doesn't inform,  amuse, enlighten, or express an opinion.... that accomplishes nothing but confusion / concern.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6371 on: October 14, 2023, 01:51:28 pm »
christ knows.  yet another no-context meaningless post - doesn't inform,  amuse, enlighten, or express an opinion.... that accomplishes nothing but confusion / concern.

The no context posts are like bed bugs, springing up everywhere.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6372 on: October 14, 2023, 01:53:20 pm »
Outside of Tsimikas initially joining for the last season and a bit he's been woeful. However I hope a run in the side means he can find a better level and some consistency, maybe playing alongside the likes of Virgil and such can help and also if we have Endo in there more often.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6373 on: October 14, 2023, 01:59:50 pm »
Wow. Couldn't be more wrong.

Tsimikas can swing over a pretty good ball when given space to do it. In every other way, Robbo is a better footballer.

I find it mad sometimes on here how after one not-stellar season, Robbo - formerly known as best lett back in the world - is sort of thought of by some as being just an average player who's quite quick and runs a lot.

He's an absolutely brilliant footballer. Miles better touch than people give him credit for, his decision-making was incredible until last season as well. Much better able to work well with the midfielder and winger on his side than the backup too.

And he's still at least as good a crosser as Tsimikas as well.
Tsimikas is a better footballer while Robbo is a better player. It's like saying Toney is a better footballer than Haaland but is he a better player? No.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6374 on: October 14, 2023, 02:36:17 pm »

That was a response to your joke.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6375 on: October 14, 2023, 02:37:14 pm »

I mean just read the 2 posts above it?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6376 on: October 14, 2023, 02:45:02 pm »
So did they cut his arm off yet? I heard it was being held on with some chewing gum and sticky tape.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6377 on: October 14, 2023, 03:21:17 pm »
I mean just read the 2 posts above it?
How is anyone supposed to know what you're replying to.  We're not psychic.  The Quote button exists for a reason.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #6378 on: October 15, 2023, 02:08:53 am »
The slate is clean this season. This is version 2.0 for Klopp. A whole different way of playing. Including the fullback role.

What Robbo has done in the past is fantastic. But this is a new way of playing. He rarely overlaps any more. He does attack the middle a few times during the match.

The difference is Kostas has a right foot. As an opponent you know Robbo is most likely to turn and pass the ball back to Virgil especially when we are in the opponent's half. With Kostas he can pass into the middle or down the line with his right foot.

When a side counter attacks us, Robbo is generally quicker getting back should Robbo have ventured forward.

However, in version 2.0, Trent moves into the middle and Robbo doesn't get forward as much. If the play starts on the left, Robbo goes forward and Trent hangs back.

Robbo has started all 8 league matches and has a goal, no assists.
Kostas has one sub league appearance, no goals or assists.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6379 on: October 15, 2023, 03:45:38 am »
That goal though came from a move the other side which is, as you said, because of the new way we play. There is a way to accommodate him. But now we have Kostas available and we have to play a bit differently, more direct.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6380 on: October 15, 2023, 08:09:34 pm »
any news on Robbo's injury?

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6381 on: October 15, 2023, 08:33:10 pm »
So did they cut his arm off yet? I heard it was being held on with some chewing gum and sticky tape.

He'll be fine...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6382 on: October 15, 2023, 09:01:28 pm »
He popped it back in himself and stitched it up with piano wire. He'll be good to go on Saturday.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6383 on: October 15, 2023, 10:48:54 pm »
Tsimikas is a better footballer while Robbo is a better player. It's like saying Toney is a better footballer than Haaland but is he a better player? No.

Tsimikas isn't a better footballer either. And aside from him hitting an occasional good cross or set piece, I have no idea where this myth-stated-as-fact comes from.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6384 on: October 16, 2023, 10:15:17 am »
He popped it back in himself and stitched it up with piano wire. He'll be good to go on Saturday.
Well isn't he fancy these days.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6385 on: October 16, 2023, 01:06:58 pm »
He stuck it back on himself with a bit of congealed porridge off the front of his Scotland shirt.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6386 on: October 16, 2023, 05:28:45 pm »
Photos of him today prior to Cathy Ferguson’s funeral. Arm still up in a sling.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6387 on: October 16, 2023, 05:35:13 pm »
Photos of him today prior to Cathy Ferguson’s funeral. Arm still up in a sling.
and still not a peep from the club about the injury.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6388 on: October 16, 2023, 08:54:58 pm »

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #6389 on: October 16, 2023, 09:57:58 pm »
Tsimikas isn't a better footballer either. And aside from him hitting an occasional good cross or set piece, I have no idea where this myth-stated-as-fact comes from.
Well, they have the exact same assists-per-90, expected assisted goals, passes completed, npxG + xAG, and more.
If you accept that their assists would most likely come from crosses, then Tsimi (as my eyes tell me, and as I suspected since day one) is just as good with his crosses and other assists as Andy, and doesn't just hit "an occasional good cross or set piece".

He's even got markedly better numbers in aerial duels, clearances, interceptions and tackles.

We need a bigger sample, but that's all we can go on now.

He just doesn't play as much, and obviously, Andy has a stronger mentality and physique.

https://fbref.com/en/players/f315ca93/Kostas-Tsimikas

https://fbref.com/en/players/2e4f5f03/Andrew-Robertson

Yeah, yeah I know the old counter-argument- football isn't played on paper etc... and blah, blah- and yada, yada, and so on, and so forth.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 10:11:31 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6390 on: October 16, 2023, 10:16:43 pm »
and still not a peep from the club about the injury.

Good

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6391 on: October 16, 2023, 10:57:59 pm »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6392 on: October 16, 2023, 11:03:25 pm »
you interpret that as a good sign?
NNIGN
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6394 on: October 17, 2023, 11:57:39 am »
I'm not convinced NNIGN, the last time we had a drip-feed about an injury situation was AOCs seemingly low-mid term injury against Roma that kept him out for over a year and for all intents and purposes ended his career.

Obviously Robbo's won't be as bad as that but in terms of the difference between expectation and outcome, delaying the news is not necessarily a good thing.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6395 on: October 17, 2023, 01:00:46 pm »
I'm not convinced NNIGN, the last time we had a drip-feed about an injury situation was AOCs seemingly low-mid term injury against Roma that kept him out for over a year and for all intents and purposes ended his career.

Obviously Robbo's won't be as bad as that but in terms of the difference between expectation and outcome, delaying the news is not necessarily a good thing.

Could well be waiting for the swelling to go down before they really tell anything.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6396 on: October 17, 2023, 01:20:34 pm »
Could well be waiting for the swelling to go down before they really tell anything.
quite likely, but it'd be nice to understand what the status is, even if it's just that.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6397 on: October 17, 2023, 01:54:07 pm »
quite likely, but it'd be nice to understand what the status is, even if it's just that.

The club these days are notoriously quiet on lengthy injuries.  They don't even usually confirm what the injury is.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6398 on: October 17, 2023, 02:00:18 pm »
The club these days are notoriously quiet on lengthy injuries.  They don't even usually confirm what the injury is.
yep, that seems to be the approach these days. I believe we never actually heard a definitive on Cody's injury?  not sure why that's been adopted - what's the upside?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6399 on: October 17, 2023, 02:02:51 pm »
yep, that seems to be the approach these days. I believe we never actually heard a definitive on Cody's injury?  not sure why that's been adopted - what's the upside?

Dunno, lets the player just get on with their rehab without any pressure because no one knows what the injury is?  Maybe some players just want to keep it private.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.