Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk PFA Player of the Year, UEFA Player of the Year  (Read 575615 times)

Offline aw1991

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Virgil Van Dijk PFA Player of the Year, UEFA Player of the Year
« Reply #6040 on: October 3, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »
It's the centre back equivalent of Salah's "drought" last season. When your default setting is world-class the blips become more newsworthy.
It's like how every game that Messi doesn't score he was poor. When you don't give people much to criticize you about, they'll latch to every sub-par performance or single mistake.

VVD will those moments in the future, but it doesn't change the fact that he is still the best in the world.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Believer
« Reply #6041 on: October 3, 2019, 02:46:14 PM »
I'm a bit disappointed in Van Dijk.  I was convinced he was not one of this planet, but dropping below a 9 out of 10 performance level proves me wrong, he is human it seems.
Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof are clear favorites now to take over the best defender in the world crown

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #6042 on: October 3, 2019, 03:31:27 PM »
I'm a bit disappointed in Van Dijk.  I was convinced he was not one of this planet, but dropping below a 9 out of 10 performance level proves me wrong, he is human it seems.
Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof are clear favorites now to take over the best defender in the world crown

C'mon......he has to at least pretend to be human from time to time, or no doubt the FA will charge us for that too.  He is pretty shite at being human though......still f*cking imperious when he tries to have an average game  ;D

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Believer
« Reply #6043 on: October 3, 2019, 04:57:00 PM »
Dips below a 9/10 and people will start murmuring about him, ridiculous.

There are top class CBs that make more errors in 1 game than Van Dijk does in a whole season.

Online Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6044 on: October 3, 2019, 04:58:29 PM »
One below par game in 83. I'll take that.

Offline na fir dearg

• Kopite
« Reply #6045 on: October 3, 2019, 05:03:19 PM »
One below par game in 83. I'll take that.

slippery slope tho  ;D

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Believer
« Reply #6046 on: October 3, 2019, 05:05:24 PM »
C'mon......he has to at least pretend to be human from time to time, or no doubt the FA will charge us for that too.  He is pretty shite at being human though......still f*cking imperious when he tries to have an average game  ;D

haha yeah, his bad games are the equivalent of most players having a stormer aint they really.  Love listening him too when talking about football, always simplifies things. He said things like were human and lets not forget the start we have made this season because of one disorganised night and he's right.
He appears to me to be exactly the same off the pitch as he is on it.  I like that. He doesn't play football trying to be a different character than he really is.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Believer
« Reply #6047 on: October 5, 2019, 07:05:56 PM »
Lovren played better than expected ... hence the accolades. Virgil however was only doing his routine i.e. imperious best. I thought Virgil was fantastic. 2 shots on target despite pre-game incessant chatter about what Jamie Vardy will do to us. Vardy was in his pocket all day. Did not even get a sniff

Tremendous!
"We decide when the game is over"

Offline Garnier

• Believer
  • there is no old firm
« Reply #6048 on: October 5, 2019, 07:07:50 PM »
Him and Dejan were robbed off a clean sheet today  :(
"What sounds great if you don't know what it actually means?

- Friendly Fire
- Athlete's Foot
- Outstanding Debt

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #6049 on: October 5, 2019, 09:49:35 PM »
Was a little bit shocked that he didn't score the header at the end, he wasn't under much pressure and wasn't that far out either.
Just goes to show how high the standards are that he has set for himself.