Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2620716 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs: fucking useless
« Reply #29200 on: May 25, 2023, 04:26:59 pm »
Genuinely think these will be bouncing around mid-table for the foreseeable. Not much to be positive about there.
Saudi FC replacing them in the "Sky Six".
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29201 on: May 25, 2023, 04:35:51 pm »
Won't happen and won't happen.

I will believe you, once you give us the winning lottery numbers ...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29202 on: May 25, 2023, 04:43:42 pm »
I will believe you, once you give us the winning lottery numbers ...

That would be an easy task if the same numbers kept on repeating.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29203 on: May 25, 2023, 05:08:16 pm »
Good thing Spurs have a great track record of becoming overly-reliant on a British talent, selling said talent, and then spending the profits wisely on a rebuild!

You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29204 on: May 25, 2023, 05:19:11 pm »
Good thing Spurs have a great track record of becoming overly-reliant on a British talent, selling said talent, and then spending the profits wisely on a rebuild!

Do I have to remind you of our summer of 2014?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29205 on: May 25, 2023, 06:36:06 pm »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #29206 on: May 25, 2023, 11:12:33 pm »

One of them is Eriksen, the other is someone Bobby nutmegged in the Europa semi (Soldado?). I genuinely have no idea who the rest are.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #29207 on: May 25, 2023, 11:14:47 pm »
One of them is Eriksen, the other is someone Bobby nutmegged in the Europa semi (Soldado?). I genuinely have no idea who the rest are.

Paulinho, Eriksen, Soldado, Chadli, Capoue(?), Chiraces(?), Lamela
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29208 on: May 27, 2023, 08:59:28 am »
Paulinho, Eriksen, Soldado, Chadli, Capoue(?), Chiraces(?), Lamela

Its funny to think how Paulinho and Capoue were deemed not good enough, let go of and went on to win trophies as starters in Barca and Villareal respectively.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29209 on: May 27, 2023, 09:03:07 am »
They should fuck chelsea over and nab lamps.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29210 on: May 27, 2023, 09:07:06 am »
They should fuck chelsea over and nab lamps.
"Lamps" with Captain Bellend as his assistant, they'd be relegated by Halloween.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #29211 on: May 27, 2023, 09:18:06 am »
Genuinely think these will be bouncing around mid-table for the foreseeable. Not much to be positive about there.

Pochettino carried them for a few years with a limited budget. Modric and Bale carried them under Redknapp. Kane and Son have carried them the last couple of years at least, mainly Kane this year.

Without Kane they'd be bottom half with Chelsea this season and it looks like he's going. They haven't got the smarts in the transfer market to invest the Kane money well and managers they want are turning them down. These shouldn't be much to worry about for a while.

All they've got going for them is the stadium and the revenues it generates but like when Arsenal moved they still have to pay for it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29212 on: May 27, 2023, 01:51:13 pm »
Mourinho took a swipe at them the other day, saying he had a good relationship with every team he's managed except Spurs.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29213 on: May 27, 2023, 01:53:58 pm »
Spurs are like a minor ailment you have, it's there, but has no real significance to your life.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29214 on: May 27, 2023, 02:18:48 pm »
Spurs are like a minor ailment you have, it's there, but has no real significance to your life.
ah, like the Transfer Thread you mean?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29215 on: May 27, 2023, 02:22:49 pm »
ah, like the Transfer Thread you mean?
Like an unlanced boil.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #29216 on: May 27, 2023, 08:53:35 pm »
This cheesy spurs thread with its capoue sideburns and fish slapped lamella face is a slot to ask of a man.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #29217 on: May 28, 2023, 10:48:06 am »
Spoke to a spurs ST holder...seemed a decent lad

Got to talking about managers and he said guardiola was 100x the manager klopp was, which I obviously disagreed with while admitting he was a v.good manager

I told him guardiola has never had to build a title winning team with limited funds like klopp had to taking over a mediocre team, then proceed to win it all btw, though guardiola may probably be one of the best at managing elite players.

He tried to say man city weren't great when guardiola took over, I begged to differ especially in comparison to the liverpool side klopp took charge of. Then tried to tell me barca in his first season weren't the best...but if I recall they weren't exactly in that bad a position!
But then admitted he just hated klopp because of statements he's said and how he's contradicted himself in media.

I did try to tell him that every manager pretty much does that, and things klopp does seem to be laughed off with others.

But point here is....not sure if it was just him, a general "liverpool bad" thing but I didn't think spurs fans had a particular issue with us or klopp. Might be wrong!
I know there was some sort of thing when we were both going for top 4 a while back but no real hatred
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #29218 on: May 28, 2023, 12:39:25 pm »
For years and years, I used to forget Spurs were even in the 'first division' until we played them. In fairness, there were a couple of clubs that applied to.
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29219 on: May 28, 2023, 12:42:59 pm »

Got to talking about managers and he said guardiola was 100x the manager klopp was, which I obviously disagreed with while admitting he was a v.good manager

I told him guardiola has never had to build a title winning team with limited funds like klopp had to taking over a mediocre team, then proceed to win it all btw, though guardiola may probably be one of the best at managing elite players.

He tried to say man city weren't great when guardiola took over, I begged to differ especially in comparison to the liverpool side klopp took charge of. Then tried to tell me barca in his first season weren't the best...but if I recall they weren't exactly in that bad a position!
But then admitted he just hated klopp because of statements he's said and how he's contradicted himself in media.

I did try to tell him that every manager pretty much does that, and things klopp does seem to be laughed off with others.

But point here is....not sure if it was just him, a general "liverpool bad" thing but I didn't think spurs fans had a particular issue with us or klopp. Might be wrong!
I know there was some sort of thing when we were both going for top 4 a while back but no real hatred

Spurs hate everyone, including themselves. The only saving grace is that everyone hates them back.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #29220 on: May 28, 2023, 12:45:49 pm »
Spurs hate everyone, including themselves. The only saving grace is that everyone hates them back.

Nope! See below...

For years and years, I used to forget Spurs were even in the 'first division' until we played them. In fairness, there were a couple of clubs that applied to.

I think you'll find most Reds don't hate them... or even consider them as rivals.

As above, for most of my lifetime, they've been irrelevant.
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29221 on: May 28, 2023, 01:22:36 pm »
I think you'll find most Reds don't hate them... or even consider them as rivals.

As above, for most of my lifetime, they've been irrelevant.
which is why most fans of other clubs couldn't care less if Everton get flushed or not.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #29222 on: May 28, 2023, 02:13:07 pm »
which is why most fans of other clubs couldn't care less if Everton get flushed or not.

Everton have won stuff though. They've been Champions in four or five different decades. Tottenham are all window-dressing, always have been.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29223 on: May 28, 2023, 02:15:50 pm »
Everton have won stuff though. They've been Champions in four or five different decades. Tottenham are all window-dressing, always have been.
OK but don't know why you're mentioning it.  most fans don't give a shit about Ev's history, or anything else about them.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29224 on: May 28, 2023, 02:16:11 pm »

it’s the issue most fanbases have with him, he’s the perfect manager for any (non Sportswash) team, and they didn’t get him - BECAUSE he builds, because he stays at a club for a lot longer than most managers, because he becomes emotionally imvested, because he coaches good football.

The tune changed in attitudes to Klopp around early June 2019. You can guess why.

Before that he was (almost) universally loved, a charismatic, funny, engaging bloke, who coached incredible football, who took a team in BVB with this vibrant fanbase, that where no threat to anyone, to success many thought was impossble to achieve, and so became the 2nd team of so many.

Despite that success he was seen as a bit of a ‘unlucky loser’ because his BVB team lost too many of the stars he’d helped make, and couldn’t compete financially with other CL clubs.  And then he came ot Liverpool, with that amazing chairsma and fun football, and lost a couple finals. So he was still the lovable loser. Until he wasn’t.

And since then attitudes changed. It must be doubly hard for Spurs fans, as they thought this was to be their journey under Pochetinno, but it wasn’t, and of course it was that CL final vs them that was the 1st trophy the ‘lovable loser’ won here.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #29225 on: May 28, 2023, 02:17:24 pm »
OK but don't know why you're mentioning it.  most fans don't give a shit about their history, or anything else about them.

I do. I like football history. Ours and other people's. It's an important part of the game for me. Probably that's why I mentioned it.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29226 on: May 28, 2023, 02:23:31 pm »
The thing about Jurgen is that when he first came to us, because he was such a popular manager for his work at BVB, people didn't want to "hate" him. There was an extended honeymoon period for Jurgen - one Rafa didn't get - where people liked Klopp but still hated Liverpool. To an extent, he suited the plucky underdog tag we had been saddled with.

But once he started winning, and the compliments had to come through gritted teeth, that's when things changed. And once things started to go south - first in 20-21 and now this season, the knives have definitely come out for him, especially in the media. They want him gone, and they want LFC back in their box.

Ironic, as once City have won seven titles in a row - and the traditional "big" PL era clubs, like Arsenal, United and Chelsea, can't get anywhere near them - then things might actually start shifting. As the boredom sets in, and City mechanically go through the motions of winning title after title, treble after treble, they'll soon be wishing there was somebody able to challenge their dominance.

It will still be "anybody but Liverpool" though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29227 on: May 28, 2023, 02:24:20 pm »
I do. I like football history. Ours and other people's. It's an important part of the game for me. Probably that's why I mentioned it.
fair do's.  :)

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29228 on: May 29, 2023, 07:36:34 am »
Have to say, Kane getting 30 league goals is incredible, in this shit spurs side, arguably far more impressive than 36 goals haaland. Interestingly enough, they still havent bought Kulusevski outright, hes still on loan from Juventus and will cost 30m. If they decide they cant afford him due to lack of any european football, then for that money hes good value for one of the better teams.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #29229 on: May 29, 2023, 02:02:20 pm »
Have to say, Kane getting 30 league goals is incredible, in this shit spurs side, arguably far more impressive than 36 goals haaland.
4 less than the entire Ev team.  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29230 on: May 29, 2023, 02:04:22 pm »
Levy called me last night to see if I would manage the team. I said if only you expand the Cheese room.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #29231 on: May 29, 2023, 02:23:53 pm »
Levy called me last night to see if I would manage the team. I said if only you expand the Cheese room.

Why? You wouldn't fit in this one?  ;D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29232 on: May 29, 2023, 02:58:37 pm »
They'd need a cheese warehouse if you were there ;)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29233 on: May 29, 2023, 03:05:20 pm »
No cheese room expansion, no deal.  :-*

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #29234 on: May 29, 2023, 06:43:34 pm »
Stick to your guns, Samie.  :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29235 on: May 29, 2023, 06:47:31 pm »
Have to say, Kane getting 30 league goals is incredible, in this shit spurs side, arguably far more impressive than 36 goals haaland. Interestingly enough, they still havent bought Kulusevski outright, hes still on loan from Juventus and will cost 30m. If they decide they cant afford him due to lack of any european football, then for that money hes good value for one of the better teams.
He's an excellent footballer, but very very difficult to like for his cheating and repeated attempts to cause another player a severe spinal injury.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29236 on: May 29, 2023, 07:29:00 pm »
He's an excellent footballer, but very very difficult to like for his cheating and repeated attempts to cause another player a severe spinal injury.

TNB doesn’t mind that trait in a player.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29237 on: May 29, 2023, 07:48:35 pm »
No cheese room expansion, no deal.  :-*

New Spurs manager announced:

Woman wins UK cheese rolling race despite being knocked unconscious

‘It feels great,’ said Canadian Delaney Irving, victor of the women’s race at Coopers Hill, near Gloucester

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/may/29/woman-wins-coopers-hill-cheese-rolling-race-despite-being-knocked-out

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29238 on: May 31, 2023, 04:23:06 pm »
Looks like Postecoglou is the one they want. Would be happy enough that he’d pose no danger. Jury is still very much out on him, he’s coached in bum leagues and qualifying for a World Cup in Asia is no achievement.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29239 on: May 31, 2023, 04:36:37 pm »
Looks like Postecoglou is the one they want. Would be happy enough that he’d pose no danger. Jury is still very much out on him, he’s coached in bum leagues and qualifying for a World Cup in Asia is no achievement.

It is. I like the look of him myself though. At the very least he'll make them exciting. The football that Celtic play is some of the most entertaining football I've seen in a long time. Loads of people here are huge Celtic fans and they say his football is the best they've seen there.