Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2626732 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Spurs: fucking useless
« Reply #29280 on: June 5, 2023, 08:56:45 am »
Spurs look like a club and fan base that haven’t enjoyed their football in a long time. They need a bit of a reset so as long as they accept their current place in the pecking order and give him some time they could find themselves having a bit more fun for a while.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29281 on: June 5, 2023, 08:57:46 am »
they’ve been looking everywhere, never mind eleswhere! Coaches are not exactly beating the door down wanting to manage Spurs.

This is why I would have turned it down if I was him. He's been their 4th choice at best, so I have my doubts that they have the confidence in him or that they will give him the time and resources that he needs.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29282 on: June 5, 2023, 09:01:15 am »
Postecoglou seems like a good manager but transforming Spurs to contenders is a whole different challenge to anything he's done before.  He signed a 50 goals a season strike-force for around £10m at Celtic and also took advantage of Rangers being a bit crap - repeating similar bargain hunting in the Premier League is going to be a massive challenge and even if a couple of their rivals have off seasons like Rangers did he's still going to have another four clubs to overcome.

Lloris has been in serious decline for a few seasons.  They have loads of defenders but only Romero is any good (and that's borderline).  The Conte warhorse midfield doesn't seem like a good fit for Postecoglou's style. Kane, Son and Richarlison is their strongest part of the team on paper but Son looks like he's lost a bit of his edge, Richarlison had a dreadful season and Kane surely won't be there next season.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29283 on: June 5, 2023, 09:05:42 am »
This is why I would have turned it down if I was him. He's been their 4th choice at best, so I have my doubts that they have the confidence in him or that they will give him the time and resources that he needs.

You'd turn down a 500% payrise?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #29284 on: June 5, 2023, 09:13:08 am »
Postecoglou seems like a good manager but transforming Spurs to contenders is a whole different challenge to anything he's done before.  He signed a 50 goals a season strike-force for around £10m at Celtic and also took advantage of Rangers being a bit crap - repeating similar bargain hunting in the Premier League is going to be a massive challenge and even if a couple of their rivals have off seasons like Rangers did he's still going to have another four clubs to overcome.

Lloris has been in serious decline for a few seasons.  They have loads of defenders but only Romero is any good (and that's borderline).  The Conte warhorse midfield doesn't seem like a good fit for Postecoglou's style. Kane, Son and Richarlison is their strongest part of the team on paper but Son looks like he's lost a bit of his edge, Richarlison had a dreadful season is utter shite and Kane surely won't be there next season.
Fixed that for you.

In all seriousness though, Spurs - along with Chelsea - are the stereotypical poison chalices, but Aussies are typically thick-skinned as coaches and also pretty... arrogant? (probably the best word to describe) so Ange will think he could be the saviour of them. Whatever the case, it will take a huge wad of cash and a helluva lot longer than they typically give a manager to turn it around, neither of which Levy will give.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29285 on: June 5, 2023, 09:32:58 am »
You'd turn down a 500% payrise?

Well yeah. One because it's not like i'm on a pittance, and two because I'm fairly sure I'm going to get similar offers from more suitable clubs in the future.

If you're motivated by money above all else then fine, and there are worse choices to make (e.g., Potter going to Chelsea).

And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29286 on: June 5, 2023, 09:41:41 am »
Well yeah. One because it's not like i'm on a pittance, and two because I'm fairly sure I'm going to get similar offers from more suitable clubs in the future.

If you're motivated by money above all else then fine, and there are worse choices to make (e.g., Potter going to Chelsea).

Whilst £1.5m a year is obviously an obscene amount of money for Joe Bloggs, no one at all is going to turn down a payrise of £6.5m a year.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29287 on: June 5, 2023, 09:45:50 am »
Whilst £1.5m a year is obviously an obscene amount of money for Joe Bloggs, no one at all is going to turn down a payrise of £6.5m a year.

Also, I'd imagine the pay off if it all goes all tits up (or should i say if it all goes Spurs) isn't bad either.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29288 on: June 5, 2023, 10:42:30 am »

Not many people turning that down. Even i might do it for that if they come knocking

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29289 on: June 5, 2023, 10:48:31 am »
The money itself is probably too good to turn down. Add in the fact that that people from over here just don’t get opportunities to manage clubs the size of Spurs it’s easy to see why Ange would take the job even if circumstances aren’t ideal.

Hopefully he sees some resemblance of success and gets Spurs finishing in the top 4 in the next couple of seasons, just not at Liverpool’s expense I hope.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29290 on: June 5, 2023, 11:45:46 am »

I bet Arne Slot isn't on too much more than that and he turned it down?

My wider point is that staying on £1.5 million a year and leaving for £6.5 million a year probably aren't his only options - there are probably 10 PL jobs that he will be considered for over the next 12 months that would all give him a substantial pay rise.

I guess I'm just not as motivated by money as the average Joe, not least in this hypothetical world where I'm managing at the top end and already a mutli-millionaire. If turning down a big hike in pay enables me to have a better, more meaningful and more successful career then I'm doing it.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2023, 11:47:17 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #29291 on: June 5, 2023, 01:29:16 pm »
Or, Spurs are a well known basket case.

So If he turns them around he is a genius.

If he fails, only a Lampardesque laughathon would dent his reputation. 

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29292 on: June 5, 2023, 05:38:45 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65813665

Ange Postecoglou: Tottenham reach agreement with Celtic boss to become their new manager
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #29293 on: June 5, 2023, 06:06:46 pm »
This could be anything, could crash and burn, could surpass Poch and actually win something, could just plod along without ever threatening the big clubs.  No idea.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #29294 on: June 5, 2023, 06:28:39 pm »
If I was him, I would take whatever he can get for Kane and start a rebuild.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29295 on: June 5, 2023, 06:33:55 pm »

Glad someone else said it first, was afraid to say and get torn apart.

He's a weight around their neck for me. Yes he bangs in goals but it's Harry Kane FC and, in my opinion, has maybe cost them a better chance at some trophies. He wasn't even slightly fit before Madrid but had to play.

I'd absolutely cash in on whatever they can get for him and use the money to build a defence and go from there.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29296 on: June 5, 2023, 06:37:25 pm »
Think a lot of people think the same about Kane, no? Not sure about Tottenham fans but from a neutral point of view, it seems to be the way to go.

It's also an obvious thing to say but he needs a bit of time. They tried short term with Mourinho and Conte and while lurching from manager to manager suggests they don't have much of a plan, Postecoglou himself at least seems competent enough even if Levy isn't. Still hope he fails miserably though.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29297 on: June 5, 2023, 06:40:34 pm »
I'd argue Daniel Levy is a far bigger weight around the neck for Spurs, but I agree, I'd cash in on Kane this summer and attempt to strengthen the squad.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29298 on: June 5, 2023, 06:42:38 pm »
they should cash in.  Kane is likely at his peak value right now, especially given his injury history.

but:
- he would die to get the PL scoring record so may refuse to leave England
and
- I can't see Post-it being given 3-4 years to rebuild, by Levy or by the fans.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29299 on: June 5, 2023, 06:45:24 pm »
They should arguably cashed in on Son as well, great player but has nosedived this season

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #29300 on: June 5, 2023, 07:06:23 pm »
Sacked by Christmas.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #29301 on: June 5, 2023, 07:24:48 pm »
Wouldn’t trust them to spend the money they get from selling them, but selling Kane and Son is a good idea, if they truly want to start a rebuild. It’s not like they’re winning anything in the next 3 years anyway, so might as well start with a younger squad.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29302 on: June 5, 2023, 07:27:59 pm »
Spurs spend regardless, contrary to popular belief, so not sure that selling Kane so they can rebuild is the best idea  ;D It leaves a massive gap to fill if he goes. 

Although, I do think he’ll go, cos by this point, surely he knows time is ticking if he wants to actually compete and win something.   But them actively pushing him out the door just sounds a bit of an odd strategy to me, being as he’s easily their best player, and one of the best forwards in the league.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #29303 on: June 5, 2023, 07:34:22 pm »
Spurs spend regardless, contrary to popular belief, so not sure that selling Kane so they can rebuild is the best idea  ;D It leaves a massive gap to fill if he goes. 

Although, I do think he’ll go, cos by this point, surely he knows time is ticking if he wants to actually compete and win something.   But them actively pushing him out the door just sounds a bit of an odd strategy to me, being as he’s easily their best player, and one of the best forwards in the league.

Only one year left on his contract is probably why. Huge boots to fill, but easier with 100mill than nothing, I suppose.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29304 on: June 5, 2023, 07:34:48 pm »
Sell Kane
Start Richarlison
? ? ?
Profit

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29305 on: June 5, 2023, 07:39:56 pm »
He's the logical heir to Benzema at Real but can't see them firing out cash for both him and Bellingham?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29306 on: June 5, 2023, 07:42:20 pm »
Only one year left on his contract is probably why. Huge boots to fill, but easier with 100mill than nothing, I suppose.

yeah defo makes sense! Just don’t quite get the angle that it somehow helps them for him not to be there!

They spent around a €180m last year, losing their best player even for a big fee, is a big set-back, as it won’t guarantee they strengthen the squad that well in other areas. They will have to spend it very wisely and hope the new boss can get a lot more out of their recent signings.

Also haven’t they committed to buy Pedro Porro? So before even starting with new signings, they’ll be paying a big fee for him.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #29307 on: June 5, 2023, 08:01:48 pm »
I'd argue Daniel Levy is a far bigger weight around the neck for Spurs, but I agree, I'd cash in on Kane this summer and attempt to strengthen the squad.
It's gonna be hard to cash in on Levy, so one's got to start somewhere... ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29308 on: June 5, 2023, 08:22:50 pm »
Ange to take these to Lofty heights?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29309 on: June 5, 2023, 08:28:31 pm »

yeah defo makes sense! Just don’t quite get the angle that it somehow helps them for him not to be there!

They spent around a €180m last year, losing their best player even for a big fee, is a big set-back, as it won’t guarantee they strengthen the squad that well in other areas. They will have to spend it very wisely and hope the new boss can get a lot more out of their recent signings.

Also haven’t they committed to buy Pedro Porro? So before even starting with new signings, they’ll be paying a big fee for him.

They are obligated to shell out £40m for him this summer apparently (on top of the £5m loan fee they paid) which is deeply unfortunate for them, as he's been absolutely shite since moving there. I also thought they had an obligation to buy Kulusevski for another £30m odd but apparently that was only if they got CL football, and without it it reverts to an option rather than obligation to buy, and it doesn't sound like they've made their mind up on whether to exercise it or not (or at least the player doesn't know if he's staying there).

They could potentially end up shelling out £70m this summer just to stand still or even go backwards (i.e. it's the same squad as they finished the season with, less Moura, Lenglet and Danjuma) which is not an ideal start to the window for them. As you note they spent a huge amount of money last summer, largely on shite, so you wonder how much is in the kitty this summer (especially with the loss of European football altogether).

I like Ange but his biggest issue there is going to be the quality of the squad he's inherited (which is wildly imbalanced, and not remotely geared towards progressive, attacking football). Wonder who is identifying the signings now Paratici is gone, but the whispers around their targets don't suggest they've suddenly learned to recruit smartly (Maddison, Kilman, etc). Think they're fucked if they don't sell Kane, as he'll be leaving for free and that squad needs a complete top to bottom overhaul. I don't even see a single CL-level player there you'd want to build your next squad arouund now that Kane and Son are entering their 30s.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29310 on: June 5, 2023, 08:32:28 pm »
Its the worst time to be taking over at spurs, their worst team for 10 years and thats with Kane staying. It can be turned around, will take a couple of years and a loT of backing, other clubs have done it, but with Spurs that poisonous atmosphere and levy at the top of it means it could all end in tears quick.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #29311 on: June 5, 2023, 10:00:56 pm »

Yep. Tottenham should just reassess their priorities and go for a teardown and rebuild.

They are obligated to shell out £40m for him this summer apparently (on top of the £5m loan fee they paid) which is deeply unfortunate for them, as he's been absolutely shite since moving there. I also thought they had an obligation to buy Kulusevski for another £30m odd but apparently that was only if they got CL football, and without it it reverts to an option rather than obligation to buy, and it doesn't sound like they've made their mind up on whether to exercise it or not (or at least the player doesn't know if he's staying there).

Apparently they are trying to get Juventus to sell for a lower price

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #29312 on: June 5, 2023, 10:08:06 pm »
It’s a really strange situation with Kane.  I agree Spurs have got to sell him now he’s finally within touching distance of being a free agent, but who’s going to buy him?  I don’t believe Madrid can be interested, he’d be such an underwhelming signing for them when they get linked with Mbappe/Haaland every other year.  Bayern wouldn’t pay huge money, and I can’t imagine Kane going to Newcastle.  So that only leaves Utd, and I don’t see huge pressure for them to overpay.  I’d guess he does go there, but unless new owners really want to make a statement it’ll end up being a deadline day deal for about £60m.  So not entirely out of the question that the move ends up collapsing out of Levy’s bloody mindedness, as per usual.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29313 on: June 5, 2023, 11:35:16 pm »
I like Ange but his biggest issue there is going to be the quality of the squad he's inherited

I think this will be his biggest problem. Not so much what he inherited but what he will need to transform it.

He inherited a mediocre squad at Celtic, which was still good enough to beat everyone else comfortably. Even Rangers. He added some players that you would class as average, if that for the premier League, but stars in the Celtic team - and from a cheap market he knows well.

That level of incoming transfer isn't going to cut it in the Prem. And it will need to be seen how much he'll be given, and what his shopping for an immediate much higher standard is like.

If Kane does go, even with the money they get, and if Son has another poor season, along with Pigeon shit being shite, then hopefully they will end up in shit state.

Looking forward to it to be honest.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2023, 12:51:52 am by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29314 on: June 6, 2023, 12:26:22 am »
It’s a really strange situation with Kane.  I agree Spurs have got to sell him now he’s finally within touching distance of being a free agent, but who’s going to buy him?  I don’t believe Madrid can be interested, he’d be such an underwhelming signing for them when they get linked with Mbappe/Haaland every other year.  Bayern wouldn’t pay huge money, and I can’t imagine Kane going to Newcastle.  So that only leaves Utd, and I don’t see huge pressure for them to overpay.  I’d guess he does go there, but unless new owners really want to make a statement it’ll end up being a deadline day deal for about £60m.  So not entirely out of the question that the move ends up collapsing out of Levy’s bloody mindedness, as per usual.
Kane is a world class player. You'll be surprised by the cubs that'll come in for him.

Football is not FIFA. Mbappe is not a 9 which is what Madrid need and Halaand doesn't possess the technique expected of a Real Madrid striker. Then you have Kane who's world class at everything (creating, scoring, holdup...). Also, Bayern need a 9 as well. The suggestion that he'd be an underwhelming signing is absurd because you'd struggle to name 3 strikers in european football that are better and more complete than him.

Sergio Ramos sends message to Harry Kane amid Interest from Real Madrid: "My advice to any player is don't turn down the opportunity to play for Real Madrid, it is a special club who know how to win. He (Kane) has an incredible physical presence. You can't score as many goals as he does in the Premier League and not be able to play the physical side of the game, but also he can play the technical side of the game as well and I don't think he gets enough credit for that. Yes, he is a great goalscorer, but also he is a great football player as well."
« Last Edit: June 6, 2023, 12:53:35 am by MonsLibpool »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29315 on: June 6, 2023, 12:37:42 am »

Lloris has been in serious decline for a few seasons.  They have loads of defenders but only Romero is any good (and that's borderline).  The Conte warhorse midfield doesn't seem like a good fit for Postecoglou's style. Kane, Son and Richarlison is their strongest part of the team on paper but Son looks like he's lost a bit of his edge, Richarlison had a dreadful season and Kane surely won't be there next season.

Every job has been a new challenge for him. From winning back-to-back domestic championships in Australia in his first 2 years, making Australia Champions of Asia, taking Yokohama F. Marinos to their first title in 15 years, and then collected 5 pieces of silverware in 2 seasons in Scotland.

He's extremely grounded and humble yet a strict disciplinarian. I'm only surprised Spurs have offered him 2-year contract as he really could build a decent team.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29316 on: June 6, 2023, 12:52:15 am »
Every job has been a new challenge for him. From winning back-to-back domestic championships in Australia in his first 2 years, making Australia Champions of Asia, taking Yokohama F. Marinos to their first title in 15 years, and then collected 5 pieces of silverware in 2 seasons in Scotland.

He's extremely grounded and humble yet a strict disciplinarian. I'm only surprised Spurs have offered him 2-year contract as he really could build a decent team.

It's as much his record before coming to Scotland that I'd pay attention to as his record in Scotland, which whilst good is just really hard to judge. The quality of the football has been good but it's a two team league and to be brutally honest in any given year it's as much about whichever team is off the pace as it is a team actually going and winning it. Celtic have won 9 of the last 10 league seasons and 12 of the last 20 domestic trophies on offer. Doesn't matter who Celtic appoint as his successor, they'll be favourites to sweep all competitions next season. Which is not to say he hasn't done a good job there, but he's been managing the team with the best and most expensive squad and the expectation is always to win the league, and they were about as shite in Europe as they always are.

It's an interesting appointment but lets see how he gets on in England - plenty of managers who've won or dominated the Scottish league have really struggled in England (Gerrard, Rodgers, Lennon).

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29317 on: June 6, 2023, 01:57:11 am »
I reckon any manager even considering going there at the moment would need their heads feeling.

Not a bad situation for a confident manager, either they go in and are binned off after 12-18 months and get a nice payoff with little negative impact on their cv as Spurs are a bit of a mess right now or you work miracles to get them back on track and bigger clubs will see him as a manager worth considering in the future.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29318 on: June 6, 2023, 02:29:44 am »
I agree Spurs need to sell Kane or Son, they're facing the same issues we did with our big three. I, however, think they should try to get Kane to sign a new deal and look to move Son. I think he's less dependent on physicality and will make a great playmaker in his twilight. He's ambitious but also seems genuinely committed to Spurs so it seems like something that could be done. Obviously if he won't extend, they could fund a rebuild - would he go to Chelsea? A Chelsea-MU bidding war would be a money printing machine - but even then, you'd want Levy out of the way before using those funds.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29319 on: June 6, 2023, 04:07:51 am »
Ange has a lot going for him, and has rebuilt every club he's been to significantly. He has form in dropping / selling the best player within the first half a season and then blooding a new unheralded superstar. Concerningly good appointment for them (offset though by the sorry state of that club, and the potential for some of his techniques to need a while to adapt to this league, hopefully)