Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2632417 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Spurs: fucking useless
« Reply #29160 on: May 20, 2023, 02:57:00 pm »
Useless "top" club.

Remember once a Spurs fan gloating to me that even their new training ground cost's £50m more than ours at Kirkby.  ;D
The modern 'fan'. They know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

A bit like Tories.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29161 on: May 21, 2023, 12:17:32 pm »
Kinda crazy that they were fourth when Conte left, and basically threw away their season by handing the job to the equivalent of the work experience kid. Surely despite the dysfunctional last few years they still had enough pull to get in someone decent to give them a fighting chance of getting over the line?

Mason having a go at us after the 4-3 win was actually a shrewd career move - it at least gives him a shot at the Everton job in a future, which is realistically the only chance he now has of a Prem job when his experience to date consists of being part of three or four failed managerial regimes in a few short years and then a failed caretaker stint.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29162 on: May 21, 2023, 01:56:45 pm »
Kinda crazy that they were fourth when Conte left, and basically threw away their season by handing the job to the equivalent of the work experience kid. Surely despite the dysfunctional last few years they still had enough pull to get in someone decent to give them a fighting chance of getting over the line?

Mason having a go at us after the 4-3 win was actually a shrewd career move - it at least gives him a shot at the Everton job in a future, which is realistically the only chance he now has of a Prem job when his experience to date consists of being part of three or four failed managerial regimes in a few short years and then a failed caretaker stint.
;D

Thing is it sounds like a joke but in fact you're absolutely correct!

(And I'll never stop loving your username. You should post more often :) )
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29163 on: May 23, 2023, 09:32:32 pm »
Seems that the wonderfully named Arne Slot is the man they have lined up for their managers’ job.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29164 on: May 23, 2023, 09:38:49 pm »
Seems that the wonderfully named Arne Slot is the man they have lined up for their managers’ job.
I'm sure he'll..erm.. slot in there seemlessly ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29165 on: May 23, 2023, 09:52:14 pm »
I'm sure he'll..erm.. slot in there seemlessly ;)

He's hoping he'll get Top Slot (guaranteed tabloid headline btw), after a few months will realise the best he can get is a top 4 Slot then because of his defence giving presents away like a bunch of loose Slots, he'll be fired.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29166 on: May 23, 2023, 09:58:34 pm »
Imagine if they play smooth. clockwork football, will the headline involve the phrase Slot Machine?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #29167 on: May 24, 2023, 12:59:46 am »
Spurs would be better off just blowing up their current side, see what they can get for Kane and/or Son, Lloris etc and starting again with a rebuild. A new manager and DoF would give them a fresh start and possibly lower expectations.  It amazes me that the likes of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Gil and Reguilon are still on their books. Over £150m+ in fees for those four alone, who are now all on loan.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 01:06:09 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29168 on: May 24, 2023, 09:43:26 am »
When they're languishing in 11th place after being hammered by us 0-5 at The Wallace & Gromit Cheese Bowl Stadium the headlines will read.

"Not a Slot on Target'

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #29169 on: May 24, 2023, 10:57:21 am »
When they're languishing in 11th place after being hammered by us 0-5 at The Wallace & Gromit Cheese Bowl Stadium the headlines will read.

"Not a Slot on Target'

And the inevitable sacking: "That's your S-lot"
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29170 on: May 24, 2023, 10:59:19 am »
And the inevitable sacking: "That's your S-lot"

Arne being served…his P45

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29171 on: May 24, 2023, 03:37:55 pm »
Spurs would be better off just blowing up their current side, see what they can get for Kane and/or Son, Lloris etc and starting again with a rebuild. A new manager and DoF would give them a fresh start and possibly lower expectations.  It amazes me that the likes of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Gil and Reguilon are still on their books. Over £150m+ in fees for those four alone, who are now all on loan.

Personally, I would keep Son for the re-build, and use him as a central attacker. Release Lucas, Lenglet, Danjuma, keep Kulusevski, sell Kane, Richarlison, Lloris, Perisic and Davies, see if any of the players on loan can be integrated into the squad for next season (if not, sell), and use the money from the sales on younger players who will be wanted by the new manager ...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #29172 on: May 24, 2023, 04:05:33 pm »
Slot (great name too, of course) has had a couple of really good years with Feyenoord, made the Conference League final and would probably have got to the Europa League final this season if not conceding late on against Roma, and of course won the league recently too. That Spurs job though, it's like a poisoned chalice really, how do you even define success there at the moment? If Kane is sold I think the mood will become increasingly sour there in the coming years.

Think they could finish anywhere from about 7th to 13th next season. They might be next year's Chelsea, just without spending 500 million in one window of course.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29173 on: May 24, 2023, 04:08:36 pm »
He's definitely better off waiting for a better more stable club, Spurs under Levy is a disaster.

I reckon he'll fancy it though.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #29174 on: May 24, 2023, 04:49:20 pm »
He's definitely better off waiting for a better more stable club, Spurs under Levy is a disaster.

I reckon he'll fancy it though.

Yeah, can see the reasons why like, big pay rise and going to the biggest league there is. I'd hold on a while personally, another season with Feyenoord where a trophy win is realistic, take them into the Champions League and even if you drop out there's still the possibility of Europa League success. Wise idea would be wait for something better than Spurs but he's not exactly slumming it with Feyenoord.

Interesting to see how quickly the Kane stuff is revolved. Can see it dragging on until deadline day or something. Would be quite funny after all this if they lost him on a free next season. Suppose he'd have a few more suitors without a transfer fee but we'll see how many good years he has left. He's got 28 league goals this season which is his best return for five years. Surprised he's only ever hit 30 once, felt like he'd have done it a few times to me.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29175 on: May 24, 2023, 05:04:41 pm »
Interesting to see how quickly the Kane stuff is revolved. Can see it dragging on until deadline day or something. Would be quite funny after all this if they lost him on a free next season. Suppose he'd have a few more suitors without a transfer fee but we'll see how many good years he has left. He's got 28 league goals this season which is his best return for five years. Surprised he's only ever hit 30 once, felt like he'd have done it a few times to me.

I think that Kane will go to Man Utd pretty early in the transfer window ...

Manchester United will attempt to smooth negotiations with Tottenham by bidding as quickly as possible for Harry Kane this summer

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/24/harry-kane-tottenham-spurs-manchester-united-ten-hag-victor-osimhen-napoli-rasmus-hojlund-atalanta

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #29176 on: May 24, 2023, 05:08:42 pm »
I think that Kane will go to Man Utd pretty early in the transfer window ...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/24/harry-kane-tottenham-spurs-manchester-united-ten-hag-victor-osimhen-napoli-rasmus-hojlund-atalanta
Aren't they sniffing around young Ferguson from Brighton?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #29177 on: May 24, 2023, 05:09:39 pm »
If Utd don't go for Kane in the end, it'll be very interesting to see what happens with him.  Will he actually make a move abroad?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29178 on: May 24, 2023, 05:09:45 pm »
Aren't they sniffing around young Ferguson from Brighton?
Better than sniffing round old Ferguson on the hard shoulder...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #29179 on: May 24, 2023, 05:12:42 pm »
Better than sniffing round old Ferguson on the hard shoulder...
;D

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29180 on: May 25, 2023, 08:08:59 am »
Slot has rejected them by the sound of it :

Breaking: Arne Slot says he wants to stay at Feyenoord.

Slot: “I have been hearing a lot of rumors going around about other club’s interest in me. Although I am thankful my wish is to stay at Feynoord and continue working on what we created last year.”

;D

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29181 on: May 25, 2023, 08:25:16 am »
Slot has rejected them by the sound of it :

Breaking: Arne Slot says he wants to stay at Feyenoord.

Slot: “I have been hearing a lot of rumors going around about other club’s interest in me. Although I am thankful my wish is to stay at Feynoord and continue working on what we created last year.”

;D

Sensible decision by him.

Spurs are a bit of a basket case.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29182 on: May 25, 2023, 08:25:39 am »
Maybe Spalletti wants to make a lot of money if he leaves Napoli? Fee

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #29183 on: May 25, 2023, 08:42:41 am »
Love hearing all these managers turning them down.

Spursy by name, Spursy by nature

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29184 on: May 25, 2023, 08:43:16 am »
Sensible decision by him.

Spurs are a bit of a basket case cheese board.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #29185 on: May 25, 2023, 08:45:36 am »
I mean it might get to a point where they are stuck with Mason which would be funny as fuck

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29186 on: May 25, 2023, 09:43:16 am »
He's hoping he'll get Top Slot (guaranteed tabloid headline btw), after a few months will realise the best he can get is a top 4 Slot then because of his defence giving presents away like a bunch of loose Slots, he'll be fired.

Tottenham Slotspur?

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29187 on: May 25, 2023, 10:18:19 am »
So he's not gonna fill the slot? Next...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29188 on: May 25, 2023, 10:43:22 am »
I think they will end up with Graham Potter, and he will do a decent job for them ...

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29189 on: May 25, 2023, 10:45:11 am »
Personally, I would keep Son for the re-build, and use him as a central attacker. Release Lucas, Lenglet, Danjuma, keep Kulusevski, sell Kane, Richarlison, Lloris, Perisic and Davies, see if any of the players on loan can be integrated into the squad for next season (if not, sell), and use the money from the sales on younger players who will be wanted by the new manager ...

If you are going full rebuild and not really expecting much from next season, it would seem to make more sense to cash in on somebody like Son who will be 31 by the start of the new season.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29190 on: May 25, 2023, 10:46:59 am »
If you are going full rebuild and not really expecting much from next season, it would seem to make more sense to cash in on somebody like Son who will be 31 by the start of the new season.

Well, they don't need a full re-build, just a normal one ...

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29192 on: May 25, 2023, 10:53:49 am »
Triffic Tim working on his salutes in front of his bedroom mirror.

Asks a friend to call his phone to make sure it isn't faulty and not receiving calls.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #29193 on: May 25, 2023, 01:09:56 pm »
Levy is an imbecile, Pochettino was the best manager he had, but fucked him off for Mourinho, after giving Pochettino no money after 18/19 season [when they needed to improve the squad] because they were funding the new stadium, Pochettino was fired November 19, then gave Mourinho no money to spend ether & fucked him off 6 days before a cup final, Levy even sacked a manager during a match, he's been Spurs chairman since 2001 & Spurs have only won 1 major trophy [EFL cup in 2008], Levy's had more fuck ups than successes.
#Sausages

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #29194 on: May 25, 2023, 01:14:18 pm »
Yeah, can see the reasons why like, big pay rise and going to the biggest league there is. I'd hold on a while personally, another season with Feyenoord where a trophy win is realistic, take them into the Champions League and even if you drop out there's still the possibility of Europa League success. Wise idea would be wait for something better than Spurs but he's not exactly slumming it with Feyenoord.

He's not getting success in the Europa league next season, unless success is losing the final to us.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #29195 on: May 25, 2023, 01:27:38 pm »
Maybe Spalletti wants to make a lot of money if he leaves Napoli? Fee

Taking a sabbatical, think his contract says he cannot manage another side next year. Unless that’s just in Italy?

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29196 on: May 25, 2023, 03:51:42 pm »
They'll be gone for a while if lose Harry Kane
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29197 on: May 25, 2023, 04:16:27 pm »
They'll be gone for a while if lose Harry Kane

Actually, if they make the right managerial appointment, I think that Kane leaving will be good for them. They've become too reliant on him, and everything it their game revolves around him. If they trick Man Utd into paying good money for him, and if they allow the new manager to spend the money on 2-3 good young players of his own, they shouldn't be in trouble ...

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #29198 on: May 25, 2023, 04:18:51 pm »
Actually, if they make the right managerial appointment, I think that Kane leaving will be good for them. They've become too reliant on him, and everything it their game revolves around him. If they trick Man Utd into paying good money for him, and if they allow the new manager to spend the money on 2-3 good young players of his own, they shouldn't be in trouble ...

Won't happen and won't happen.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29199 on: May 25, 2023, 04:25:02 pm »
Genuinely think these will be bouncing around mid-table for the foreseeable. Not much to be positive about there.