Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1430409 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5120 on: February 6, 2019, 11:56:51 pm »
I think you gave Aurelio a bit much playing time there. :)
But I don't think that Aurelio would make it in our current team. Horses for courses, I know, different style and all that, but still.

Aurelio was an incredible left back - a level above Robertson regardless of style ... but he was never fit and availability counts for something so don't think you can ever say you'd take him in one of these 'best ever or best of era' teams... but if we're just playing 'who was best at their best in that position' he's the best post glory years full back we've had 

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5121 on: February 6, 2019, 11:58:18 pm »
I could swear I read someone (maybe Merson) say we were 10 points ahead recently.  :o

After we beat Arsenal, we were 9 clear of Spurs, and 10 clear of City. Same number of games as Spurs, but City had to play the next day. They won. So at the end of any game week this season, the max we have been ahead is 7. For 1 game until we played at City.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5122 on: February 7, 2019, 12:01:45 am »
With City playing more games than us. We'll see what the standings are like at the end of the month. No point in being upset about a not being in the lead when they have played more games.
I remembered that it is better to play more games and having the points in the pocket. Than to have the games in hand.
The thing is the pressure of expectations is pretty obvious taking it's toil on the players.
Our top guns did not show up in the last 2 games when they are needed. Seems that's an indication of the pressure.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5123 on: February 7, 2019, 12:10:47 am »
Oh well.
Lead is gone now. 7 points became 5 points and became 3 points and now no daylight between the top two.
Like it or Not, the players are feeling the pressure at 15 games to the finishing line. That's just too early.

The lack of experience is bearing down on the players.
In earlier games they were playing freely and winning comfortably. It has changed. In spite of city faltering they were unable to put a further distance between.

Now that city is ahead again, the pressure will be intense. Even with 13 games to go.
We will see who falters first.

I don't really buy the 'lack of experience' line. People like to push it in order to undermine us.

Our players are not wet behind the ears. We have been in two European finals in recent years including the biggest of them all. Everyone is inexperienced at winning the biggest prizes until they day they do so. But do people undermine and write City off in the European Cup because they are inexperienced at winning it? Nope, they say they were the best team in the world so should win it regardless.

It's not really about having previous title winning experience. It's about producing your best in as many games as possible, winning as many as possible and winning ugly when you don't play well. It's about giving your all, one game at a time. It's about concentrating on yourselves and not worrying about what other teams are doing. It's also about getting up after every setback and coming back stronger.

Do we tell people they'll struggle to pass their driving test just because they don't have previous experience of passing it?
Thing is, if you have the talent, the mentality and the persistence, chances are you will get there eventually. You just tend to have to learn how to deal with setbacks and failures, then learn from them first. We are in that learning and growing process at the moment, but we aren't far off being where we want to be.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5124 on: February 7, 2019, 12:13:58 am »
After we beat Arsenal, we were 9 clear of Spurs, and 10 clear of City. Same number of games as Spurs, but City had to play the next day. They won. So at the end of any game week this season, the max we have been ahead is 7. For 1 game until we played at City.
Ah, so the fact City were yet to play was not mentioned in order to make our ''collapse'' look all the more spectacular.  ::)

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5125 on: February 7, 2019, 12:18:25 am »
Ah, so the fact City were yet to play was not mentioned in order to make our ''collapse'' look all the more spectacular.  ::)

... and the stonewall red on Kompany wasn't either.
Linudden.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5126 on: February 7, 2019, 12:32:45 am »

Exactly. Since we went top, at the end of each game week the total points difference has been

16 - 1pt
17 - 1pt
18 - 4pts
19 - 7 pts
20 - 4 pts
21 - 4 pts
22 - 4 pts
23 - 4 pts
24 - 5 pts
25 - 3 pts

So despite their "relentless pursuit", should we win on Saturday, they'll have made up 1 point on us in the last 7 games. Yet we're in some sort of crisis.

Offline arbiarbi

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5127 on: February 7, 2019, 12:34:51 am »
We must improve a lot if we want to win tittle... What is happening with our attack ? We must start score more goals soon as possible....

And yes.. City also does not play so good, but they played against bitches today...
Who still can respect Everton ? For what ? For 2014 and 37th round against City ? For this today? The best players on the bench....

Karma is bitch !!!!!!!!!! That Evertonian pussies deserve to suffer, and they will suffer a lot! Mane and Origi will be happened again, it is not accidentaly.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #5128 on: February 7, 2019, 12:39:36 am »
I think we can still talk about margins here. Leicester, the needless foul on the edge of the box, by a good intentions Robertson on the closing seconds of a half. Mane fouled running through on goal when Evans slipped and Keita trodden on in the box. A really worked set play by West Ham, who seemed to have three really good set plays, plus a referee trying to even the books. Divocks near goal at the end. The margins in that City game as well, Agueros goal and the one that pinged off the far post hit the near post and went in, our 11mm not over the line and Firminos header.

Id say we are still in this and youd like to hope we claw those points back on Saturday against Bournemouth.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5129 on: February 7, 2019, 12:39:46 am »
We must improve a lot if we want to win tittle... What is happening with our attack ? We must start score more goals soon as possible....

And yes.. City also does not play so good, but they played against bitches today...
Who still can respect Everton ? For what ? For 2014 and 37th round against City ? For this today? The best players on the bench....

Karma is bitch !!!!!!!!!! That Evertonian pussies deserve to suffer, and they will suffer a lot! Mane and Origi will be happened again, it is not accidentaly.

Is right  :D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5130 on: February 7, 2019, 12:44:52 am »

We’ve only ever been 7 points ahead on the same number of games played. We’re 3 points ahead if we win our game in hand. We’ve dropped 4 points to them including the game that they beat us. They dropped more points and conceded more ground in Dec. Funny how it’s framed differently to suit a particular narrative.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #5131 on: February 7, 2019, 12:44:56 am »
“I would like to win the European Cup, naturally, because that’s the ultimate in Europe; but the main thing – our bread and butter – is this. That’s what we want to win all the time. Never mind Europe. It’s been a great thing for Liverpool and a great thing for the country, but this is our bread and butter, and this is the one we want.”- Bill Shankly 1973 on league success vs European success

This was the attitude of liverpool in the 1970s and 80s. At that time, the reds were still chasing a first ever European cup and most fans considered it the pinnacle of all achievements. Liverpool had achieved plenty of domestic success in the 60s including two league titles and of course the club’s first ever fa cup but success in the European cup had always eluded us. Although we reached the semi finals in 1965, where we put in a famous performance at anfield to win 3-1 against inter milan only to lose 3-0 at the san siro, this is the closest we’d come to European success.

The quote came in 1973 soon after liverpool had won the UEFA cup, beating Borussia Monchengladbach 3-2 over two legs to win Europe’s secondary tournament and liverpool’s first ever piece of European silverware. This was finally success at the continental stage. However, the reds had also won the league championship that year and that was the main thing for Shanks. Although Europe provided the chance for considerable glory, the league championship was, in his opinion, the best measure of a great team. In his eyes, Europe was a bonus and the league was what had to be won every year.

This idea was continued to an even greater scale under Bob Paisley. Of the 8 seasons Bob spent at the club, amazingly only 3 ended without the league title. While the reds also had success in Europe including 3 european cups and a UEFA cup triumph in those 8 years, this was considered as a reward on top of the league championship, which was seen as the minimum expectation for the team. After every season that we won the title, the players were given their medals and were reminded to put it behind them. It was now in the past and they must focus on next year. This was the ruthless nature of liverpool’s domestic achievements. No champagne. No lingering on achievements. This was the bar which we had to set every year and usually did.

This attitude can be seen when liverpool clinched our last league title to date, at anfield in 1990. The players at full time are almost strolling around the pitch, happy but relaxed. Of course this could be partly due to the tragic events of the year before which taught the players that football never has been more important than a matter of life and death but I think it was mainly because there was no need for wild celebrations. This is what liverpool did. We existed to win league titles. I wonder how the players and the fans there at anfield that day would have reacted if someone had told them that we wouldn’t win another one for at least 29 years. It’s been a tough 29 years for the club but success could finally be returning to the club .

A long time has passed since the 70s and 80s when liverpool dominated English football. A lot has changed since then, one being the way we view the league title. While winning the league used to be an expectation that we had to achieve, times have changed and winning the league title is now regarded as the biggest achievement that the club could do. While winning the European cup was the dream of liverpudlians in Shankly’s days, the league has taken on that place of importance. Pre 1977, Europe was the holy grail. Now it’s the league.

So what’s the point of me saying all of this? Well the answer is simple and that’s to show the importance of winning that first title in almost 3 decades. Everyone in the fan base seems very on edge at the moment when discussing the title race which in a way is understandable. We all want to win it so much and the idea of finally winning the league seems almost too good to be true after all the heartbreak we’ve been through in other recent title challenges. However, once we have that first title, we’ll have a monkey off our backs and the fan base can be much more at ease. Maybe we’ll never get to the point of casually strolling round the field after winning the league but we can maybe be a bit more relaxed in future.

Despite this , it seems like some fans need some perspective. Only 9 years ago, Hicks and Gillett were killing the club and we were managed by Roy fucking Hodgson. Whether we win the league or not at the end of the season, we’ve come a hell of a long way since then and some of us will do well to remember that fact. We now have arguably our best squad in the premier league era and are more than holding our own against a club owned by a fucking country. It is absolutely possible that we could “bottle” it as the media are calling it (or getting beaten to the title by a financially doped club who got 100 points last season). However, if we do, we should all remember how lucky we are to support this club right now.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #5132 on: February 7, 2019, 12:53:16 am »
The best manager in the World now as well...

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5133 on: February 7, 2019, 01:08:48 am »
Fans must stay positive especially in the social media. If you have nothing posit e to say, then stay off the so ial media completely. Stop feeding the negative narrative. It may not affect our players mndset and focus but it does not add any value either

Clearly now Pep is upping the mind games with his now regular comments on us. I hope we do not react except only on the field.

Glad that we have changed the thread title. The pack chasing us in Dec/Jan just did not feel right for a team that has not won the league for 29 years
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #5134 on: February 7, 2019, 01:38:49 am »
Oh well.
Lead is gone now. 7 points became 5 points and became 3 points and now no daylight between the top two.
Like it or Not, the players are feeling the pressure at 15 games to the finishing line. That's just too early.

The lack of experience is bearing down on the players.
In earlier games they were playing freely and winning comfortably. It has changed. In spite of city faltering they were unable to put a further distance between.

Now that city is ahead again, the pressure will be intense. Even with 13 games to go.
We will see who falters first.

Most of our starters have won a league.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5135 on: February 7, 2019, 01:40:33 am »
It may work in our favour for City to go top albeit briefly. That may kick in our hunger again. It's not the end of the world but it is getting very very stressful. We are going through a dip for sure but so will other teams. We just have to beat what's in front of us. Easier said than done but the boys have to hold their head up high

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #5136 on: February 7, 2019, 01:47:26 am »
We're having a remarkable season, as are Spurs and City. Looking at the fixtures remaining I think the next 5 games for us are crucial in the run home. City's will have to be perfect not to drop points in their next 5 but I can see them winning the remainder. If we can our next 5 the pressure on them will be immense before we have the tougher run home.

Offline arbiarbi

• Main Stander
« Reply #5137 on: February 7, 2019, 02:24:56 am »
We can afford a bad day to drop 2 points. City can not afford it... We have the similar schedule, they have to play away games against some good home teams as Burnley,Bournemouth and especially Crystal Palace... They are not playing so good for sure, against Newcastle they played bad, today not so good but they played against bitches, they won against Arsenal, but Arsenal has the worst defence in the premier league...

they look more like a team that can lose the game than we do, and I am sure they will lose some game till the end of the season, and I am not sure we will lose any.
Our players must show passion, pride, bravery, forget this january and start to play good, fast, beautiful as they can and we will be very very happy at the end of the season, and proud. This team is capable to win all games till the end of the season, and we all should believe in that !

This all is crazy, stressful, heartbreaking, but this is Liverpool, something special not only football club! And we all must hope and send only positive energy and we should think positive aboout it! We must believe, and from that point everything starts!
I'm happy that this forum has many positive people who believe in this club and who love it in the right way. This is the right place for all true Liverpool fans, I am happy to be here with you all mighty reds ! With fans like that Liverpool always will be so big and glorious !

Supporting Liverpool is not just supporting football club it is passion and love that fans of other clubs dont feel! It is a special kind of love that only we who love Liverpool in the right way feel(not those modern instagram fancy glory hunters as Man City or Chelsea fans), thank you God for having steered me to cheer for the liverpool, I am sure if god support some club it is Liverpool  ;D

We deserve to win it, and we will do it !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5138 on: February 7, 2019, 02:38:00 am »
Most of our starters have won a league.

So where's the problem then, if it's not experience?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5139 on: February 7, 2019, 02:43:04 am »

Injuries and illness
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5140 on: February 7, 2019, 02:48:21 am »
We're having a remarkable season, as are Spurs and City. Looking at the fixtures remaining I think the next 5 games for us are crucial in the run home. City's will have to be perfect not to drop points in their next 5 but I can see them winning the remainder. If we can our next 5 the pressure on them will be immense before we have the tougher run home.

I'm surprised people still say stuff like this after the way the season has gone so far. 

City can drop points in any game, let that sink in.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #5141 on: February 7, 2019, 03:42:03 am »
Top my ass. I'll take a game in hand over gd all day.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5142 on: February 7, 2019, 03:43:45 am »

What problem? The season's not over.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #5143 on: February 7, 2019, 03:56:52 am »
It may work in our favour for City to go top albeit briefly. That may kick in our hunger again. It's not the end of the world but it is getting very very stressful. We are going through a dip for sure but so will other teams. We just have to beat what's in front of us. Easier said than done but the boys have to hold their head up high

I think so too. Psychologically, seeing City back on top will light a fire under the players arses (in the politest sense of the term). We need to feel angry again. There is no other incentive now other than to just go for it. We need to regain the supremacy.

Just start by beating Bournemouth and the confidence, and mood will instantly pick up for the players and fans. I honestly believe that if do that and beat Bayern we will go on a run.
YWNA

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5144 on: February 7, 2019, 03:57:39 am »
Well nobody was actually expecting the Bitters to give us a hand last night, so no surprises this morning waking up to that.

We need to do our part on Saturday. If we fail to win and City win against Chelsea, that for me would be a fatal blow. Dress it however you like. Thats the way it is.

I think, however, we will win. I also think City will drop points.  :wave

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5145 on: February 7, 2019, 04:05:52 am »
I'd rather the players grow some.

Have you seen their reactions? They've to a man come out and said the right things. The fans need to join the party instead of creating anxiety.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #5146 on: February 7, 2019, 05:29:28 am »
The fans need to join the party instead of creating anxiety.

What party? We blew a comfortable advantage and there is a big chance we will bottle the whole thing now. Its normal for the people to be anxious given the fact in the recent years we blew all our chances for a silverware..
« Last Edit: February 7, 2019, 06:40:51 am by RedSamba »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5147 on: February 7, 2019, 05:53:44 am »
What party? We blew a comfortable advantage and there is a big chance we will bottle the whole thing now. Its normal for the people to be anxious given the fact in the recent year we blew all our chances for a silverware..

There is?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5148 on: February 7, 2019, 05:58:20 am »
Have you seen their reactions? They've to a man come out and said the right things. The fans need to join the party instead of creating anxiety.

That's easier said than done though. For that to happen, the team has to start performing better. It'only natural the fans have been getting nervous with the way we've been playing recently. And by that, I don't mean they have to come flying out of the traps every game. They just need to get back to showing they are in complete control of the situation and that sooner or later they will score the goals that will win us the game. Like they were doing in the first half of the season. They just haven't been doing that recently.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2019, 06:02:08 am by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5149 on: February 7, 2019, 06:10:31 am »
Our attackers have all lost their form at the same time. We only need one of them to get back on track with their goals-to-game ratio, and we'll be flying again.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5150 on: February 7, 2019, 06:11:18 am »
Our attackers have all lost their form at the same time. We only need one of them to get back on track with their goals-to-game ratio, and we'll be flying again.

Sadio hasn't been too bad in the last couple of games. The other two need to step it up though.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5151 on: February 7, 2019, 06:14:26 am »
Sadio hasn't been too bad in the last couple of games. The other two need to step it up though.

Yeah, Sadio's the Mane man right now ;D

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5152 on: February 7, 2019, 06:15:10 am »
Yeah, Sadio's the Mane man right now ;D

;D

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #5153 on: February 7, 2019, 06:28:18 am »
Are people feeling better now that we're chasing again?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5154 on: February 7, 2019, 06:32:40 am »
If the players are feeling the pressure, tough. That's what playing for a big club is about.
Man up and get on with it. These are multi millionaires we are talking about, real pressure is families out of work with no money coming in and kids to feed and cloth.

A lot of fans who are supposedly creating this pressure environment and expectation would spend their last penny following and supporting their team.

So we aren't top anymore, okay - go out and perform to your best and try and put that right. It's not easy we get it, City are a good team with a massive squad.
There are a lot of games to go and plenty of points available, one game at a time try and beat Bournemouth then off you go for some training in the sun (lucky you!).
After that we may get a couple of players back and will be stronger.

EDIT - Apologies not sure where all that came from, we have only lost 1 game all year, and we still as it stands aren't top. That's how tough it is.
Going on Saturday hope we can get 3 points and then take it from there.

« Last Edit: February 7, 2019, 06:58:23 am by Frank Becton »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5155 on: February 7, 2019, 06:59:56 am »
If the players are feeling the pressure, tough. That's what playing for a big club is about.
Man up and get on with it. These are multi millionaires we are talking about, real pressure is families out of work with no money coming in and kids to feed and cloth.

A lot of fans who are supposedly creating this pressure environment and expectation would spend their last penny following and supporting their team.

So we aren't top anymore, okay - go out and perform to your best and try and put that right. It's not easy we get it, City are a good team with a massive squad.
There are a lot of games to go and plenty of points available, one game at a time try and beat Bournemouth then off you go for some training in the sun (lucky you!).
After that we may get a couple of players back and will be stronger.

Well most of our players haven‘t been in a situation like this before. I can only imagine playing for a club like ours in a city where everybody wants to win the league so bad for 30 years.

I totally understand your point but in my opinion you can not compare the pressure of needing to feed your family with the pressure of the players because it is a subjective feeling. It could feel as difficult for anybody no matter what situation or position.

And being a millionaire doesn‘t make you feel different otherwise every rich man would be a happy man.

If you try to put yourself in the position of one of our players. Imagine trying to walk out in a stadium where every person feels that we can beat anybody. That energy would be awesome and no one would doubt that anything would be possible.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5156 on: February 7, 2019, 07:04:04 am »
Well most of our players haven‘t been in a situation like this before. I can only imagine playing for a club like ours in a city where everybody wants to win the league so bad for 30 years.

I totally understand your point but in my opinion you can not compare the pressure of needing to feed your family with the pressure of the players because it is a subjective feeling. It could feel as difficult for anybody no matter what situation or position.

And being a millionaire doesn‘t make you feel different otherwise every rich man would be a happy man.

If you try to put yourself in the position of one of our players. Imagine trying to walk out in a stadium where every person feels that we can beat anybody. That energy would be awesome and no one would doubt that anything would be possible.

True , after all we have lost 1 game all season in the league. We can't wilt now though as there is still over a 3rd of the season left. City set such a high standard, very difficult to finish above them with the money and squad they have.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5157 on: February 7, 2019, 07:14:23 am »
True , after all we have lost 1 game all season in the league. We can't wilt now though as there is still over a 3rd of the season left. City set such a high standard, very difficult to finish above them with the money and squad they have.

It is - but be honest. Aren‘t you enjoying it? I love the situation we are in. Under pressure coming into the last third of the season, pretty much on the same level as maybe the best team since the beginning of the Premier League.

For the first time in the last 15 years I feel that we are capable of winning silverware without having to hope that our players have to overperform week in week out because there is so much quality in our squad and staff.
And if we can keep most of them healthy this will be our season!

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5158 on: February 7, 2019, 07:24:55 am »

Mane is doing fine.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5159 on: February 7, 2019, 07:30:34 am »
I don't think I've ever seen you write a bad post.  :)

I never watch the twats either. I had Coronation Street on then The Undateables.  8)

You swapped Everton for the undatables?   There's an easy joke there somewhere.