Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal  (Read 738079 times)

Offline NarutoReds

• Anny Roader
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #8440 on: March 20, 2019, 03:59:53 AM »
I want to complain much about Salah and slating him badly but when I remember this... I just keep quiet and just look forward.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery.
  • Believer
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #8441 on: March 20, 2019, 08:50:59 AM »
I've read many people relieved that Salah is resting during this international week. Well, on more than one occasion it is his goals for Egypt which gave him a boost and aided his goalscoring form for Liverpool. There's a few small cases, but the major one is when he started his first season well but wasn't converting enough chances, but then after scoring the World Cup qualifying goal for Egypt, he returned to Anfield buzzing and that's when his goal numbers rocketed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:07:22 AM by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity?
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8442 on: March 20, 2019, 10:39:11 AM »
He will eventually find form, not really a concern at all.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8443 on: March 20, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »

We've got 7 league games left  :D

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online LFCEmpire

• Kopite
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #8444 on: March 20, 2019, 10:52:02 AM »
I want to complain much about Salah and slating him badly but when I remember this... I just keep quiet and just look forward.

Jesus christ, good reminder to be happy with what we got!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #8445 on: March 20, 2019, 11:23:57 AM »
No wonder Aquilani wasn't heartbroken to leave
 ;D
St. Domingo's needs your cash

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8446 on: March 20, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »
I've read many people relieved that Salah is resting during this international week. Well, on more than one occasion it is his goals for Egypt which gave him a boost and aided his goalscoring form for Liverpool. There's a few small cases, but the major one is when he started his first season well but wasn't converting enough chances, but then after scoring the World Cup qualifying goal for Egypt, he returned to Anfield buzzing and that's when his goal numbers rocketed.

Any kind of break is crucial for him at this stage - there's no way he isn't tired.
After playing the entirety of last season without a real break he got injured, rushed back and went to the world cup then a short break including rehabbing the injury and into preseason.
Since then he's played almost every game for us and (without checking) played the most minutes of any outfield player ... during that time he's recorded the most sprints per game of anyone in the league (!!!)
Very hard to do that without a physical and mental drop off at some point

Honestly our handling of him hasn't been great but then he's our most important player so you accept him at 90% of his max is better than the alternatives.
Hope he's getting rest these two weeks and it gets him closer to his best for the run in.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #8447 on: March 20, 2019, 01:15:33 PM »
Any kind of break is crucial for him at this stage - there's no way he isn't tired.
After playing the entirety of last season without a real break he got injured, rushed back and went to the world cup then a short break including rehabbing the injury and into preseason.
Since then he's played almost every game for us and (without checking) played the most minutes of any outfield player ... during that time he's recorded the most sprints per game of anyone in the league (!!!)

Honestly our handling of him hasn't been great but then he's our most important player so you accept him at 90% of his max is better than the alternatives.
Hope he's getting rest these two weeks and it gets him closer to his best for the run in.

WEll said

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8448 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:02 PM »

Lads, remind me who is the guy third from the left in the upper row. Who also looks like he had his head photoshopped.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #8449 on: March 20, 2019, 02:44:13 PM »

Talk about stating the obvious mate..  ;D
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline bornandbRED

• Believer
« Reply #8450 on: March 20, 2019, 02:51:53 PM »
Lads, remind me who is the guy third from the left in the upper row. Who also looks like he had his head photoshopped.

Ryan Mclaughlin

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #8451 on: March 20, 2019, 03:27:50 PM »

We all moan about international football and the potential risk or injury and burn out for our players playing games that don't help Liverpool directly.

However, there are times when playing games at international football is good for a player. If Origi gets game time for Belgium I think that's bonus in this international break. Same with Lovren.

In Salah's case I think you are right. Getting a rest both physically and mentally is probably what he needs. Give him a few days off and let him go on holiday somewhere. Same with the likes of Milner etc..Get them back at Melwood next Monday and ramp things up for the Spurs game.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery.
  • Believer
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #8453 on: March 20, 2019, 04:40:03 PM »

Salah is my brother, man but I disagree. He had 2 breaks. One in the sun that wasn't sunny, and one in Arabia. Both accounted for losing rhythm... as we might all remember he was firing before that first "break".
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline King.Keita

• Doesn't believe in YNWA, turns his stream off if Liverpool are losing. Can only support the club under his terms.
  • Believer
« Reply #8454 on: March 20, 2019, 10:28:14 PM »

Only about six years ago as well, we sure have come far.
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #8455 on: March 20, 2019, 10:44:32 PM »

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8456 on: Yesterday at 12:43:05 AM »

hypnotic! :)

too tired to argue but goal scorers/goal creators > defenders
either way Salah being at the top of his game is important if we want to win stuff

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8457 on: Yesterday at 01:36:41 AM »
he's our most important player
goal scorers/goal creators > defenders
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:40:42 AM by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8458 on: Yesterday at 12:03:34 PM »
Brilliant use of Virgil gifs there! 8)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #8459 on: Yesterday at 02:58:24 PM »
hypnotic! :)

too tired to argue but goal scorers/goal creators > defenders
either way Salah being at the top of his game is important if we want to win stuff

Think we've had this discussion before so i'll agree to disagree but i'd 100% be more concerned if Virgil was out injured than Salah

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #8460 on: Yesterday at 03:38:12 PM »
So he's at Melwood for the whole international break?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8461 on: Yesterday at 03:53:02 PM »
So he's at Melwood for the whole international break?

I'd have thought he's got a few days off first, hopefully he's on a beach in Egypt.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #8462 on: Yesterday at 03:53:52 PM »
I'd have thought he's got a few days off first, hopefully he's on a beach in Egypt.

Nice, I just assumed he'd be off playing every minute of some pointless friendlies somewhere.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8463 on: Yesterday at 03:54:27 PM »
Think we've had this discussion before so i'll agree to disagree but i'd 100% be more concerned if Virgil was out injured than Salah

That’s not agreeing to disagree that’s making your argument again .... used that one myself :)
As you said I’ve posted my view elsewhere and wasn’t really looking to talk about it in the original post that got quoted. They’re both very good at football let’s leave it at that

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #8464 on: Yesterday at 07:41:07 PM »
That’s not agreeing to disagree that’s making your argument again .... used that one myself :)
As you said I’ve posted my view elsewhere and wasn’t really looking to talk about it in the original post that got quoted. They’re both very good at football let’s leave it at that

Nah i'm simply saying we'll 100% not agree on this but this is part of why I feel Virgils more important, there is no 'argument'

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8465 on: Yesterday at 07:46:15 PM »
Brilliant use of Virgil gifs there! 8)

Such a giant of a man, even his gifs are monstrous!
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline darragh85

• Kopite
« Reply #8466 on: Yesterday at 11:38:25 PM »

Wijnaldum top left. wtf?

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Nathan Eccleston I think  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Redcap

• Believer
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Nathan Eccleston I think  ;D

Just looked him up - he's basically retired.

He was really well regarded back in the day. I bet he didn't think that he wasn't even going to hit double digits in goals in his whole career when he started out.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Kopite
Only about six years ago as well, we sure have come far.
Enrique looks like he's just rolled out of bed......or just rolled a spliff...and smoked it.

Who's that bloke to his left who looks like Igor Biscan? At first I thought someone who done a really bad photoshop with head to body  :o

p.s. to be fair, I think that pic is from a pre-season friendly, so even at the best of times the team would have a few 'fringe' players in it. Would be better to show one of our poorer teams for a proper game around that era....might be slightly better.....but only slightly  ;D
« Last Edit: Today at 09:10:07 AM by Jon2lfc »
St. Domingo's needs your cash

Offline Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Nice, I just assumed he'd be off playing every minute of some pointless friendlies somewhere.
did he not travel?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
did he not travel?

No. Looks like he's abroad somewhere though

Online Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
Enrique looks like he's just rolled out of bed......or just rolled a spliff...and smoked it.

Who's that bloke to his left who looks like Igor Biscan? At first I thought someone who done a really bad photoshop with head to body  :o

p.s. to be fair, I think that pic is from a pre-season friendly, so even at the best of times the team would have a few 'fringe' players in it. Would be better to show one of our poorer teams for a proper game around that era....might be slightly better.....but only slightly  ;D

Ryan McLaughlin I think
Yeah, for thinking Kane is better than Torres/Bergkamp. Crazy opinion.

Offline Red_Rich

• Believer
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
I don't get the fuss really as I think he's generally been playing well and has been providing important assists etc

His assist for Mane's 2nd v Bayern was sublime.  Ok, so his deadly finishing has deserted him at the moment but he's getting everything else right and very soon those shots are going to go in without him even thinking. Not sure if it's the 50 goals thing but he's obviously overthinking for a split second at the minute.  Hopefully he does to Spurs what he did last year at Anfield and then can't stop scoring till the end of the season!

Offline Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
I don't get the fuss really as I think he's generally been playing well and has been providing important assists etc

His assist for Mane's 2nd v Bayern was sublime.  Ok, so his deadly finishing has deserted him at the moment but he's getting everything else right and very soon those shots are going to go in without him even thinking. Not sure if it's the 50 goals thing but he's obviously overthinking for a split second at the minute.  Hopefully he does to Spurs what he did last year at Anfield and then can't stop scoring till the end of the season!
the fuss is hasnt been scoring.

to be fair he was unreal vs watford and in other games. i know michael owen isnt everyones cup of tea but he once said he would rather get 10 chances and miss them all than not get any, because he knew he would eventually put the chances away

salah is the same, hopefully hits a run for the rest of the season.

the assist was brilliant. need to see more of that though because there has been games where he could have squared it and didnt and either missed or lost the ball.

Offline Red_Rich

• Believer
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
the fuss is hasnt been scoring.

to be fair he was unreal vs watford and in other games. i know michael owen isnt everyones cup of tea but he once said he would rather get 10 chances and miss them all than not get any, because he knew he would eventually put the chances away

salah is the same, hopefully hits a run for the rest of the season.

the assist was brilliant. need to see more of that though because there has been games where he could have squared it and didnt and either missed or lost the ball.

Yep.

I think we'll see him come to life in the CL.  Porto and possibly Barcelona along with Chelsea and Spurs in the Prem is where his season could be defined (as well as scoring the winner in the CL final!)  ;-)

Offline Hellrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer

Yep.

I think we'll see him come to life in the CL.  Porto and possibly Barcelona along with Chelsea and Spurs in the Prem is where his season could be defined (as well as scoring the winner in the CL final!)  ;-)
lucky mane has stepped up.

be nice if salah did do what you said for obvious reason but even more so after the final last year when he was taken out.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
did he not travel?

The Egyptian FA announced a month or so ago that they were giving him a break.

Offline Hellrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
The Egyptian FA announced a month or so ago that they were giving him a break.
cool. i didnt know that. thanks