Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match  (Read 148876 times)

Offline Marshall

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Great first half but just looked like we didn't want it in the second half. Too much walking, hope fitness had something to do with it.

One thing that has continued from preseason though, is the amount of space we give the other team when they are on the ball. Especially in defence, really need to start putting more pressure on them.

Offline Fadil18

• Anny Roader
first half shows what we can do....let's give all these new player time and they will get their chemistry right.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
No plan B, no fitness.

Flanagan was a liability for a good 30 minutes, completely lost his head after the goal. There was so much wrong with that second half I'd run out of space in the message box before I even got half way through

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
Dissapointed.

Not sure what the team were thinking in the second half.

Everything was so well in the first half, everything. It was pass and move football. Just before half time, the team started to loose it, FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON.

Second half, hardly did anything. Don't understand one bit why the team was soo different to that of the first half, completly different team.

Dissapointing. Not good enough :(

Feel sorry for flanno... suarez did well, the whole team did well in the first half!
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
dowd is a fucking c*nt. honest to fucking god. fuck off you prick. this will happen to us until whisky nose dies. fucking hell.

that second half performence was terrible, i dont know how we went from being very good in the first half to awful in the second. flanagan was honestly terrible, he is young and will get cut alot of slack as he is local, but really naive today. if we get preassured in the middle of the park we need to get people in and around carroll if we have to hit long balls.

totally deflated but a win at arsenal next week and we are back on track.

Offline chuckberry

• Anny Roader
  • The year of the Rabbit - El Pistolero
Far too one dimensional going for a one dimensional Carroll. Please come back Steven Gerrard.
I got the cleanest meanest penis
Ya never seen this stroke of genius

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Shocking second half. Poor Flanno lost his head after that equaliser aswell.

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
glimpses of what we can do, but a very lackluster and tired 2nd half. We missed our chances and we were made to pay.

I think Kelly would have been a better option on the right.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Kenny got it wrong by starting Flanno ahead of Kelly.

That's all.

Bewildering decision.

Carroll is poor. So poor.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
I'm actually pretty encouraged.

We were poor in the second half, but still did enough to win it if a decent ref had been there.  There were only three players who performed really below par: Lucas, Flanagan, and Suarez (second half).  Suarez was undoubtedly not ready fitness-wise, Flanagan won't be playing that much for us, and Lucas just wasn't really up to it today.  I was really encouraged to see Adam and Downing (especially) play very well, and Carroll looked dangerous as well. 

I think we'll do well this season.  Not title-winning well, but top 4 if we fix a few things should be fairly easy.  A lot more optimistic after that game than I was before it.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
Great first half but should've got a second and finished Sunderland off. Really went to bits in the second half, no fluency whatsoever. Shame.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Great start and first half, beyond terrible second half.

We looked really tired I have to say, Downing I was impressed by the most, Flanagan looks very very "green" but he needs support not blasting for his mistake, maybe ease him in slower, why not start Kelly though?

Suarez looks tired to me, I was surprised to see him start after such a demanding Copa America.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
Dowd is a c*nt, I hope his next shits a landmine.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline TheGhost

• Legacy Fan
  • Yup!
Downing on the right dont work every cross he made from the right went to the keeper it seemed a waste.
when someone asks if you're a God, you say Yes!

Offline Cool Hand Lucas

• Main Stander
  • Die-hard Red from across the Atlantic. YNWA!
i feel so incredibly robbed...but 1 point is better than none. anyways  i am feeling optimistic. we saw some moments of sheer brilliance in this game. give it a few more and the lads will begin ticking together harmoniously and the wins will come.
Join the #FreeSuarez avatar campaign! http://i.imgur.com/9K7pw.jpg

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
Typical RAWK. We get a shitty result and the finger pointing goes straight to the referee.

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Should have won, and not because of any missed penalties or disallowed goals. We drew because we bottled it in the second half.

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
And yes, this match will be one to forget for Flanagan yet in fairness, absolutely nothing came off for the team in the 2nd half. The goal was coming.
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline huh123abc

• Anny Roader
Disappointing. Absolutely Fucking Disappointing

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
Fuckin refs. We coulda been 3-0 up by halftime and put it beyond their reach.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
Bottled it. Not one person kept their composure in the 2nd half.  :butt
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
Said in the pre match forum that it'd finish 1-1. To be fair, Sunderland will be a decent side this season. It's certainly disappointing, but it's only the first game of the season and every point counts. Just need to go and beat Arsenal now.

Liked the look of Jose though.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
We didn't do enough really and didn't show up in the second half. I thought we looked really great for the first thirty minutes and then sat back, which was odd given the amount of cards they had in the first half. I thought Dowd was far too card happy and bought every flop Wes Brown did. Carroll's goal should have stood. Suarez shouldn't take penalties for us again; why he was when Adam was on the pitch I don't know. Unfortunately, I can't see young Flanagan starting next week. I thought he had a mare in the second half. A shame Downing's cracking strike never went in. Hopefully, we learn very quickly from these mistakes and take the game more to lesser teams.

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
Disappointing. We looked very tired towards the end there.

I think we saw for the first time today how green Flanagan is, I hope Johnson's back soon.
It is most odd.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
why was Carroll goal disallowed?
because Dowd is incompetent.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
1st half great, 2nd half poor.

Flanno should of been subbed after they scored. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights for about 25 mins after his error. Kenny made a mistake there and Hopefully Kelly starts the next game if Glen is still out.

Another mistake was not having Aqualiani on the bench. He would of been ideal in the last 30 mins, Raul just couldnt get in the game.

Offline Gedis

• Main Stander
  • What's wrong with us?
So so so disapponted with the score and second half.
I clap when Liverpool scores.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Gah

You know what, stow your kneejerking for now. What we saw there was a fair few new faces (Enrique's barely been here 24 hours) who are still learning how to play with each other. On another day that's 3-0 by half time and the games dead and buried. Also, you've got to take your hat off to larson for the equalizer.

So try and remain positive would you? I know it's hard, i know some of you will want to lash out because you predicted us to win 80 nil or whatever in the pre match, but this kind of display was always on the cards. Lucas and Suarez were both clearly not quite there yet. Lucas and Adam need time to gel in the midfield, in fact everyone needs time to gel. There was a lot of pointing at where people though the other people should go.

We'll get there, the signs were promising in the first half. We'll just have to wait and see how we go next week.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
Flanno has a big claim for why we didn't win this. Poor choice from Kenny to start him instead of Kelly.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

This. Disappointed with the result. Yet again we are still dropping points against mid-table teams. Only positive is that it's early in the season.
Bring on Arsenal.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
Shit refs, the one constant of football. We got robbed today.

Also, where was Aquilani?

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
Not a bad result.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Thats us all deflated amid the pre match excitement!

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
If there was any doubt previously, which there probably wasn't, Dowd is not a Premier League standard referee. He needs to be demoted, yet another ridiculously poor performance from him.

Offline NeverWalkAlone96

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Kenny, it must be said, got this completely wrong.. Flanagan had a horrible second half especially after that goal and I just cannot rationalise why he would start him ahead of Kelly.  Henderson as well was very quiet and Kuyt should have started over him.

I won't even get into the Aquilani dilemma... (but he would have changed this game)

Good first half is about all that can be said.  Second resorted to lumping it to Carroll's head and not much else.  Luis unfortunately was clearly lacking energy in the 2nd.

Offline Dr Stop

• Main Stander
In a word, disappointing. A few players looking very tired, though that's to be expected from Lucas and Suarez after their summer. Sunderland surprised me with how they bounced back in the second half - they don't look a bad team.

Once Suarez went off, I couldn't envisage how we were going to score which is a bit of a worry. Hopefully we'll continue to improve with each game as the new players bed in.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
No one but ourselves to blame.  We let that fat head back into the match.  We lacked a lot of steel in that second half after their goal.  Nerves got the better it seemed.  There were some things that didn't really go our way and a few close calls.  We had 30 minutes or so to step up and we didn't.  I'm sure Kenny will have a word with a few...

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
Flanno. He was awful/dire/shite .... insert whatever. Hes young and all that yatta yatta. This was a claim to be a first team starter and he blew it.

As for everyone else, they did decent enough, this is the same old story for Liverpool. Bottled it.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Let's call a spade a spade, that second half was woeful.  It's easy to blame Flanagan for the goal but the whole team's performance level plummeted and an equaliser was starting to look likely. Looked really tired and short of ideas in that half. Lots of work to do but we realistically knew that already. A win vs Arsenal would be 4 points from 2 games and to be honest, I would have taken that.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thought that second half was far worse than anything we saw in the pre-season. Ragged and disjointed, made even more frustrating by the brilliant first half where we were unable to capitalize on some fantastic play.

I also see Dowd's picked up where he left off, displaying his incompetence with some average decisions and firing off yellow cards like he's a pez dispenser. At least he was consistently shite for both sides, the muppet.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
Typical RAWK. We get a shitty result and the finger pointing goes straight to the referee.

yup...

THIS!!

the team was the fault, not the ref
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)