Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match  (Read 149092 times)

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
This is only a bad result if your going to be challenging for the title. I don't think we will be,don't think were good enough to break teams down when we need to. But a long way to go and 4th spot is our priority.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Liverpool 1 v 1 Phil Dowd, The Linesmen and Sunderland

Phil Dowd bottled the Red card
Bottled giving Cattermole two bookings
and bottled giving that dirty orange c*nt Wes Brown a booking

Gave Agger a Yellow for nothing

The Linemen disallowed a perfect Carroll goal
and the other twat gave them Corners when it clearly came off a Sunderland Player

Kenny could have played: Kelly or Carra at Right back if Skrtel was/wasn't injured and player CB

DOWD kept them in the game well and was my man of the match

With all due respect thats absolute Tosh.
We were clearly not good enough to win the game, its that simple.

Its not the end of the world.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
Couldn't be more fucked off right now if I tried. I want to smash the fucking world to bits. Two points dropped already.

Absolute shithouse performance second half, and highlights the need for another very good striker or forward. Completely and utterly out of ideas with just Carroll up there.

And I'm sorry, but Flanagan was rubbish, and starting him over Kelly was a daft choice.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
FFS!  ::)

Henderson looks pathetic. What a terrible waste of money.

Prime example of someone who listened on the radio and not watched the match. Your pathetic. Do one.

Offline lfc_forever

• Boys Pen
  • YNWA..!
Horrible second half. sooo disappointed. 1st half was okay though. but where the heck was downing in the 2nd half? completely disappeared.

wrong ref decisions or not, bad luck or not - we didn't deserve to win it
'because we need each other, we believe in one another.'

Bayern Munich <3 | Liverpool FC <3

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
One of the worst second halves I remember us having in a long time. Had a chance to put it away in the first half but didn't .

I don't know what our intent is when we don't have the ball because we are giving teams all the time they want on the ball. And it wasn't just the second half.

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
well would you explain that Carroll goal not being allowed then? did you saw it? there was no contact at all....

Mate, we didn't deserve to win. The guy you quoted is perfectly right.
Yes Dowd is a shit ref - 2 bad decisions today, but we should of won it regardless of his decisions, which makes it the players faults.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Lots of postives in the first half, should've won the game then really but a poor second half - we really needed to get the ball out to downing quicker and more often. Sunderland knocked the ball around well all game without really threatening much in the first half and our slack passing in the second half gave them the impetous and clearly they finished stronger, seemingly fitter but probably just the lift of the equaliser.

New boys did well, with henderson the only one not to make an impact but did ok. A game/half flanno will want to forget (surprised kenny went with him ahead of kelly to be honest).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:05:06 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
So I see we've got a new scapegoat in Flannagan then have we.

Not at all. The fact of the matter is that he was woefully out of position for their goal, and that completely destroyed him mentally for the rest of the game.

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
Wow its frustrating to watch us to play football when trying to score a goal.

Flannagan the right back had a shocker, and trust me I want him to do well, but he looked very nervous and maybe its a little bit too much for him to play at this level.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
We need to get suarez match-fit, get more comfertable crossing to carroll, and get flanno more comfertable playing first team football (if that is where he is to be playing this season)
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline FowlerLeftFoot

• Kopite
  • There's Only One God
what a left back we have got, nothing gets past him!!!
now we only need a towering leader as center back and we are set!
aquilani should be given a chance as well, he is perfect to turn around a game like this in the 2nd half.
anyway, good job, 1 point in the bag.
---------------------------
SPREAD THE LINK  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

Overseas Reds - use Anfields address  L4 0TH

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
Amazing 1st half which we should have scored about 3, pretty shite second half where we allowed Sunderland too much of the ball, and didn't be creative enough.

Andy carrol, getting a bit worried now to be honest, he did well to win all those headers, worked very hard etc. But his movement and ability to terrorise defences in terms of pace, trickery and spotting a space to run into to, seems abit poor.

Are new left back was class, Suarez was great inthe 1st half, probably tired in the second.

Henderson did very well in the 1st half, Adam in both half's, Lucas is the fuckin don.

The defence I thought in the 1st half was fuckin class, and most in the second half apart from a few amateur mistakes from flanno 
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
The first half was very encouraging, but I don't think I have ever seen a team look so knackered as LFC in the second half.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
Will everyone please calm down? FFS ;D
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

Ī*ĻĻ*Ī.ļļ...ļ.Ī*ĻĻ*Ī.
\ļ.Ī LIVERPOOLĪ*Ļ*Ī.
.\ļ.Ī*ĻĻ*Ī.ļļ.ļ.Ī*ĻĻ*Ī.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
Get the cunting fuck off Flano's back. it's fucking pathetic. It's the same kneejerking twatishness that's gotten insua a bad rep because some of you can't fucking fathom that the young lads will have good games and they'll have bad games.

Or are they not allowed to cocking learn their trade these days, they have to be world class or they're shite by the age of 17

Fuck off some of you for fucks sake.

It would be one thing if Flanagan had to start, as was the case at times last season, but the fact that he played so poorly while Kelly was on the bench makes little sense.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
Nowt better than starting the season with a decent dose of reality
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan

Not really. He fucked up with ball watching and let Larsson free. It was a mistake and he seemed to lose it in the 2nd half. Everyone has them days and it's part of learning your trade. Move on and hope he learns from it.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
Enrique, Downing and Adam impressed me.

Suarez, Carroll, and to a point Lucas and Henderson disappointed me.

What happened at half time?!

Offline Fadil18

• Anny Roader
we missed Aquiliani in 2nd half to give us creativity to be honest

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
can you peepz not blame the ref, it just makes this more worse. If you can't start on the team, then how will everyone realise what the problem is.

It was all fitness, and just, composure, no consistency at all,

first half was like a dream come true, but right before half time, it just, just changed for some reason, it's as if Liverpool wanted sunderland to play.

If no one can see that then the fans and the team can't move on any further. Up to you, either blame the ref (which had his faults) but if that's the only thing the fans are going to blame, then some pple here are deluded.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Fuson

• Main Stander
  • "To last you need to be real."
LOL at all the idiots blaming Flanno. Really?

Take notice at our midfield pairing in the second half. Who stopped pressing? Who couldn't make any tackles? They basically said, here you go young boy, we're going to stop playing, good luck on your own.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
yup...

THIS!!

the team was the fault, not the ref

You must be having a laugh. Yes, we can play better, but Dowd made some inexplicable decisions and deserves criticism.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) 13 Aug 11, BST 15:00 Kick-Off
« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2011, 05:03:12 pm »
Not happy with the digs at Flanno. He was in the team on merit like it or not. Granted to had a shit second half and was at fault for the goal. Be fair though, name me a player that could come away with any credit in that second half.

Should have burried them in the first half. It's as simple as that.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
We had fuck all energy in the second half. Need to work on our fitness.

This is what it was down to.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
scintillating in the first half, pretty boring in the second.  we didn't do well to bury it in the first half, but we did well to not concede anymore because sunderland certainly had some chances.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.

I don't think he can be scapegoated but he was poor today Pheeny. He was at fault for the equaliser because of his positioning.

After that, his confidence was shoot and he just got progressively worse as the game went on.

Hope it doesn't have any long term confidence issue for the lad because he looked bright in the first half
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Enrique was great considering he's been here for 2 days. Superb performance

Was just about to post this, he looked very solid.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
2) Henderson over Kuyt. I'm not going to debate how good Henderson is. However, Kuyt is our proven and consistent goal threat and would have given a lot of cover and solidity for anyone behind him.

Agreed. He would have also scored the penalty like he always does.

I can understand why he wanted to debut Henderson to the Anfield crowd though.

Surprised at how bad Flanno was. Marking for their goal was pathetic.

We will make amends next weekend against the goons.

Yeah, Flanno isn't ready for a first team start methinks. Have him as a sub but Kelly should be getting the nod.

FFS!  ::)

Henderson looks pathetic. What a terrible waste of money.

I'm willing to give him a chance, it's only the first game. I hope he starts settling in and quickly though.

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Flanno was poor from 5 mins before the goal he was losing possession all over the place...

As soon as Suarez came off, I got the feeling we'd lost this. Thats why I have firmly believed throughout this window, with Gerrard's injury players, we should have put more effort into buying a top quality player to open up defences (Downing isn't this).

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still not sure Carroll is the right sort of outlet for the football we're trying to play.  Hopefully it'll start to work. 

Bit gutted really, the quality we've brought in is supposed to help turn these sort of draws into wins.  Still, very early days and we had a good first half, but despite Adam, Downing, Henderson etc we didn't seem any more equipped to break sides down than we did last year.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
disappointing, i thought it was 2009 again in the 2nd half when every pass was misplaced and all understanding between the players collapsed completely.  and much as i rate flanagan, he was a 1/10 performance in that second half.

many positives to be taken from the first half, as well as many frustrating decisions/what-ifs.  but to be honest we were very lucky to escape with a point in the end.

hopefully that's the nadir of our season already and the only way is up...
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
RAWK MELTDOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
Disappointing way to start the season but too late to do anything for it now.

Onwards and upwards lads. There's still 37 games to play.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
Bottled it. Not one person kept their composure in the 2nd half.  :butt

I'm not sure we bottled it, but your comment about composure and the lack of discipline in the second half meant that I had to quote you! We had effectively seven new faces in that starting line up. We should have won at a canter really, but the pieces are in place to ensure we don't throw games like that away through the season.

And Dowd made two big early decisions, and he got both of them wrong.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
First day our first game of the 11/12 season. Great first half, cohesive, inventive and threatening. 2nd half not so much. Lost our rhythm and focus and played poorly. Early days but a win would've been better. Now watch all the kneejerkers say how doomed we are. Its a 9 month marathon, not a sprint! In saying that a new CB and striker would help us. MOTM - Enrique/Adam. Roll on Arse....nal.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline RMKirk77

• Main Stander
  • YNWA. Kendal Red.
Aquilani anyone?

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
On another day we win, think we will need to be patient with Carroll, unstoppable in the air but heading accuracy should improve. Enrique played well considering how long hes been here for and was also impressed with Adam and Downing in the first half.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Dowd got most decisions right including the penalty incident, if anything Carra was lucky to stay on the pitch.
We were the architects of our own downfall today.

I don't understand this. If he got the penalty decision right it must have been a foul, yes? Richardson was, apart from the goalkeeper, the last man, yes?

He awarded a penalty and gave the man a yellow card. It was (would have been) a goalscoring opportunity, so therefore it should be a red.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
This is only a bad result if your going to be challenging for the title. I don't think we will be,don't think were good enough to break teams down when we need to. But a long way to go and 4th spot is our priority.

Every point counts, and we'll look back on this with disdain if we miss out on our aims by 2 points