Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1422448 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #12120 on: April 21, 2019, 09:04:50 pm »
Don't write them off?  Did you see how inept they were today?  They had ONE shot on goal in a 4-0 defeat to Evertonil!  And you expect they'll somehow raise something they haven't got to outgun Manchester City?  Don't saddle yourself with an impossible dream. 

Not sure if serious ??!!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #12121 on: April 21, 2019, 09:09:23 pm »
Did us a favor. So did Palace. After a 4-0 drubbing, United need to show a reaction and put in a top performance in their next game. And Arsenal losing would give them extra motivation that they can still qualify for the CL. Had United won today, they could have afforded to lose on Wednesday, now there is no room for error.

Exactly how I feel about it.
I'm glad they lost, and Arsenal as well.
United are still in with a chance for top 4, but they'll have to win their games. If they had beaten Everton, I can imagine Ole rotating and being left of the hook if they lost.
Now they have to win, otherwise they'll drop out of the race for the top 4 AND Ole is going to look like a massive fraud AND the players face a hefty slice off on their salaries+ clearly it would be the players that were the issue rather than Mourinho.

They wouldn't want to be the squad and manager that lose 4 successive league games. They've got to fight for some pride, whatever is left. And after a 0-4 drubbing, I think they'll be extra motivated not to be made to look like fools in front of their supporters.

At least, I'm really hoping so!
The United fixture was the one I truly felt they'd drop points. That and at Burnley.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12122 on: April 21, 2019, 09:09:58 pm »
Don't write them off?  Did you see how inept they were today?  They had ONE shot on goal in a 4-0 defeat to Evertonil!  And you expect they'll somehow raise something they haven't got to outgun Manchester City?  Don't saddle yourself with an impossible dream.

It's unlikely, but not impossible.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12123 on: April 21, 2019, 09:15:34 pm »
They're 99.9% safe. It's between Cardiff and Brighton.

They could lose all three games and go down. You'd want to secure safety as soon as possible.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12124 on: April 21, 2019, 09:16:39 pm »
City will definitely drop points soon.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12125 on: April 21, 2019, 09:18:28 pm »
Think of it as a penalty shootout. We have scored two, they have scored one. They are up next. It should be a simple task each time, but there is pressure attached and it will only get more and more intense the longer it continues. And just because someone misses doesn't mean it's over.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12126 on: April 21, 2019, 09:24:53 pm »
Let's not write off Burnley just yet. They have Sean Dyche at the wheel, and we all know the only title he's interested in is the Best Highest placed English Manager in the Premier League award, and by default the best English manager in the world. He didn't vote yes to brexit just to see the premier league overrun by johnny foreigner managers. If his name was Sean Dycheinho...

Someone needs to tell him if he wins his next two games, he's well on his way to winning the title.

I can see it now, Sean Dyche...GBE.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #12127 on: April 21, 2019, 09:27:39 pm »
It's classic Everton to smack a team 4-0 that we need motivated for the next game they play
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12128 on: April 21, 2019, 09:28:32 pm »
They could lose all three games and go down. You'd want to secure safety as soon as possible.

Cardiff aren't winning all three left. Let's just hope Burnley put in a shift because they'll have nothing to play for when they face City.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12129 on: April 21, 2019, 09:35:39 pm »

Impossible dream that a Manc derby at Old Trafford could be a draw ? I can't for the life of me work out how people think that's so impossible
Yes I seen them today, and lately, and they are shite like. But tell me this, we're streets ahead of Everton, and they were pathetic before they played us, but didn't they get a draw ?  is that not the same thing ?

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #12130 on: April 21, 2019, 09:38:08 pm »

I can see it going something like their Barca 1st leg but getting an equaliser near the end.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #12131 on: April 21, 2019, 09:38:22 pm »
Can’t help but look at the table and think what a season this has been. I also look at it and think imagine losing 1 game all season and not winning the league.

It’s bound to wreck your head as a player, not just us but other teams , thinking what more can you realistically do and still not win the league against this shower of shite

Was 2008-09 when we lost only 2 games all season compared to United’s 4 and we still finished runners up because we drew too many games that season.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #12132 on: April 21, 2019, 09:40:03 pm »

They don’t have to outgun City. They just have to keep a clean sheet, that’s literally all we need.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12133 on: April 21, 2019, 09:40:13 pm »
It is going to be typical Klopp that the title will end up won or lost in injury time in the last game of the season.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12134 on: April 21, 2019, 09:42:24 pm »
I see Klopp in his Sky interview afterwards something along the lines "we can't rely on Man Utd to take points [off them]".

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12135 on: April 21, 2019, 09:42:46 pm »
It is going to be typical Klopp Liverpool that the title will end up won after being 2-0 down or lost in injury time in the last game of the season.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12136 on: April 21, 2019, 09:45:09 pm »
I see Klopp in his Sky interview afterwards something along the lines "we can't rely on Man Utd to take points [off them]".

I think Klopp is focused on winning the final three games. Whatever happens after that, happens. City win their final 4 games you just have to hold your hands up and say we couldn't match that level of consistency (14 league wins in a row).

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12137 on: April 21, 2019, 09:48:24 pm »
All we need is a draw in either the Manc derby, Burnley, Leicester or Brighton games and if we win our games we win the league by one point.

Simple

I have a feeling that Burnley will get a point against a City.

Offline andrewd3

• Main Stander
  • The reds are coming up the hill boy
« Reply #12138 on: April 21, 2019, 09:50:07 pm »
Remember bunking off school in 1976 to go to see Liverpool play Wolves in the last game of the season. We won 3-1 and the title....
they all laugh at us they all mock at us they all say our days are numbered

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #12139 on: April 21, 2019, 09:51:41 pm »
I have a feeling that Burnley will get a point against a City.
lets hope its man city then
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12140 on: April 21, 2019, 09:55:35 pm »
They're going to get their swagger back and turn that corner, just you wait

Swaggoh
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #12141 on: April 21, 2019, 10:01:26 pm »
Remember bunking off school in 1976 to go to see Liverpool play Wolves in the last game of the season. We won 3-1 and the title....

Had to listen on the radio, made my first banner after that and paraded it around school the day after. I've got the match programme somewhere.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
« Reply #12142 on: April 21, 2019, 10:01:35 pm »
Let's not write off Burnley just yet. They have Sean Dyche at the wheel, and we all know the only title he's interested in is the Best Highest placed English Manager in the Premier League award, and by default the best English manager in the world.

Lets just hope for 90 minutes of pure Dyche shithousery. Leaving a "little bit extra" in their challenges, winding up the more volatile City players, launching the ball into City's 18 yard box eve from free kicks in their own half.
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #12143 on: April 21, 2019, 10:09:04 pm »
Lets just hope for 90 minutes of pure Dyche shithousery. Leaving a "little bit extra" in their challenges, winding up the more volatile City players, launching the ball into City's 18 yard box eve from free kicks in their own half.

Three penalties for “fouls” on Ashley Barnes would be nice.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12144 on: April 21, 2019, 10:13:10 pm »
It's classic Everton to smack a team 4-0 that we need motivated for the next game they play

Please let Utd pick something up because they will never hear the end of it. We will make sure to drum it in about how they galvanised Utd for that game.

Some of the mad fuckers will be cursing themselves about it too.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12145 on: April 21, 2019, 10:13:54 pm »
All I ask is that Man Utd, Burnley, Leicester and Brighton scrap like Cardiff, Fulham and Southampton did against us and then get a lucky bounce or deflection.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12146 on: April 21, 2019, 10:17:19 pm »
Was 2008-09 when we lost only 2 games all season compared to United’s 4 and we still finished runners up because we drew too many games that season.

Think Torres only started 15 games. That fucking killed us.

Offline andrewd3

• Main Stander
  • The reds are coming up the hill boy
« Reply #12147 on: April 21, 2019, 10:23:56 pm »
Had to listen on the radio, made my first banner after that and paraded it around school the day after. I've got the match programme somewhere.

The match programme really played the game up. It's quite a classic. They needed to win to stay in the top flight. We needed to win to be champions. 1 nil down and then 3-1 up! There was a bit of a post match pitch invasion ( acceptable in those days ) and we climbed up through the stands to where the trophy was presented! On a serious note there was a pre match crush that led to fans being swept through locked gates that buckled under the weight. Could have been a lot worse...
they all laugh at us they all mock at us they all say our days are numbered

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #12148 on: April 21, 2019, 10:29:20 pm »
Is this going to be the sort of game that sees de gea on world class form, or the kind that sees him like he does for his country. If the former then let's hope he's playing for his champions League money. If the latter, we're fucked.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12149 on: April 21, 2019, 10:29:59 pm »

Yeah. Remember the game against Stoke early on at Anfield when we scored a perfectly good header and it got disallowed and drew 0-0. That and the 2-2 home draw with Hull when we were 2-0 down at half time. Win both of them and it was ours

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12150 on: April 21, 2019, 10:31:01 pm »
Think Torres only started 15 games. That fucking killed us.

Was certainly not many. I'm pretty sure that it was only 14 games that both Gerrard and Torres started.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #12151 on: April 21, 2019, 10:31:15 pm »
3 away games will not be easy. If city lose it would probably be in those games. If they win 14 on the trot then they deserve the title. It is craziness of this year that 2 teams are steam rolling everyone out of the way. I expected that as a result of competition both will win more than expected but not dropping any points for so many games is crazy.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline josh101

• Main Stander
« Reply #12152 on: April 21, 2019, 10:33:30 pm »
???

People keep saying shit like this then go onto to say how Leicester or Burnley are more likely to take points from them?

The Leicester that conceded 4 to Bournemouth, Wolves, Palace??
The Burnley that had 5 put past them by Everton??

The United game is the most realistic chance we have of City dropping points. It's a fact.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12153 on: April 21, 2019, 10:36:48 pm »
Yeah. Remember the game against Stoke early on at Anfield when we scored a perfectly good header and it got disallowed and drew 0-0. That and the 2-2 home draw with Hull when we were 2-0 down at half time. Win both of them and it was ours

Or fulham, or west ham, at home. We dropped too many points at home.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12154 on: April 21, 2019, 10:41:34 pm »
Or fulham, or west ham, at home. We dropped too many points at home.

Yup. Will be the same this year. Losing out to too many draws.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12155 on: April 21, 2019, 10:42:27 pm »
Is this going to be the sort of game that sees de gea on world class form, or the kind that sees him like he does for his country. If the former then let's hope he's playing for his champions League money. If the latter, we're fucked.
If his last two games are anything to go by it’ll be the latter.

I know it’s a derby and they need the points but they have been bad recently, really bad. Hopefully today was so bad there has to be a reaction, whether that’s good enough to get anything or just to put up a more plucky performance and lose 1-0 is my worry. Wouldn’t mean it’s over though so not pining my hopes solely on Wednesdays game, three more after that.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12156 on: April 21, 2019, 10:45:11 pm »
I don’t think it’s the same, It’ll be what half the amount of draws and an insane amount of points. Don’t think there’s any need to look at anything if we don’t quite do it this year. Should just be proud of an incredible season, whatever happens.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12157 on: April 21, 2019, 10:46:18 pm »
???

People keep saying shit like this then go onto to say how Leicester or Burnley are more likely to take points from them?

The United game is the most realistic chance we have of City dropping points. It's a fact.
Not on today's evidence. They're a shambles. I couldn't imagine Leicester getting beat 4-0 by Everton like that, in that manner.

Maybe we'll see a response from them on Wednesday, but they just look like a team devoid of confidence or purpose.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12158 on: April 21, 2019, 10:54:31 pm »

That team got 86 points. This team has surpassed them already with 3 games to play.

Its not too many draws. Its a record points total. We cant do any more.

There is nothing to criticise this team about.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12159 on: April 21, 2019, 10:56:47 pm »
???

Yes I dont get that. Leicester having nothing to play for and will play away to a fully rested City. Burnley are shite.

Leicester still are a threat but I dont get at all the confidence in Burnley. Its the end of April, its not going to be horrible conditions either.