Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1429887 times)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #12080 on: April 21, 2019, 06:58:38 pm »
WE'RE STILL FIGHTING FOR THIS TITLE AND HE STILL GOTTA GO TO OLD TRAFFORD AND GET SOMETHING...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12081 on: April 21, 2019, 07:00:14 pm »
It amazes me that there's people harbouring hope Manchester United can get anything out of their game against one of the two best teams in England's top league after their embarrassment against Evertonil today!  You're setting yourself up for disappointment.  We'll have to look further than this to one of our former managers for our best hope now, I'm afraid.

What was the final score on Wednesday? Since you already know the outcome, you may aswell share the score with the rest of us so we can make some money out of it
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12082 on: April 21, 2019, 07:01:47 pm »
It amazes me that there's people harbouring hope Manchester United can get anything out of their game against one of the two best teams in England's top league after their embarrassment against Evertonil today!  You're setting yourself up for disappointment.  We'll have to look further than this to one of our former managers for our best hope now, I'm afraid. 

We can't look further though, theres literally 4 games left, if they were facing Huddersfield at the Etihad Wednesday then I'd be watching and hoping for a miracle too.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12083 on: April 21, 2019, 07:07:28 pm »
I normally don't watch City games but I will watch the Wednesday game because I think that game will go a long way to deciding where the title goes.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12084 on: April 21, 2019, 07:08:40 pm »
Ach, I'm a major pessimist and I hate it.

The scenario I've been running with is that the title won't even come down to the last day. City will win the rest of their matches and we'll lose to Newcastle on the 4th May giving City a 4 point gap heading into the last set of fixtures.

Prove me wrong, Liverpool. Prove me wrong one of Utd, Burnley, Brighton, Leicester.

No chance we lose any games from here - a draw is possible but more to Wolves than to Newcastle now they're completely safe.

I think we'll get 9 points from here.

I think City are guaranteed 6 points, my head says they'll beat Leicester but it will be tough. If United turn up and the atmosphere is with them they can get a draw on Wednesday.

Let's just see.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12085 on: April 21, 2019, 07:09:01 pm »
Manu lulling City into a false sense of security and are ready to pounce. ;)

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #12086 on: April 21, 2019, 07:11:16 pm »
Can you PM me the winning lottery number please?!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12087 on: April 21, 2019, 07:16:53 pm »
Ach, I'm a major pessimist and I hate it.

The scenario I've been running with is that the title won't even come down to the last day. City will win the rest of their matches and we'll lose to Newcastle on the 4th May giving City a 4 point gap heading into the last set of fixtures.

Prove me wrong, Liverpool. Prove me wrong one of Utd, Burnley, Brighton, Leicester.

No chance we lose another game this season. 9 points for me from our last 3 games.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12088 on: April 21, 2019, 07:18:00 pm »
Manu lulling City into a false sense of security and are ready to pounce. ;)

United, the revenge seeking beast?

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12089 on: April 21, 2019, 07:21:53 pm »
Call me crazy but I still hold out hope that Man United can get something. Derby anything can happen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12090 on: April 21, 2019, 07:22:29 pm »
United, the revenge seeking beast?

Fuck

What have you done Everton!!!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12091 on: April 21, 2019, 07:23:00 pm »
Call me crazy but I still hold out hope that Man United can get something. Derby anything can happen.

They could, it is certainly a possibility even if the more pessimistic among us don't think so.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12092 on: April 21, 2019, 07:24:27 pm »
They're going to get their swagger back and turn that corner, just you wait
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #12093 on: April 21, 2019, 07:24:29 pm »
Did United players just mistaken Everton as City?
Let's hope they mistake city for everton on Wednsesday ;)
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12094 on: April 21, 2019, 07:27:15 pm »
Fuck

They've awoken the sleeping giant. A 4-0 drubbing was just what United needed. Complacency kicked in and this is just the tonic. Everton have history with this.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #12095 on: April 21, 2019, 07:32:19 pm »
Fuck

Did us a favor. So did Palace. After a 4-0 drubbing, United need to show a reaction and put in a top performance in their next game. And Arsenal losing would give them extra motivation that they can still qualify for the CL. Had United won today, they could have afforded to lose on Wednesday, now there is no room for error.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #12096 on: April 21, 2019, 07:34:06 pm »
Can't help but feel it's ours.
With the shite twating the mancs and them being wounded and out for revenge. Reckon they need to put out a performance. Also the fixtures go in our favour now. Really think it's our time lads. I'm believing.
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12097 on: April 21, 2019, 07:36:09 pm »
They've awoken the sleeping giant. A 4-0 drubbing was just what United needed. Complacency kicked in and this is just the tonic. Everton have history with this.

So i'll say one last time, thank you Liverpool FC Everton for now ridding us of that one thing that was holding us back.. complacency! You have unleashed the Everton Man United revenge seeking beast! And we will get it! We will finish ahead you and we will one day in the not so distant future win that one trophy you just wish you could your hands on. Give us a few years with this manager and this core group of players and we will win the premiership before you. Oh yes, revenge will be sweet! And you only have yourselves to blame!

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #12098 on: April 21, 2019, 07:37:28 pm »
Did us a favor. So did Palace. After a 4-0 drubbing, United need to show a reaction and put in a top performance in their next game. And Arsenal losing would give them extra motivation that they can still qualify for the CL. Had United won today, they could have afforded to lose on Wednesday, now there is no room for error.
Yup.

Spurs will be kicking themselves too - even a point would have pulled them a bit further from the rest - now they're right in the mix  - 4 teams, 2 places.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #12099 on: April 21, 2019, 07:39:57 pm »
They could, it is certainly a possibility even if the more pessimistic among us don't think so.
All we need is a draw in either the Manc derby, Burnley, Leicester or Brighton games and if we win our games we win the league by one point.

Simple

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12100 on: April 21, 2019, 07:54:28 pm »
First time I really allowed the jangles of nerves to get to me during our game today at 1-0. When Milner banged in the pen, I flew off the handle with a "FUCK YOU, CARDIFF! AND FUCK YOU TOO NEVILLE!" Seriously, both their support and Neville's unabashed and blatant loathing of us creeping through his commentary were pissing me off. Soft pen, was it, Gary, ya c*nt? It's football, not Strictly Come Dancing! You can't hold a player with two arms from behind in the box. What amazes me is that this c*nt was a professional football player and played as a RB, and he thinks that wasn't a pen? Twat!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12101 on: April 21, 2019, 08:00:36 pm »
All we need is a draw in either the Manc derby, Burnley, Leicester or Brighton games and if we win our games we win the league by one point.

Simple

I think we’ll win all three of our remaining games.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #12102 on: April 21, 2019, 08:02:47 pm »
Imagine City lose points on Wednesday, the whole atmosphere at Anfield will be fucking monstrous on Friday till the very end. I think that will give us a huge push, but it's a big if.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #12103 on: April 21, 2019, 08:03:56 pm »
Imagine City lose points on Wednesday, the whole atmosphere at Anfield will be fucking monstrous on Friday till the very end. I think that will give us a huge push, but it's a big if.

United surely have to react.

Hopefully the press go after the players this week.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12104 on: April 21, 2019, 08:08:32 pm »
Nailed on penalty. Fuck off Neville and Warnock.

Beautiful stuff. Another 3 points, 88 now. These boys are special.

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
« Reply #12105 on: April 21, 2019, 08:10:50 pm »
United surely have to react.

Hopefully the press go after the players this week.

That's only a factor to players that have pride. Look at fecking Martial. Talented as can be, and hides whenever the going gets tough. Matic doesn't want to be there. And Pogba? To paraphrase Owen Hargreaves, "If anything, he's too good to get motivated by warranted criticism."
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12106 on: April 21, 2019, 08:13:51 pm »

I think the atmosphere on Friday will be great anyway.

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #12107 on: April 21, 2019, 08:14:50 pm »
I had Déjà vu when I saw Digne about to take the throw-in for Everton's first goal. I had seen it happen and knew they were going to score. Only the throw in part was a vivid 'memory', but I knew it lead to a goal, to the point where, had it happened without that, I would have let out a "Yes!" or what have you, given the circumstances, but instead I actually said, out loud to myself, "Here is where they score", and I didn't celebrate the goal going in in any way. A truly surreal moment.

My only other feeling about this run-in has been that we end on 95 points. Hopefully I'm wrong on that one.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12108 on: April 21, 2019, 08:17:13 pm »
It's mad how United fans don't seem to be bothered about that Aguero last minute winner for the title now. If that happened to us and Everton won it in the last minute (this is in a galaxy far far away) imagine ever even entertaining the idea of losing at home to them to stop United winning the title when we had CL to fight for.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12109 on: April 21, 2019, 08:17:50 pm »
Look, if man utd go on and win their last 4 games and qualify for the champions league, you just have to hold your hands up and say they deserve it. You couldn’t begrudge it to them.
They’d be able to attract a far better quality of player, worrying for us. Rumour has it that we’re both going for exactly the same players this summer.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #12110 on: April 21, 2019, 08:28:55 pm »
Look, if man utd go on and win their last 4 games and qualify for the champions league, you just have to hold your hands up and say they deserve it. You couldn’t begrudge it to them.
They’d be able to attract a far better quality of player, worrying for us. Rumour has it that we’re both going for exactly the same players this summer.

I see what you did there.
YWNA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12111 on: April 21, 2019, 08:49:25 pm »

They're the biggest club in the world. After all they've been through since Ferguson left, the really do deserve to win their last 4 games.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12112 on: April 21, 2019, 08:52:40 pm »
Can’t help but look at the table and think what a season this has been. I also look at it and think imagine losing 1 game all season and not winning the league.

It’s bound to wreck your head as a player, not just us but other teams , thinking what more can you realistically do and still not win the league against this shower of shite

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #12113 on: April 21, 2019, 08:53:18 pm »
Can you PM me the winning lottery number please?!

No, but Manchester City will beat Manchester United this coming Wednesday as sure as Manchester City will beat Manchester United this coming Wednesday.  It'll be like throwing your 14 year-old spaniel into a dog fight against a 4 year-old pit bull and hoping it'll get lucky and catch its bollocks while pleading for mercy. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12114 on: April 21, 2019, 08:54:16 pm »
Can’t help but look at the table and think what a season this has been. I also look at it and think imagine losing 1 game all season and not winning the league.

It’s bound to wreck your head as a player, not just us but other teams , thinking what more can you realistically do and still not win the league against this shower of shite

It's crazy that we could finish 2nd having lost just one game and Spurs probably 3rd having lost eleven.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #12115 on: April 21, 2019, 08:57:43 pm »

Simpl
doddle isn't it

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12116 on: April 21, 2019, 08:58:10 pm »
Need a Chelsea win tomorrow. This will mean Burnley won't be safe when they play City.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12117 on: April 21, 2019, 08:58:22 pm »
No, but Manchester City will beat Manchester United this coming Wednesday as sure as Manchester City will beat Manchester United this coming Wednesday.  It'll be like throwing your 14 year-old spaniel into a dog fight against a 4 year-old pit bull and hoping it'll get lucky and catch its bollocks while pleading for mercy.

United might as well not show up then?

They've got a good record at home this season, don't write them off before a ball has been kicked.

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #12118 on: April 21, 2019, 09:00:28 pm »
United might as well not show up then?

They've got a good record at home this season, don't write them off before a ball has been kicked.

Don't write them off?  Did you see how inept they were today?  They had ONE shot on goal in a 4-0 defeat to Evertonil!  And you expect they'll somehow raise something they haven't got to outgun Manchester City?  Don't saddle yourself with an impossible dream. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12119 on: April 21, 2019, 09:00:30 pm »
Need a Chelsea win tomorrow. This will mean Burnley won't be safe when they play City.

They're 99.9% safe. It's between Cardiff and Brighton.