Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 11th - 15th May  (Read 26527 times)

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League Fixtures 11th - 15th May
« Reply #680 on: May 13, 2024, 08:18:25 am »

Spurs recent success against City has been achieved by parking the bus and countering in numbers. Under Ange they try to play out and push forward (“it’s who we are, mate”) which is suicide against City. Also Spurs fans won’t have their heart in it.

It’s a more dangerous game than their last game but City are playing jeopardy free boring football now. Arsenal have been outstanding this season but they’re about to learn what it’s like to be cheated with rival fans accusing them of bottling it despite winning 17 of 19 in the second half.

Despite all that I’d rather City won as I think the punishment City will get will be lessened if they don’t win this year. A fourth title in a row will require real action to be taken.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: May 13, 2024, 08:43:24 am »
Despite all that I’d rather City won as I think the punishment City will get will be lessened if they don’t win this year. A fourth title in a row will require real action to be taken.

Won't make any difference.
Their punishment will have nothing, and I really mean nothing, to do with football.
It will be measured and delivered to ward off the pressure for strong government regulators while making least impact to the PL brand.
Competitiveness on the pitch, them dominating the league - will have preciselly zero impact on the verdict if they are found guilty.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #682 on: May 13, 2024, 08:46:56 am »
Spurs recent success against City has been achieved by parking the bus and countering in numbers. Under Ange they try to play out and push forward (“it’s who we are, mate”) which is suicide against City. Also Spurs fans won’t have their heart in it.

It’s a more dangerous game than their last game but City are playing jeopardy free boring football now. Arsenal have been outstanding this season but they’re about to learn what it’s like to be cheated with rival fans accusing them of bottling it despite winning 17 of 19 in the second half.

That’s exactly why watching City is such a drag.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #683 on: May 13, 2024, 08:51:03 am »
i think city will get a 10 point deduction he it is all said  & done & a huge fine
they wont get titles taken but they will always been tainted

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: May 13, 2024, 09:02:31 am »
i think city will get a 10 point deduction he it is all said  & done & a huge fine

Itll good if they get it this week!!

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #685 on: May 13, 2024, 09:06:49 am »
City win against Tottenham and the title race is all but done.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #686 on: May 13, 2024, 09:08:31 am »
City win against Tottenham and the title race is all but done.
Spurs win against City and the title race is all but done
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: May 13, 2024, 09:13:20 am »
Come on you Spurs !

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: May 13, 2024, 09:25:35 am »
You mean come on you Liverpool and give Spurs something to meekly fight for? 😁

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: May 13, 2024, 09:35:05 am »
You mean come on you Liverpool and give Spurs something to meekly fight for? 😁

100% . Must win game tonight

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: May 13, 2024, 09:43:25 am »
100% . Must win game tonight

For Villa it is, yes. Liverpool have secured 3rd with nothing else to play for.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: May 13, 2024, 09:43:32 am »

Based on?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: May 13, 2024, 09:45:02 am »
For Villa it is, yes. Liverpool have secured 3rd with nothing else to play for.

Do it for Klopp

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: May 13, 2024, 10:14:15 am »
Won't make any difference.
Their punishment will have nothing, and I really mean nothing, to do with football.
It will be measured and delivered to ward off the pressure for strong government regulators while making least impact to the PL brand.
Competitiveness on the pitch, them dominating the league - will have preciselly zero impact on the verdict if they are found guilty.

You're probably right but optics do come into it. With Everton getting 8 pts for small accidental overspends, there really isn't an amount of points that would do justice to industrial scale, deliberate subversion of the FFP rules. I have little faith that they will be stripped but we can hope.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: May 13, 2024, 07:06:39 pm »
I meant we should have won it in those seasons but were cheated out of them by City, whereas I accept this season we've not been good enough. I don't like watching them and some of their antics but Arsenal this season would be deserving winners and could count themselves unfortunate if they do fall just short to the cheats.

Arsenal have only dropped 5 points since new years eve and were top at Christmas, yet it's still out their hands. Obviously top now but comes down to City's game in hand.

Except this bit in bold isn't really the case is it?  Between 81/82 season and Abu Dhabi 115ers getting taken over 84 points (if we win the next two) would have been enough to win the title 12 or 13 times (would have been joint top on points 92/93 season).

Arsenal absolutely deserve to win it this season and their 89 points would have been enough to win the title in 17 seasons over the same period.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: May 13, 2024, 07:07:21 pm »
Come on redmen !

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: May 13, 2024, 07:17:26 pm »
Yer filthy animal.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #698 on: May 13, 2024, 07:30:34 pm »
Come on redmen !

Honestly think tonight’s result will have no bearing on tomorrow’s game. I don’t think CL qualification is enough incentive for Spurs!

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #699 on: May 14, 2024, 06:22:47 pm »
If you ever feel shit about us just remember there are teams out their like Everton and Spurs who’s highlight of the season revolves around their rivals failing or sneaking a win off them

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #700 on: May 14, 2024, 06:32:11 pm »
Except this bit in bold isn't really the case is it?  Between 81/82 season and Abu Dhabi 115ers getting taken over 84 points (if we win the next two) would have been enough to win the title 12 or 13 times (would have been joint top on points 92/93 season).

Yes, but it's different eras. Manchester United in 2017/18 had points totals that would have won plenty of Premier League titles, many of them over their own title winning sides in the 90s, but they were nowhere near good enough to be a title winning team. Even Ole had a points total well in the 70s one year and finished 2nd, and they were fucking awful all season.

Once Mourinho/Abramavich came in then the points totals at the top went through the roof because it increased the gap between the top and the rest. Then further with Abu Dhabi and then Pep. The league was far more open generally in the 80s and 90s.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Redknight60

• Anny Roader
« Reply #701 on: May 14, 2024, 06:35:39 pm »
Once Mourinho/Abramavich came in then the points totals at the top went through the roof because it increased the gap between the top and the rest. Then further with Abu Dhabi and then Pep. The league was far more open generally in the 80s and 90s.

It was the champions league more than owners that widened the gap between the top and the rest.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #702 on: May 14, 2024, 07:01:02 pm »
8pm kick off...

Spurs XI: Vicario, Romero, Porro, van de Ven, Dragusin, Højbjerg, Sarr, Bentancur, Son, Maddison, Johnson.
Subs: Hall, Skipp, Kulusevski, Scarlett, Gil, Austin, Emerson Royal, Moore, Lo Celso.

115+ Cheats XI: Ederson, Walker, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Rodri, Kovacic, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Haaland, Foden.
Subs: Ortega Moreno, Stones, Ake, Grealish, Doku, Alvarez, Nunes, Bobb, Lewis.

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Simon Bennett and Dan Robathan. 4th Official: Graham Scott. VAR: Michael Salisbury.

^ https://streambtw.com/iframe/ch1.php & https://vipleague.im/football/tottenham-hotspur-vs-manchester-city-streaming-link-1 & https://s2watch.link/8 & https://s2watch.link/22
& https://reddit10.sportshub.stream/event/t%D0%BEtt%D0%B5nh%D0%B0m_m%D0%B0n%D1%81h%D0%B5st%D0%B5r_%D1%81%D1%96ty_200625824 (multiple links)

more stream links are on the 1st page of this thread, or 60+ stream sites listed in here: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0

TV channels showing the match live around the world (+ great for IPTV etc) - www.livesoccertv.com/match/4937001/tottenham-hotspur-vs-manchester-city

« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 08:51:55 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: May 14, 2024, 07:02:14 pm »
Abu Dhabi is at full strength more or less?

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: May 14, 2024, 07:12:22 pm »
imagine micah richards not raising the 115 cheat charges to pep there and instead enquired about his sweater
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: May 14, 2024, 07:15:24 pm »
Yes, but it's different eras. Manchester United in 2017/18 had points totals that would have won plenty of Premier League titles, many of them over their own title winning sides in the 90s, but they were nowhere near good enough to be a title winning team. Even Ole had a points total well in the 70s one year and finished 2nd, and they were fucking awful all season.

That's the point though isn't it - go back through the previous decades prior to Abramovich and then the oil state, you can drop points in anywhere between 10 and 20 games and still win the title.  Drop points in 10 games nowadays and you have somewhere between little chance and fuck all chance.

Man United 17/18 were still riding the crest of the wave of media popularity and refereeing bias (they still are, just too shit to take advantage of it).  They'd already been reduced to the role of also-rans since Fergie's bowel issues made it too much of a challenge to sit on the touchline for 45 minutes first half and then another 55 minutes second half dependent upon how well they were doing.

Our dropping points in 14 games this season would likely have been enough to win the title in 17 of 22 seasons between 1981 and 2003 - hardly the case that "we've not been good enough".   We're just seeing the sport of football being reduced to an abomination of the game we love, due to greedy fat-cats at the top kow-towing to gangsters and nation states, where a very decent "normal" season points tally has been reduced from title winning to "hur-hur-hur, bottled it, you're fucking shite".

JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: May 14, 2024, 07:16:37 pm »

So who you want to win?
I fully expect Spurs to win considering how lucky Arsenal are

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: May 14, 2024, 07:18:43 pm »
So who you want to win?
I fully expect Spurs to win considering how lucky Arsenal are

I think Spurs get a draw today.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: May 14, 2024, 07:18:46 pm »

It was also largely achieved thanks to the goal scoring of Kane

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: May 14, 2024, 07:21:59 pm »
I think Spurs get a draw today.

Can't see it, will have to turn in to a basketball game if it's level late on as a point does fuck all for them

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: May 14, 2024, 07:22:21 pm »
Oh when the spurssssssss

Go marching innnnnnnnnn

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: May 14, 2024, 07:24:29 pm »
Oh when the spurssssssss

Go marching innnnnnnnnn

Tommy W and you are besties tonight?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: May 14, 2024, 07:25:03 pm »
It was also largely achieved thanks to the goal scoring of Kane

Son mainly, not Kane.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: May 14, 2024, 07:26:31 pm »
I wonder if Ange mate will still continue with the high line when Abu Dhabi are 7-0 up?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #714 on: May 14, 2024, 07:35:53 pm »
Oh when the spurssssssss

Go marching innnnnnnnnn

Haha good luck.

One of the worst chants in footy

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: May 14, 2024, 07:43:51 pm »
Son mainly, not Kane.

Always remember Kane’s goals to beat city in a 3-2 win, in the most recent season where we just lost out to city. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60357463

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64442953

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: May 14, 2024, 07:46:49 pm »
Tommy W and you are besties tonight?

Best mates, mate

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: May 14, 2024, 07:47:14 pm »
Haha good luck.

One of the worst chants in footy

almost as bad as Arsenal's Allez Allez Allez

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: May 14, 2024, 07:47:54 pm »
Micah Richards

Shut up

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #719 on: May 14, 2024, 07:49:05 pm »
The Sky love in is hilarious.

Che Neville and Carragher going on about other Clubs spending millions.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.