Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 11th - 15th May  (Read 28152 times)

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Re: Premier League Fixtures 11th - 15th May
« Reply #640 on: May 12, 2024, 06:35:43 pm »
On one hand I’d love to see arsenal win it. They’ve been great this season and well, fuck city.

But on the other hand it would be piss me the fuck off if the one season City decide to have a wobble (which they never did with us) it’s when we aren’t in the race.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 06:38:49 pm by stevieG786 »

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: May 12, 2024, 06:37:38 pm »
9 defeats at home all season is absolutely wild for United. They're absolutely terrible. How many have we lost in the entirety of Klopps 9 years at home ?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #642 on: May 12, 2024, 06:38:06 pm »
Yep. Midfield has gone from being watertight to wide open.

When Casemiro made that looped pass into oceans of space with no DM in sight, allowing them a free run at our backline before that fella put them ahead, that's been indicative of a how piss easy we make it for teams. Theres no barrier in midfield for opponents.

Arsenal allow the fewest touches by the opposition in their own box. Its stopping the opponents at source.

We haven't been solid like Arsenal since 19/20.

They've not even played well today but it shows how far ahead of us they are this season that they can win like that, restricting United to the odd potshot and the keeper has had nothing to do. We've got a lot of catching up to do.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #643 on: May 12, 2024, 06:38:29 pm »
I can see Arsenal winning it now.

It'll hurt because we should have won it in at least one of 2019 and 22 but they grind out wins, that's how you win titles. We've been nowhere near good enough this season, but Arsenal have learnt from how they blew up last season.
It's still not in their hands. If City win their games then there's nothing they can do.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: May 12, 2024, 06:38:50 pm »
Villa have Palace (who are in good form) away on the last day. If we beat Villa tomorrow then it gives Spurs a bit of a dilemma.

I’d does but conversely if villa get a result against us there is zip incentive for spurs v city.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: May 12, 2024, 06:38:59 pm »
9 defeats at home all season is absolutely wild for United. They're absolutely terrible. How many have we lost in the entirety of Klopps 9 years at home ?

Very few in the league if you take out the behind closed doors two months of losing every game.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #646 on: May 12, 2024, 06:39:16 pm »

It'll hurt because we should have won it in at least one of 2019 and 22 but they grind out wins, that's how you win titles. We've been nowhere near good enough this season, but Arsenal have learnt from how they blew up last season.

Mate, you've said this for ages and City just keep winning every game. They win every game at this stage of the season, year in year out and have a really kind last two games. I'd be just as surprised if West Ham took something off them than Spurs, I think they'll win both relatively comfortable and don't even foresee them going behind like they did against Villa a couple of years ago.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: May 12, 2024, 06:39:17 pm »
Arsenal were shit today, fortunately for them, Man Utd were worse.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #648 on: May 12, 2024, 06:39:20 pm »
I think Spurs may get a draw against City.
No chance, but deep down I choose to believe they'll beat them.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #649 on: May 12, 2024, 06:39:32 pm »
On one hand I’d love to see arsenal win it. They’ve been great this season and well, fuck city.

But on the other hand it would be piss me off if the one season City decide to have a wobble (which they never did with us? it’s when we aren’t in the race.

I don't have any regrets about those near misses anymore, we did everything we could in the circumstances so no regrets. I would still prefer to see Arsenal win the title, as I cannot condone City as they are. It would be a major surprise if City fuck it up now, but Spurs are one of those teams who you just don't know how they will play.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: May 12, 2024, 06:40:13 pm »
How can you spend the amount of money they have and lack quality?  ;D
By spending 100m on players like Antony  :D

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #651 on: May 12, 2024, 06:40:15 pm »
Yeah Spurs aren't getting anything. Got thumped by us and barely beat Burnley. It doesn't matter what the narrative is or what the motivation may be, they're not good enough and Angie's tactics are rubbish.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: May 12, 2024, 06:41:35 pm »
Mate, you've said this for ages and City just keep winning every game. They win every game at this stage of the season, year in year out and have a really kind last two games. I'd be just as surprised if West Ham took something off them than Spurs, I think they'll win both relatively comfortable and don't even foresee them going behind like they did against Villa a couple of years ago.

Logically City will win the two games, but there'll be a wobble somewhere like against Villa on the final day last time. Arsenal seem to be luckier than us.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #653 on: May 12, 2024, 06:42:53 pm »
There wasn’t a second of football played from 90-92 mins but Man United had no interest in getting anything from that today. They’d have busted themselves if it was us.

Arsenal have had all the luck this season, United have had a lot of injuries lately in defence and somehow they lost their attack today to play these Cheats.

To be fair they did nothing against us (league game anyway). We handed them the first and then the second their toothless forwards got a free run at our backline after the midfield had been bypassed by a looped pass.

Had we been anywhere near the 18-22 midfield we walk both games.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: May 12, 2024, 06:44:05 pm »
It’s at Spurs.

It would be typical of them to hand their rivals the title.

Doesn't matter where it is, City won't drop points.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #655 on: May 12, 2024, 06:44:41 pm »

They are solid though. When you are that you can be shit and win.

For us to win we need the forwards to score minimum two goals.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: May 12, 2024, 06:47:23 pm »
Arsenal wouldn't have coped with our injuries this season, but that's the kind of gritty away win that was the hallmark of our title season. United in 100 minutes of football created basically nothing. If we want to go the distance in a title race (City aside) we have to be able to grind out 1-0 wins when we need to.

We gift teams good chances like sweets. We all knew 1-0 at half time at OT wouldn't be enough. Arsenal just saw it out with ease and had their chances to kill it off but never panicked.
Nah, Saka copes with injuries every single game!

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: May 12, 2024, 06:47:42 pm »
To be fair they did nothing against us (league game anyway). We handed them the first and then the second their toothless forwards got a free run at our backline after the midfield had been bypassed by a looped pass.

Had we been anywhere near the 18-22 midfield we walk both games.

Look at the cup game. United weren't even in it in the second half, but we couldn't see that out and gift them a goal. Get 3-2 up in extra time and can't see that out either. A minute away from a 50/50 shootout and still give a ridiculous goal away.

United gave it all they had second half which admittedly isn't much, but they've not once looked like scoring because Arsenal could actually manage the game and keep them at bay.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: May 12, 2024, 06:47:43 pm »
Had no idea Trossard only scored once for Arsenal last season. He's chipped in with quite a few this season, if he'd scored at this rate last season they might have won the title.
Trossard did have 10 assists for us in half a season. When both Jesus and Martinelli were fit, Arteta preferred to play Martinelli instead of Trossard last season. This has changed this season as Trossard has kept Martinelli out. But part of the reason why Martinelli's form is bad is because Havertz is stylistically different in the middle. Jesus and Trossard often used to rotate with Martinelli during games and Havertz does not.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #659 on: May 12, 2024, 06:52:13 pm »
We haven't been solid like Arsenal since 19/20.

They've not even played well today but it shows how far ahead of us they are this season that they can win like that, restricting United to the odd potshot and the keeper has had nothing to do. We've got a lot of catching up to do.

20-21 we were solid when they were put back into midfield and carried the lower league level CB pairing of Phillips and Williams in a title standard winning run.

The following season, Hendo was creaking as his numbers were on the slide, plus Gini was gone. Still, Fabinho was still elite so it was still quality protection albeit not quite to the level of previous seasons.

It was that summer where we needed to act though.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: May 12, 2024, 06:57:10 pm »
20-21 we were solid when they were put back into midfield and carried the lower league level CB pairing of Phillips and Williams in a title standard winning run.

The following season, Hendo was creaking as his numbers were on the slide, plus Gini was gone. Still, Fabinho was still elite so it was still quality protection albeit not quite to the level of previous seasons.

It was that summer where we needed to act though.

Even within that run we couldn't see 1-0 leads out to Newcastle and Leeds who got late equalisers. Then needed a miracle goal by Ali in the last second at West Brom.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #661 on: May 12, 2024, 07:02:50 pm »
I’d does but conversely if villa get a result against us there is zip incentive for spurs v city.

Massive game tomorrow in that regard.

If Villa fail to beat us, that opens the door wide open for Spurs. Villa are away to Palace last game. A tired Villa against their legs? Palace win.

Basically if we stop Villa winning tomorrow, Spurs would have all the incentive to win vs Abu Dhabi 115, as winning their last game imo puts them in the CL.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #662 on: May 12, 2024, 07:04:34 pm »
Imagine, Arsenal fans praying Spurs make the CL  ;D

*or should say, keeping their CL dream alive.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 07:06:43 pm by KC7 »

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: May 12, 2024, 07:13:06 pm »
Imagine, Arsenal fans praying Spurs make the CL  ;D

*or should say, keeping their CL dream alive.

I think Spurs probably get CL if they beat City (depending on how Villa do tomorrow of course). Villa have done a Leicester.

Knowing Spurs though they'll get the draw on Tuesday and miss out on top 4 on goal difference.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #664 on: May 12, 2024, 07:14:40 pm »
What a pathetic game of football, particularly from Utd. That was almost testimonial pace.
Against us, particularly for a period in the second half, they were throwing their bodies at us and the ball, as if their lives depended on it. Everton did the same against us.
Contrast that with the effort they was put in today against Arsenal.

And another repeat of one of my bug bears on time wasting. Raya in goal gets booked at the end of the game, despite falling on the ball for most of the second half.
Why on earth does a keeper have to drop to the ground, if they catch a ball standing up? It's a disgrace, and defies any logical explanation. It absolutely needs to be cracked down on. We have suffered as much as any other team, from opposing keepers doing it (and right from kick off)

Start the 6 seconds from when they catch the ball, and penalize them with an indirect free kick.
I can guarantee you that none of them will fall to the ground then, as they wouldn't be able to lie down, get up, and distribute the ball in that time.
 For the love of God, please stop this cheating. Everyone can see what they're doing.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: May 12, 2024, 07:16:32 pm »
Start the 6 seconds from when they catch the ball, and penalize them with an indirect free kick.

Agree with this. I often find myself counting how long keepers have the ball in their hands. Sometimes goes into 20+ seconds. That particular rule is never enforced and needs to be cracked down on instantly.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #666 on: May 12, 2024, 07:16:58 pm »
Even within that run we couldn't see 1-0 leads out to Newcastle and Leeds who got late equalisers. Then needed a miracle goal by Ali in the last second at West Brom.

But look at the backline. It was Coventry City level (if that).

The midfield were world class, and while they carried that backline home in providing excellent protection, without a Premier League level CB pairing the odd goal will be leaked. As imperative a top midfield and DM is in being a barrier to the defence, the defence will still be tested at times.

I'm convinced had we kept Fabinho and Hendo in midfield rather than have them play as CBs when we had no senior CB via the January transfer shitshow we could well have won a league title with Rhys Willaims and Nat Phillips as the CB pairing. Our points per game with those two as the pairing must have been very close to league title winning standard.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #667 on: May 12, 2024, 07:31:23 pm »
Agree with this. I often find myself counting how long keepers have the ball in their hands. Sometimes goes into 20+ seconds. That particular rule is never enforced and needs to be cracked down on instantly.

Booking someone for time wasting in the 94th minute feels completely pointless too. Achieves nothing. Not like he added much more time on as a result of it.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: May 12, 2024, 07:35:25 pm »
Booking someone for time wasting in the 94th minute feels completely pointless too. Achieves nothing. Not like he added much more time on as a result of it.
It’s pointless the way it’s implemented, done properly you see the yellow become red as you can guarantee the keeper will do it again next time he gets the ball (as ironically displayed in the earlier game). A couple of minutes to go plus the added time for the inevitable protesting from the side who has just seen their keeper sent off. Maybe 5 mins with 10 men vs 11

Yet another example of how refs cannot manage games

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #669 on: May 12, 2024, 07:46:55 pm »

We got more points than they will this on both those occassions, i'm not at all sure what your point is here
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: May 12, 2024, 08:06:08 pm »
What a pathetic game of football, particularly from Utd. That was almost testimonial pace.
Against us, particularly for a period in the second half, they were throwing their bodies at us and the ball, as if their lives depended on it. Everton did the same against us.
Contrast that with the effort they was put in today against Arsenal.

And another repeat of one of my bug bears on time wasting. Raya in goal gets booked at the end of the game, despite falling on the ball for most of the second half.
Why on earth does a keeper have to drop to the ground, if they catch a ball standing up? It's a disgrace, and defies any logical explanation. It absolutely needs to be cracked down on. We have suffered as much as any other team, from opposing keepers doing it (and right from kick off)

I can guarantee you that none of them will fall to the ground then, as they wouldn't be able to lie down, get up, and distribute the ball in that time.
 For the love of God, please stop this cheating. Everyone can see what they're doing.

The keeper falling on the ground is a particularly shit house tactic. Should be an automatic yellow card it's getting silly now..
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: May 12, 2024, 08:10:41 pm »

If United had put in even 50% of the effort they did against us they would have got something from that game. It's bizarre the way teams play with everything they have against us but just go through the motions most of the time against Arsenal.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: May 12, 2024, 08:48:24 pm »
If United had put in even 50% of the effort they did against us they would have got something from that game. It's bizarre the way teams play with everything they have against us but just go through the motions most of the time against Arsenal.

They were hopeless in the second half of our FA Cup game there and in the first half of the league game - genuinely awful. But you have to be able to either kill a game off or a see a game out. We did neither in both. Arsenal were able to see the game out and shut the game down.

We give teams far too much encouragement, whether it's Man United away or Sheffield United at home.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #673 on: May 12, 2024, 09:24:38 pm »
I know a few Spurs fans at work. They don’t really expect or demand Champions League football. I’d say that to a man (and one woman) they’d all rather lose to City and come fifth than beat them and come fourth if it handed Arsenal the title.
Played in a charity football tournament today and the sentiment from all Spurs fans was exactly what you’ve just said, all want city to beat them.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: May 12, 2024, 09:27:44 pm »
We got more points than they will this on both those occassions, i'm not at all sure what your point is here

I meant we should have won it in those seasons but were cheated out of them by City, whereas I accept this season we've not been good enough. I don't like watching them and some of their antics but Arsenal this season would be deserving winners and could count themselves unfortunate if they do fall just short to the cheats.

Arsenal have only dropped 5 points since new years eve and were top at Christmas, yet it's still out their hands. Obviously top now but comes down to City's game in hand.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 09:34:03 pm by Fromola »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #675 on: May 12, 2024, 10:07:49 pm »
I meant we should have won it in those seasons but were cheated out of them by City, whereas I accept this season we've not been good enough. I don't like watching them and some of their antics but Arsenal this season would be deserving winners and could count themselves unfortunate if they do fall just short to the cheats.

Arsenal have only dropped 5 points since new years eve and were top at Christmas, yet it's still out their hands. Obviously top now but comes down to City's game in hand.

Very different teams but that’s kind of like us in 13/14. Think we’re we’re top at Christmas weren’t we? Then lost to City and Chelsea away between Christmas and New Year. Dropped more than 5 points after that but we did pick up the most points u til the final couple of games again.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #676 on: May 12, 2024, 10:17:26 pm »
Yeah Spurs aren't getting anything. Got thumped by us and barely beat Burnley. It doesn't matter what the narrative is or what the motivation may be, they're not good enough and Angie's tactics are rubbish.
Worse Spurs teams have beaten better City teams in recent years.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #677 on: May 12, 2024, 10:21:56 pm »
I don't have any regrets about those near misses anymore, we did everything we could in the circumstances so no regrets. I would still prefer to see Arsenal win the title, as I cannot condone City as they are. It would be a major surprise if City fuck it up now, but Spurs are one of those teams who you just don't know how they will play.
On the contrary, it's very likely we know how they'll play given they've been dreadful for some time. Spurs aren't suddenly going to learn how to defend on Tuesday. They'll give up tons of chances and be 2-0 down by ht most probably.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: May 12, 2024, 10:27:37 pm »

Catastrophising.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #679 on: May 12, 2024, 10:27:52 pm »
Worse Spurs teams have beaten better City teams in recent years.
Not when the cheats needed to win in a title run in. Spurs will be battered. I mean go back and watch them at Anfield or against Arsenal when they were actually trying against a hated rival or when Saudi fc destroyed them or Chelsea beat them etc.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 10:29:52 pm by 1892tillforever »