Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3206530 times)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #20560 on: July 11, 2023, 01:31:50 pm »
So if we get Lavia, we are basically stating that the DM does not to be improved right away, right? As I understand Lavia, he is promising and can become something really special, but he is not of a level yet. Consequently, he will not really improve our squad any substantively this season, but one for the future?

Is that fair? I have not seen a lot of Lavia, but when I have seen him he impressed me for being so young, but he was also very raw and made a lot of mistakes as well, showing that he is not ready yet.

TBF if the window shut and Liverpool had brought in Colwill + Lavia along with General Zod and MacAllister, I would consider it to be a truly excellent window.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20561 on: July 11, 2023, 01:34:46 pm »
That is never going to happen. You might not value the Europa but it still has a guaranteed place in the CL for the winners and it would be nice to have a Cup to lift at the end of the season.
Don’t think you understood how the competition works.

For the group stages we don’t need to register the likes of Salah or Ali for example. Leave them at home.
Register Doak, Clark and some other up and coming kids

Knock out stages then register the likes of Salah and Al.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #20562 on: July 11, 2023, 01:38:19 pm »
Have we even touched that yet? Still thought we were spending the Coutinho money.
no, though Barca still owe us 10m, (72 if counting interest)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20563 on: July 11, 2023, 01:38:30 pm »

For the group stages we don’t need to register the likes of Salah or Ali for example. Leave them at home.

I dont think you understand how it works.
Alisson & Salah are on big money we are registering them for Europe.
Kids are very inexperienced.
Maybe at the end of the group stage they can play a few mins but we do actually need to play first team players in it.

We can rest Van Dijk,Salah & Allisson for a few away trips most likely but they will play games of course

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #20564 on: July 11, 2023, 01:53:11 pm »

Thanks for the condescension. I don't think you know how Klopp works, he'll register the strongest available team and play enough of the first team to help along the youngsters. Salah, is the fittest member of the squad, and he wants goals so he'll play even in the group stages but probably not all of them.

Jürgen is not arrogant and won't right off any of the teams we'll face, last season should be a warning and not just accepted as a one off.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #20565 on: July 11, 2023, 01:53:48 pm »
no, though Barca still owe us 10m, (72 if counting interest)
Yikes! Is this true?
That's approaching Bellingham-type money.
Wonder if we're going to hold them to that amount or if we gunna use it as a "rain check" in negotiations for the future.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20566 on: July 11, 2023, 01:54:50 pm »
Thanks for the condescension. I don't think you know how Klopp works, he'll register the strongest available team and play enough of the first team to help along the youngsters. Salah, is the fittest member of the squad, and he wants goals so he'll play even in the group stages but probably not all of them.

Jürgen is not arrogant and won't right off any of the teams we'll face, last season should be a warning and not just accepted as a one off.

If we want to challenge for the league and CL spots then we won’t take the group stages too seriously. We should have enough to go through without all the star names playing.

He’s not isn’t going to miss the chance of developing some of the kids in this competition.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #20567 on: July 11, 2023, 01:55:44 pm »
Playing Allison, Salah in the group stages would be beyond stupid.

We need them to be fit and firing in the PL and use this opportunity of playing in the Europa to test out in real competition some of the fringe players.

Kelleher, Bradley, Bajcetic or Lavia, Hendo, Jones, Doak, Nunez should all be getting lots of minutes in europa group stages. I personally don't want to see Allison, VVD, Robbo, Trent, Fab, Alexis, Dom, Salah, Diaz touch a blade of grass for us in the group stages. Unless we're in a matchday 6 situation where we need a win to qualify.

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #20568 on: July 11, 2023, 01:56:32 pm »
re. Barca - I thought we’d sold the debt on a few years ago so if they do owe any money, it’s not to us.
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #20569 on: July 11, 2023, 02:00:46 pm »
re. Barca - I thought we’d sold the debt on a few years ago so if they do owe any money, it’s not to us.

We did. Barca may owe money but not to us.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20570 on: July 11, 2023, 02:04:57 pm »
Or hes just a decoy or backup, like Thuram was.
Szobo came out of nowhere, why wouldnt the next signing be similar.
People here talking as if Colwill is the only possible CB available, which is nonsense

No one was talking about Szoboszlai until Ornstein broke the story and then we agreed a deal a few days later (in the meantime we'd been linked with dozens of other players). Whereas Mac Allister was seriously talked about for a couple of months before we signed him.

Basically, there's no rhyme or reason to the transfer window.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20571 on: July 11, 2023, 02:05:13 pm »

We need them to be fit and firing in the PL and use this opportunity of playing in the Europa to test out in real competition some of the fringe players.

Kelleher, Bradley, Bajcetic or Lavia, Hendo, Jones, Doak, Nunez should all be getting lots of minutes in europa group stages. I personally don't want to see Allison, VVD, Robbo, Trent, Fab, Alexis, Dom, Salah, Diaz touch a blade of grass for us in the group stages. Unless we're in a matchday 6 situation where we need a win to qualify.

Someone that gets it.

Agree add the likes of Clark, Gordon and Koumas also gaining minutes and Morton if non of these go out on loan.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20572 on: July 11, 2023, 02:12:03 pm »
Think you can only make 3 changes to a Europa league squad after the group stage so like it or not we'll be including most (if not all) of the big names from the start.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20573 on: July 11, 2023, 02:15:14 pm »

Championship Manager isn't real life. I'm fine with Kelleher getting all the Europa minutes but we'll still see a rotation of first team players in the group stages.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20574 on: July 11, 2023, 02:15:45 pm »

It would be arrogant of us to think the Europa will be such a stroll that we can play just the kids with literally no minutes for first-teamers. I’m sure key players will be selectively rested, but not to anything like the extent you suggest, at least until progression is secure. Remember as well that finishing first rather than second has the material benefit of two fewer games which could otherwise be against 3rd placed Champions League teams.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20575 on: July 11, 2023, 02:20:32 pm »
It would be arrogant of us to think the Europa will be such a stroll that we can play just the kids with literally no minutes for first-teamers. I’m sure key players will be selectively rested, but not to anything like the extent you suggest, at least until progression is secure. Remember as well that finishing first rather than second has the material benefit of two fewer games which could otherwise be against 3rd placed Champions League teams.
100%.  can't believe some of the "play the kids" nonsense being spouted in this thread right now.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20576 on: July 11, 2023, 02:23:17 pm »
Can just imagine the conversation when Klopp tells Salah he's not getting registered for the Europa so Doak can get minutes...

I think it's a shame that Doak won't be able to be registered (although if we got Colwill and Lavia he still could be) but Klopp's priority will be keeping his senior squad purring. And giving them minutes in the Europa will help that, even if the likes of Virgil and Salah are on the bench rather than starting every group game.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20577 on: July 11, 2023, 02:26:38 pm »
100%.  can't believe some of the "play the kids" nonsense being spouted in this thread right now.
It's like last season never happened. We struggled against "small teams" and some people think we'll just waltz through because our name is Liverpool. 

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20578 on: July 11, 2023, 02:30:05 pm »
It's like last season never happened. We struggled against "small teams" and some people think we'll just waltz through because our name is Liverpool.
It is the Europa league not the EFL trophy.
Will still be some good sides.

Offline Santiago

• Main Stander
  • Yeeeessss!!!
« Reply #20579 on: July 11, 2023, 02:31:06 pm »
But you can piss through the EURO group stages with 18 year olds on football manager

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20580 on: July 11, 2023, 02:32:02 pm »

The irony of this post, and then listing a player who doesn't even need to be added to the main list to play (Doak does - as he's not been here 2 years yet - but any other u21 player who has been with the club 2 years doesn't take up a slot).

Also worth remembering you can only register 3 new players in January - if you sign someone new in Jan, you don't want to be limited on that front because you haven't registered 3 other first team players for the groups.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20581 on: July 11, 2023, 02:36:22 pm »
Leave out the big hitters for the groups. Then register them for the knockouts that we won't be in because we played the kids and got walloped. Sorted

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #20582 on: July 11, 2023, 02:36:42 pm »

If everyone was fit:

1st XI

Alisson

Trent
Konate
VvD
Robertson

Fabinho
MacAllister
Szoboszlia

Diaz
Gakpo
Salah

Still available:

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Matip
Tsimikas

Henderson
Thiago
Jones

Jota
Nunez
Elliott

Still available after that:

Adrian
SvdB
Phillips
Morton
Bajcetic
Clark
Doak

Now the squad will change a bit before we get to the start of the season. Maybe 1 or 2 in's and 5 outs (max).

The likes of Doak and Clark will still be players who are about 23-26 in the squad pecking order. They'll be looking a getting on the bench and maybe the odd start in the Europa League group games. Unless Doak (or any other young player) has made a massive step over the summer then not sure you are starting them in 4-6 Europa group games. As such you aren't registering any of them over the likes of Salah.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20583 on: July 11, 2023, 02:43:08 pm »
Jurgen played pretty much full strength teams in dead rubber Champions League games but yeah, he’ll defo play the kids in Europa League games that actually make a difference in qualifying.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20584 on: July 11, 2023, 02:43:39 pm »
Presume the Leeds interest in Phillips is not solid - or is for much lower than we want (like 4-5m) - otherwise we should have sold him by now.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20585 on: July 11, 2023, 02:48:10 pm »
It is the Europa league not the EFL trophy.
Will still be some good sides.
I completely agree, which is why I'm confused why anyone would suggest we don't put out good teams especially without having the likes of Salah to call upon.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20586 on: July 11, 2023, 03:04:02 pm »
Presume the Leeds interest in Phillips is not solid - or is for much lower than we want (like 4-5m) - otherwise we should have sold him by now.

It's coming to the point where we should take whatever is on offer for everyone's sakes. Another season like the last isn't good for anyone.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20587 on: July 11, 2023, 03:36:30 pm »
It's coming to the point where we should take whatever is on offer for everyone's sakes. Another season like the last isn't good for anyone.
Leeds interest might be 100% solid and at a good price .... but there may be better options for us and Nat that are being worked on.

Why TF should we be rushed into selling?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20588 on: July 11, 2023, 04:05:31 pm »
Leeds interest might be 100% solid and at a good price .... but there may be better options for us and Nat that are being worked on.

Why TF should we be rushed into selling?

He has to move on though. We're wasting the lads career. He's 26 and has only played 69 first team football matches. Elliott at 20 has played 113, even pretty much missing a season with a bad injury.

Bournemouth would have been a good move for him after promotion but we were holding out for money that wasn't going to come in.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #20589 on: July 11, 2023, 04:11:41 pm »
Leave out the big hitters for the groups. Then register them for the knockouts that we won't be in because we played the kids and got walloped. Sorted
Yeah. Sooner or later, we need to learn.
"Those who don't learn from History, is bound to repeat it's mistakes." [paraphrased]
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20590 on: July 11, 2023, 04:15:34 pm »

Calm down. The only suggestion is that we don't register one or two senior players (who probably won't be selected regardless).

If Salah wasn't in the squad, it would still leave us with four senior options + Doak.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #20591 on: July 11, 2023, 04:23:39 pm »
Just leave Thiago out for Europa league sorted

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #20592 on: July 11, 2023, 04:49:55 pm »
No one is ever matching our £10m valuation for him.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #20593 on: July 11, 2023, 04:51:11 pm »
Interesting. But what makes people think he will be a starter for us ahaed of VVD and Konate? And if he doesnt then hes not gonna feel very valued.

The fact that Konate himself is quite injury prone. And we don't know which version of VVD we'll get this season. The one from last season or the one from before his injury.

I think he would play quite a few games myself.
YWNA

Offline Voronin’s ponytail

• Main Stander
« Reply #20594 on: July 11, 2023, 05:15:55 pm »
Lavia pretty much done now.

Colwill isn’t the CB target, Bella-Kotchap is.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20595 on: July 11, 2023, 05:19:35 pm »
Lavia pretty much done now.

Colwill isn’t the CB target, Bella-Kotchap is.

No chance, he's poor on the ball and in the air.

Offline Voronin’s ponytail

• Main Stander
« Reply #20596 on: July 11, 2023, 05:21:55 pm »
Well I promise not to say I told you so when it happens.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20597 on: July 11, 2023, 05:22:56 pm »
You were attached to a shit player, fuck off.

Offline False9

• Took the oil money!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #20598 on: July 11, 2023, 05:26:10 pm »
Not solely. South of Brazil too. And Uruguay, I think

Yes. Gauchos are ranch farmers that go along the bay of Rio de La Plata. So Argentinians, some southern brazillians and uruguayans (Which is actually a buffer state between Argentina and Brazil to avoid more wars - to this day, we don't get along very well. At least we let to beat it other up in football, not in the battlefield. Also, it was a ploy by the british to allow free navigation in the Rio de La Plata bay, as by international law it would have free navigation if it was divided by at least two countries. So I guess thanks, guys).

About Bajcetic, I feel like he's more of a CDM, while Leiva was more of a DM, like Fabinho. Baj just need to improve his long balls and his decision making in big games to become world class.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #20599 on: July 11, 2023, 05:27:19 pm »
Bella-Kotchap is very much a project still I would think?

Not seen much of him, but of what I did see, he always looks sort of clumsy and ungainly and gets turned too easily, that’s my great technical assesment ;D