Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3267155 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #20520 on: July 11, 2023, 10:16:48 am »
Worth waiting for?

Borussia Monchengladbach manager Gerardo Seoane has revealed that Manu Kone will miss up to six weeks of action after picking up a knee injury while representing France at the Under-21 Euros.

"The important thing is that it's not a serious injury. It will take about six weeks," he is quoted as saying.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20521 on: July 11, 2023, 10:18:56 am »
Worth waiting for?

Think we moved on before his injury even happened.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20522 on: July 11, 2023, 10:20:26 am »
Because Lavia is rneesszxl .

I've got some hayfever tablets in my coat if you need one.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #20523 on: July 11, 2023, 10:21:19 am »
Since szobo signed I think the Thuram and Kone talk went quiet

Highly doubt we sign either one now
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #20524 on: July 11, 2023, 10:28:15 am »
Sounds like Rodger's team in 13/14.  I prefer the latter to be honest.
I think he's referring to "starting a rebuild", and it's correct. Klopp did start rebuilding from the front with us.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #20525 on: July 11, 2023, 10:38:21 am »
I feel like it's been quite busy? At least in terms of the bigger clubs. We've done two major signings, Arsenal have basically done three albeit still waiting on Rice and Timber being officially announced. United have done Mount, about to do Onana. City to be fair have only done Kovacic. Chelsea have done Jackson and confirmed Nkunku, Newcastle have done Tonali, Spurs have done Maddison and that keeper. Brighton have been busy (Joao Pedro, Milner, Dahoud and Verbruggen).

Agree that lower down the league has been quiet. I do think Saudi has affected things, will have really impacted all clubs.
Szoboslai to us, Nkunku to Chelsea. That Nkunku-Szoboslai combo was perhaps the most devastating in Germany last season. Quick, powerful, relentless, and devastating.
Szoboslai will have more strikers here to entertain, and I can't wait.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 10:39:58 am by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #20526 on: July 11, 2023, 10:38:54 am »
Yeah I think Doak has a very good chance of going out on loan this season.  Reckon he'd rinse fullbacks in the Championship.

I’d be surprised if we loan him out due to him only been 17, he could still still get a few cup haves with us and a good preseason with the first team
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 10:41:10 am by rocco »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20527 on: July 11, 2023, 10:42:27 am »
I’d be surprised if we loan him out due to him only been 17.

Wasn't Harvey Elliot 17 when he went to Blackburn ?  Done him the world of good too. With loans it depends on the club and manager. Tony Mowbray has a reputation for playing good football, suited Elliot really well

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #20528 on: July 11, 2023, 10:45:52 am »
I’d be surprised if we loan him out due to him only been 17, he could still still get a few cup haves with us and a good preseason with the first team

Depends what's best for his development, I guess.  He's already rapid and I don't think he'll get much beefier, so physically he's ready.  A season of torching defenders in the Championship could be brilliant for him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20529 on: July 11, 2023, 10:45:53 am »
Since szobo signed I think the Thuram and Kone talk went quiet

Highly doubt we sign either one now

Kone if Lavia doesn't happen.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #20530 on: July 11, 2023, 10:48:59 am »
Yeah I reckon we've got Lavia and Colwill as the next two to ideally sign but depends on how much both players back their respective clubs into a corner. If that doesn't happen then hopefully have enough time to move onto the next target. Very happy with the two new signings but we definitely need more before the window shuts.
Think you and Pete are on the track, Amir.
We've done our bizzy for the start of pre-season and we can afford to wait it out for the defensive signings. We are definitely making them this summer- as is evident of our pursuit of Lavia and Colwill, as well as the Shuurs-rumours, but we have some time on our hands.
As Klopp said- some signings, we can wait for.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20531 on: July 11, 2023, 11:18:44 am »
Think the next few weeks we'll see how Jorg does.

We've paid two release clauses so far that anyone could do,  so now he'll have to start negotiating.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20532 on: July 11, 2023, 11:25:26 am »
Think the next few weeks we'll see how Jorg does.

We've paid two release clauses so far that anyone could do,  so now he'll have to start negotiating.

There's more to the role then simply just going, "we'll pay the release clause mate." Granted, it makes it a lot simpler with the selling club but I'd assume some lengthy conversations happen with the player and his representatives before we even get to that stage.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20533 on: July 11, 2023, 11:34:10 am »
Don’t  know why we’re not interested in Max Kilman.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20534 on: July 11, 2023, 11:52:46 am »
My guess would be that we don't think he's mobile enough for the way we ask our defenders to play.  They need aerial dominance (tick) but also the mobility of a full-back (cross).  Even Virg looks a bit lost after he seemingly lost that extra bit of pace.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20535 on: July 11, 2023, 11:59:04 am »
I think Tosin Adarabioyo would be a great pick up
homegrown 26 soon at his peak. Excellent in the air,decent on the ball & excellent pace as well
Out of contract in 2024 too

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #20536 on: July 11, 2023, 11:59:33 am »

On paper hes the meanest defender out there.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20537 on: July 11, 2023, 12:02:07 pm »
There's probably a decent sized list of central defenders we're looking at but we require a pretty specific fit in our team which is why Colwill stands out by a mile.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20538 on: July 11, 2023, 12:05:10 pm »
My guess would be that we don't think he's mobile enough for the way we ask our defenders to play.  They need aerial dominance (tick) but also the mobility of a full-back (cross).  Even Virg looks a bit lost after he seemingly lost that extra bit of pace.

I thought he had decent pace, if we can’t get Colwill surely he’d be a decent alternative for around 40m?

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #20539 on: July 11, 2023, 12:07:57 pm »
I thought he had decent pace, if we can’t get Colwill surely he’d be a decent alternative for around 40m?

Think if we're going to be spending 40 million on a LCB who isn't Colwill it's far more likely to be someone like Inacio, who is 21, extremely mobile and has a great pass on him.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20540 on: July 11, 2023, 12:15:50 pm »
I can imagine its a pretty hard sell to get the owners to pay for another centre back when we have 5 senior ones under contract. Can't see us getting another.

Midfield will be a different story given 4 left at the end of the season.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20541 on: July 11, 2023, 12:16:12 pm »

Yeah,plus personally think Klopp tends to keep talent he sees as elite at the club and not loan them out,honestly Doak looks like being one of those.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20542 on: July 11, 2023, 12:17:15 pm »
Man you lot are dumb! He was comedian! made loads of films with his brothers!
If we want him there's no way he'll join us
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20543 on: July 11, 2023, 12:18:30 pm »
Pick him over Salah. Further developing young talent is literally the only benefit of being in the early rounds of the Europa.
No, literally the main benefit of being in the early rounds of the Europa is that it allows you to get through to the later rounds of the Europa
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20544 on: July 11, 2023, 12:22:39 pm »
The Athletic has an article on Colwill's future today (written by their Chelsea reporter). Basically, says Liverpool are keen on taking him to Anfield and that Chelsea face an uphill battle to convince him his future lies at Stamford Bridge. Two years left on his deal, and an option for a third year which would be triggered if he plays a certain amount of games.

He joins up with Chelsea on 17 July for their pre-season tour and will have talks with Pochettino. Feels like he's not been wanted in the past, with Chelsea trying hard for Gvardiol (who plays same position) and then getting Koulibaly and Badiashile. Also felt poorly treated by Tuchel apparently. Also says that while Chelsea can obviously force him to stay even if he wants to leave, they're aware it risks his value dropping and ends by saying that they need to convince him to sign an extension.

https://theathletic.com/4679003/2023/07/11/chelsea-colwill-contract-mount/?source=emp_shared_article

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #20545 on: July 11, 2023, 12:26:59 pm »
The Athletic has an article on Colwill's future today (written by their Chelsea reporter). Basically, says Liverpool are keen on taking him to Anfield and that Chelsea face an uphill battle to convince him his future lies at Stamford Bridge. Two years left on his deal, and an option for a third year which would be triggered if he plays a certain amount of games.

He joins up with Chelsea on 17 July for their pre-season tour and will have talks with Pochettino. Feels like he's not been wanted in the past, with Chelsea trying hard for Gvardiol (who plays same position) and then getting Koulibaly and Badiashile. Also felt poorly treated by Tuchel apparently. Also says that while Chelsea can obviously force him to stay even if he wants to leave, they're aware it risks his value dropping and ends by saying that they need to convince him to sign an extension.

https://theathletic.com/4679003/2023/07/11/chelsea-colwill-contract-mount/?source=emp_shared_article

Interesting. But what makes people think he will be a starter for us ahaed of VVD and Konate? And if he doesnt then hes not gonna feel very valued.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #20546 on: July 11, 2023, 12:28:04 pm »
Isn’t Colwill injury prone ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20547 on: July 11, 2023, 12:30:27 pm »
Interesting. But what makes people think he will be a starter for us ahaed of VVD and Konate? And if he doesnt then hes not gonna feel very valued.

In theory, think he's a more natural fit than Robbo in the new system. Don't think he'd immediately be ahead of him, but between games there and deputising for Virgil, he'd start tons - we're also in Europe which Chelsea aren't.

Also just think he’d trust us more if we said he was going to be part of the next great Liverpool team. We give players time to develop, Chelsea will just keeping signing shiny new toys and that makes it really difficult for players. Thiago Silva was talking about how ridiculous the size of their squad was last season, even the senior players know they’re a basket case under Boehly.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 12:48:06 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20548 on: July 11, 2023, 12:39:12 pm »
Colwill + Lavia in and we'd still have change left from the £250m war chest.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20549 on: July 11, 2023, 12:53:48 pm »
Colwill + Lavia in and we'd still have change left from the £250m war chest.

Have we even touched that yet? Still thought we were spending the Coutinho money.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20550 on: July 11, 2023, 01:03:15 pm »
In theory, think he's a more natural fit than Robbo in the new system. Don't think he'd immediately be ahead of him, but between games there and deputising for Virgil, he'd start tons - we're also in Europe which Chelsea aren't.

Also just think he’d trust us more if we said he was going to be part of the next great Liverpool team. We give players time to develop, Chelsea will just keeping signing shiny new toys and that makes it really difficult for players. Thiago Silva was talking about how ridiculous the size of their squad was last season, even the senior players know they’re a basket case under Boehly.
I think people are forgetting Konate will miss games iwyh injury most likely.
We could move Van Dijk to the right if Colwill joined was performing better than Gomez & Matip.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #20551 on: July 11, 2023, 01:07:44 pm »
There's probably a decent sized list of central defenders we're looking at but we require a pretty specific fit in our team which is why Colwill stands out by a mile.
Or hes just a decoy or backup, like Thuram was.
Szobo came out of nowhere, why wouldnt the next signing be similar.
People here talking as if Colwill is the only possible CB available, which is nonsense

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20552 on: July 11, 2023, 01:13:32 pm »
Isn’t Colwill injury prone ?

A perfect fit for Liverpool then.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #20553 on: July 11, 2023, 01:17:06 pm »
Kone if Lavia doesn't happen.

Or Cornet for Kone.   

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #20554 on: July 11, 2023, 01:17:35 pm »
So if we get Lavia, we are basically stating that the DM does not to be improved right away, right? As I understand Lavia, he is promising and can become something really special, but he is not of a level yet. Consequently, he will not really improve our squad any substantively this season, but one for the future?

Is that fair? I have not seen a lot of Lavia, but when I have seen him he impressed me for being so young, but he was also very raw and made a lot of mistakes as well, showing that he is not ready yet.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #20555 on: July 11, 2023, 01:18:16 pm »
People here talking as if Colwill is the only possible CB available, which is nonsense

Maguire?

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #20556 on: July 11, 2023, 01:24:55 pm »

I think you’ll realise we pretty much play a back 3 nowadays. Robbo isn’t suited to this new system and colwill seems perfect for that left centre back spot. Also VVD is 32 now so his minutes will need managed

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #20557 on: July 11, 2023, 01:25:45 pm »

This I agree with. We seem to be using this tactic more and more. Must admit was funny when ended up with Milan Baros and Nic Anelka same day. As well as Kirklnad and Dudek ;D

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #20558 on: July 11, 2023, 01:29:39 pm »
Pick him over Salah. Further developing young talent is literally the only benefit of being in the early rounds of the Europa.
That is never going to happen. You might not value the Europa but it still has a guaranteed place in the CL for the winners and it would be nice to have a Cup to lift at the end of the season.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20559 on: July 11, 2023, 01:31:01 pm »
That is never going to happen. You might not value the Europa but it still has a guaranteed place in the CL for the winners and it would be nice to have a Cup to lift at the end of the season.

I do value the Europa and I'm ticked on for the ACS next season. But there's no logic to using Salah against teams we can beat without him.

There are also two opportunities to register your squad - one for the groups and one for the knockouts when we're more likely to need better players.