Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3267070 times)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #20360 on: July 10, 2023, 01:22:27 pm »
That would be really surprising. Henderson doesn't seem like the type at all.
Thats what I was thinking about Gerrard too.
I wouldnt be surprised to see Henderson go there, although Thiago would make more sense
But if they really are tryiing to create a local version if Liverpool, Henderson would be the ultimate appropriation

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20361 on: July 10, 2023, 01:32:27 pm »
He's the type that has been very vocal about social justice, and doesn't seem like someone who would give up on his career early to chase a few extra quid so it would be surprising to me. No, not everyone is that type Fordy.

I doubt he will go this season because he will feel he can get in the Eiuro squad but like it or not Southgate & others will soon have to take that league seriously.

This is business and Hendo might see it that why like others have. The PL opened the gates by allowing the Newcastle take over. I wouldn’t be shocked if he did go but doubt it because of what I have said.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20362 on: July 10, 2023, 01:37:02 pm »
Can only see Hendo leaving us for Sunderland, no one else.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #20363 on: July 10, 2023, 01:43:57 pm »

Like Milner would only leave for Leeds?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20364 on: July 10, 2023, 01:44:52 pm »

Crazy thought. He hardly even mentions Sunderland

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20365 on: July 10, 2023, 01:46:24 pm »
Trouble is Gvardiol is going to City.
I think Colwill will be on his way back to Brighton part of the Caicedo deal. Thats two players Gvardiol and Caicedo along with Mac Allister and Szoboszlai that would have put us back on our perch again IMO.
he would need to agree to that - no?

someone mentioned that Colwill may need to put in a transfer request - may well be the case.  I haven't thought about those for a while .... it means that the player forfeits his cut of any fee, is that (still) correct?

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20366 on: July 10, 2023, 01:52:07 pm »
What type is that?

Everyone is that type if you are on about chasing the money.

Other than all the players that have turned them down.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20367 on: July 10, 2023, 02:08:51 pm »
I mean does he think he’s get a regular game here is the other question. He’s not displacing VVD anytime soon and Robbo is a Klopp fav and a great player.

We’re in europe Chelsea aren’t, that’s 20+ games right there, our main centre backs are injury prone (konate, Matip), Gomez has lost form, VVD needs to rest more and Robbo made some colossal mistakes in the new system

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20368 on: July 10, 2023, 02:17:06 pm »
What if the ma's of Colwill and Mbappe combined?

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #20369 on: July 10, 2023, 02:18:06 pm »
That’s photoshopped. I was at Central on Friday and the Lobster Pot window had a great big crack in it.

Harry Kane's penalty from Qatar finally land did it?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #20370 on: July 10, 2023, 02:18:09 pm »
I think Colwill will be on his way back to Brighton part of the Caicedo deal. Thats two players Gvardiol and Caicedo along with Mac Allister and Szoboszlai that would have put us back on our perch again IMO.
yes they would but we dont have 180m lying around to buy them

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20371 on: July 10, 2023, 02:18:33 pm »
What if the ma's of Colwill and Mbappe combined?

And Rabiot. Just for a laugh

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20372 on: July 10, 2023, 02:27:02 pm »
Can't see Henderson moving anywhere this summer. Even if he did, he'll want to go to the Euros next summer so will want to stay in elite football. If his starts are limited this season he might think about moving next summer but I'd imagine he stays in England.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #20373 on: July 10, 2023, 02:27:24 pm »
Based on incredibly limited viewing, I would rather go after Colwill than Gvardiol. Total hypothetical of course.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20374 on: July 10, 2023, 02:40:35 pm »

A player can say no to a deal, Colwill could easily say to Chelsea that if they are willing to sell him to Brighton then sell him to Liverpool..

Any attempt to add him as part of a deal only strengthens our hand compared to Chelsea giving it the big promise and pay day re-sign.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20375 on: July 10, 2023, 02:43:17 pm »
@JacobsBen
Chelsea's aim is to get Colwill to sign a new deal. But even if he doesn't agree this summer, #CFC still not planning on selling. Colwill would have to drive any move if unconvinced by his game time at Chelsea.

Literally will require a transfer request. Can't see this one happening sadly. He'd be perfect.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20376 on: July 10, 2023, 02:46:57 pm »
A player can say no to a deal, Colwill could easily say to Chelsea that if they are willing to sell him to Brighton then sell him to Liverpool..

Any attempt to add him as part of a deal only strengthens our hand compared to Chelsea giving it the big promise and pay day re-sign.
and at this point, Chelsea trying to repeat the loan deal would almost be an insult to the kid.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20377 on: July 10, 2023, 02:49:42 pm »
@JacobsBen
Chelsea's aim is to get Colwill to sign a new deal. But even if he doesn't agree this summer, #CFC still not planning on selling. Colwill would have to drive any move if unconvinced by his game time at Chelsea.

Literally will require a transfer request. Can't see this one happening sadly. He'd be perfect.

I'll try again - what's the downside to a player doing that to force a move, apart from him losing a cut of the transfer fee? 

not saying that's trivial decision of course.

and -- could the buying club offset that loss by giving him a signing bonus?

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20378 on: July 10, 2023, 02:52:58 pm »
@JacobsBen

Brillant prospect & i think he will be a brillant player.
He has started just 13 PL games & played in a back 3 at Brighton.

Next season at Chelsea he will be more isolated 1v1 vs attackers so it will be much harder for him & it will really show how good he is. He does look brillant but so did Fofana for a spell & he has been awful at Chelsea

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20379 on: July 10, 2023, 02:56:17 pm »
I'll try again - what's the downside to a player doing that to force a move, apart from him losing a cut of the transfer fee? 

not saying that's trivial decision of course.

and -- could the buying club offset that loss by giving him a signing bonus?

True but you don't see it often. I do think we're waiting on him before we decide what to do next in the market.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #20380 on: July 10, 2023, 02:58:45 pm »
Lots of chat about Hendo today, mentioned elsewhere in the thread, though it's likely nonsense.
He’s training like a demon from what I’ve seen, so seems more intent on making sure he’s still very much part of our first team.

He definitely wants to do some more shuffles for us. I expect he feels written off which can only be a good thing for us.

Maybe he will ultimately go there (which would be incredibly disappointing) but I definitely don’t think it’ll be this season
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20381 on: July 10, 2023, 03:02:34 pm »
He’s training like a demon from what I’ve seen, so seems more intent on making sure he’s still very much part of our first team.

He definitely wants to do some more shuffles for us. I expect he feels written off which can only be a good thing for us.

Maybe he will ultimately go there (which would be incredibly disappointing) but I definitely don’t think it’ll be this season
Henderson is very socially consious. Im confident he will never go to Saudi.
Also being rotated this year will help him. It is not like he didnt have some good games last season as well.
Fabinho imo was far worse last season

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #20382 on: July 10, 2023, 03:04:33 pm »

We call that ‘doing a Karius’

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20383 on: July 10, 2023, 03:06:55 pm »
Chelsea have fucked up their chances of keeping Colwill when they signed Badiashile in January. No matter what Pochettino tells him, the fact remains that Fofana and Badiashile are Chelsea's starting central defenders, and they are both young ...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #20384 on: July 10, 2023, 03:09:41 pm »
Chelsea have fucked up their chances of keeping Colwill when they signed Badiashile in January. No matter what Pochettino tells him, the fact remains that Fofana and Badiashile are Chelsea's starting central defenders, and they are both young ...

They might've been their starting defenders pre-Poch, but there's no guarantee that Colwill won't be starting under him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20385 on: July 10, 2023, 03:10:07 pm »
Chelsea have fucked up their chances of keeping Colwill when the signed Badiashile in January. No matter what Pochettino tells him, the fact remains that Fofana and Badiashile are Chelsea's starting central defenders, and they are both young ...
This makes no sense.
Why is Badiashile or Fofana a guranteed starter?
You think Mudryk will be guranteed a start after he cost about 90m when they have Sterling or maybe Nkunku who will play off the left.
It is not a fact at all Badiashile & Fofana are guranteed starters Pochettino will pick who he thinks he is best CB pairing.
They just sold Koulibaly after a year. Badishile if not a starter they will just sell him next summer.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #20386 on: July 10, 2023, 03:10:28 pm »
We call that ‘doing a Karius’
:) think he’s got a little More credit in the bank
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #20387 on: July 10, 2023, 03:12:08 pm »

I agree. Those 4 players would have been nice. To be honest I’d have liked a back-up right back and cover for Salah to really be confident about next season though.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20388 on: July 10, 2023, 03:23:11 pm »
I agree. Those 4 players would have been nice. To be honest I’d have liked a back-up right back and cover for Salah to really be confident about next season though.

Szoboszlai played in Salah's position for much of last year. He is probably now the defacto RW/RF if Salah is not in the line up.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20389 on: July 10, 2023, 03:23:36 pm »
If we're convinced Colwill is the one, do you buy another lcb this summer or get a rcb this summer and wait until potentially he becomes available next summer?

Robertson isn't ideal as that lcb/lb hybrid role but I also think we could do with another rcb.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20390 on: July 10, 2023, 03:24:04 pm »
They might've been their starting defenders pre-Poch, but there's no guarantee that Colwill won't be starting under him.
This makes no sense.
Why is Badiashile or Fofana a guranteed starter?
You think Mudryk will be guranteed a start after he cost about 90m when they have Sterling or maybe Nkunku who will play off the left.
It is not a fact at all Badiashile & Fofana are guranteed starters Pochettino will pick who he thinks he is best CB pairing.
They just sold Koulibaly after a year. Badishile if not a starter they will just sell him next summer.

You don't watch much of Chelsea, don't you? Badiashile was one of the few good Chelsea players last season. If they drop him to the bench, he will be gone before the end of August. He hasn't joined Chelsea to be a squad player ...

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20391 on: July 10, 2023, 03:28:00 pm »
You don't watch much of Chelsea, don't you? Badiashile was one of the few good Chelsea players last season. If they drop him to the bench, he will be gone before the end of August. He hasn't joined Chelsea to be a squad player ...
I know he has been good for them. But if Poch rates Colwill higher he will start ahead of him. Then down to him to fight for his place.
Then he will look to move of not back in the side in Jnauary or next summer. But who know Chelsea may play 3 at the back. It is all up in the air atm.
Just dont know why you are so sure of how Chelsea will line up next season.
No one saw Alderweireld being dropped at Spurs under Poch.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #20392 on: July 10, 2023, 03:28:38 pm »

Ok, so they potentially lose someone else who isn't as good as Colwill?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #20393 on: July 10, 2023, 03:31:31 pm »
So Colwil has zero chance of displacing Badiashile, but hes also a great choice to take over from VVD?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20394 on: July 10, 2023, 03:34:11 pm »
So Colwil has zero chance of displacing Badiashile, but hes also a great choice to take over from VVD?
it's short-term replacement in Chelsea's case, for us it's long-term.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20395 on: July 10, 2023, 03:38:17 pm »
Big Jorg is  pictured at Axa today.   ;D

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20396 on: July 10, 2023, 03:43:49 pm »

Or he might stay and fight for his place? Or they could drop Fofana who was shite for them from what I seen.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20397 on: July 10, 2023, 03:51:16 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20398 on: July 10, 2023, 03:53:47 pm »
Big Jorg is  pictured at Axa today.   ;D

Isn’t the fucker meant to be in Germany doing deals? Not on a jolly in Kirkby.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20399 on: July 10, 2023, 03:56:37 pm »
Trust me Kirkby isn't the place for a jolly up these days.  ;D