Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3249597 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #20400 on: July 10, 2023, 03:59:03 pm »
 ;D

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #20401 on: July 10, 2023, 04:03:47 pm »
Trust me Kirkby isn't the place for a jolly up these days.  ;D
These days? It never was 🙂

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #20402 on: July 10, 2023, 04:05:24 pm »
There's an awful lot of people who are very sure how we're going to play this season.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #20403 on: July 10, 2023, 04:06:11 pm »
There's an awful lot of people who are very sure how we're going to play this season.

Makes sense to continue with the way we played last season, and the two buys so far and other players we're targeting all point towards it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20404 on: July 10, 2023, 04:07:39 pm »
Talks are ongoing with Roméo Lavia however there's no agreement with Southampton, Liverpool would like to do a deal but they don't want to pay £50m so it's at a bit of an impasse. [ @neiljonesgoal Via @empireofthekop]

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20405 on: July 10, 2023, 04:08:38 pm »
I can’t see Chelsea wanting to help us rebuild our defence. Colwill has two years left. They will offer him a new deal. If he refuses, and even if he tells them he wants to move to Liverpool, I can’t see Chelsea doing business with us on this one.

I might be wrong, but I think it is the start of a new day for them. They have been mismanaged and recruitment has been scattergun. Poch will add some direction to all that. I can’t for he life of me see Poch approving the sale of Colwill.

I think it’s a slow burn. Two years to go on his Chelsea deal, and anything can happen in that time.

I’m sure we want the player, but Chelsea have the upper hand if they want to keep him.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20406 on: July 10, 2023, 04:09:03 pm »
fine with me.  as long as they are people actually employed by LFC of course.

as opposed to ppl who have convinced themselves they know as much as / more than them.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20407 on: July 10, 2023, 04:10:15 pm »
Isn’t the fucker meant to be in Germany doing deals? Not on a jolly in Kirkby.

Chelsea are near London mate.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20408 on: July 10, 2023, 04:16:04 pm »

He’s sorting the Tom Davies move out as our third midfielder before swiftly looking to bring in Yerry Mina as our new centre back.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20409 on: July 10, 2023, 04:17:02 pm »

Unless i've misread that, why are we briefing that we're talking to a player if we're at an impasse with the club over a transfer fee? Haven't we gotten into trouble with Southampton before over that (and then ended up paying more down the line).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #20410 on: July 10, 2023, 04:19:36 pm »

They're just repeating the same thing that was said over a week ago now.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #20411 on: July 10, 2023, 04:25:09 pm »
They're just repeating the same thing that was said over a week ago now.
Why, What did they say a week ago mate?

Spoiler
🤣
[close]

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20412 on: July 10, 2023, 04:26:49 pm »

Easy to get to Southampton and London from Liverpool mate.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #20413 on: July 10, 2023, 04:30:25 pm »
I don’t understand why people think that Chelsea will sell Colwill to a champions league rival.
Somehow even if they do then it would be silly money, like £50million plus on a player classed as potential. Paying world class prices for a young potential only player is not us. So this is just not happening. Same applies to Lavia

How do we know he Colwill is not going to be another Ben Godfrey or Steven Caulker? And Lavia turns into another Renato Sanches or Royston Drenthe or Dele Alli?

Again what makes people think he Colwill will walk in to our team ahead of VVD or Konate as centre back? If he wants guarantees an first team at Chelsea, he definitely isn’t getting that here.

I think we are more likely to go for someone Bella Kotchap because hes probably about half that price.
Still to be persuaded how we are going to sign either of Colwill or Lavia. Reckon its all just our name being chucked in by players, press , agents and clubs to drum up publicity and price. Aint happening.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #20414 on: July 10, 2023, 04:34:05 pm »
I reckon he won't want another loan.
He won’t , but might be the best choice

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20415 on: July 10, 2023, 04:34:28 pm »
I don’t understand why people think that Chelsea will sell Colwill to a champions league rival.
Somehow even if they do then it would be silly money, like £50million plus on a player classed as potential. Paying world class prices for a young potential only player is not us. So this is just not happening. Same applies to Lavia

How do we know he Colwill is not going to be another Ben Godfrey or Steven Caulker? And Lavia turns into another Renato Sanches or Royston Drenthe or Dele Alli?

Again what makes people think he Colwill will walk in to our team ahead of VVD or Konate as centre back? If he wants guarantees an first team at Chelsea, he definitely isn’t getting that here.

I think we are more likely to go for someone Bella Kotchap because hes probably about half that price.
Still to be persuaded how we are going to sign either of Colwill or Lavia. Reckon its all just our name being chucked in by players, press , agents and clubs to drum up publicity and price. Aint happening.

Sure they have sold to City, Arsenal, Utd this summer.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #20416 on: July 10, 2023, 04:37:58 pm »
Sure they have sold to City, Arsenal, Utd this summer.
City are guaranteed top 4. Arsenal and Utd paid stupid money as I said before.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20417 on: July 10, 2023, 04:48:42 pm »

Mount 55m and Havertz 65m isn’t stupid money.

The key is all the players Chelsea have sold have asked to leave. If a player wants to leave then it seems like Chelsea will sell hence todays reports that he will have to ask to leave.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #20418 on: July 10, 2023, 04:56:42 pm »
Mount 55m and Havertz 65m isn’t stupid money.

The key is all the players Chelsea have sold have asked to leave. If a player wants to leave then it seems like Chelsea will sell hence todays reports that he will have to ask to leave.

Any Chelsea fan or anyone who has watched Kai Havertz would tell you he was a big flop. I think they paid about £80 million for him and to get back a good £65million was because Arsenal paid the premium for being a rival.
Mason Mount, clubs were offering around £40million. United had to increase it to £65million because again they paid the rival premium.

No denying that.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20419 on: July 10, 2023, 05:08:10 pm »
Arsenal buying Havertz and Saudi buying their deadwood on big salaries has just helped them massively. They were clever using Saudi because no one in Europe was paying a fee and those wages for those players that have gone there.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20420 on: July 10, 2023, 05:10:29 pm »
Arsenal buying Havertz and Saudi buying their deadwood on big salaries has just helped them massively. They were clever using Saudi because no one in Europe was paying a fee and those wages for those players that have gone there.

Maybe, because Chelsea are partly owned by Saudi’s.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20421 on: July 10, 2023, 05:11:06 pm »
Maybe, because Chelsea are partly owned by Saudi’s.

I mean that's a given.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20422 on: July 10, 2023, 05:12:32 pm »
Any Chelsea fan or anyone who has watched Kai Havertz would tell you he was a big flop. I think they paid about £80 million for him and to get back a good £65million was because Arsenal paid the premium for being a rival.
Mason Mount, clubs were offering around £40million. United had to increase it to £65million because again they paid the rival premium.

No denying that.

Look, a team that has spent 600m in less than a year isn’t going to be worried if players want to leave or certainly a young player. If he asks to leave they will let him go.

They haven’t really started to spend again Chelsea but they will and players that are there today might be even further down the order by the end of the month.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 05:14:49 pm by Fordy »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20423 on: July 10, 2023, 05:17:05 pm »
You don't watch much of Chelsea, don't you? Badiashile was one of the few good Chelsea players last season. If they drop him to the bench, he will be gone before the end of August. He hasn't joined Chelsea to be a squad player ...

Just want to check if it's the same Badiashile that spent 9 of the 19 of the games he was available on the bench after joining them? Or is there another Badiashile that played in every game?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20424 on: July 10, 2023, 05:25:19 pm »
Just want to check if it's the same Badiashile that spent 9 of the 19 of the games he was available on the bench after joining them? Or is there another Badiashile that played in every game?

probably like 42m Fabinho sat on our bench for a few games after joining.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #20425 on: July 10, 2023, 05:26:42 pm »
Look, a team that has spent 600m in less than a year isn’t going to be worried if players want to leave or certainly a young player. If he asks to leave they will let him go.

They haven’t really started to spend again Chelsea but they will and players that are there today might be even further down the order by the end of the month.

Ok I did say Chelsea wont sell to a direct rival unless offered silly money. The other few points why Colwill aint happening are still valid points which very hard to counter. Reckon there are better options out there too.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #20426 on: July 10, 2023, 05:42:32 pm »
On a side point. I cannot believe Baba Rahman is still there.  :o

I think hes played 10 games in 10 years. One of footballs biggest ever mysteries.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20427 on: July 10, 2023, 05:56:29 pm »

I think the way finances are they have no choice but to sell to PL clubd if they need money in.

There options are PL Saudi or Madrid.

Havertz Mount were defo not going Saudi nor should anyone with ambition.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20428 on: July 10, 2023, 05:58:00 pm »
a big few weeks ahead.  Plus hopefully a few more signings - I am sure there maybe 1/2  surprises in transfer market in & out

starting tomorrow  with all the internationals.

Hopefully we can keep everyone fit as we prepare for Chelsea match.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20429 on: July 10, 2023, 06:08:11 pm »
I'll be honest, I'd barely heard of Colwill a few weeks back, and now some of you are acting like he's the reincarnation of Bobby Moore.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #20430 on: July 10, 2023, 06:15:10 pm »
Why, What did they say a week ago mate?

Spoiler
🤣
[close]

;D

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20431 on: July 10, 2023, 06:16:26 pm »
Where’s that itk guy who got big dom nailed

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20432 on: July 10, 2023, 06:16:39 pm »
I'll be honest, I'd barely heard of Colwill a few weeks back, and now some of you are acting like he's the reincarnation of Bobby Moore.

Seems to be on a similar trajectory to Ben White. A successful loan in The Championship followed by a good season at Brighton and then in the team for a top London club who are out of Europe.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20433 on: July 10, 2023, 06:22:58 pm »

He was immense against us last season, so yeah not exactly some unknown from a random league.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20434 on: July 10, 2023, 06:23:26 pm »
Seems to be on a similar trajectory to Ben White. A successful loan in The Championship followed by a good season at Brighton and then in the team for a top London club who are out of Europe.
I'm not suggesting he's a bad player, but it's incredible how a player with so little top level experience, is now being compared to Virgil van Dijk!

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20435 on: July 10, 2023, 06:28:38 pm »
I'm not suggesting he's a bad player, but it's incredible how a player with so little top level experience, is now being compared to Virgil van Dijk!

I've seen very little of him to judge but if we really want him he must have been well scouted. I remember similar comments here when we were tentatively linked with White (and he went to Arsenal).

I wouldn't majorly look at White as one that got away, even if we were close to sign him. It's a reality that you have to pay a big premium for these homegrown players and Chelsea would be a nightmare to deal with. They were happy to sell to Arsenal and United but they wouldn't with us (partly due to having that money in). City last year happy to sell to Arsenal and Chelsea but I bet they wouldn't have sold them to us.

Lavia is another we'll have to pay a premium for and are unwilling to do so. With Colwill that's only half the battle as getting them willing to sell in the first place is one thing.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:30:46 pm by Fromola »

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20436 on: July 10, 2023, 06:39:44 pm »
You don't watch much of Chelsea, don't you? Badiashile was one of the few good Chelsea players last season. If they drop him to the bench, he will be gone before the end of August. He hasn't joined Chelsea to be a squad player ...

You must be unaware with the fact that he sustained a serious injury at the end of last season and will miss the start of next. Plenty of incentive to stay and fight for his place unfortunately.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20437 on: July 10, 2023, 06:39:57 pm »

He’s 20, VVD had little top experience at that age also.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #20438 on: July 10, 2023, 06:53:04 pm »

As someone who watched Colwill all last season, I’d describe him as the perfect understudy to VVD/Matip, who from the off would help deliver clean sheets when called upon in PL games.

Next season a club is going to benefit from his qualities.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:03:10 pm by LifelongRed,Sussex »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20439 on: July 10, 2023, 07:16:21 pm »
He was immense against us last season, so yeah not exactly some unknown from a random league.

Ah, so he's the new Billy Gilmour.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.