Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Get out of our country yer gang of fucking bellends. TORIES OUT!  (Read 1350988 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: The Conservative Party. Have actually wrecked the country and everything in it
« Reply #20960 on: December 21, 2022, 03:33:57 pm »
Can anyone explain the Rwanda deal for asylum seekers to me please?

Do they need to go through the legal process for each individual case or are they taken straight off the boats to a plane?

I keep seeing all the crap about so many being placed in hotels and the cost of doing this so wouldn't it make more financial sense to spend it on processing their cases quicker and getting them settled properly than just sending them to hotels and virtually forgetting about them?

Does anyone know on average how long it takes for the applications to be dealt with and their cases heard? 

Or do they not even go through a court process?

We never seem to hear the other side of these things.

Like everything with this shitcake of a government, the entire asylum/migrant processing system is underfunded and short-staffed. So there's huge backlogs.

The problem is exacerbated by a substantial proportion of people entering the country and claiming asylum are not meeting the criteria for genuine refugees. And
 they know it. Anecdotally, many of these 'lose' their passports/identity papers before getting to the UK, and claim to be from a different country.

I stress that this isn't me blaming anybody for seeking a decent standard of living, given the rank inequality of wealth and opportunity across different countries/regions.

But 'economic migrants' claiming asylum do mean that the whole asylum system is discredited in the eyes of a lot of people, and that has led to a reducing level of sympathy with asylum seekers generally.

As experts have repeatedly said, there needs to be system of having a route whereby people can enter the UK and claim either asylum or apply to stay for other reasons. This would end almost all of the deadly boat crossings.

People using this hypothetical 'legitimate' method of entry then need to be rewarded with a greater opportunity to stay - especially those with their ID papers to help more quickly process their application - over those that seek a clandestine entry.

In theory, I'd want people who enter the country in this way to be housed in immigration centres. Not the half-derelict, pest-ridden shitholes that the outsource companies like Serco, G4S, Mitie, etc, who just want to maximise profit. But decent facilities where people can learn/improve their English and prepare for entry exams and British 'culture', whilst in safe, warm accomodation with food. If you were a family genuinely fleeing persecution, you'd surely welcome such a facility.

In reality, there are a number of major problems with this.

1) If you create an open route for migrants to enter the UK before having their applications to stay assessed, the system would soon be flooded, as a serious barrier to people entering the UK is removed (ie, the peril of a dinghy voyage across 20-odd miles of cold sea around some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world)

2) As we've seen, it's difficult to keep people safe in migrant processing centres. The majority of migrants into the UK are men aged between 15 and 30. They also know they're unlikely to secure asylum status, so have no will to remain and be compliant.

I don't know what the answer is. But it's a certainty that the government don't want to make anything easy, so that it acts as a discouragement to prospective migrants.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Conservative Party. Have actually wrecked the country and everything in it
« Reply #20961 on: December 21, 2022, 03:55:13 pm »
^^

I assume by economic migrants you mean people wanting to emigrate for work purposes, similar to how many Brits emigrate to Australia, America or even Europe?

I also assume that unlike the UK they don't have the means to apply to emigrate here from their own country?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20962 on: December 21, 2022, 04:15:23 pm »
Don't think you have to look further than Patel+Braverman to understand why the boat crossings have exploded over the last 2 yrs. this was happening before they took over as HS but nothing like the scale we see today.  everything messed up from start to finish.
Seems their fans admire nasty spiteful words more than anything. the fact they make things far worse doesn't seem to bother them. more nasty the better.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #20963 on: December 21, 2022, 04:53:11 pm »
^^

I assume by economic migrants you mean people wanting to emigrate for work purposes, similar to how many Brits emigrate to Australia, America or even Europe?

I also assume that unlike the UK they don't have the means to apply to emigrate here from their own country?

If you, me or prettymuch any other Brit (or French person or German, etc) simply turned up in Australia or the USA with no job, no work visa, etc, then you wouldn't be allowed to stay.

The language used in this whole debate can be fraught with tripwires. I've just tried to use neutral language.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20964 on: December 21, 2022, 04:53:35 pm »
^^

That racist Braverman was asked this question in some committee the other week, it was a Tory MP trying to find out how someone from such a place applies and she just bumbled some bullshit about filling in forms once here, he pointed out they can't come here legally.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2022/nov/23/suella-braverman-appears-unsure-about-how-an-asylum-seeker-can-apply-to-enter-the-uk-video
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 04:55:32 pm by robbed1966kidsbikesoffsanta »
Jurgen YNWA

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20965 on: December 21, 2022, 05:03:10 pm »

If you, me or prettymuch any other Brit (or French person or German, etc) simply turned up in Australia or the USA with no job, no work visa, etc, then you wouldn't be allowed to stay.

The language used in this whole debate can be fraught with tripwires. I've just tried to use neutral language.

That's what I meant though.

If we wanted to emigrate we either find a job and apply for visas before moving or go on a tourist visa and find work whilst there and then apply for work permits.

So I'm assuming that people wanting to do the same to come here don't have access to that option, either because we don't offer it or the process is too costly or complicated in their own country?

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20966 on: December 21, 2022, 05:07:07 pm »
That racist Braverman was asked this question in some committee the other week, it was a Tory MP trying to find out how someone from such a place applies and she just bumbled some bullshit about filling in forms once here, he pointed out they can't come here legally.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2022/nov/23/suella-braverman-appears-unsure-about-how-an-asylum-seeker-can-apply-to-enter-the-uk-video

Nobody seems to know and nobody wants to explain how it works either as that would entail someone taking responsibility and being accountable.

Like I said earlier, it's like they want the situation to be a shambles so they can point their blame fingers at them and say it's their fault.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20967 on: December 21, 2022, 05:11:30 pm »
The Tories are only in it for the grift.

I said before, Brexit was the worst outcome for them - they're like the dog chasing cars who finally caught one. It was far easier to be in the EU and bitch from the sidelines rather than taking responsibility, so now they're looking for scapegoats. Immigrants are the target of choice.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20968 on: December 21, 2022, 05:33:07 pm »
Nobody seems to know and nobody wants to explain how it works either as that would entail someone taking responsibility and being accountable.

Like I said earlier, it's like they want the situation to be a shambles so they can point their blame fingers at them and say it's their fault.

Of course they do.  They always need someone to blame, something to stoke fear and anger.  They have nothing without it.

As RB says above, they are only in politics for themselves - to get as much cash (or other benefits) out of the public purse as possible, for their own (or friends/donors) personal gain.  They absolutely could not care less about anything else.

Once you understand this, then everything they do makes complete sense.

This applies to both local and national politics. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 05:38:51 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20969 on: December 21, 2022, 05:38:25 pm »
Of course they do.  They always need someone to blame, something to stoke fear and anger.  They have nothing without it.

As RB says above, they are only in politics for themselves - to get as much cash (or other benefits) out of the public purse as possible, for their own (or friends/donors) personal gain.  They absolutely could not care less about anything else.

Once you understand this, then everything they do makes complete sense.

Oh I understand it mate, it's just a pity that most of the country don't.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20970 on: December 21, 2022, 10:17:37 pm »
Steve Barclay really is a horrible, disgusting, ugly little incompetent piece of shit.

The absolute epitome of this government and their failure to ever take any responsibility. Stupid c*nt.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #20971 on: December 21, 2022, 10:24:24 pm »
Steve Barclay really is a horrible, disgusting, ugly little incompetent piece of shit.

The absolute epitome of this government and their failure to ever take any responsibility. Stupid c*nt.

Krishnan Guru-Murthy was spot on when he called Barclay a c*nt.
#Sausages

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20972 on: December 21, 2022, 10:57:50 pm »
Krishnan Guru-Murthy was spot on when he called Barclay a c*nt.

It was Baker he called a c*nt - they all are.

Barclay and Sunak have made a choice. Their choice is that if people die in this strike, people will blame Labour and they’ll reap electoral goals. That’s what they’re doing. Hope they get hit by a bus.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20973 on: December 23, 2022, 04:56:26 pm »
It was Baker he called a c*nt - they all are.

Barclay and Sunak have made a choice. Their choice is that if people die in this strike, people will blame Labour and they’ll reap electoral goals. That’s what they’re doing. Hope they get hit by a bus.
Why would it be anything to do with Labour?, didn't their Lord of the Realm leader sack an MP for showing solidarity on a picket line?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20974 on: December 23, 2022, 06:20:44 pm »
It's frustrating that Labour have to be whiter than fecking white most elections, whilst this shower of proven corrupt, incompetent cnuts too often just breeze into fecking power off the back of the slightest error made by the other side.

Popcorn's Art

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20975 on: December 23, 2022, 10:00:56 pm »
I met me ma today, not seen her in a bit, I live abroad. We were watching telly, homeless ad on. Both agreed it’s terrible and we should do more and get out there and help, then, “if all these imagrants weren’t coming all the time we could” I asked to explain the link between homelessness and immigrants, she said well there’s loads near where your brother lives and they are coming in dinghies accross the channel and if we cant look after our selves we shouldnt look after them we should look after our own first. Sigh. Think I’m getting through to her who is in charge, but I don’t know, its the norm thinking isn’t it? Christ.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 08:53:20 am by red1977 »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20976 on: December 23, 2022, 10:10:41 pm »
It's frustrating that Labour have to be whiter than fecking white most elections, whilst this shower of proven corrupt, incompetent cnuts too often just breeze into fecking power off the back of the slightest error made by the other side.

Never mind whiter than white. We are where we are because of a bacon sandwich.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20977 on: December 23, 2022, 10:11:00 pm »
I met me ma today, not seen her in a bit, I live abroad. We were watching telly, homeless ad on. Both agreed it’s terrible and we should do more and get out there and help, then, “if all these imagrants weren’t coming all the time we could” I asked to explain the link between homelessness and immigrants, she said well there’s loads near where your brother lives and they are coming in dinghies accross the channel and if we cant look after our selves we shouldnt look after them we should look after our own first. Sigh. Think I’m getting through to her who is in charge, but I don’t know its the norm thinking isn’t it? Christ.
Propaganda and media narratives work, why admit government culpability on things like homelessness and poverty, when you can just blame everything on a small number of people desperately crossing the English Channel in search of a better life for their families?

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20978 on: December 23, 2022, 10:21:16 pm »
Propaganda and media narratives work, why admit government culpability on things like homelessness and poverty, when you can just blame everything on a small number of people desperately crossing the English Channel in search of a better life for their families?

I know mate. I’m not giving up until she sees it, but the news has more time with her than I do. And dinghies is flavour of the month. I guess there’s massive buy in accross the board. It is propaganda.  c*nts.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 10:25:45 pm by red1977 »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20979 on: December 23, 2022, 11:05:10 pm »
Why would it be anything to do with Labour?, didn't their Lord of the Realm leader sack an MP for showing solidarity on a picket line?

Which Lord of the Realm are you talking about?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20980 on: December 23, 2022, 11:15:27 pm »
No he didn't actually FD mate. If you want background to Labour MP's standing on picket lines find a podcast Alan Jonson did a few months ago or just read any of Oldfordies posts :)

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20981 on: December 24, 2022, 09:58:11 am »
https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1606223981131939840?t=P6ooBHxMzBIi56jGBB9rjA&s=19

"Real wages are below where they were 18 years ago. There has not been a single year since austerity began when the average wage has matched the peak under the last Labour government."

Great thread on how poor we have become as a country vs our peers, we all feel it yet it seems so many in this country want to ignore it and blame it on factors beyond the obvious- the Tory policies of the last 12 years have decimated us

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #20982 on: December 24, 2022, 10:25:56 am »
I know mate. I’m not giving up until she sees it, but the news has more time with her than I do. And dinghies is flavour of the month. I guess there’s massive buy in accross the board. It is propaganda.  c*nts.

Some of the language she uses - as you say about dinghies - but I can see the logic to an extent around helping ourselves first. It doesn't come from a place of hate for immigrants and is the same logic as putting someone else's oxygen mask on first but it obviously doesn't address the issue properly and doesn't reflect the desperation of people's situation when they come over.

I'd find someone with your mum's views though much more understandable and acceptable than those of the ERG persuasion

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #20983 on: December 24, 2022, 10:44:20 am »

That c*nt Zahawi at it again, literally blaming Labour for the rail strikes, the RMT aren't even affiliated to Labour but that doesn't stop him pedalling the lies.

Have I missed something here or have the Tories not actually been in power since 2020. This is all on him and his ilk.

I fucking hate these c*nts with a passion
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #20984 on: December 24, 2022, 10:53:22 am »
https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1606223981131939840?t=P6ooBHxMzBIi56jGBB9rjA&s=19

"Real wages are below where they were 18 years ago. There has not been a single year since austerity began when the average wage has matched the peak under the last Labour government."

Great thread on how poor we have become as a country vs our peers, we all feel it yet it seems so many in this country want to ignore it and blame it on factors beyond the obvious- the Tory policies of the last 12 years have decimated us
never should the line "they are all the same" be uttered again when the evidence is clearly to the contrary. We've said it all along, austerity was always an ideological decision by Cameron and George Gideon Oliver Osborne, son of Sir Peter Osborne, 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon and Felicity Alexandra Loxton-Peacock, educated at St. Paul's and Magdalen College, Oxford and they successfully blamed Gordon Brown for the economic crash and used that as an excuse for having to bring in austerity and all the deliberate underinvestment that goes along with it.

It was not a necessity, in fact it was the total opposite of what the country needed at the time and 12 years later is the result with chaos reigning supreme
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20985 on: December 24, 2022, 11:20:44 am »
Awe bless them they're now conspiring with bosses to come up with a plan to entice retired over 50s back to work to boost the economy and fill vacancies.

There isn't a plan in existence that a Tory, nor business bosses could conjure up to make it worthwhile.

Maybe try treating your workforce like human beings and pay them what they're worth 'to boost your business' and you might have a starting point.

You never know, you might even get some of those worthless under 50s off their backsides to do some work!!  (That's a rhetorical joke btw).

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #20986 on: December 24, 2022, 12:15:12 pm »

'Sunak asks a homeless man in a homeless shelter whether he "works in business", then proceeds to talk about the financial services industry. Utterly bizarre':-

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1606600685855903744 - a 90 second video from ITV News; Sunak doing a press op thing serving food to people at a foodbank.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20987 on: December 24, 2022, 01:51:06 pm »
'Sunak asks a homeless man in a homeless shelter whether he "works in business", then proceeds to talk about the financial services industry. Utterly bizarre':-

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1606600685855903744 - a 90 second video from ITV News; Sunak doing a press op thing serving food to people at a foodbank.

A man of the people eh.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #20988 on: December 24, 2022, 02:11:27 pm »
A man of the people eh.

"Quick Rishi, think of a real job that real people do"

"Finance?"
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20989 on: December 24, 2022, 02:18:09 pm »
It's a human experience, not quite knowing what to say to someone who is going through a rough time, you want to help but sometimes there's just no helping and the best you can do is try not to make their situation worse.

I'm sure the homeless fella has experienced the awkwardness people create for him before, and showed real tact and class giving Sunak an out in the conversation. He was looking for temporary accommodation, so doesn't have a permanent address so is less likely to vote. Don't really think it was the time or place for Sunak to be breaking out the Tory business spiel.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20990 on: December 24, 2022, 02:40:30 pm »
They're so detached from everyday reality that it's frightening.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20991 on: December 24, 2022, 02:41:30 pm »

I clicked the link and clicked the video to enable the sound. Two seconds in, I had to stop the video due to the anticipation of extreme cringe. I might try again later, but I think I probably should not.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20992 on: December 24, 2022, 03:04:25 pm »
It's a human experience, not quite knowing what to say to someone who is going through a rough time, you want to help but sometimes there's just no helping and the best you can do is try not to make their situation worse.

Generally this is true except of course in this situation as PM he is the one person who has the power to help the most.  But why would he, given his government has driven the policies that have directly led to the growth of homelessness?

The fact he resorts to filling time by talking absolute bollix given the situation says it all about him and his government.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Why do the Conservative Party hate the UK and it's people so much?
« Reply #20993 on: December 24, 2022, 03:41:42 pm »

That c*nt Zahawi at it again, literally blaming Labour for the rail strikes, the RMT aren't even affiliated to Labour but that doesn't stop him pedalling the lies.

Have I missed something here or have the Tories not actually been in power since 2020. This is all on him and his ilk.

I fucking hate these c*nts with a passion

If anyone falls for that then you have to admit they'd have to be pretty fucking thick.

Mind you, that sums up Tory voters, Brexiters and all those wankers that voted for UKIP.

Fucking brain dead the lot of them. Couldn't imagine having family that believed any of that shite. Must be pretty embarrasing.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #20994 on: December 24, 2022, 04:08:32 pm »
There was an article on the beeb the other day about a project in Watford that seems to be really successful in getting people off the street.  The kind of different approach looking at the needs and the situations of the homeless. Particularly understanding that getting off the streets is a process and there will be setbacks, rather than just abandoning people when they relapse.  It only scratched the surface , but it looked like there might be genuine paths to help people off the street.  OBvs we also need to address why they end up there in the first place, bit good to see inroads are being made.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20995 on: December 24, 2022, 04:22:59 pm »
There was an article on the beeb the other day about a project in Watford that seems to be really successful in getting people off the street.  The kind of different approach looking at the needs and the situations of the homeless. Particularly understanding that getting off the streets is a process and there will be setbacks, rather than just abandoning people when they relapse.  It only scratched the surface , but it looked like there might be genuine paths to help people off the street.  OBvs we also need to address why they end up there in the first place, bit good to see inroads are being made.

Don’t think most if any ‘relapse’ into homelessness.  It’s not an addiction, although same can be a contributing factor for some.

Causes?

https://england.shelter.org.uk/support_us/campaigns/what_causes_homelessness

https://homeless.org.uk/knowledge-hub/what-causes-homelessness/

https://www.bigissue.com/news/housing/what-is-the-main-cause-of-homelessness/

https://www.crisis.org.uk/ending-homelessness/about-homelessness/

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #20996 on: December 24, 2022, 04:34:52 pm »
Don’t think most if any ‘relapse’ into homelessness.  It’s not an addiction, although same can be a contributing factor for some.

Causes?

https://england.shelter.org.uk/support_us/campaigns/what_causes_homelessness

https://homeless.org.uk/knowledge-hub/what-causes-homelessness/

https://www.bigissue.com/news/housing/what-is-the-main-cause-of-homelessness/

https://www.crisis.org.uk/ending-homelessness/about-homelessness/

No . Agreed. I think they were saying there's a fair amount of substance abuse. Normally if a client relapses, they are out on their arse. But here they understand it's a step backwards and they are offered help in line with that step. I'm no expert and there wasn't much detail. But it appears to be helping .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20997 on: December 25, 2022, 11:43:45 am »
Hope you have a Fucking awful Christmas each and every one of you Tory c*nts :wave
Jurgen YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20998 on: December 25, 2022, 01:36:21 pm »
Tories. Always the victims, never their fault.

Popcorn's Art

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20999 on: December 25, 2022, 02:15:54 pm »

Think it shows just how phoney Sunak is, he didn't even bother to give much thought to the struggles homeless people face, just come out with something off the top of his head without thinking. all about the optics, looking as though he cares when he doesn't give a shit.
Sunak was lucky, man treated him with respect when he didn't deserve it.
 Imagine anyone else saying this to someone standing in line for for food in a homeless shelter.
"Are you in Business"
(A) Are you taking the piss m8 or what.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?