Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Get out of our country yer gang of fucking bellends. TORIES OUT!  (Read 1351100 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: The Conservative Party. Have actually wrecked the country and everything in it
« Reply #20800 on: December 14, 2022, 10:47:16 pm »
Apologies if already posted - just gonna leave this here. I messaged Pie recently saying how incredibly awesome yet simultaneously sad it is that a fictional character of his creation has become the most accurate mouthpiece possible to reflect British society and that he's gone past satire into visceral documentary. Truer than the most ball-aching truth imaginable. Just bloody brilliant.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gljtvwhcdhc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Gljtvwhcdhc</a>

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Conservative Party. Have actually wrecked the country and everything in it
« Reply #20801 on: December 14, 2022, 11:16:44 pm »
Pie is always on form, but that's superlative and spot on.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20802 on: December 14, 2022, 11:29:40 pm »
Pie is always on form, but that's superlative and spot on.
He gets better with each one. It's intimidatingly good.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20803 on: December 15, 2022, 01:49:52 am »
He’s ace

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20804 on: December 15, 2022, 02:51:15 am »
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has been paid £1 million for speeches since leaving office  :wanker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63975286

What a c*nt. Much of it tax free no doubt.
Truss and the other fella have now admitted how clueless they were with their budget that cost the country more than Covid - And now we have Rishi, a fucking billionaire, a man that couldn’t  spend his money if he had a thousand years, a man who has absolutely no idea how  ordinary people live.
And loads will still vote Tory  :butt

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #20805 on: December 15, 2022, 07:29:47 am »
Apologies if already posted - just gonna leave this here. I messaged Pie recently saying how incredibly awesome yet simultaneously sad it is that a fictional character of his creation has become the most accurate mouthpiece possible to reflect British society and that he's gone past satire into visceral documentary. Truer than the most ball-aching truth imaginable. Just bloody brilliant.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gljtvwhcdhc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Gljtvwhcdhc</a>

What he is saying there shouldn't even be controversial - this isn't a subjective matter anymore, the amounts lost are objective, they are facts, and as he says it is also a fact that that lost money would end the strikes tomorrow if it hadn't been squandered.

Fucking fuckwits running the show

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20806 on: December 15, 2022, 08:23:16 am »
You can trace the current shitshow back to Cameron and his attempts to placate a faction of the Tories with an EU Referendum, it's all snowballed from that, from 2010-2015 they were really just a normal Tory government, fuck the poor/help the rich, but since the EU/Brexit coup they've made no attempt to hide the corruption and disdain for the working classes, like Spinal Tap, they've turned their complete cuntness up to 11.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20807 on: December 15, 2022, 08:38:03 am »
You can trace the current shitshow back to Cameron and his attempts to placate a faction of the Tories with an EU Referendum, it's all snowballed from that, from 2010-2015 they were really just a normal Tory government, fuck the poor/help the rich, but since the EU/Brexit coup they've made no attempt to hide the corruption and disdain for the working classes, like Spinal Tap, they've turned their complete cuntness up to 11.
I'd say it goes far further back than that, Flaccid. Thatcher's anti-EU (or, anti-EEC, as it was known at the time) rhetoric started the downward spiral, which was subsequently used by Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson (and similar types) as a clarion call, but purely to increase his (and their) public profile(s). The difference being, though, it was mostly negotiating tactics by Thatcher in her discussions with the EEC to gain advantage. However, she started this dangerous game - I know there were other voices against the EU before her, but she amplified this and made it more widely acceptable within the Tory Party. There's been more than forty years of this irresponsible shite - it is only a wonder that it took so long before the damn eventually burst and for the UK to end up as a washed-up, has-been power. The UK will never fully recover from this, even if rejoined the EU tomorrow. And there are still huge numbers of people who will vote Tory (and for those on the left with similar flaky ideas about the EU, NATO, etc.). Fuck 'em all.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 08:53:51 am by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20808 on: December 15, 2022, 08:49:14 am »

Fucking brilliant and yet fucking horrendous.

These fucking c*nts need putting against a wall and shooting, they are evil beyond belief.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20809 on: December 15, 2022, 09:06:20 am »
My mother was a shop steward for CoHSE in the 70s and early 80s. Imagine being that in Liverpool in Thatcher's Britain?! I showed her this clip. Response? "I'd go on picket lines on my days off - there's no excuse for neglecting patients."

I just shook my head and said, "Bigger picture. Who's neglecting the entire British economy now? Did you not listen to what Pie said?"

It's like a switch has gone off - how is it that so many people can just swallow the right wing media propaganda?! Who did more damage to this nation - Thatcher or Murdoch? And it just seems to be getting worse.....  :o

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20810 on: December 15, 2022, 09:37:44 am »
My mother was a shop steward for CoHSE in the 70s and early 80s. Imagine being that in Liverpool in Thatcher's Britain?! I showed her this clip. Response? "I'd go on picket lines on my days off - there's no excuse for neglecting patients."

I just shook my head and said, "Bigger picture. Who's neglecting the entire British economy now? Did you not listen to what Pie said?"

It's like a switch has gone off - how is it that so many people can just swallow the right wing media propaganda?! Who did more damage to this nation - Thatcher or Murdoch? And it just seems to be getting worse.....  :o

They've turned the country on its head. The Tories are claiming it'll cost what, £10 billion, which we know can be ripped apart anyway, when you factor in Income Tax, NI, money being spent in shops etc, yet Kwarteng/Truss cost the UK economy that in a fortnight and no-one seems to be paying attention to that As Pie said, when you add his figures up, its over £100 billion damage they have done in the past 6 years.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20811 on: December 15, 2022, 09:38:41 am »
What he is saying there shouldn't even be controversial - this isn't a subjective matter anymore, the amounts lost are objective, they are facts, and as he says it is also a fact that that lost money would end the strikes tomorrow if it hadn't been squandered.

Fucking fuckwits running the show

They don't view as squandered though. Its lined their pockets and their backers so money well spent.
They don't use the services it would have paid for and it all comes out of our pockets in the end.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20812 on: December 15, 2022, 09:41:20 am »
They've turned the country on its head. The Tories are claiming it'll cost what, £10 billion, which we know can be ripped apart anyway, when you factor in Income Tax, NI, money being spent in shops etc, yet Kwarteng/Truss cost the UK economy that in a fortnight and no-one seems to be paying attention to that As Pie said, when you add his figures up, its over £100 billion damage they have done in the past 6 years.
Leaving the EU saved the NHS £350m a week, right....? How does that divide into £10B in terms of time? Fixing the NHS - and all the other systemic problems in the nation - shouldn't take as long or cost as much as they are telling you. c*nts, the lot of them. Shoot the lot.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20813 on: December 15, 2022, 10:14:31 am »
Leaving the EU saved the NHS £350m a week, right....? How does that divide into £10B in terms of time? Fixing the NHS - and all the other systemic problems in the nation - shouldn't take as long or cost as much as they are telling you. c*nts, the lot of them. Shoot the lot.

Just 29 weeks of EU savings should cover 10bn

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20814 on: December 15, 2022, 10:50:02 am »
Just 29 weeks of EU savings should cover 10bn
How many weeks did that dithering bag of shite BoJo hang on to the keys of power for when he should have been fixing the mess he created.....?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20815 on: December 15, 2022, 10:59:09 am »
How many weeks did that dithering bag of shite BoJo hang on to the keys of power for when he should have been fixing the mess he created.....?

Too busy arranging his after dinner speech circuit to give a thought to such trivial matters. Like a well off Tory once said in work - luckily for him I was out - nobody uses the NHS anyway do they?

I laughed my arse off when he split us with his GF and she took his brand new Range Rover, half his business and his £1million house
Jurgen YNWA

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #20816 on: December 15, 2022, 11:03:14 am »
Please beep your horns if you happen to pass a nurses picket line today to show your support.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20817 on: December 15, 2022, 11:33:06 am »

What Pie says is what i want politicians to say, imagine Starmer doing that on the despatch box.

But the bullshit about itll cost 10 billion which will take money away from frontline services, the c*nts dont even spend that 10 billion on front line services anyway

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20818 on: December 15, 2022, 12:10:26 pm »
An interesting article on the defeated Bill put forward by that awful twat Jonathan Gullis.  It's Daily Mirror so the article itself is about as deep as a puddle but they've gone to the effort of naming the 69 Tories (of course) that backed it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-human-rights-crackdown-migrants-28732319

Full list is below but a quick glance picks out the usual suspects; Lee Anderson, Bridgen, Bill Cash, Simon Clarke, Drax, Elphicke, Fabricant, Francois, Jenkin, McVey, Patel, Redwood, Swayne and of course Gullis himself.  Dorries, Johnson and Rees-Mogg publicly backed the Bill but seemingly couldn't be bothered turning up to vote on it.

Spoiler
Craig Mackinlay (Teller for the ayes)
Mark Jenkinson (Teller for the ayes)
Nigel Adams
Lee Anderson
Caroline Ansell
Sarah Atherton
Scott Benton
Bob Blackman
Jack Brereton
Andrew Bridgen
Andy Carter
William Cash
Miriam Cates
Simon Clarke
Brendan Clarke-Smith
Virginia Crosbie
Tracey Crouch
Philip Davies
Richard Drax
Natalie Elphicke
David Evennett
Michael Fabricant
Katherine Fletcher
Mark Fletcher
Nick Fletcher
Mark Francois
Robert Goodwill
Chris Green
James Grundy
Jonathan Gullis
Sally-Ann Hart
John Hayes
Gordon Henderson
Darren Henry
Philip Hollobone
Bernard Jenkin
Caroline Johnson
Greg Knight
Danny Kruger
Pauline Latham
Brandon Lewis
Ian Liddell-Grainger
Jonathan Lord
Tim Loughton
Karl McCartney
Esther McVey
Stephen Metcalfe
Amanda Milling
Nigel Mills
Holly Mumby-Croft
Matthew Offord
Priti Patel
Mike Penning
Tom Randall
John Redwood
Laurence Robertson
Dean Russell
Gary Sambrook
Bob Seely
Greg Smith
Henry Smith
Royston Smith
Desmond Swayne
Robert Syms
Kelly Tolhurst
Justin Tomlinson
Martin Vickers
John Whittingdale
Bill Wiggin
[close]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 12:12:06 pm by thaddeus »

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #20819 on: December 15, 2022, 12:28:56 pm »
They don't view as squandered though. Its lined their pockets and their backers so money well spent.

Even worse than that, they would likely consider payrises for nurses etc as squandering the money. After all, give the poors extra cash in their pocket and they just spend it, and who wants to see all that money sloshing around the economy where anyone can get to it?

Far better that they get to keep the billions instead and make the decisions on "investing" it.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #20820 on: December 15, 2022, 12:31:10 pm »

I don't understand this. Isn't the picket line there, to discourage workers from going into work? How does joining it on her day off not neglect patients (her logic , not mine.  Nightmare scenario for any care service in that they can be painted as neglecting the public)

I thought they admitted that £350m number was totally wrong?  Though Kier should perhaps bring it up and make sure they row back on it a lot more visibly.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20821 on: December 15, 2022, 12:37:00 pm »
I don't understand this. Isn't the picket line there, to discourage workers from going into work? How does joining it on her day off not neglect patients (her logic , not mine.  Nightmare scenario for any care service in that they can be painted as neglecting the public)
I thought they admitted that £350m number was totally wrong?  Though Kier should perhaps bring it up and make sure they row back on it a lot more visibly.

Frottage backpedalled the day after the fuckwits destroyed the country on the lies that were written on the bus
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20822 on: December 15, 2022, 12:40:30 pm »
Frottage backpedalled the day after the fuckwits destroyed the country on the lies that were written on the bus

So did Johnson.  I remember the appalling interview where he tried to charm his way out of the lies
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20823 on: December 15, 2022, 12:42:31 pm »
I don't understand this. Isn't the picket line there, to discourage workers from going into work? How does joining it on her day off not neglect patients (her logic , not mine.  Nightmare scenario for any care service in that they can be painted as neglecting the public).
Propaganda innit. Make the nurses look like bastards and the unions like luddites. Classic Tory Cuntwittery 101.

The thing I was trying to get her to see is that 'neglect' is a relative concept here - decades and decades of systematic and deliberate neglect of the very NHS that she worked in and successive Tory governments claim to support is certainly not something the nurses are guilty of. But nooooooo.........let's demonise the actual staff we were fucking clapping for only months ago.........they're the ones now acting irresponsibly and killing patients, not the government, surely! (one of the key points of Pie's piece).

But she won't see this point.

And you're right - the point of the picket line was exactly that - and if you crossed it, you're making a choice.

Joining it on your day off? Not sure what that achieves. It's no sacrifice - it's an expression of support but seems utterly futile to use your own time (albeit graciously granted by your overlords) to do so - and I genuinely don't know what point she's making other than agreeing with the right-wing rhetoric.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 12:45:20 pm by 24/Swans-a-7ing »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20824 on: December 15, 2022, 01:31:46 pm »
Any conversation around public sector pay that doesn't include reference to the real terms pay cut since 2010 is a deliberate attempt to make pay claims look excessive.

The typical public sector worker has had a real terms pay cut, has in some years not received even a nominal increase, have had pension contributions increased and the retirement age for future service increased. They've also kept the country going through the pandemic. They've also been asked to achieve far more with much, much less.

If I hear anyone, and I mean anyone utter the words "yeah, but Labour", I really won't be responsible for what I say to them. I'm beyond feeling sorry for them though. I bet the average Mail/Express/Sun reader would object to being made to carry a sign saying "I'm a thick bastard" around with them, but when they spout the predictable attack lines then they are achieving the same thing.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20825 on: December 15, 2022, 01:34:09 pm »

To be honest this is the only thing that bothers me over keeping support for the strikers, I still remember the outrage over the Grave diggers going on strike during the Winter of discontent back in 1979. burials postponed, bodies piling up, imagine that still springs to mind for many people, people will remember the nurses strike 50 yrs from now, the grave diggers strike made me think on whether everyone has the right to strike, does it apply to the Police +Army, it's not so simple. the government cant have it both ways. they cant screw them and moan when they defend themselves, if they want to take away the right for certain services to strike then the answer is obvious. set up a system to resolve grievances the nurses etc respect, a system they know treats them fairly.
I don't think this strike is all down to the spike in inflation, this has been building up since the Torys took over, inflation is the final straw. tearing into the Nurses because they demand 19% is a bit low, I think everyone knows this is the starting negotiating figure.
None of this would be happening under a Labour government.!!!!!!
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20826 on: December 15, 2022, 01:42:37 pm »
To be honest this is the only thing that bothers me over keeping support for the strikers, I still remember the outrage over the Grave diggers going on strike during the Winter of discontent back in 1979. burials postponed, bodies piling up, imagine that still springs to mind for many people, people will remember the nurses strike 50 yrs from now, the grave diggers strike made me think on whether everyone has the right to strike, does it apply to the Police +Army, it's not so simple. the government cant have it both ways. they cant screw them and moan when they defend themselves, if they want to take away the right for certain services to strike then the answer is obvious. set up a system to resolve grievances the nurses etc respect, a system they know treats them fairly.
I don't think this strike is all down to the spike in inflation, this has been building up since the Torys took over, inflation is the final straw. tearing into the Nurses because they demand 19% is a bit low, I think everyone knows this is the starting negotiating figure.
None of this would be happening under a Labour government.!!!!!!

I actually don't believe that 19% is too high, when we consider several factors;

1.) The real terms pay cut Nurses have received since 2010
2.) The current inflation rate
3.) The deficit in people vs roles required in the UK
4.) Comparative pay for Nurses in the UK against other developed nations
5.) Attrition in the sector

The reality is, in order to resolve not only the current and immediate situation, the medium to long term ability to fill the void of jobs in the NHS means that those jobs need to be competitively priced globally, so that we can appeal to the global work force and retain quality people.

Not to mention if you actually over pay now - it puts to bed any requirement for payrises in the upcoming years and nurses can get on with focusing on their day job, rather than conditions.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20827 on: December 15, 2022, 02:12:29 pm »
I actually don't believe that 19% is too high, when we consider several factors;

The reality is, in order to resolve not only the current and immediate situation, the medium to long term ability to fill the void of jobs in the NHS means that those jobs need to be competitively priced globally, so that we can appeal to the global work force and retain quality people.

Not to mention if you actually over pay now - it puts to bed any requirement for payrises in the upcoming years and nurses can get on with focusing on their day job, rather than conditions.
I think the nurses have been more than reasonable, as I say everyone knows how these negotiations work, I agree they deserve more but critics would throw shit at them no matter what they demanded, they are not being pig headed, they are willing to negotiate so anyone attacking them for demanding a certain figure is just throwing shit at them to further their argument.
I know there is a system in place to solve these disputes but it clearly doesn't work as the Nurses wouldn't be in this position in the first place if it did.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20828 on: December 15, 2022, 02:19:13 pm »

Agreed.  Pay has certainly gone up by more than 19% in other sectors with staff shortages.  A local pre-school was on the regional TV here and part of the story was the owner saying he'd given his carers a 30% pay rise compared to pre-Covid.  He wasn't exactly filled with the joys of the season and was bemoaning he'd likely need to raise pay again to retain staff.

Having worked in the public sector having job vacancies since 2008-10 was always seen as a good thing among management.  It kept costs down, gave some budgetary flexibility for non-staffing costs and meant they didn't require redundancies in the inevitable next round of budget cuts.  The problem is that you get into a spiral of the job not being done properly, experienced staff leaving and not handing down that expertise and a churn of new staff who quickly realise what the game is.  Add onto that recruitment problems as the remuneration isn't competitive and you're really screwed.  Private sector businesses would and have failed in those circumstances but the public sector just dies a very slow death.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20829 on: December 15, 2022, 02:20:54 pm »
It's honestly disgusting how nurses are being treated. Considering how tough the job is under ideal circumstances, coupled with events of the past 3 years. Lauded as guardians until they dare to ask to be paid enough to live on, then they're vilified. And people buy into this crap.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20830 on: December 15, 2022, 02:52:15 pm »

Thank you for posting that. I love Pie and everything he says there you have to agree with unless you are a selfish and apathetic idiot or simply just an idiot.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20831 on: December 15, 2022, 03:39:25 pm »
Agreed.  Pay has certainly gone up by more than 19% in other sectors with staff shortages.  A local pre-school was on the regional TV here and part of the story was the owner saying he'd given his carers a 30% pay rise compared to pre-Covid.  He wasn't exactly filled with the joys of the season and was bemoaning he'd likely need to raise pay again to retain staff.

Having worked in the public sector having job vacancies since 2008-10 was always seen as a good thing among management.  It kept costs down, gave some budgetary flexibility for non-staffing costs and meant they didn't require redundancies in the inevitable next round of budget cuts.  The problem is that you get into a spiral of the job not being done properly, experienced staff leaving and not handing down that expertise and a churn of new staff who quickly realise what the game is.  Add onto that recruitment problems as the remuneration isn't competitive and you're really screwed.  Private sector businesses would and have failed in those circumstances but the public sector just dies a very slow death.

Pay in the private sector has massively outstripped that of the public sector, it was on the BBC. They can't even use that as an excuse anymore

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20832 on: December 15, 2022, 03:51:55 pm »
I think this comment on the Beeb scrolling news is very on the money

'My daughter is demoralised before she's even qualified'

Anthony’s daughter will qualify as a nurse this year and she’s already feeling demoralised by the working conditions.

"She was always dressing up as a nurse when she was tiny and I’m very proud that she always wanted to be a nurse but there’s a big however now," Anthony tells BBC 5 Live.

“She’s experienced placements on wards and seen first-hand how demoralised nurses are.”

Anthony says his daughter was “really excited to going into training to be a nurse,” but now “she’s come home from placements crying”.

He says his daughter is seeing nurses "who feel they are completely undervalued, who can’t cope and who are suffering from stress because the demands placed upon them are completely unreasonable".

“If you can’t enthuse and get young people excited about a career in nursing we have a fundamental problem for the future," Anthony adds.

“I absolutely support the nurses going on strikes today, we have got to do something."
If you've got somebody with that vocational attitude and commitment becoming despondent before they even start then what hope?

NHS staff aren't captive and certainly those with medical qualifications are sought after the world over.  A commitment to the service will only carry through so far and it's a credit that so many are still sticking it out.

A good pay award will help in both retention and recruitment but the whole health service needs to be just managed... better.  I don't mean better in Tory terms of "efficiency savings" and "getting more for less" but better in terms of pathways into and out of the NHS.  I'm (early) middle aged and it's noticeably more dysfunctional now than I've ever known it and that constant fire-fighting and dealing with patients that are pissed off - whether rightly or wrongly - must be incredibly sapping.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20833 on: December 15, 2022, 03:56:06 pm »
I think this comment on the Beeb scrolling news is very on the money
If you've got somebody with that vocational attitude and commitment becoming despondent before they even start then what hope?

NHS staff aren't captive and certainly those with medical qualifications are sought after the world over.  A commitment to the service will only carry through so far and it's a credit that so many are still sticking it out.

A good pay award will help in both retention and recruitment but the whole health service needs to be just managed... better.  I don't mean better in Tory terms of "efficiency savings" and "getting more for less" but better in terms of pathways into and out of the NHS.  I'm (early) middle aged and it's noticeably more dysfunctional now than I've ever known it and that constant fire-fighting and dealing with patients that are pissed off - whether rightly or wrongly - must be incredibly sapping.

My daughter is in her 2nd year of her nursing course.  Out on placement and she is being given 6 patients (kids) to look after because they simply do not have the numbers to man the wards.  She is already dreading becoming a qualified nurse and having to start 'real' work!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20834 on: December 15, 2022, 05:49:52 pm »
It's always someone else's fault, innit?  Never the government. You know, the actual people in charge. It's all those pesky workers having the cheek to demand enough money to live on who are sucking the life out of the economy.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #20835 on: December 15, 2022, 05:50:34 pm »
Maybe the nurses should handpick a committee of 'independent' people who could set their pay increases without all this bother - works OK for some.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20836 on: December 15, 2022, 05:52:47 pm »
I'm still astounded that someone somewhere hasn't filled that complete c*nt in, I guess people are too civilised.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #20837 on: December 15, 2022, 07:09:18 pm »
This attempt to demonise nurses is going well for the Tories and their inbred mates in the media isn't it?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #20838 on: December 15, 2022, 07:10:40 pm »
I'm still astounded that someone somewhere hasn't filled that complete c*nt in, I guess people are too civilised.

Nev Southall gave him a piece of his mind on the GBnews thing from Llandudno. But Nev was very considered and civil.

Wish instead he’d just sat on him.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #20839 on: December 15, 2022, 07:37:33 pm »
Why is it that this kind of analysis isn’t on every news programme and front page on a daily basis?

Believer