Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Get out of our country yer gang of fucking bellends. TORIES OUT!  (Read 1351089 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Tories. Shambles.
« Reply #21080 on: January 4, 2023, 12:33:19 pm »
there's no such thing as a half decent Tory Deb

I know that mate but we wouldn't be in quite such a mess if they'd actually done something other than cut back and sell on.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21081 on: January 4, 2023, 12:50:55 pm »
 ;D

Nadine Dorries
@NadineDorries
Three years of a progressive Tory government being washed down the drain. Levelling up, dumped. Social care reform, dumped. Keeping young and vulnerable people safe online, watered down. A bonfire of EU leg, not happening. Sale of C4 giving back £2b reversed. Replaced with what?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21082 on: January 4, 2023, 12:50:57 pm »
there's no such thing as a half decent Tory Deb
How about a half-dead Tory?

I don't really mean it - but how could I resist!?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #21083 on: January 4, 2023, 01:16:10 pm »
How else will the homeless of the future get into finance?
:wellin
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21084 on: January 4, 2023, 02:38:07 pm »

Following Sunak's big speech and it was clear pretty quickly that it was little more than a fanciful, skin-deep wish list.  They are truly at that part of a long-running government where they are bereft of ideas and have no goal save for the preservation of their own power. Zero chance this cuts through with the public even with whatever support the propagandists at the Mail can offer.

The maths idea was clearly developed in a focus group full of geriatrics who'd like to return to the 1950s. Surely the real issue is that kids are leaving school at 16 without understanding mathematical basics (or English and Science basics for that matter) not that schools should be forced to include an element of maths for those progressing to A levels. Just shows how utterly detached he is from the real world.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21085 on: January 4, 2023, 02:47:52 pm »
How about a half-dead Tory?

I don't really mean it - but how could I resist!?

I was thinking the exact same - except I mean it when it refers to the cabinet and other senior Tories
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21086 on: January 4, 2023, 03:19:29 pm »
Apparently where rest of the Tories failed, he's the only one who can fix the economy. Its a shame he wasn't the chancellor previously then

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21087 on: January 4, 2023, 03:37:41 pm »
Speech was awful, fancy and wishful thinking with no action plans laid out. The maths thing I think is a good idea though.

Country is on an irreversible course regardless of the party but time for the tories to go...

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #21088 on: January 4, 2023, 03:42:17 pm »
Following Sunak's big speech and it was clear pretty quickly that it was little more than a fanciful, skin-deep wish list.  They are truly at that part of a long-running government where they are bereft of ideas and have no goal save for the preservation of their own power. Zero chance this cuts through with the public even with whatever support the propagandists at the Mail can offer.

His 5 promises for the year seem to be:

1) Halving inflation
2) Grow the economy
3) Make sure national debt is falling
4) NHS waiting lists will fall
5) Pass new laws to stop small boats, swiftly remove illegal arrivals

That's quite clever framing by him.

1) Inflation will reduce - but it'll be due to nothing this government (or the BoE) will have done. It'll just be the energy cost inflationary spike working through the system, coupled with continuing easing of post-Covid global supply chain problems

2) The economy will come out of recession and grow in 2023. Largely as a result of inflation easing, which should see interest rates reducing (starting in the US). The Govt won't have done anything to cause growth. The UK will still have lower growth than our peers. But by making it a vague 'grow the economy', he will be able to claim success.

3) Given the insanely high point we're starting from, this should be achievable by the end of the year. And a bit of financial jiggery-pokery will get it over the line if not.

4) Again, given the massive waiting lists (compounded by Covid), this would happen anyway as the backlog is slowly worked through (but the NHS will still be in crisis)

5) Populist red meat for the Brexiteer crew. I doubt it'll make any difference. And 'illegal arrivals' will still not be quickly assessed and removed. And there still won't be a legal way for these people to apply to enter the country.

Set the bar low; include objectives that will come to pass anyway (he might as well say "I shall make the sun rise tomorrow morning" then claim credit when it does); declare yourself great when some/all of these objectives are 'achieved'; have a predominantly right-wing media keep declaring how wonderful you are and not mention just how shit everything still is.

It works on a gullible rump of oiks.

The maths idea was clearly developed in a focus group full of geriatrics who'd like to return to the 1950s. Surely the real issue is that kids are leaving school at 16 without understanding mathematical basics (or English and Science basics for that matter) not that schools should be forced to include an element of maths for those progressing to A levels. Just shows how utterly detached he is from the real world.

Part of the problem is that - through no fault of the teachers - teaching has become more about coaching kids to pass exams, not providing kids with a broad base of knowledge on any given subject that they can then tap into to write answers when taking exams.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21089 on: January 4, 2023, 03:47:27 pm »
Cowboy builders at it again.
Back again with more nice promises for the gullible to think Ohh I like the sound of that.
12 yrs destroying the country,  and now they want people to judge if they improve things slightly over the next 2 yrs.
 Only happens in politics, people would send these cowboys packing in any other walk of life if they came back with more nice promises if they give them the job.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21090 on: January 4, 2023, 03:50:02 pm »
The maths thing I think is a good idea though.

I think it is stupid, and I have a Maths degree. It could discourage some wanting to stay in education for A levels beyond 16, as they are forced to do Maths, when they may want to do arts based courses.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21091 on: January 4, 2023, 03:55:49 pm »
I think it is stupid, and I have a Maths degree. It could discourage some wanting to stay in education for A levels beyond 16, as they are forced to do Maths, when they may want to do arts based courses.

Agreed. If we provided education of a half decent standard to state school kids they would have all they need from maths by the age of 16 (basic arithmetic, fractions, probability, basic trig and geometry etc). You might as well say we need to teach English to 18 or Science or History for that matter. As ever the Tories have no interest in the underlying causes of the problem. They just want to say something new and shiny in the hopes no one ever follows up on the detail.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21092 on: January 4, 2023, 03:57:28 pm »

Fair enough, it was a good point that with the way the world is becoming more data driven, developing maths skills for everyone is very important. Many teens won't see the point at that age but when older would be likely to see the benefit if any. As long as its done in an accessible way, don't see an issue.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #21093 on: January 4, 2023, 03:59:04 pm »

Possibly.

It is mandatory in Ireland though. And over 90% of school kids sit the Leaving Cert. Although they generally do 7 subjects rather than 3-4 A-levels, so still have 4 options to choose from arts, sciences etc.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21094 on: January 4, 2023, 04:00:20 pm »
Agreed. If we provided education of a half decent standard to state school kids they would have all they need from maths by the age of 16 (basic arithmetic, fractions, probability, basic trig and geometry etc). You might as well say we need to teach English to 18 or Science or History for that matter. As ever the Tories have no interest in the underlying causes of the problem. They just want to say something new and shiny in the hopes no one ever follows up on the detail.

Agree with that

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21095 on: January 4, 2023, 04:02:14 pm »
I keep seeing people saying the recession is only temporary and that inflation will drop next year due to energy cost reduction but how do you know that?

The energy thing for example.  Wholesale prices are still much higher than they were presumably or our prices would have dropped by now but in any case our prices should be much higher than they are due to the government price cap.

Surely that means come April when that no longer exists everybodies costs will shoot up, not come down?

Will that not mean inflation will be up again not down?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21096 on: January 4, 2023, 04:03:07 pm »
The public need to be better in English and critical thinking as well

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21097 on: January 4, 2023, 04:05:59 pm »
I keep seeing people saying the recession is only temporary and that inflation will drop next year due to energy cost reduction but how do you know that?

The energy thing for example.  Wholesale prices are still much higher than they were presumably or our prices would have dropped by now but in any case our prices should be much higher than they are due to the government price cap.

Surely that means come April when that no longer exists everybodies costs will shoot up, not come down?

Recession will last into '24, inflation will drop this year and will turn into deflation as these idiots are still raising rates. This was gonna happen regardless of energy prices, it's a YOY comparison so any later energy price rises won't factor into this year's inflation readings immediately.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #21098 on: January 4, 2023, 04:18:23 pm »
Sunak’s big education policy announced…

Compulsory maths until 18….

This is about Truss and Kwarteng again, is it?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #21099 on: January 4, 2023, 04:24:08 pm »
The public need to be better in English and critical thinking as well
Advanced interpersonal communication skills should be mandatory.....forcing people to take maths beyond GCSE level just baffles me.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #21100 on: January 4, 2023, 04:25:21 pm »

The price of energy has stabilised. It will still be high but it won't be going up.
Though , as you say, when the cap comes off , the price may rise for the consumer.  Though hopefully energy prices will fall below the cap in 2023. Some of the price rise was due to Europe scrambling to fill up their gas reserves. This shouldn't be such a problem in 2023.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #21101 on: January 4, 2023, 04:32:31 pm »

Inflation measures the price of an item/service/commodity now against the price it was 12 months ago.

If everything increases suddenly by 10% in month one but didn't rise again that year, then you will have inflation of 10% for all of that year (as the price in any given month would be 10% higher than the price 12 months previously)

But, after 12 months (and assuming no other prices rises - for simpilicity reasons in this example), inflation would reduce to 0%.

Yes, everything is still 10% more expensive than it was before month one of the preceding year. But we're only comparing to the corresponding month 12 months ago to measure inflation.

Of course, it's more complex than that, and prices of different products increase a different rates. There's also going to be increased other (than energy) input costs filtering through over a prolonged period of time. But I can see inflation falling to 3-5% by the end of the year. Interest rates should begin to reduce before than, though.

You pose a good question regarding the energy price cap. Even with wholesale prices having reduced massively from the initial spike, they're still higher than they were before energy prices began to climb in autumn 2021. Expert opinion, though, suggests the energy price cap will actually fall from April, even if government assistance is minimalised.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21102 on: January 4, 2023, 04:55:47 pm »

The problem is more the lack of support for weaker kids in school, not for how long they have to take a subject. Sitting through more years of maths without learning anything doesn't help.

The underlying problem to me is that the British education system is geared to select the best students and support them, and to hell with all the rest.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #21103 on: January 4, 2023, 05:00:03 pm »
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21104 on: January 4, 2023, 05:07:42 pm »
Advanced interpersonal communication skills should be mandatory.....forcing people to take maths beyond GCSE level just baffles me.

Thing is it’s pretty scary how mathematically illiterate some people are, I have on more that a few occasions had to explain how averages and percentiles work to a grown adults.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21105 on: January 4, 2023, 05:25:06 pm »
Thing is it’s pretty scary how mathematically illiterate some people are, I have on more that a few occasions had to explain how averages and percentiles work to a grown adults.
........whereas I've seen an entire generation fail to pass on basic listening, intuitive conversation and empathy/rapport building skills. My entire career is based on something I learnt almost 30 years ago - and I could do the entire career over again and still not make a significant impact on grown adults' apparent inability to communicate. If I had kids in school, I'd rather they learn something along those lines at 17 rather than quadratic equations and logarithms. Once you get past GCSE level, what else mathematically speaking is needed to function?

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21106 on: January 4, 2023, 05:54:31 pm »

Clearly you prioritised Maths over English  ;D  ;)
« Last Edit: January 4, 2023, 05:56:40 pm by red1977 »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21107 on: January 4, 2023, 05:54:56 pm »
#basiccommunicationinnit

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #21108 on: January 4, 2023, 06:43:06 pm »
His 5 promises for the year seem to be:

1) Halving inflation
2) Grow the economy
3) Make sure national debt is falling
4) NHS waiting lists will fall
5) Pass new laws to stop small boats, swiftly remove illegal arrivals

That's quite clever framing by him.

1) Inflation will reduce - but it'll be due to nothing this government (or the BoE) will have done. It'll just be the energy cost inflationary spike working through the system, coupled with continuing easing of post-Covid global supply chain problems

2) The economy will come out of recession and grow in 2023. Largely as a result of inflation easing, which should see interest rates reducing (starting in the US). The Govt won't have done anything to cause growth. The UK will still have lower growth than our peers. But by making it a vague 'grow the economy', he will be able to claim success.

3) Given the insanely high point we're starting from, this should be achievable by the end of the year. And a bit of financial jiggery-pokery will get it over the line if not.

4) Again, given the massive waiting lists (compounded by Covid), this would happen anyway as the backlog is slowly worked through (but the NHS will still be in crisis)

5) Populist red meat for the Brexiteer crew. I doubt it'll make any difference. And 'illegal arrivals' will still not be quickly assessed and removed. And there still won't be a legal way for these people to apply to enter the country.

Set the bar low; include objectives that will come to pass anyway (he might as well say "I shall make the sun rise tomorrow morning" then claim credit when it does); declare yourself great when some/all of these objectives are 'achieved'; have a predominantly right-wing media keep declaring how wonderful you are and not mention just how shit everything still is.

It works on a gullible rump of oiks.

Part of the problem is that - through no fault of the teachers - teaching has become more about coaching kids to pass exams, not providing kids with a broad base of knowledge on any given subject that they can then tap into to write answers when taking exams.
The slimey insincere  c*nt..

Who does he think caused these fucking issues?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #21109 on: January 4, 2023, 07:59:58 pm »
........whereas I've seen an entire generation fail to pass on basic listening, intuitive conversation and empathy/rapport building skills. My entire career is based on something I learnt almost 30 years ago - and I could do the entire career over again and still not make a significant impact on grown adults' apparent inability to communicate. If I had kids in school, I'd rather they learn something along those lines at 17 rather than quadratic equations and logarithms. Once you get past GCSE level, what else mathematically speaking is needed to function?
Have you got any recommended reading for those skills?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21110 on: January 4, 2023, 08:06:45 pm »

I wouldn’t make more complex mathematics compulsory for 17 and 18 year olds, but if they struggled with GCSE Maths id focus more on those children at 17 and 18. Things like averages, percentages, interest, unit conversion come up all the time in your adult life and if you don’t understand them you’re at a huge disadvantage (something unscrupulous politicians often take advantage of). As for logarithms, knowing how to read those damn graphs came in pretty handy during the pandemic!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21111 on: January 4, 2023, 08:08:24 pm »

English was never my strong point to be fair!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21112 on: January 4, 2023, 08:08:32 pm »
Have you got any recommended reading for those skills?

Actually yes - my best mate (and former colleague from Back In The Day) just yesterday dropped a free resource. Check it out....absolutely looooaaaaads of good quality resources here. If you want private coaching, drop me a line ;)

https://www.businesspotential.com/ (<--- can vouch that this is a genuine link)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21113 on: January 4, 2023, 08:14:49 pm »
This is about Truss and Kwarteng again, is it?

Ha ha

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #21114 on: January 4, 2023, 10:52:25 pm »
Sunak is trying to bring in minimum strike legislation as soon as tomorrow…

It will let employers sue unions and sack employees.

What a c*nt.  If he thinks sacking nurses and teachers is what the country needs he’s a fucking moron.

And I will tell you this, I cannot see any hospital or school going through with it either
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21115 on: January 4, 2023, 11:00:15 pm »
Starmer going full Tory:

“we won’t be able to spend our way out of their mess – it’s not as easy as that. There is no substitute for a robust private sector, creating wealth in every community.”

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21116 on: January 4, 2023, 11:08:24 pm »
Starmer going full Tory:

“we won’t be able to spend our way out of their mess – it’s not as easy as that. There is no substitute for a robust private sector, creating wealth in every community.”

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing here but does anyone actually think it's possible to reverse all the shite of the last decade?

Not just the shite we can see or know about but the shite that, as a nation we own very little of our own infrastructure, income generation, land, property, businesses etc etc to be able to demand change.

We no longer control most of what happens in this country, not even what our government spends it's revenue on so I'm no longer sure a different government can change that much.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21117 on: January 4, 2023, 11:23:55 pm »
Starmer going full Tory:

Don't get me wrong, I want the Tories out by any means but Starmer is atrocious. Assuming he wins, can't see him leaving any sort of legacy and will probably allow the Tories to sneak back having served one term

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21118 on: January 4, 2023, 11:48:55 pm »
Starmer knows fuck all about economic policy. Those quotes will have been fed to him by Rachel Reeves.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21119 on: January 5, 2023, 12:04:28 am »
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing here but does anyone actually think it's possible to reverse all the shite of the last decade?

Not just the shite we can see or know about but the shite that, as a nation we own very little of our own infrastructure, income generation, land, property, businesses etc etc to be able to demand change.

We no longer control most of what happens in this country, not even what our government spends it's revenue on so I'm no longer sure a different government can change that much.

No and its delusion to think it can be by any party imo...