Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3144411 times)

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #30160 on: June 14, 2022, 10:45:05 am »
Nunez getting his photo taken outside Melwood there;

https://twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/status/1536631275762720768?s=21&t=O4vouyWFYfdVdjOzRvmLKA

good lord..its 2022. we get clearer resolution from a freaking robot in mars.

what kind of camera are these stalkers using.

on the midfield issue, does anyone think that klopp just might be promoting someone from the u21 to play a bit part role since the change to 5 subs. I really have no idea who is good enough or maybe some of them might just surprise and be a decent enough squad player to rely on.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30161 on: June 14, 2022, 10:45:55 am »
Think someone also made a good point that we could be seeing Salah and Firmino leaving next season and would need replacing, so you don't want too much upheaval in one window. Having to replace two attackers and also getting a first choice midfielder in is quite a task.

Don't think we would bring in two attackers, probably just the one.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30162 on: June 14, 2022, 10:50:57 am »
I’ll be disappointed if we don’t go for a midfielder while understanding the decision making. We’ve shown we won’t sign someone just to make up the numbers, and that’s an approach that has worked out very well on the whole. If we don’t think there’s a suitable candidate out there - or believe our preferred candidate isn’t available this summer - then we’re right to wait, even if it leads to some short term pain. And that’s the worry really, it’ll undoubtedly be a gamble albeit a calculated one.

Anyway, don’t think it’s definitive at this point. Still very very early in the window and loads can change, targets that weren’t available become available etc.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30163 on: June 14, 2022, 10:56:43 am »
Don't think we would bring in two attackers, probably just the one.

Guess that depends on how well Carvalho kicks on. I personally feel we'd need 2 to keep the squad depth similar to how it's been since January.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30164 on: June 14, 2022, 10:58:11 am »
We’re going to announce it at noon aren’t we? 🤪

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30166 on: June 14, 2022, 11:05:39 am »
We should probably sign an 8 who can be Thiago’s long term replacement this summer and then go all out for Bellingham (who looks more of an all action 8 than a deep lying progressive passer) next summer. Next summer we’ll also need to replace Salah you imagine.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30167 on: June 14, 2022, 11:06:34 am »
Liverpool are looking at signing Jobe Bellingham in September as well as trying to hijack a deal for Alejandro Garnacho (already negotiating extension with United), but face a lot of competition.

Two very highly rated youngsters

https://twitter.com/DHardayal/status/1536645376941383681

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30169 on: June 14, 2022, 11:13:55 am »
We haven't really been linked him in a while, but Fabian Ruiz's deal at Napoli expires in 2023 and they're open to selling him this summer. Always rated him.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30170 on: June 14, 2022, 11:15:44 am »
Liverpool are looking at signing Jobe Bellingham in September as well as trying to hijack a deal for Alejandro Garnacho (already negotiating extension with United), but face a lot of competition.

The ECHO, Mirror and every obscure LFC site is going to make an absolute killing in click's with that link.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30171 on: June 14, 2022, 11:19:19 am »
BTW on the AI podcast, Simon Brundish relayed scuttlebutt from the Benfica coaches on the data from his training, as he has a contact there. Ooft. 12 minutes in on the podcast or thereabouts.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30172 on: June 14, 2022, 11:20:41 am »
The ECHO, Mirror and every obscure LFC site is going to make an absolute killing in click's with that link.

And will definitely neglect to mention it’s relating to his brother Jobe, the Birmingham City player.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 11:26:54 am by Jm55 »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30173 on: June 14, 2022, 11:28:39 am »
BTW on the AI podcast, Simon Brundish relayed scuttlebutt from the Benfica coaches on the data from his training, as he has a contact there. Ooft. 12 minutes in on the podcast or thereabouts.

Was it positive?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #30174 on: June 14, 2022, 11:32:30 am »
And will definitely neglect to mention it’s relating to his brother Jobe, the Birmingham City player.

Only for everyone who clicks on it realizing they've made a huge mistake

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #30175 on: June 14, 2022, 11:34:23 am »
We’re going to announce it at noon aren’t we? 🤪

High Noonez
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #30176 on: June 14, 2022, 11:38:20 am »
Will we go for Jade as well? Jose? How many JXXe combos can the Bellinghams go through? ;D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline daniel.owen89

• Kemlynite
« Reply #30177 on: June 14, 2022, 11:38:28 am »
Does anyone think that a Salah contract extension could happen as soon as  Mane to Bayern is announced and that we have held of because it would look bad giving Salah big money while Mane was around knowing he was looking for similar figures?

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #30178 on: June 14, 2022, 11:39:58 am »
Does anyone think that a Salah contract extension could happen as soon as  Mane to Bayern is announced and that we have held of because it would look bad giving Salah big money while Mane was around knowing he was looking for similar figures?
Could also do the opposite. 'LFC forcing Mane out so they could pay Salah more' etc etc.
"Salahs in here......"

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30179 on: June 14, 2022, 11:40:26 am »

Sadly, I think Salah will wait till he can listen to other offers before making a final decision.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30180 on: June 14, 2022, 11:43:59 am »
Nunez has scored every penalty he's taken which is a nice little bonus too given Milner won't play much, Mo might be gone in a year. Be nice to have another ultra reliable taker along with Fab.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30181 on: June 14, 2022, 11:44:18 am »

Bellingham seems like a bit of a mouthy cnut to be honest.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #30182 on: June 14, 2022, 11:46:06 am »
Shame if we put off signing a midfielder until next season. If our target is Bellingham I can understand why but he seems a very different player to Tchouameni. We have a variety of players who can play a more advanced role - Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Elliot, Ox, Keita, Milner. But really only Fab and Hendo play that deeper number 6 position, and bringing someone in who can share the load there (and play further forward) would be ideal.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30183 on: June 14, 2022, 11:46:09 am »
Bellingham seems like a bit of a mouthy cnut to be honest.

Jude Bellingham is. Not sure about his brother, who the link is about.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30184 on: June 14, 2022, 11:46:55 am »
Nunez has scored every penalty he's taken which is a nice little bonus too given Milner won't play much, Mo might be gone in a year. Be nice to have another ultra reliable taker along with Fab.

Isn't that the same story with Fabinho?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30185 on: June 14, 2022, 11:48:25 am »
Was it positive?

It was very positive indeed - he seems to be a real 'all rounder' decathlete type specimen. Faster than Salah, strength like Div or Torres (and aggressive in using it), stamina and lactate testing numbers like Milner. The only question mark is how he develops in the build up side of things really, although as Mr D outlined yesterday, Mane gave the ball away more last season than Nunez did.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30186 on: June 14, 2022, 11:48:45 am »
Jude Bellingham is. Not sure about his brother, who the link is about.

:lmao :lmao Fuck sake that'll teach me not to read the link
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #30187 on: June 14, 2022, 11:49:04 am »
Isn't that the same story with Fabinho?
He missed his first penalty he took for us.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #30188 on: June 14, 2022, 11:49:10 am »
Shame if we put off signing a midfielder until next season. If our target is Bellingham I can understand why but he seems a very different player to Tchouameni. We have a variety of players who can play a more advanced role - Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Elliot, Ox, Keita, Milner. But really only Fab and Hendo play that deeper number 6 position, and bringing someone in who can share the load there (and play further forward) would be ideal.

Completely agree. For me, it was the number one priority before Mané decided to go and is still vital that we sign a midfielder before the window shuts

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #30189 on: June 14, 2022, 11:54:49 am »

A wee YouTube search of his goals last season & he seemed to do the exact same penalty every time! A bit of a Jorginho hop & a low right footer to the bottom right corner.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30190 on: June 14, 2022, 11:55:30 am »
It was very positive indeed - he seems to be a real 'all rounder' decathlete type specimen. Faster than Salah, strength like Div or Torres (and aggressive in using it), stamina and lactate testing numbers like Milner. The only question mark is how he develops in the build up side of things really, although as Mr D outlined yesterday, Mane gave the ball away more last season than Nunez did.

Yeah for all the Mane being amazing in the striker shouts, if people can remember back to Feb/March, there were still a lot of people unconvinced about him. I didn't like his hold up play at all but I think it was the game against City in the cup where he excelled and then he didn't look back.

I don't want Mane to go but I think the shouts about him being amazing for us up front are concentrated in a couple of months of good form.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30191 on: June 14, 2022, 11:56:48 am »
Completely agree. For me, it was the number one priority before Mané decided to go and is still vital that we sign a midfielder before the window shuts

I think we might. For me, too many people are obsessing about the Jude Bellingham link, we could probably find 3 midfielders of real high ability for his transfer fee. I think we will get one this summer and one next summer.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #30192 on: June 14, 2022, 11:58:38 am »
Was really hoping the snide man bun would be gone before he signed. Sad.

No-one seems to mind Virgil having a man bun
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #30193 on: June 14, 2022, 11:59:09 am »
I think we might. For me, too many people are obsessing about the Jude Bellingham link, we could probably find 3 midfielders of real high ability for his transfer fee. I think we will get one this summer and one next summer.

Hope so

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #30194 on: June 14, 2022, 11:59:45 am »
No-one seems to mind Virgil having a man bun

He is one of the rare people who can pull it off.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #30195 on: June 14, 2022, 12:01:05 pm »
The midfield is a funny one. If you look at the season we've just had, two trophies, 92 points, CL Final you'd look at that and think it's enough, and it might be again, but this certainly feels like a moment where we could do with another player coming in. Gini wasn't replaced, we have Henderson and Thiago in their 30s, both of whom have had past injuries, Keita also injury prone, Milner getting on but more rotational. Feels like we could do with someone around 24/25 years old who'll be coming into his 'best years'

Hopeful Jones and Elliot get more minutes this season because I think both are real quality young players, but even with them I'm still thinking we need more. Oxlade Chamberlain may leave, too. Maybe it'll come down to player sales but I'd like to think we're looking at someone if we can't get Bellingham. Because he's the number one choice surely it doesn't mean we'll just entirely move on this summer. If you have to find someone on loan, perhaps.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #30196 on: June 14, 2022, 12:02:57 pm »
good lord..its 2022. we get clearer resolution from a freaking robot in mars.

what kind of camera are these stalkers using.

You can just make him out behind the grassy knoll.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #30197 on: June 14, 2022, 12:03:20 pm »
Is Marko Grujic not returning from loan? He's the future.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #30198 on: June 14, 2022, 12:04:55 pm »
He is one of the rare people who can pull it off.

Hopefully Darwin Nunez can be one of those rare exceptions (i.e. so good at football that people don’t notice or care about his hairstyle)
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30199 on: June 14, 2022, 12:05:02 pm »
United being linked to Vitinha today. Record Portugal say he has a €40m release clause and a prem side are going to activate it.

Wonder if we go for him, there were some tentative links a few weeks ago