Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3144470 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #30120 on: June 14, 2022, 08:18:24 am »
Well they should still make an effort to make him want Liverpool.
Correct. I would expect that.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #30121 on: June 14, 2022, 08:25:56 am »
I think if we have a chance to sign Gavi we will but other than that I think we'll hold on to our money and see what develops.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30122 on: June 14, 2022, 09:03:20 am »
God, I hope Darwin is robust enough...

28 league apps last season from 34 available. He started 24 games and was brought off 14 times - lasting the 90mins only 10 times.

29 league apps the season before from 34 available. He started 19 games and was brought off 9 times - lasting the 90mins only 10 times.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30123 on: June 14, 2022, 09:04:54 am »
Bissouma to spurs for £25m.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #30124 on: June 14, 2022, 09:05:01 am »

28 league apps last season from 34 available. He started 24 games and was brought off 14 times - lasting the 90mins only 10 times.

29 league apps the season before from 34 available. He started 19 games and was brought off 9 times - lasting the 90mins only 10 times.

This, the climate and that youtube compilation. Great fucking start Julian.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
« Reply #30125 on: June 14, 2022, 09:06:49 am »
"It is likely that a midfielder will be targeted next summer."

Could be the case. Then again this might be just him presuming. We'll see.

To be honest, some of our midfielders are targeted after every game

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30126 on: June 14, 2022, 09:07:19 am »
This, the climate and that youtube compilation. Great fucking start Julian.

:D I'm sure we'll be looking to manage his minutes so he's not in the 'red zone' and at risk of being injured, mind...

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30127 on: June 14, 2022, 09:08:04 am »

Strikers are often brought off towards the end of a game when the result's not in doubt, and in weak leagues they can get away with resting a player altogether the weekend before a CL game. Nothing to worry about.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30128 on: June 14, 2022, 09:08:19 am »
I would think a midfielder will be dependant on sales possibly.

I cant see us selling Ox & getting no one else in

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30129 on: June 14, 2022, 09:11:54 am »

How many of them games were they up by about 3 with a CL game a few days after though, I'm sure the big teams in shite leagues bring their star players off quite a lot in fairness, as loads of the games are over after 60

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30130 on: June 14, 2022, 09:15:10 am »
How many of them games were they up by about 3 with a CL game a few days after though, I'm sure the big teams in shite leagues bring their star players off quite a lot in fairness, as loads of the games are over after 60

To be fair. I wouldn't assume that many.

Considering their finishing GD was +48 from 24 games. And they finished 3rd, 17 points from top.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #30131 on: June 14, 2022, 09:19:18 am »

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #30132 on: June 14, 2022, 09:24:44 am »
To be fair. I wouldn't assume that many.

Considering their finishing GD was +48 from 24 games. And they finished 3rd, 17 points from top.

He missed the first two games through injury, one through suspension and one through national team call up. And then a few of the games where he was subbed off early or didnt start were around the CL. Other ones were where they were beasting their opponents, they were very feast or famine last season.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #30133 on: June 14, 2022, 09:30:48 am »
And Carvalho and Morton (for the domestic cup games).

Neil Atkinson on TAW made a good point about domestic cups and next season’s schedule.

Pre- Xmas there is only 2 league cup games. One just before the break for the World Cup and the 1st game back before PL starts again on Boxing Day. Very likely we’ll play a strong XI in the game before Boxing Day as a sort of pseudo pre season friendly after a 6 week break. To make sure we have that game we might go strong in the 1st league cup game.

The thing that is very different with next seasons schedule is the pre-Xmas schedule. Lots of games and it is virtually all PL and CL. There’s very little opportunity to get game time if you are way down in the squad pecking order. You almost want 20-21 players who you think are worthy of starting PL or CL games. Players like Carvalho and Elliott, if in that pool of 20-21, might play a lot more than some people think. Whether that’s starting more often for rotation purposes or getting off the bench more due to 5 subs.

The schedule next season is so different to normal that I think squad size, depth may need to be thought of slightly differently. The introduction of 5 subs also changes things. I think our squad from this season would be 1 or 2 players too big for the pre-Xmas schedule next season. Think we’ll need a tight knit 20 or 21 who share the games between them. Might be different after Xmas so Jan window could be interesting. Though a lot of that may depend on how far players progress in World Cup
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30134 on: June 14, 2022, 09:40:12 am »

Just makes his goal scoring stats seem all the more impressive doesn't it!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30135 on: June 14, 2022, 09:41:33 am »
Choosing to not believe Joycey on this occasion. It's definitely a smokescreen this time.

It’s also not really telling you anything that you didn’t already know.

Is it likely we’ll sign a midfielder next summer? Well yeah, because at the very least Milner will be leaving and I’d wager there’s a reasonably decent chance that one of Keita or Jones could be joining him, obviously I hope that isn’t the case but both have a big season ahead of them if they’re to be a part of this squad long term.

He’s obviously eluding to us not signing a midfielder this summer but he isn’t stating that we won’t, he’s also only saying it’s ‘likely’ anyway which means little in the context of transfers.

If the right player is available this summer we’ll sign him, as we tried to with Tchouameni, if he isn’t then we’ll wait until January or next summer.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #30136 on: June 14, 2022, 09:45:41 am »
Football is changing, and we'll have 5 subs in every match from the next season on. I think it is going to change the game a little, and help with injuries.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30137 on: June 14, 2022, 09:45:50 am »
Weather and climate is something I'm actually good at ;D

15 degrees on average, with the old 1981-2010 normals so you can be fairly certain January is at 15.5°C for daily high temperature for 2001-2020 :wave It's quite rainy but definitely rather warm. It's a full three degrees warmer than Rome and two degrees warmer than Marseille and Naples for example. Equal to Barcelona and five degrees above the inland Madrid.

https://www.ipma.pt/en/oclima/normais.clima/1981-2010/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisbon#Climate

Just going by my own experience, and people living over there :)

"the winters are cold, wet, windy, and partly cloudy" with temperatures of anything between 5-10 during for example January is common. And you also have to remember that living on the atlantic coast just by the sea feels different with similar temperatures somewhere inland.
https://weatherspark.com/y/32022/Average-Weather-in-Lisbon-Portugal-Year-Round
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 09:49:56 am by plura »

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30138 on: June 14, 2022, 09:50:26 am »

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30139 on: June 14, 2022, 09:55:05 am »
Neil Atkinson on TAW made a good point about domestic cups and next season’s schedule.

Pre- Xmas there is only 2 league cup games. One just before the break for the World Cup and the 1st game back before PL starts again on Boxing Day. Very likely we’ll play a strong XI in the game before Boxing Day as a sort of pseudo pre season friendly after a 6 week break. To make sure we have that game we might go strong in the 1st league cup game.

The thing that is very different with next seasons schedule is the pre-Xmas schedule. Lots of games and it is virtually all PL and CL. There’s very little opportunity to get game time if you are way down in the squad pecking order. You almost want 20-21 players who you think are worthy of starting PL or CL games. Players like Carvalho and Elliott, if in that pool of 20-21, might play a lot more than some people think. Whether that’s starting more often for rotation purposes or getting off the bench more due to 5 subs.

The schedule next season is so different to normal that I think squad size, depth may need to be thought of slightly differently. The introduction of 5 subs also changes things. I think our squad from this season would be 1 or 2 players too big for the pre-Xmas schedule next season. Think we’ll need a tight knit 20 or 21 who share the games between them. Might be different after Xmas so Jan window could be interesting. Though a lot of that may depend on how far players progress in World Cup
Best time to Play them with 5 subs though. It get the younger player valuable experience in those comps wo the pressure of run in games. Elliott was starting games before his injury. The 5 subs should help. Also possibly the draw in Champions league can help too. Also keeps everybody fresher for the run in.
Im more leaning talking Jones, Elliott, Carvalho more the latter two as Jones has 74 Appearances for Liverpool including all types of games.
Good chances for them to earn game time in games in the second half of the season.
All the games matter equally in the league but coaches are more likely to go the trusted player more in the 2nd half of season and run in. Proving yourself in training and games early is a way to get those.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30140 on: June 14, 2022, 09:56:22 am »

I'm Sure the staff has his full medical records and knows what it is.
Also with 5 subs It good not play all the minutes when your clearly in a winning position, take them off get other player some run etc.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #30141 on: June 14, 2022, 10:04:07 am »

Jurgen has rotated quite heavily in the CL for the past 2 seasons, and will probably do again. Think we will still need numbers because injuries are more likely with this schedule and we just don't know what condition players will come back from the world cup in.

Think sales will be purely on allowing players who want regular football / more money to move on rather than pushing anyone out.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30142 on: June 14, 2022, 10:07:19 am »
Nunez getting his photo taken outside Melwood there;

https://twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/status/1536631275762720768?s=21&t=O4vouyWFYfdVdjOzRvmLKA
Might be waiting a while for his medical if he's at Melwood

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30143 on: June 14, 2022, 10:07:20 am »
Dan K's comparison from the AI Under Pressure podcast of the signings two years before they signed for LFC (same as they did for Diaz).

Free podcast is here - it's excellent. https://twitter.com/AIUnderPressure/status/1536621091615125504

(Particular highlight for me was the anecdotal chat from a Benfica coach saying he was 'A rapid Batistuta'.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 10:22:04 am by royhendo »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #30144 on: June 14, 2022, 10:07:38 am »
Football is changing, and we'll have 5 subs in every match from the next season on. I think it is going to change the game a little, and help with injuries.

Think it changes football radically but that it’ll take a while for managers / coaches to properly adjust and it may even be the next generation of coaches that does
A lot of behavior with subs is conventional and a lot of those conventions will be wrong with 5

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30145 on: June 14, 2022, 10:07:52 am »
Might be waiting a while for his medical if he's at Melwood

;D

Old habits die hard and that.

Online stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30146 on: June 14, 2022, 10:12:09 am »
Nunez getting his photo taken outside Melwood there;

https://twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/status/1536631275762720768?s=21&t=O4vouyWFYfdVdjOzRvmLKA

Was really hoping the snide man bun would be gone before he signed. Sad.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #30147 on: June 14, 2022, 10:15:14 am »

Don’t worry, Harvey will have a word during pre-season :P

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30148 on: June 14, 2022, 10:16:40 am »

I think Klopp set his stall out when he allowed Harvey Elliott to have that hairdo. Also Van Dijk has one of those as well.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #30149 on: June 14, 2022, 10:19:21 am »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #30150 on: June 14, 2022, 10:23:40 am »
I love a player with long hair me. Well, except for when Kewell had two ponytails. That was just silly.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30151 on: June 14, 2022, 10:27:34 am »
FfS is the daft twat lost already?

At least he's not gone into a school
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30152 on: June 14, 2022, 10:27:53 am »

Awful isn't it. The whole Women's team have that hairstyle too. Shocking.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30153 on: June 14, 2022, 10:28:44 am »
I love a player with long hair me. Well, except for when Kewell had two ponytails. That was just silly.

And Harvey's atrocious haircut when he first joined us.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30154 on: June 14, 2022, 10:36:34 am »
Not signing a midfielder would be really odd. It's basically the only way to improve our 'first' 11. The only reason that'd make sense to me is we're confident of landing bellingham next summer and don't want to spend the money it'll take on someone else this summer.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #30155 on: June 14, 2022, 10:37:03 am »
And Harvey's atrocious haircut when he first joined us.
Is it better now? :o
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30156 on: June 14, 2022, 10:38:33 am »
Not signing a midfielder would be really odd. It's basically the only way to improve our 'first' 11.

We would've signed Tchouemani if Mbappe didn't ditch Madrid last min in fairness.

Maybe all our eggs where on him and now its 2nd choice again like Jota, Salah etc...

If it is, then I'd imagine thats Bellingham, and Dortmund won't sell him when theyve just sold Haaland surely?

It is frustrating as it feels like we are always waiting a while for the signings, but I can see logic behind it at the same time.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30157 on: June 14, 2022, 10:41:13 am »
We would've signed Tchouemani if Mbappe didn't ditch Madrid last min in fairness.

Maybe all our eggs where on him and now its 2nd choice again like Jota, Salah etc...

If it is, then I'd imagine thats Bellingham, and Dortmund won't sell him when theyve just sold Haaland surely?

It is frustrating as it feels like we are always waiting a while for the signings, but I can see logic behind it at the same time.

Personally think we’re going to need 2 midfielders in the next 2 years so I could see the logic in doing one now and one next year, even if next year’s is the higher profile of the two.

I’d be surprised if the only business we do is Nunez and Ramsay personally but then it probably wouldn’t be that shocking as we’re not averse to quietish windows.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30158 on: June 14, 2022, 10:41:47 am »
Not signing a midfielder would be really odd. It's basically the only way to improve our 'first' 11. The only reason that'd make sense to me is we're confident of landing bellingham next summer and don't want to spend the money it'll take on someone else this summer.

The only way we should be confident enough of getting him next Summer is if we agree a deal now and sign him then, like we did with Naby. If this isn't the case then it's a bit of a gamble to not get someone in now considering it's an area that needs looking at.

Online amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30159 on: June 14, 2022, 10:44:38 am »
Think someone also made a good point that we could be seeing Salah and Firmino leaving next season and would need replacing, so you don't want too much upheaval in one window. Having to replace two attackers and also getting a first choice midfielder in is quite a task.