Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3144643 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #30320 on: June 14, 2022, 04:57:00 pm »
Why do people keep saying this like its a stone cold fact...?

Its another year closer to his contract expiring, he might have an average season, he might have a big injury (not uncommon for box to box 19 year olds), someone else might reveal themselves to be the 'best young CM in world football'. We're not talking bargain prices here, if the rumours on this page are right then its pretty much the most expensive fee for a CM ever. And he cost them £30 million, so practically tripling what was already a big fee. £60 million odd profit, they may well fancy it considering they've just sold someone who should have been an even bigger profit for a 'paltry' £30 million odd profit.
Yeah you're right, promising young footballers are renowned for dropping in value.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #30321 on: June 14, 2022, 04:58:02 pm »
Twitter world wouldn't cope with us signing two £100 billion players in one summer

I don’t think anyone would be able to cope with that.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30322 on: June 14, 2022, 04:58:53 pm »
don't they already have a silly good midfield line-up for the future with Camavinga, Tchouameni and Valverde

Think Bellingham would pick us, based on nothing at all but the overall vibe my heart gets when i think about it. Isn't he a Stevie G stan as well  ::)

He’s a Liverpool fan I think. I’d be fairly confident about us getting Bellingham if we go in for him and are willing to pay the money required.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #30323 on: June 14, 2022, 04:58:54 pm »
could turn out another Delli Ally

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30324 on: June 14, 2022, 05:00:01 pm »
could turn out another Delli Ally

His attitude is very very different.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30325 on: June 14, 2022, 05:00:56 pm »
If Madrid are going to beat us to Bellingham, better they do it this summer than next. That way we can adapt our plans early, rather than spending 12 months trying to recruit him only to see him end up in Spain anyway.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #30326 on: June 14, 2022, 05:03:48 pm »
I don’t think anyone would be able to cope with that.

even more so when the likes of Manchester City are signing Haaland for a bargain £42.70 with not a single add-on or agent/dad fees
The change is cast

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30327 on: June 14, 2022, 05:07:53 pm »
If Madrid are going to beat us to Bellingham, better they do it this summer than next. That way we can adapt our plans early, rather than spending 12 months trying to recruit him only to see him end up in Spain anyway.
I doubt it works like that. The club will be in dialouge with his agent to get a feel of if he’s interested in moving to us. Would be pointless bidding if the lad has no interest in coming to us and I’m sure as always we’ll have backup options.

Madrids supposed interest coming off the back of a tweet from a shite source I think. Camavinga, tchoo tchoo and the other lad currently in their team that’s not a pensioner, not sure they have a need for Bellingham, especially for that sort of money.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline ThoroughlyMediocre

• Main Stander
« Reply #30328 on: June 14, 2022, 05:08:50 pm »
Yeah you're right, promising young footballers are renowned for dropping in value.

His point stands though - risk tolerance unquestionably plays a role in transfers. If Bellingham does his knee within the first month of the season, they're not getting 90-100m next summer. Depending on what happens with world economic forces, that could influence future bids as well. Admittedly, even if he has an average season I think he would maintain his value, so ultimately I think Dortmund hold on to him. But I'd be surprised if there's not at least some consideration on their part.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30329 on: June 14, 2022, 05:14:53 pm »
'kilos' in this sense is slang along the lines of 100 'big ones'. They are referring to euros, not pounds.
👍

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30330 on: June 14, 2022, 05:15:41 pm »
They could do an open heart in the time it has taken them to do the medical. Looks like Fekir all over again. Be prepared to hear about some dodgy brother in law asking for more wages.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #30331 on: June 14, 2022, 05:18:29 pm »
They could do an open heart in the time it has taken them to do the medical. Looks like Fekir all over again. Be prepared to hear about some dodgy brother in law asking for more wages.

Nunez has had previous knee surgery

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30332 on: June 14, 2022, 05:18:35 pm »
that madrid midfield is stacked. still got kroos and modric even though both are at the tail end of their careers

if he is looking for game time surely a move to liverpool is the logical choice. 3 out of 4 regular starters for our midfield are permanent crocks ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #30333 on: June 14, 2022, 05:18:41 pm »
What if we only play 2 CMs in two thirds of our fixtures next season?

I keep saying this and maybe it's just me? But in what world are you playing Jones, Elliott or Milner in a double pivot? I'd like someone to explain how exactly that would work in a game that's actually competitive.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30334 on: June 14, 2022, 05:19:00 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30335 on: June 14, 2022, 05:19:58 pm »
I keep saying this and maybe it's just me? But in what world are you playing Jones, Elliott or Milner in a double pivot? I'd like someone to explain how exactly that would work in a game that's actually competitive.

Milner has done it but Jones and Elliott havent. I also think they there are several options ahead of them for the slot at ‘10’.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30336 on: June 14, 2022, 05:23:23 pm »
Is Bellingham that good?
I think he is. I mean he is running games for Dortmund at 18. That's four seasons more we'd get out of him over Tchouameni!

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30337 on: June 14, 2022, 05:25:08 pm »
Timing is everything, they're going to want to release it at a time that's convenient for Uruguay as well, it's all about the social media numbers. How many major transfers have we announced in the middle of the working day? I'd imagine it's none.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30338 on: June 14, 2022, 05:26:21 pm »
Nunez has had previous knee surgery
I am getting a bit worried too.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #30339 on: June 14, 2022, 05:26:26 pm »
Could well be waiting a little to see if a certain number becomes available in the next few hours...

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #30340 on: June 14, 2022, 05:28:14 pm »
Milner has done it but Jones and Elliott havent. I also think they there are several options ahead of them for the slot at ‘10’.

At some point someone has to win the ball. Firmino is amazing at it as a forward, not as a midfielder. Unless you want every turnover to result in the opposing team just waltzing up to our box for Virg or Konate to stop then you're a bit limited in your options there.

Yes Milner has done everything, that doesn't mean you would want him in a midfield two at this point in his career unless you have no other option. I don't actually believe we'll switch to a 4231 and if we were then I think those that think we have enough midfielders to actually pull it off because we need one less midfielder are just not accounting for the fact that there are only 4 midfielders that can currently pull that off at a high level.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #30341 on: June 14, 2022, 05:28:21 pm »
With more players now you'd like to think when we buy them we're buying them for the rest of their careers. If you could sign Bellingham this summer or the next you'd like to think we'd be getting more than 10 years out of him as a starter. Helps a lot with the transfer fee too, we wouldn't spend 100 million for 3 or 4 years of service. Goes for plenty of players really, Nunez costs a lot now but if he's here into his thirties he'll have surely paid it all back in goals.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30342 on: June 14, 2022, 05:36:43 pm »

;D

Why you so invested in this? Your money?

His medical was finished earlier.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30343 on: June 14, 2022, 05:38:32 pm »

We have the best back line in the world even their backups are better than other teams starters. Great forwards and we just added Nunez who is a good finisher ( hopefully) . The only area where we can improve big is the midfield, a top midfielder could be the difference between us winning the league and the CL or not so we should go all in this summer for a top attacking midfielder to start next to Fabinho and Thiago. Bellingham is too young to make a big difference to a top team the next two or three years

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #30344 on: June 14, 2022, 05:41:55 pm »
I very much doubt that we would spend that much money on such a young player as Bellingham. Almost all key Liverpool signings under Klopp have been a bit older about 21-24, and more ready for Liverpool level of football.
Klopp also seems to appreciate experience in his CMs

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #30345 on: June 14, 2022, 05:45:02 pm »
We have the best back line in the world even their backups are better than other teams starters. Great forwards and we just added Nunez who is a good finisher ( hopefully) . The only area where we can improve big is the midfield, a top midfielder could be the difference between us winning the league and the CL or not so we should go all in this summer for a top attacking midfielder to start next to Fabinho and Thiago. Bellingham is too young to make a big difference to a top team the next two or three years

I like Bellingham but think this could be true. I keep thinking he's 20/21 now but he's not even 19 until the end of this month, that's crazy when he's played two full seasons in Dortmund's side and one for Birmingham in the Championship. Footballers would obviously back themselves to succeed anywhere but if I was him I'd probably be spending two more years in Germany at least as opposed to getting off this summer or next year. He's got three years left on his contract, I reckon it'd be great if he ran it down to just one year and joined us on a reduced fee, but it's looking like he'll be leaving next summer, maybe a slight chance this summer. My guess is to City or Chelsea and it always has been. Don't think he'll go to Spain.

Creates a conundrum about what happens in the meantime. We've had situations where it can only be one in our eyes, like Van Dijk or Ali, but there's been other targets missed out on and others joining instead. My guess is we don't sign another midfielder this summer, but next summer if we don't sign Bellingham we'll have had another season to assess options.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 05:47:23 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #30346 on: June 14, 2022, 05:46:43 pm »
My guess is to City or Chelsea and it always has been.

Always has been? Hasn't he been batting his eyelashes at us for a while now and almost all reports seem to suggest he really wants to join us?

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30347 on: June 14, 2022, 05:48:18 pm »

Milner maybe (Jack does qualify his statement that its against 2/3 of teams so presumably ones weak enough that you don't mind Milner starting at all, irrespective of position), but 100% can't see Elliott there. Not sure about Jones. He's pretty decent in terms of controlling the game through possession, but fairly lacking in the defensive department. Too easy to play around outside of possession too, but wouldn't be opposed to seeing it in a cup game or two.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30348 on: June 14, 2022, 05:49:29 pm »
It was around 2015 when a club scout based in South America spotted the young Uruguayan striker playing for Penarol’s under-19s.

Since then Liverpool tracked Nunez’s progress as he went from making his debut in place of ex-Liverpool player Maxi Rodriguez for Penarol in November 2017 to his European move to Almeria, in Spain’s second division, in 2019.

https://theathletic.com/3362218/2022/06/14/darwin-nunez-vs-liverpool-analysing-the-two-games-that-wowed-klopp/

This makes me feel a lot better

Hardly a surprise. We have the best scouting and analytics department in the World ...

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #30349 on: June 14, 2022, 05:51:58 pm »
My bet is Bellingham ends up at City next season.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #30350 on: June 14, 2022, 05:52:40 pm »
I dont think we'll spend 80-90 million on Bellingham, especially given we have Harvey, Curtis and now Carvalho at a similar age who play the similar position. Bellingham is a good player with bags of potential and loads of experience at a good level already but plenty still to develop and improve. For that price tag, given that we already have a few of our own lads in a similar situation and good potential, this just wouldn't make sense for us. I don't see us being in for him this summer at least.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30351 on: June 14, 2022, 05:52:45 pm »
Is Bellingham that good?

Not from the little I've seen of him. He's excellent, but I reckon Frenkie DJ is currently better and has a higher ceiling. If we're spunking all our wad I'd buy FDJ. Just my 2 cents...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #30352 on: June 14, 2022, 05:56:15 pm »
Bellingham is the real deal. It’s a long time, if ever, since I’ve seen someone so young be clearly such a leader.

He’s good enough now to improve our starting XI. I’d call €100m a bargain. I honestly think he’s good enough that we’d look back at him as a VVD or Alisson style transfer where we agree they were a bargain, regardless of the high fee.

Can’t see them allowing him to leave in the same window as Haaland or that we’d be in for him at €100m+.

De Jong and Bellingham are completely different players, if anything they’re complimentary of one another’s skill sets. De Jong is also 7 years older than Bellingham, if we’re talking about development time. Bellingham is an elite progressor who shows signs of developing into an assist-heavy 8 who can create either through quality of delivery, or by driving forward with the ball. Good presser and profiles a lot like Naby Keita. De Jong is more of a metronomic passing presence. A good progressor with the ball also, but a deeper totem-like passer who doesn’t really press or contain at all. They’d sit nicely in Keita and Thiago’s spots in an alternate universe.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 06:01:47 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #30353 on: June 14, 2022, 05:56:17 pm »

Good.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30354 on: June 14, 2022, 05:56:52 pm »
What if we only play 2 CMs in two thirds of our fixtures next season?

Then I’d ideally like us to bring in another profile of Midfielder … or a top class 10.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #30355 on: June 14, 2022, 05:57:11 pm »
Milner maybe (Jack does qualify his statement that its against 2/3 of teams so presumably ones weak enough that you don't mind Milner starting at all, irrespective of position), but 100% can't see Elliott there. Not sure about Jones. He's pretty decent in terms of controlling the game through possession, but fairly lacking in the defensive department. Too easy to play around outside of possession too, but wouldn't be opposed to seeing it in a cup game or two.

The quality of the league keeps improving though as the money keeps flowing in. You really only have the newly promoted teams that don't want to push the boat out because they need to recoup all their losses from the Championship that feel like complete gimmies.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #30356 on: June 14, 2022, 06:01:32 pm »
I'm sure 60 is diamond - don't think there's anything after platinum...could be wrong though.

Bitcoin...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30357 on: June 14, 2022, 06:02:42 pm »
Where's the Nunez announcement @LFC?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #30358 on: June 14, 2022, 06:03:47 pm »

I have no idea if we’ll play a double pivot or not but it’s obv an option and would change the balance needed in the squad
I’d like to see us buy a midfielder but if we don’t that might be part of the reason why

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30359 on: June 14, 2022, 06:04:18 pm »

Nah, no future star with half a brain will pick Man City over Real Madrid and LFC ...