Author Topic: Euro 2020 (2021) Chat & Final MATCH THREAD  (Read 532080 times)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Euro 2020 (2021) Chat & Final MATCH THREAD
« Reply #22480 on: July 8, 2021, 08:34:23 pm »
Personally, the thought of Pickford lifting the Euros on Sunday after what he did to Van Dijk (who couldn't play in it) knocks me sick. It could have been Holland in the final instead otherwise. There's still a lot of anger over that for one thing.

I wasn't too bothered otherwise going into the game, just wanted to watch a good match after the Ukraine walkover, but the antics of Kane were a fucking disgrace last night and as the game went on just got more and more annoying. And the cheating twat is called 'clever'. Then the match winning dive from Sterling. It was fucking sickening.

And yet you'll still watch the final and come on here and tell us all how 'sickened' you are :lmao
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22481 on: July 8, 2021, 08:34:54 pm »

All morons jumping on a bandwagon which could still end in failure yet.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #22482 on: July 8, 2021, 08:37:21 pm »
Supporting a team, whatever team, is sound. 'Anti'-supporting a team is a bit soft.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #22483 on: July 8, 2021, 08:37:24 pm »
And yet you'll still watch the final and come on here and tell us all how 'sickened' you are :lmao

I'll wait for the Olympics to start instead, so I can watch the real thing (diving)

I'll avoid it if I can, as there'll be very little actual football played. Ultimately I just want to watch a good, fair match.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #22484 on: July 8, 2021, 08:38:29 pm »
Let's face it. The supply teacher has lost control of the classroom.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22485 on: July 8, 2021, 08:41:28 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22486 on: July 8, 2021, 08:42:26 pm »
There are really people that exist that don't know about the widespread racism and xenophobia when you go to Wembley?

I used to be a firm follower of England. I used to love the Internationals and the team playing.

Then I worked in London and went to Wembley a couple of times in the late 80s.

Fuck. That. Hated them ever since. Fucking Combat 18, NF and all sort of racist fucking shithouses and they weren't the only twats - witnessed loads of attacks on the opposition fans, abuse, violence, shit been thrown.

Absolutely fuck them. Why would anyone want to be associated with that?

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22487 on: July 8, 2021, 08:43:13 pm »

Supporting a team, whatever team, is sound. 'Anti'-supporting a team is a bit soft.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22488 on: July 8, 2021, 08:44:08 pm »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22489 on: July 8, 2021, 08:45:11 pm »
There are really people that exist that don't know about the widespread racism and xenophobia when you go to Wembley?

I used to be a firm follower of England. I used to love the Internationals and the team playing.

Fuck. That. Hated them ever since. Fucking Combat 18, NF and all sort of racist fucking shithouses and they weren't the only twats - witnessed loads of attacks on the opposition fans, abuse, violence, shit been thrown.

Ever been to Italy as an away fan?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #22490 on: July 8, 2021, 08:45:15 pm »
I just had a really nice chilli for tea.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #22491 on: July 8, 2021, 08:45:41 pm »
Due to the second world war, which I have no recollection of, because I was pissed on mild and port, and them being bezzies with Adolf(who only had one ball) I've decided I'm going for the Swiss, and be neutral.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22492 on: July 8, 2021, 08:45:58 pm »

What does anti supporting a team entail? Wanting them to lose?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22493 on: July 8, 2021, 08:47:11 pm »
A letter is going out tomorrow to advise parents about possible detentions. Long detentions  ;D

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #22494 on: July 8, 2021, 08:48:11 pm »
I wish England the best, but can't help feeling this will all end in tears. Following the premier league, we know these players. England aren't in the top 4 teams in the world, hell, they are not even in the top 4 teams in Europe. It seems the stars have aligned: average German and Ukraine team, barely dived past Denmark. Lucky to have avoided any of Portuga,l Belgium, Spain, France... England are in the final though, so of course there is a chance. And Kane and Sterling have certainly rasied their shithousery levels to world class standards. How ironic if this team wins, when imo the Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, etc teams had far more quality.
Good luck.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #22495 on: July 8, 2021, 08:49:41 pm »
I was going to reply 'that's what Hitlers mum said' Then got me thinking about that, Hitlers parents, so went down the rabbit hole and found out they died quite early, Hitler was left with his mother Klara after the father died, his mother found a lump in her breast, after surgery on it they found it had spread, Adolf then spent months with treatment begging the doctors to not let her die. After much tried and failed further medical attempts to help, Klara eventually died a short while after aged 47 leaving a young Adolf devastated.

In short, I'm now sat feeling really sorry for young Hitler. Nice one.

No need to feel sorry for the stupid twat. His mother died when he was 18. Not saying that losing your mother when you're 18 is not bad, but it's not as if he was a 5-year-old kid without parents sitting at a street corner. Apparently, he also asked to doctor for a certain kind of treatment for his mother and that actually killed her faster. After she had died, he said he was an art-student in Vienna so he could get an Orphan's pension and his mother's inheritance. When his legal guardian asked him to give up his part of the pension for his underage sister and to get a job, he just cut off contacts with them, because he loathed the thought of getting a regular job and wanted to become an artist. So yeah, even though he lost his parents quite young, he was still a massive twat... ;)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22496 on: July 8, 2021, 08:49:51 pm »

I have not. Refuse to go there as a fan.

Went to France once as a fan at that was disgraceful.

Been to Germany quite a few times -fantastic fans and people. Been to Spain quite a few times as well - brilliant and been to quite a few European countries too - again had a great time.

BUt I have been to France and Germany and Spain and Italy and maybe another ten European countries as a tourist and had a lovely time - the missus and I treated very well and loved meeting the people and travelling.

But I'm not assocaited with these European countries and I AM associated with England and their fans are a fucking disgrace. Fuck them.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #22497 on: July 8, 2021, 08:50:37 pm »

To be sure Andy's never left Liverpool.

Except to be born. 😊
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22498 on: July 8, 2021, 08:52:22 pm »

Except to be born. 😊

Once you get here, the padlocks are quite tricky to pick :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22499 on: July 8, 2021, 08:53:58 pm »

Except to be born. 😊

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22501 on: July 8, 2021, 08:55:09 pm »
Sir Jordan Henderson has a nice ring to it  don't you think?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22502 on: July 8, 2021, 08:55:13 pm »
Poor Joe Gomez, he's suggesting the whole nation is behind the England team.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/306212-joe-gomez-england-world-cup

Can we go to the Gomez song thread and find words that rhyme with deluded?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22503 on: July 8, 2021, 08:56:11 pm »
I have not. Refuse to go there as a fan.

Went to France once as a fan at that was disgraceful.

Been to Germany quite a few times -fantastic fans and people. Been to Spain quite a few times as well - brilliant and been to quite a few European countries too - again had a great time.

BUt I have been to France and Germany and Spain and Italy and maybe another ten European countries as a tourist and had a lovely time - the missus and I treated very well and loved meeting the people and travelling.

But I'm not assocaited with these European countries and I AM associated with England and their fans are a fucking disgrace. Fuck them.

But you’ve got an Italian flag as an avatar and will be cheering them on to win on Sunday despite suffering from many of the issues that you describe.

I get why people aren’t massive England fans or don’t associate themselves with them, I don’t get how people can choose not to support them due to the behaviour of sections of the fanbase and then actively will another team who has similar problems on to win instead. The argument of not being associated with them doesn’t make a great deal of sense to me as the world is a small place and we’re conscious and aware of the bulk of what can go on in Italy.

For context I fucking love Italy and Italian people, but they do suffer from football hooliganism and a trip to an Italian away is similar to how I would imagine 80s England would be. Even at anfield when we played Juve I had a group of them jump me and push me about surrounding me and I was 17 at that point.

Of course the fact is that in both section of support it is a minority (and it is a minority with England,) if people feel strongly enough about the behaviour of that minority to not support the national team then fair enough but to will then to lose to a nation suffering from similar if not worse issues is mad to me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22504 on: July 8, 2021, 08:56:24 pm »
Poor Joe Gomez, he's suggesting the whole nation is behind the England team.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/306212-joe-gomez-england-world-cup

Can we go to the Gomez song thread and find words that rhyme with deluded?

You love em though John. You're their biggest bestest ever fan :D

Hopefully pinting at the match with actual football will be on the cards at some point in the near future.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22505 on: July 8, 2021, 08:58:28 pm »

What does anti supporting a team entail? Wanting them to lose?

?? Hello?

Could you answer this please.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #22506 on: July 8, 2021, 08:59:38 pm »
A letter is going out tomorrow to advise parents about possible detentions. Long detentions  ;D

That's good to know. I was, of course, commenting on the supply teacher being the referee and the class being the England squad turning a blind eye to Sterling's dubious momentary loss of balance 😉

Seriously, this thread is an interesting dip check of feelings...
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22507 on: July 8, 2021, 08:59:56 pm »
But you’ve got an Italian flag as an avatar and will be cheering them on to win on Sunday despite suffering from many of the issues that you describe.

I get why people aren’t massive England fans or don’t associate themselves with them, I don’t get how people can choose not to support them due to the behaviour of sections of the fanbase and then actively will another team who has similar problems on to win instead. The argument of not being associated with them doesn’t make a great deal of sense to me as the world is a small place and we’re conscious and aware of the bulk of what can go on in Italy.

For context I fucking love Italy and Italian people, but they do suffer from football hooliganism and a trip to an Italian away is similar to how I would imagine 80s England would be. Even at anfield when we played Juve I had a group of them jump me and push me about surrounding me and I was 17 at that point.

Of course the fact is that in both section of support it is a minority (and it is a minority with England,) if people feel strongly enough about the behaviour of that minority to not support the national team then fair enough but to will then to lose to a nation suffering from similar if not worse issues is mad to me.

Because I've had to suffer Engerlund dickheads for over fifty years mate. I've had countless arguments about them being shithouses, nasty, racist, xenophobic and twats.

I've seen our players and our club and our city and our fans slagged off time and again by the media that gloss over shit by England fans.

I've seen the shite that get behind England and I've said it before - I do feel a little sad that I can't just join in and give up - but too much shite and too much time under that bridge.

Even petty things like Salah and Mane getting told they are 'ruining football' with their cheating and then seeing Sterling dive and cos he's English that's OK.

I try not to be a hypocrite and I can't fucking stand most of the English players or their twatty clubs or their gobshite fans and if I turned around now wanting them to rule the world then I would be one massive hypocrite. How can you despite a player playing for the Mancs and want to suck them off playing for England?

Nah. Can't do it. Fuck 'em.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #22508 on: July 8, 2021, 09:04:12 pm »

The late 80's is not 2021. I'm pretty sure if all those things were regularly happening now, the media would be all over it.

Are you telling us you don't think we should associate ourselves with the minority of late 80's extremist England fans? I'm pretty sure no-one on here does, so not sure what point you're trying to make.

Theres also no connection between Liverpool fans wanting their national team to do well, and being associated with Combat 18, the NF, or racist abuse and attacks.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22509 on: July 8, 2021, 09:05:47 pm »
Because I've had to suffer Engerlund dickheads for over fifty years mate. I've had countless arguments about them being shithouses, nasty, racist, xenophobic and twats.

I've seen our players and our club and our city and our fans slagged off time and again by the media that gloss over shit by England fans.

I've seen the shite that get behind England and I've said it before - I do feel a little sad that I can't just join in and give up - but too much shite and too much time under that bridge.

Even petty things like Salah and Mane getting told they are 'ruining football' with their cheating and then seeing Sterling dive and cos he's English that's OK.

I try not to be a hypocrite and I can't fucking stand most of the English players or their twatty clubs or their gobshite fans and if I turned around now wanting them to rule the world then I would be one massive hypocrite. How can you despite a player playing for the Mancs and want to suck them off playing for England?

Nah. Can't do it. Fuck 'em.

I get all of that.

To be honest with the exception of Pickford I don’t really have any issues with the England players but I can see how others might. My biggest issue with it is that if you support Liverpool and go the matches on a regular basis (or did so at one point or another) you will have hopefully learnt that we sing certain songs (and specifically don’t sing certain songs) have a certain identity and culture from the flags and banners to European nights and England is by and large the anthesis of that, you’ll never see me in a stadium singing ‘Southgate you’re the one’ or ‘sweet Caroline’ but you might find me pissed in a pub doing so if the result has gone a certain way because it’s a bit of fun which is how I see much of this.

As I say, it’s no gripe with not supporting the country as people are free to do whatever they want. I just can’t get my head around not supporting a country because of the behaviour of their fans whilst actively supporting another country in specific match who suffer from similar issues but turning a blind eye to that.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #22510 on: July 8, 2021, 09:09:29 pm »

Make sure it doesn't get mixed up with Show My Homework, J. Get 10 a day of those fuckers and me lad's been on holiday since end of May  ;D

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22511 on: July 8, 2021, 09:10:53 pm »
You love em though John. You're their biggest bestest ever fan :D
Hopefully pinting at the match with actual football will be on the cards at some point in the near future.
You're always good for a pint in my book Andy mate  :thumbup Sunday night supporting Jordan can be a warm up for you :)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22512 on: July 8, 2021, 09:11:10 pm »
Back to the football....

Who would have thought a midfield of Rice, Phillips and Mount would get to a National Euro Final a few years ago.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22513 on: July 8, 2021, 09:11:30 pm »
As I say, it’s no gripe with not supporting the country as people are free to do whatever they want. I just can’t get my head around not supporting a country because of the behaviour of their fans whilst actively supporting another country in specific match who suffer from similar issues but turning a blind eye to that.
Exactly that.  I watched the semi final as pretty much a neutral as I'm not that arsed about Ing-er-lund and all the nonsense that goes with being Ing-er-lund, also the Danes are a good plucky underdog story.

This Italy team have all the worst traits of this England team and then some.  If people watch the final as they did the CL final - hoping for a mass brawl or Godzilla attack resulting in the game being null and void - then that's one thing but I can't get my head around any English person supporting Italy in the final.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22514 on: July 8, 2021, 09:12:00 pm »
Back to the football....

Who would have thought a midfield of Rice, Phillips and Mount would get to a National Euro Final a few years ago.

Screw a few years ago, how about a day ago.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22515 on: July 8, 2021, 09:12:33 pm »
Screw a few years ago, how about a day ago.

;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22516 on: July 8, 2021, 09:14:57 pm »
Make sure it doesn't get mixed up with Show My Homework, J. Get 10 a day of those fuckers and me lad's been on holiday since end of May  ;D

:lmao I'd love to witness one arrive P mate.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #22517 on: July 8, 2021, 09:17:46 pm »
Speaking of England's midfield, I was struck at the amount of times the ball bypassed the midfield and went straight to Kane, Sterling, or Saka. I genuinely think they could play Mark Noble alongside Declan Rice and it wouldn't affect them too much because England are just very good going forward and at the back. The midfield is just sort of...there.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #22518 on: July 8, 2021, 09:18:26 pm »
:lmao

That is one of the most pathetic things I hav ever seen. It was a semifinal FFS.  ;D

That'll really show those Danes.

"It's tongue in cheek - nobody would want to offend any of our Danish friends - in fact, they probably played better."
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #22519 on: July 8, 2021, 09:25:19 pm »
Not sure what you're trying to say here, Yorky? Is diversity a colour of your skin thing as your examples seem to signify? If so, there is very little diversity in the likes of Bradford, Leicester, Luton, pretty much white or Asian isn't it? Where's the diversity there?

What's race? What's ethnicity? I don't know mate. It's a minefield isn't it?

But i wouldn't underestimate how 'diverse' those Asians are you mention. I'm not going to trawl through the stats and you probably wouldn't want me to. But I can say of growing up in my own town (Hudders) that the Asian population that planted itself there after the war was pretty diverse in itself. Most were Punjabis, but evenly divided between India and Pakistan, with Sikhs and Muslims predominating, but some Hindus too.

Then there was a substantial number of Bengalis, again divided between Bangladeshis and folks from Calcutta. The town also drew in West Indians, mainly from Grenada and Jamaica, but not just from there.

Then when I was at secondary school we had an influx of Kenyan and Ugandan Asians - thrown out by Kenyatta and Amin - who had little in common with their Indian cousins.

Plus Huddersfield alteady had a fairly large Irish population. I can still remember the football teams I played againt - Our Lady of Lourdes, St Joe's and St Pat's (Celtic strip and the tougest kids on the pitch you could imagine).

Thatt's a lot diversity for a town about the seventh of the size of Liverpool. And it's not that unusual in what has now become 'post industrial' England.

Nowt like Brixton tho! That is something else. And you wouldnt believe how the place is now rallying round the football.

Despite everything. 

It's pretty great to see actually. And brilliant of course that the English lads have backgrounds from all over the place. God knows there are enough things to grumble about in this country, especially with the Fucking Clown in charge. But the footy isnt one of them.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.