Author Topic: Euro 2020 (2021) Chat & Final MATCH THREAD  (Read 530753 times)

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
Re: Euro 2020 (2021) Chat & Final MATCH THREAD
« Reply #22560 on: July 9, 2021, 12:56:43 am »
While we’re at it, the nazis created autobahns and the VW beetle.
Err, that is a no on both counts. These myths really should have died by now. The Autobahn was conceived during the Weimar Republic, the "people's car" idea and design by a Hungarian precedes that of Porsche by several years. As a German I get angry about "Hitler invented the Autobahn", because plain and simple he did not. This is a leftover from Nazi propaganda. (Just as a side note, not intented to derail the thread.)
Edit: Of course this is not saying that you are spreading Nazi propaganda. Just shows how ingrained these sort of lies have become in the minds of people worldwide. Like alternative facts.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2021, 01:03:14 am by lamad »

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #22561 on: July 9, 2021, 01:12:39 am »
Pizza night in ours on Sunday.

But for all you pork pie hat wearing, face painted, seal clapping, laser pointing, bandwagon jumping Ingerland beauts, a word of advice.

Never, ever:

Forget that Sir Chinbeast of Kane is the greatest stroika in the world

Forget To wear free lions on your shirt

Forget to mess up the words to your own National Anthem [God Save our Queen? Dickheads]

Forget to boo the other team's anthem [Class, innit?]

Surrender to the IRA

The Italians are a shower of dirty cheating c*nts. However, I fervently hope that every one of their dives and bits of play acting are rewarded by freekicks, penalties and cards for the opposition.

The sound of the hypocrisy and outrage all over the Xenophobic English meejya the next day would be as beautiful to my ears as a Puccini opera.

Forza Azzuri!

and where are you from? What's your ethnic background?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #22562 on: July 9, 2021, 01:13:12 am »
Wish you could still use the cane

Hahaha. My first term as a secondary teacher in a newly designated ‘comprehensive’ (up until then, a girls grammar), and a very diverse staff of old grammar school lags, ex-sec mod, and wet-behind-the-ears newbies like me. The new year 7 intake were from the roughest estates in Wrexham - Queens Park and Spring Lodge.

So this old lag, having just ‘taught’ a year 7 class, throws his battered leather briefcase across the staffroom, into ‘his’ chair, and shouts for all to hear, “they should bring back capital punishment!”. A colleague said, “surely you mean corporal punishment?”

“I know what I fucking mean”...
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #22563 on: July 9, 2021, 02:13:40 am »
Ah, the innocence of youth back then, mate. Mexico. Bobby Moore accused of shoplifting, Banks being nobbled and Bonetti in goal. Cruising at 2-0 and Alf took the tout off, saving his legs. Remember it well. Then the Brazilians. Best team I've ever seen. Just made me smiley and tingly watching them. Still does. It was the same for me back then, though, I wasn't arsed. But, but the Germans, they bombed our chippy, how can you support them, some said? I didn't but was just not arsed. Had me grandad, me arl fellah and me Uncles indocrinating me abah trade unionism (NUR and ASLEF), all worked on the railway in one capacity or another. 2nd and 3rd generation white Irish back then they were, fucking hated the English but loved the reds. I have never hated the English, it's its institutions I abhor as I mentioned in an earlier post. All Thatcher did for me was confirm what I'd already been warned, that England and its establishment had it in for Liverpool and had for many years because of its 'militant' workforce. The rest is, most definitely, history and should always be remembered, for their plan to bring the City to its knees through 'managed decline.'

Mexico. Yeah P. Footy’s zenith for me too mate. And all those mesmerised by it. Footy in colour on the telly for the very first time. Unbelievable. How that Brazil team is scorched into the psyche of those who were seeing those gold shirted blue shorted white socked maestros actually gracing our living rooms. Pele, Jairzinho, Tostao, Clodoaldo, Carlos Alberto, Rivelinho, Gerson, Everaldo. Technicolour names and footy to match. The glorious visions they bestowed to make you salivate. As you say P. You go weak at the knees recalling them. Blazing sunshine. The ball caressed as if it were some precious lover by magic feet. Each of them a wizard in boots. Passes always delivered succulently on a plate. That dribble of Clodoaldo to make ballerinas green with envy. The Pele dummy of all dummies. My god.

Anyroad where was I. Oh yeah. Yeah we were all willing England to win. I loved that all white Real Madrid kit we wore. Did I just sat “we” ? Bloodyhell shows where I was back then. Best ever England team for me. But then again it was not that many more years before I would come to share the sort of indifference you seem to have had from birth by the sound of it. My family were all solid working class Catholic folks but there was no Irish or big union influence that I was ever aware of. And as you say, it then dawned that you were “different”. Aah. Nice little memory trip.

:)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22564 on: July 9, 2021, 06:55:47 am »
As for football I think the images below explain a certain lukewarm attitude to England for some, regardless of Liverpool.
<snip>
Fucks sake, that really needs a warning...

*retching and heaving*
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22565 on: July 9, 2021, 07:00:50 am »
Hahaha. My first term as a secondary teacher in a newly designated ‘comprehensive’ (up until then, a girls grammar), and a very diverse staff of old grammar school lags, ex-sec mod, and wet-behind-the-ears newbies like me. The new year 7 intake were from the roughest estates in Wrexham - Queens Park and Spring Lodge.

So this old lag, having just ‘taught’ a year 7 class, throws his battered leather briefcase across the staffroom, into ‘his’ chair, and shouts for all to hear, “they should bring back capital punishment!”. A colleague said, “surely you mean corporal punishment?”

My old head still used to keep his canes (yes plural) on full display in his office long after corporal punishment was banned. If you were sent to his office for behaviour-related issues, he'd make sure you noticed them and once (allegedly according to a 'friend' ;D) said "a few years ago. I'd have introduced you to this repeatedly". Psychological terror is the worst.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #22566 on: July 9, 2021, 07:05:10 am »

But for all you pork pie hat wearing, face painted, seal clapping, laser pointing, bandwagon jumping Ingerland beauts, a word of advice.

Never, ever:

Forget to mess up the words to your own National Anthem [God Save our Queen? Dickheads]

Surrender to the IRA

The Italians are a shower of dirty cheating c*nts. However, I fervently hope that every one of their dives and bits of play acting are rewarded by freekicks, penalties and cards for the opposition.

The sound of the hypocrisy and outrage all over the Xenophobic English meejya the next day would be as beautiful to my ears as a Puccini opera.

Forza Azzuri!

😁 100% with you on all of that mate.......boss posts by Timbo and VBG too...hats off
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22567 on: July 9, 2021, 07:13:36 am »

Just to avoid confusion. My post about our Eri's school sweep possibly having any impact on my now long standing Thatcher and cronies initiated gradually evolved lack of connection to what I'd term middle England and my ensuing lack of affiliation to any England team was 100% tongue in cheek.

:)
I knew that Timbo. I mean it's you after all.

When Italy score and/or win, there's no way in hell you're not running round your living room like a berserker, t-shirt over your head, screaming "Have that! Fucking Thatcher. Boris you c*nt!"...before a more specifically-directed and less sweary PG-friendly "MAGNIFICO!!! IN...YOUR...FACE!" `at your granddaughter whilst her tears begin to well and trickle down her little crestfallen face.

Don't worry, she'll understand and forgive you. Give it a few years mind.

As you and I and others have all said, you can't help how you feel ;)
« Last Edit: July 9, 2021, 07:19:01 am by rossipersempre »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22568 on: July 9, 2021, 07:25:35 am »
and where are you from? What's your ethnic background?

If you're asking that as an England fan, you should probably have spelt it effnik and added an 'innit' on to the end.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22569 on: July 9, 2021, 07:41:16 am »
If anyone fancies doing a new OP thread for the final, PM me  :wave

Probably needs to be ready later today or no later than tomorrow morning though.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22570 on: July 9, 2021, 07:44:37 am »
If anyone fancies doing a new OP thread for the final, PM me  :wave

Probably needs to be ready later today or no later than tomorrow morning though.
Does it have to be written by someone on the right side of "supporting England"? Balanced at least I suppose.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #22571 on: July 9, 2021, 07:48:27 am »

Never, ever:

Surrender to the IRA

Forza Azzuri!

Mmmmm delicious pork pie tasting irony
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22572 on: July 9, 2021, 08:51:52 am »

No ways am I gonna stoop so low as adopting an Italian profile pic Andy. Tut tut.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #22573 on: July 9, 2021, 09:04:19 am »
Orlroit. Dat arry kane is a fackin bewty
Not physically tho innit geeze

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22574 on: July 9, 2021, 09:13:38 am »
BBC Breakfast has the Coldstream Guards brass marching band playing 'Football's Coming Home'.

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #22575 on: July 9, 2021, 09:15:08 am »

;D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22576 on: July 9, 2021, 10:07:55 am »
The other thread though, eh?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XkCBhKs4faI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XkCBhKs4faI</a>
« Last Edit: July 9, 2021, 10:11:16 am by royhendo »

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #22577 on: July 9, 2021, 10:12:24 am »
Exactly. Not sure why anyone needs to defend their particular opinion, or attack someone with an opposite one. There are plenty of reasons people have their opinion and it's not really something to get wound up by.

because english people who make a point of not supporting england are contrarian knobheads

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #22578 on: July 9, 2021, 10:13:18 am »
Am i the only one that likes 'don't take me home'?  :D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22579 on: July 9, 2021, 10:13:47 am »
Am i the only one that likes 'don't take me home'?  :D

Yes
Jurgen YNWA

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #22580 on: July 9, 2021, 10:15:17 am »
Better keep my gob shut then ;)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #22581 on: July 9, 2021, 10:16:37 am »
My old head still used to keep his canes (yes plural) on full display in his office long after corporal punishment was banned. If you were sent to his office for behaviour-related issues, he'd make sure you noticed them and once (allegedly according to a 'friend' ;D) said "a few years ago. I'd have introduced you to this repeatedly". Psychological terror is the worst.

The kane was nothing. You were begging for it from our headmaster because he was a sadist. He preferred using stones. Stoning had the warrant of the Old Testament he said. He even perfected this old Chinese torture for kids who were really naughty. He'd fill them full of dry rice and then make them swallow several pints of water. Then he developed his own bespoke punishment. A big tank of icy water that the miscreant had to sit in for 90 minutes (plus injury time). He called it his Chill Well. What a bastard. 

Mind you it could have been worse I suppose. At places like Eton and Harrow the headmasters actually mount you if you've done something naughty, don't they?

It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22582 on: July 9, 2021, 10:20:52 am »
BBC Breakfast has the Coldstream Guards brass marching band playing 'Football's Coming Home'.

One of my favourite gifs.

I'm surprised you lasted as long (ambivalence) as you did, Roy.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22584 on: July 9, 2021, 10:22:38 am »
Given recruitment of soldiers is higher in poorer areas, that many of the seamen who died in the atlantic were from Liverpool and that Liverpool was bombed more than any other City than London (Bootle moreso than London) it is probably true to say that Liverpool's contribution in Lives and destruction was greater than probably anyone's in WW2. Liverpool though is not seen as a flag waving patriotic city though but people forget the facts. You'd don't have to wave a plastic union jack to be on the right side when it matters.  As for football I think the images below explain a certain lukewarm attitude to England for some, regardless of Liverpool.

I just don't belong

Hahaha, you said seamen!!!

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22585 on: July 9, 2021, 10:30:00 am »
The kane was nothing. You were begging for it from our headmaster because he was a sadist. He preferred using stones. Stoning had the warrant of the Old Testament he said. He even perfected this old Chinese torture for kids who were really naughty. He'd fill them full of dry rice and then make them swallow several pints of water. Then he developed his own bespoke punishment. A big tank of icy water that the miscreant had to sit in for 90 minutes (plus injury time). He called it his Chill Well. What a bastard.
Still, didn't do you any harm eh? ;)

Mind you it could have been worse I suppose. At places like Eton and Harrow the headmasters actually mount you if you've done something naughty, don't they?
So the stories go. Explains so much about recent and present PM's and Cabinets.

It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England.
Haha, nicely done ;D

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #22586 on: July 9, 2021, 10:40:04 am »
Football's coming home on Sunday. And deservedly so given the talent at our disposal. This is the best England team I've seen in all my years of watching football, both in terms of talent and playing as a team. The players from the Gerrard Lampard Scholes era never seemed to be able to gel well as a team, which I don't see in this current crop. While I'm not a big fan of Southgate's approach and tactics, as I think they have the potential for more, the results have undeniably been effective.

Hope we win on Sunday. That would soften the hurt from Sancho going to Man Utd instead of joining us. Still hope Haaland comes tho.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #22587 on: July 9, 2021, 10:52:49 am »
Football's coming home on Sunday. And deservedly so given the talent at our disposal.

What about the talent at Italy's disposal?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22588 on: July 9, 2021, 10:54:08 am »
One of my favourite gifs.

I'm surprised you lasted as long (ambivalence) as you did, Roy.

Ambivalence is the perfect word for me. I've spent a lot of my adult life in England, I've been mostly made to feel welcome, and during Euro 96 I sort of looked a bit like Alan Shearer according to some people to the extent that I'd walk into London shops and people would shout "Sheara-ah". I liked that, and I liked watching the Euro 2000 play off double header with English friends. Glorious failure for us as always - that's our lot in life - painting the failure as glorious gets more tiring the older you get. 

My missus was born in Birmingham, but considers herself Scottish while her brother thinks of himself as English. Their Dad's a lovely Brummy. Their mum's fiercely Welsh. We - my side of the family - are all Scottish as the day is long, but hey ho - we're all Norwegians of some kind when you get down to the bare bones of it.

It's a massive pantomime. It's nice getting older cos that's clearer than ever. The media are a pain in the arse, of course, but t'was ever thus - even when it was quarter finals for England. Matterface took me to just about my limit during extra time the other day, but that's how things work innit?

I like Scotland to win things, but mostly we don't. We are one of the three small chunks of a four part 'rivalry' jigsaw. Of course we're gonna resent it when the other side do well, even if it all happens in a vacuum.   

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22589 on: July 9, 2021, 10:55:12 am »
Matterface took me to just about my limit during extra time the other day, but that's how things work innit?

Nauseating wasn't it. Liking the new avatar.  8)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22590 on: July 9, 2021, 10:57:35 am »
Ambivalence is the perfect word for me. I've spent a lot of my adult life in England, I've been mostly made to feel welcome, and during Euro 96 I sort of looked a bit like Alan Shearer according to some people to the extent that I'd walk into London shops and people would shout "Sheara-ah". I liked that, and I liked watching the Euro 2000 play off double header with English friends. Glorious failure for us as always - that's our lot in life - painting the failure as glorious gets more tiring the older you get. 

My missus was born in Birmingham, but considers herself Scottish while her brother thinks of himself as English. Their Dad's a lovely Brummy. Their mum's fiercely Welsh. We - my side of the family - are all Scottish as the day is long, but hey ho - we're all Norwegians of some kind when you get down to the bare bones of it.

It's a massive pantomime. It's nice getting older cos that's clearer than ever. The media are a pain in the arse, of course, but t'was ever thus - even when it was quarter finals for England. Matterface took me to just about my limit during extra time the other day, but that's how things work innit?

I like Scotland to win things, but mostly we don't. We are one of the three small chunks of a four part 'rivalry' jigsaw. Of course we're gonna resent it when the other side do well, even if it all happens in a vacuum.

Similar situation but in reverse for someone I encounter in work on a regular basis. A retired fella who has as strong a Glasgow accent as you can imagine and loves Rangers more than life itself I think but feels English now. Moved down here (Notts) 40 odd years ago and has had kids born here etc and now supports England when they play Scotland. Identity eh?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22591 on: July 9, 2021, 11:02:02 am »
Similar situation but in reverse for someone I encounter in work on a regular basis. A retired fella who has as strong a Glasgow accent as you can imagine and loves Rangers more than life itself I think but feels English now. Moved down here (Notts) 40 odd years ago and has had kids born here etc and now supports England when they play Scotland. Identity eh?

I worked in Corby for a very brief spell and encountered several people like this, albeit without the Rangersitis. They'd bulk hired a load of people from Motherwell for their steelworks (I think it was) and put them up in houses, paid them well, looked after them and made them feel welcome in their community. Moving from Motherwell, a lot of them naturally hadn't experienced that before. Haha!

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #22592 on: July 9, 2021, 11:08:51 am »
What about the talent at Italy's disposal?
We're better than them overall.

Chiellini is old, and our full backs are better than theirs. Midfield wise Verratti and Jorginho is decent, but we have Rice, Hendo, Mount. Up front we blow them away with Sancho, Sterling, Kane, Foden, Grealish, Saka to name a few, while they only have Chiesa and Insigne. I'd say defence we're better, midfield we're slightly better albeit more equal, and attack we're better. Only position where they're better is keeper, in that I reckon Donnaruma is better than Pickford.

Also in general I meant this England team is good enough to win an international competition, given the amount of talent in the squad.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22593 on: July 9, 2021, 11:11:48 am »
I worked in Corby for a very brief spell and encountered several people like this, albeit without the Rangersitis. They'd bulk hired a load of people from Motherwell for their steelworks (I think it was) and put them up in houses, paid them well, looked after them and made them feel welcome in their community. Moving from Motherwell, a lot of them naturally hadn't experienced that before. Haha!

:D As I occasionally joke about where I'm from, the best things about it are the roads out.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22594 on: July 9, 2021, 11:12:11 am »
Still, didn't do you any harm eh? ;)
So the stories go. Explains so much about recent and present PM's and Cabinets.
Haha, nicely done ;D

I'm having flashes of Hugh Grant playing Jeremy Thorpe and the jar of vaseline scene.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #22595 on: July 9, 2021, 11:12:40 am »
:D As I occasionally joke about where I'm from, the best things about it are the roads out.

You're from Corby? Oh you poor, poor man.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22596 on: July 9, 2021, 11:13:26 am »
You're from Corby? Oh you poor, poor man.

No, from just outside Nottingham. Never knowingly walked a single step in Northamptonshire.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22597 on: July 9, 2021, 11:17:05 am »
...in that I reckon Donnaruma is better than Pickford.
You say that as if it's arguable and a close run thing.

A world class goalie is worth their weight in gold, as we know all too well (Ali vs Adrian/Karius).

Pickles is due a calamity at some point. Hope it comes on Sunday. Karma for Virgil.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2021, 11:18:50 am by rossipersempre »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22598 on: July 9, 2021, 11:21:27 am »
We're better than them overall.

Remains to be seen.

Chiellini is old, and our full backs are better than theirs. Midfield wise Verratti and Jorginho is decent, but we have Rice, Hendo, Mount. Up front we blow them away with Sancho, Sterling, Kane, Foden, Grealish, Saka to name a few, while they only have Chiesa and Insigne. I'd say defence we're better, midfield we're slightly better albeit more equal, and attack we're better. Only position where they're better is keeper, in that I reckon Donnaruma is better than Pickford.

Chiellini has been a huge part of them reaching the final. They've knocked out Belgium and Spain etc.

Hendo won't start. You'd have Rice/Phillips over Verratti/Jorginho / Barella etc?

Foden/Sancho most likely won't be starting either but bench wise I would say England have the better options available.

England have had world class squads on many occasions in the past, doesn't mean they automatically deserved to win anything.

Let the best team on the night win on Sunday, personally I hope it's Italy who triumph but full credit to Southgate and his team if they can come out on top.

« Last Edit: July 9, 2021, 11:43:58 am by Phil M »

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #22599 on: July 9, 2021, 11:22:07 am »
You know when something starts seeping into your day to day life, sub-consciously drip-fed, you don’t ever ask yourself what is it, but you’re aware of the same word you keep reading and hearing? Well that’s been what’s happening to me this last month with the word/name ‘matterface’. I’m aware people have been talking about it, and negatively. That’s not someone’s real name is it? Who is matterface? Some kind of Dick Tracy/Batman character?

Then on Saturday I watched my first England match on itv. And the only thing I can really take from it is just how awful the commentator is. The worst I’ve ever heard and that’s a low bar. It’s so awful I can’t quite figure out if I’m in a bad headspace and I’m not quite hearing it right. Surely this isn’t real. It literally makes Danny Murphy seem charismatic and insightful. And today I’ve just twigged that that was Matterface and now all I can think about is that he must be stopped. Has everyone been talking about this? Is there some kind of movement or campaign happening to get him sacked?
« Last Edit: July 9, 2021, 11:24:52 am by meady1981 »