Author Topic: Euro 2020 (2021) Chat & Final MATCH THREAD  (Read 529041 times)

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
Re: Euro 2020 (2021) Chat & Final MATCH THREAD
« Reply #22520 on: July 8, 2021, 09:29:55 pm »
Options John C. Sorry if this has been mentioned before... there's way too many pages to read through:

1. Keep this thread open and it will continue like this, opposing opinions and a crescendo come Sunday night.

2. Lock and carve into two threads (one pro-England, one anti-England) prior to the match. Let people support/vent and minimise the antagonism and let the inevitable happen in a new final thread open on Sunday  :wave
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22521 on: July 8, 2021, 09:30:43 pm »
World would be a boring place if we just waited until knowing the outcomes before getting excited, in case we fell flat on our face. Pretty sure no one waited to celebrate after beating Barcelona 4-0.

We are real footy fans im talking about people who have no or little interest in the game and all of a sudden are "big" fans.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22522 on: July 8, 2021, 09:30:51 pm »

England basically lost ownership of football with the invention and perfection of the dark arts by numerous other nations.

You tell them Bobin
 :boxhead :boxhead :champ :lmao :spammer
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22523 on: July 8, 2021, 09:36:56 pm »
Let's face it. The supply teacher has lost control of the classroom.
The Transfer Thread is boss. Our not signing anybody is more than made up for by Royhendo twisting his Malens and melting his lemons and putting it out for all to see. Sure has taken my mind to different places.  :-*
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22524 on: July 8, 2021, 09:40:53 pm »
I just had a really nice chilli for tea.

At last, some non-England chat.

With Rice?

Gah!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #22525 on: July 8, 2021, 09:41:43 pm »
We are real footy fans im talking about people who have no or little interest in the game and all of a sudden are "big" fans.

That is one reason why I kind of hate all these big tournaments or stuff like the CL final. So many people suddenly turn into big football fans and want to watch matches, talk about it or post pics of themselves on social media or whatever. Yet, whenever there's no big event they look at you like you're some kind of freak, because you love football and a certain team. They treat it like a big event, dress up for it and once it's over they don't give a fuck. They don't really understand what following a team really means or feels like.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22526 on: July 8, 2021, 09:49:17 pm »
That is one reason why I kind of hate all these big tournaments or stuff like the CL final. So many people suddenly turn into big football fans and want to watch matches, talk about it or post pics of themselves on social media or whatever. Yet, whenever there's no big event they look at you like you're some kind of freak, because you love football and a certain team. They treat it like a big event, dress up for it and once it's over they don't give a fuck. They don't really understand what following a team really means or feels like.

Exactly I have sat through Hodgson although he was only here about 6 months it felt much longer !!

I mean some of these morons are stopping real fans getting a ticket because they arr a "celeb" but that wont ever stop !

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #22527 on: July 8, 2021, 09:51:10 pm »

With Rice?

Gah!

Went extra unhealthy and had it with tortilla chips and a bit of sour cream. Class.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #22528 on: July 8, 2021, 09:57:59 pm »
I just had a really nice chilli for tea.
Fun fact, one of my nicknames was 'Chilli'  Got called Scouse c*nt a lot n all and Busby Head

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #22529 on: July 8, 2021, 09:59:18 pm »
A letter is going out tomorrow to advise parents about possible detentions. Long detentions  ;D
Wish you could still use the cane

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22530 on: July 8, 2021, 10:03:35 pm »
What does anti supporting a team entail? Wanting them to lose?
Tricky one, you have to keep the teapot warm while she's yelling at the telly?
Or perhaps putting the remote back together?
Maybe comforting the man next-door and assuring him that she didn't mean it?
And telling him they will defintely grow back next year?
 ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22531 on: July 8, 2021, 10:06:00 pm »
The Transfer Thread is boss. Our not signing anybody is more than made up for by Royhendo twisting his Malens and melting his lemons and putting it out for all to see. Sure has taken my mind to different places.  :-*

He could do with a season loaned out to a Norwich City forum.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22532 on: July 8, 2021, 10:22:25 pm »
He could do with a season loaned out to a Norwich City forum.

Yeah well you’re a season on a… Everton forum. 
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #22533 on: July 8, 2021, 10:25:16 pm »
Chuffin eck Judith you took no prisoners there. :lmao

Prope lold. #MaryWhiteExperience ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22534 on: July 8, 2021, 10:27:20 pm »
Andy could do with a short spell on GOT. Would end up nuking that site from the interwebs.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22535 on: July 8, 2021, 10:29:32 pm »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22536 on: July 8, 2021, 10:31:47 pm »
Ciao bellends! (Or is it bella?)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22537 on: July 8, 2021, 10:33:07 pm »
Ciao bellends! (Or is it bella?)

Belle bellends scans better

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #22538 on: July 8, 2021, 10:34:12 pm »
You tell them Bobin
 :boxhead :boxhead :champ :lmao :spammer

They invented the game, correct? and were undisputed champions for a period of time? and then other nations caught up with and surpassed them with all kinds of innovations like different formations different and tactics and yes, what are informally known as the dark arts? and they have never since recovered #1 status except  once briefly in roughly a hundred years?  Englands been losing to dives time wasting and never ending rolls for a very very long time.

edit: maybe ownership was a lazy word, how about "perennial championship" does that work better? England didn't lose a game outside the British Isles for 60 years at the start.

« Last Edit: July 8, 2021, 10:55:49 pm by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22539 on: July 8, 2021, 10:51:41 pm »
Pizza night in ours on Sunday.

But for all you pork pie hat wearing, face painted, seal clapping, laser pointing, bandwagon jumping Ingerland beauts, a word of advice.

Never, ever:

Forget that Sir Chinbeast of Kane is the greatest stroika in the world

Forget To wear free lions on your shirt

Forget to mess up the words to your own National Anthem [God Save our Queen? Dickheads]

Forget to boo the other team's anthem [Class, innit?]

Surrender to the IRA

The Italians are a shower of dirty cheating c*nts. However, I fervently hope that every one of their dives and bits of play acting are rewarded by freekicks, penalties and cards for the opposition.

The sound of the hypocrisy and outrage all over the Xenophobic English meejya the next day would be as beautiful to my ears as a Puccini opera.

Forza Azzuri!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22540 on: July 8, 2021, 10:59:55 pm »
Pizza night in ours on Sunday.

But for all you pork pie hat wearing, face painted, seal clapping, laser pointing, bandwagon jumping Ingerland beauts, a word of advice.

Never, ever:

Forget that Sir Chinbeast of Kane is the greatest stroika in the world

Forget To wear free lions on your shirt

Forget to mess up the words to your own National Anthem [God Save our Queen? Dickheads]

Forget to boo the other team's anthem [Class, innit?]

Surrender to the IRA

The Italians are a shower of dirty cheating c*nts. However, I fervently hope that every one of their dives and bits of play acting are rewarded by freekicks, penalties and cards for the opposition.

The sound of the hypocrisy and outrage all over the Xenophobic English meejya the next day would be as beautiful to my ears as a Puccini opera.

Forza Azzuri!

Fucking try as hard as you want,that subtext won't be changed  :lmao :lmao

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #22541 on: July 8, 2021, 11:23:42 pm »
Going to do a big sick when England win it and Southgate/Sterling/Kane all get knighted

It was bad enough when Southgate got an MBE for the awe-inspiring task of beating Sweden, Colombia, Panama et al a few years back
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #22542 on: July 8, 2021, 11:24:41 pm »
What's race? What's ethnicity? I don't know mate. It's a minefield isn't it?

But i wouldn't underestimate how 'diverse' those Asians are you mention. I'm not going to trawl through the stats and you probably wouldn't want me to. But I can say of growing up in my own town (Hudders) that the Asian population that planted itself there after the war was pretty diverse in itself. Most were Punjabis, but evenly divided between India and Pakistan, with Sikhs and Muslims predominating, but some Hindus too.

Then there was a substantial number of Bengalis, again divided between Bangladeshis and folks from Calcutta. The town also drew in West Indians, mainly from Grenada and Jamaica, but not just from there.

Then when I was at secondary school we had an influx of Kenyan and Ugandan Asians - thrown out by Kenyatta and Amin - who had little in common with their Indian cousins.

Plus Huddersfield alteady had a fairly large Irish population. I can still remember the football teams I played againt - Our Lady of Lourdes, St Joe's and St Pat's (Celtic strip and the tougest kids on the pitch you could imagine).

Thatt's a lot diversity for a town about the seventh of the size of Liverpool. And it's not that unusual in what has now become 'post industrial' England.

Nowt like Brixton tho! That is something else. And you wouldnt believe how the place is now rallying round the football.

Despite everything. 

It's pretty great to see actually. And brilliant of course that the English lads have backgrounds from all over the place. God knows there are enough things to grumble about in this country, especially with the Fucking Clown in charge. But the footy isnt one of them.

Diversity is a relatively new phenomenon for many areas of the Country whereas Liverpool, by its very nature as a seaport, goes way back. It's embedded in the culture of the City. From the Chinese and African influx, all by sea, in the 1700 and 1800's, from countries such as Nigeria and Somalia, whose clubs I frequented in my late teens, the Ibo, the Yorubar, the Somali, to the West Indies and the America's. This was even before the Irish and Welsh, let's not forget the taffs, influence, who were on our doorstep. Most of Western and Eastern communities, including Italians, Jews and Polish, another club famous for it's Sunday afternoon drinking back in the bad old days of Sunday opening hours. have settled here over many generations.

I think this seaport mentality has influenced scousers to look seaward rather than inward, including Europe, the States and even further afield to Australia and NZ. The Scouse not English tip is more to do with that than unpatriotic which we don't comprehend as being the case. We're just not that into you, you English wools. Nothing personal. Mutual disdain for each other is nothing new and never been an issue in the past. In fact, the Union flag did frequent the Kop as scousers affinity with certain Jocks, Welsh and Irish has always shone through. In the military there were Liverpool-Scottish/Welsh and Irish regiments, all since disbanded but still connected. Boxing, too, has been common ground for scousers and their 'British' compatriots. But English? Nah. Each to their own, eh?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #22543 on: July 8, 2021, 11:27:54 pm »
Actually a quick update to all this.

My missus has just reminded me that our youngest grandaughter - the most adorable little thing in the entire universe - has got England in her school draw so looks like I might be having to reassess my loyalties on Sunday night. Family first or city first? What a fucking dilemma hey folks.

;D

What does she stand to win if England do it? Surely you can support Italy and just give her the winnings afterwards? :D

Too late Timbo. You've already walked the plank.

Just because she's got the school sweepstake doesn't mean you have to go all Ingurland mate. Let her enjoy it by all means but stick to your honest principles/emotions, maybe just dial down the apoplectic fury/gloating celebrations when England/Italy eventually score/win.

Just to avoid confusion. My post about our Eri's school sweep possibly having any impact on my now long standing Thatcher and cronies initiated gradually evolved lack of connection to what I'd term middle England and my ensuing lack of affiliation to any England team was 100% tongue in cheek.

But I guess what it does go to show is just how such tongue in cheek statements can be taken literally when not viewed in context with the various posts I've made within this thread attempting to explain as sincerely as I can why any of the sense of "Englishness" I once had has been leached out of me over 40 odd - 40 extremely odd - years, leaving me with just my sense of "Liverpudlianess".

Once again, I stress it's actually quite sad but folks like myself - and there are many of them in our city - don't actually have any say in it. There's not really any conscious decision to not feel "English" involved here. It's something that has just happened over time. An alienation from the country of our birth.

:)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22544 on: July 8, 2021, 11:42:57 pm »

With Rice?

Gah!
;D

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #22545 on: July 8, 2021, 11:44:08 pm »

Just to avoid confusion. My post about our Eri's school sweep possibly having any impact on my now long standing Thatcher and cronies initiated gradually evolved lack of connection to what I'd term middle England and my ensuing lack of affiliation to any England team was 100% tongue in cheek.

But I guess what it does go to show is just how such tongue in cheek statements can be taken literally when not viewed in context with the various posts I've made within this thread attempting to explain as sincerely as I can why any of the sense of "Englishness" I once had has been leached out of me over 40 odd - 40 extremely odd - years, leaving me with just my sense of "Liverpudlianess".

Once again, I stress it's actually quite sad but folks like myself - and there are many of them in our city - don't actually have any say in it. There's not really any conscious decision to not feel "English" involved here. It's something that has just happened over time. An alienation from the country of our birth.

:)

I can only speak for myself here Timbo but my reply was tongue firmly in cheek too.

Will try a ☺ next time!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #22546 on: July 8, 2021, 11:46:21 pm »
Given recruitment of soldiers is higher in poorer areas, that many of the seamen who died in the atlantic were from Liverpool and that Liverpool was bombed more than any other City than London (Bootle moreso than London) it is probably true to say that Liverpool's contribution in Lives and destruction was greater than probably anyone's in WW2. Liverpool though is not seen as a flag waving patriotic city though but people forget the facts. You'd don't have to wave a plastic union jack to be on the right side when it matters.  As for football I think the images below explain a certain lukewarm attitude to England for some, regardless of Liverpool.

I just don't belong
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #22547 on: July 8, 2021, 11:47:02 pm »
I can only speak for myself here Timbo but my reply was tongue firmly in cheek too.

Will try a ☺ next time!

Ha ha = I knew that Yorky lad but I needed an extra post to make it look as if people actually gave a flying one about what I'd posted - and your's fitted the bill

;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #22548 on: July 8, 2021, 11:50:49 pm »
I'll be routing for England on Sunday..........I support all the "home" nations when they are playing and I don't get the reasons for being anti-England. Not all their supporters are dicks and who cares what the pundits are like (just don't listen to them).

If you don't want to support England then that's ok but to then get invested in wanting them to loose is weird to me. I don't support Manchester United (obviously) but I don't care if they win a final or not.......well I care enough to not want them to win but I don't get worked up if they do. I'm apathetic about them and don't go as far as supporting whoever they are playing (unless it is us). If they win I don't care and if they loose then it's only a temporary smile. I support Liverpool and I don't care enough about any other team to even care who they are playing and whether they win or not.

Oh and I'm not English but I'll be supporting them in the final. I won't get too worked up if they don't win though.
#JFT97

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22549 on: July 8, 2021, 11:54:38 pm »
I'll be routing for England on Sunday..........I support all the "home" nations when they are playing and I don't get the reasons for being anti-England. Not all their supporters are dicks and who cares what the pundits are like (just don't listen to them).

If you don't want to support England then that's ok but to then get invested in wanting them to loose is weird to me. I don't support Manchester United (obviously) but I don't care if they win a final or not.......well I care enough to not want them to win but I don't get worked up if they do. I'm apathetic about them and don't go as far as supporting whoever they are playing (unless it is us). If they win I don't care and if they loose then it's only a temporary smile. I support Liverpool and I don't care enough about any other team to even care who they are playing and whether they win or not.

Oh and I'm not English but I'll be supporting them in the final. I won't get too worked up if they don't win though.

Routing?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #22550 on: July 8, 2021, 11:56:59 pm »
#JFT97

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #22551 on: July 8, 2021, 11:58:54 pm »
Diversity is a relatively new phenomenon for many areas of the Country whereas Liverpool, by its very nature as a seaport, goes way back. It's embedded in the culture of the City. From the Chinese and African influx, all by sea, in the 1700 and 1800's, from countries such as Nigeria and Somalia, whose clubs I frequented in my late teens, the Ibo, the Yorubar, the Somali, to the West Indies and the America's. This was even before the Irish and Welsh, let's not forget the taffs, influence, who were on our doorstep. Most of Western and Eastern communities, including Italians, Jews and Polish, another club famous for it's Sunday afternoon drinking back in the bad old days of Sunday opening hours. have settled here over many generations.

I think this seaport mentality has influenced scousers to look seaward rather than inward, including Europe, the States and even further afield to Australia and NZ. The Scouse not English tip is more to do with that than unpatriotic which we don't comprehend as being the case. We're just not that into you, you English wools. Nothing personal. Mutual disdain for each other is nothing new and never been an issue in the past. In fact, the Union flag did frequent the Kop as scousers affinity with certain Jocks, Welsh and Irish has always shone through. In the military there were Liverpool-Scottish/Welsh and Irish regiments, all since disbanded but still connected. Boxing, too, has been common ground for scousers and their 'British' compatriots. But English? Nah. Each to their own, eh?

Well put P lad.

Funny thing is tho - although all of what you say is the case and is true for many Liverpool folks,, in my own case as far as I can now recall I did have a real sense of also being English back in the day. Forinstance I can well recall how me and my mates were devastated when Uve Seeler scored that goal in Mexico to put us out - so the affiliation back then was very strong.

I'm sure my own disillusionment with the country and my sense of not being English really was sparked by what Thatcher and her cronies attempted and succeeded to inflict on our city - and I know we we'rent the only ones - but we did become the biggest sacrificice for her monetarisim. Near every fucking thing was shut down for fucks sake. And from there steadily grew the sense of alienation from middle England and the love I had for our city becoming as huge as it did. Just the way it evolved. Nowt Liverpudlians who went through it all can really do about it. It's just how it is as you say. 

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22552 on: July 8, 2021, 11:59:30 pm »
I don't support Manchester United (obviously) but I don't care if they win a final or not........

???
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22553 on: July 9, 2021, 12:00:21 am »
Routing?

Can you do me some stair spindles whilst you are at it?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #22554 on: July 9, 2021, 12:01:11 am »
Given recruitment of soldiers is higher in poorer areas, that many of the seamen who died in the atlantic were from Liverpool and that Liverpool was bombed more than any other City than London (Bootle moreso than London) it is probably true to say that Liverpool's contribution in Lives and destruction was greater than probably anyone's in WW2. Liverpool though is not seen as a flag waving patriotic city though but people forget the facts. You'd don't have to wave a plastic union jack to be on the right side when it matters.  As for football I think the images below explain a certain lukewarm attitude to England for some, regardless of Liverpool.

I just don't belong

Bloodyhell Blackie - your pictures paint a million words in encapsulating the sense of "otherness". And i don't just mean Ed fucking Sheeren!!!

;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22555 on: July 9, 2021, 12:01:45 am »
Sorry my router autocorrected.

Rioting?

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #22556 on: July 9, 2021, 12:03:47 am »
I don't support Manchester United (obviously) but I don't care if they win a final or not.......

??? ??? ???

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #22557 on: July 9, 2021, 12:04:43 am »
If England win it, the appetite for international football in this country is going to be higher than ever, which is a very scary thing IMO. I think they're going to cram more games in over the next few years, which is just going to dilute the product even further. There's more nations league shite coming soon, not forgetting friendlies and obviously WC2022 qualifiers before the tournament itself. After that god knows what they'll do, but it probably starts with getting the world cup to once every couple of years. Soon it'll be like the Copa America which they're trying to squeeze them in every year, or they'll do world cup one summer, Euros the next, so there's always something on. People will say otherwise but they'd fucking love something like that.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #22558 on: July 9, 2021, 12:16:42 am »

I just don't belong
Bloody hell, you really know how to put a fella off his supper, don't you.   :o

:D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22559 on: July 9, 2021, 12:52:38 am »
Well put P lad.

Funny thing is tho - although all of what you say is the case and is true for many Liverpool folks,, in my own case as far as I can now recall I did have a real sense of also being English back in the day. Forinstance I can well recall how me and my mates were devastated when Uve Seeler scored that goal in Mexico to put us out - so the affiliation back then was very strong.

I'm sure my own disillusionment with the country and my sense of not being English really was sparked by what Thatcher and her cronies attempted and succeeded to inflict on our city - and I know we we'rent the only ones - but we did become the biggest sacrificice for her monetarisim. Near every fucking thing was shut down for fucks sake. And from there steadily grew the sense of alienation from middle England and the love I had for our city becoming as huge as it did. Just the way it evolved. Nowt Liverpudlians who went through it all can really do about it. It's just how it is as you say.

Ah, the innocence of youth back then, mate. Mexico. Bobby Moore accused of shoplifting, Banks being nobbled and Bonetti in goal. Cruising at 2-0 and Alf took the tout off, saving his legs. Remember it well. Then the Brazilians. Best team I've ever seen. Just made me smiley and tingly watching them. Still does. It was the same for me back then, though, I wasn't arsed. But, but the Germans, they bombed our chippy, how can you support them, some said? I didn't but was just not arsed. Had me grandad, me arl fellah and me Uncles indocrinating me abah trade unionism (NUR and ASLEF), all worked on the railway in one capacity or another. 2nd and 3rd generation white Irish back then they were, fucking hated the English but loved the reds. I have never hated the English, it's its institutions I abhor as I mentioned in an earlier post. All Thatcher did for me was confirm what I'd already been warned, that England and its establishment had it in for Liverpool and had for many years because of its 'militant' workforce. The rest is, most definitely, history and should always be remembered, for their plan to bring the City to its knees through 'managed decline.'