Author Topic: Ben “Ben” Davies signs for Liverpool  (Read 74740 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ben “Ben” Davies signs for Liverpool
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2021, 07:32:24 pm »
He had more pedigree than Williams and Phillips going into this season. Both had one season of lower league football and that was it.

And ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2021, 07:47:59 pm »
And ?

The criteria to make Liverpool's bench this season for a defender, if not the team itself at CB, has never been lower due to injuries. For Davies not to kick a ball or even make the bench (particularly today with Phillips injured or at home to Fulham when Neco and Rhys Williams started) suggests we've wrote him off despite that.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #442 on: April 24, 2021, 07:56:39 pm »
The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that his failure to win a team spot, even on the bench, has affected him and he must be sulking in training. What other reason can be for him not to be included today, freeing Fabinho to protect the CBs in front?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: April 24, 2021, 07:59:53 pm »
Maybe he was just bought for a summer sale flip for profit?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: April 24, 2021, 08:02:30 pm »
Maybe he was just bought for a summer sale flip for profit?
We were desperate for a CB and we bought arguably one of the better ones from one league below. I doubt we were playing money games.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #445 on: April 24, 2021, 08:08:54 pm »
No professional centre back is shit enough to excuse us sacrificing Fabinho in the way that we have.  Especially given the alternatives we have at our disposal in midfield.

It's an approach that could have single-handedly wrecked our season, before even considering all the other issues.

There's a long summer of reflection ahead of us.  All the rebuilding in the world won't help if the coaching and decision making at pitch-side continues the way it is.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: April 24, 2021, 09:06:12 pm »
Hope his agent negotiated a bumper pay deal for him cos at least the extra money would be consolation for putting your career on hold for 6 months. Willbe out on loan nest season and we wont see him play for us is my prediction

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #447 on: April 24, 2021, 10:08:35 pm »
A strange signing along with the oddest of football seasons.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: April 24, 2021, 10:17:47 pm »
No professional centre back is shit enough to excuse us sacrificing Fabinho in the way that we have.  Especially given the alternatives we have at our disposal in midfield.

It's an approach that could have single-handedly wrecked our season, before even considering all the other issues.

There's a long summer of reflection ahead of us.  All the rebuilding in the world won't help if the coaching and decision making at pitch-side continues the way it is.

Mostly agree. You can't blame Klopp for using Fabinho as a CB for a while after the Virgil, Gomez and Matip injuries, because it was a crisis and the usual protocols and planning goes out the window. But to now move back to this, after Fabinho's return to midfield had noticeably started to things around for us, is strange. Personally I'd far prefer to see Davies and Kabak, with Fabinho pulling the midfield together than being back in this halfway house, where neither the defence or midfield look as they should.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #449 on: April 24, 2021, 10:19:45 pm »
Hope his agent negotiated a bumper pay deal for him cos at least the extra money would be consolation for putting your career on hold for 6 months. Willbe out on loan nest season and we wont see him play for us is my prediction

He hasn't put his career on hold. He had an amazing chance. Unfortunately he simply isn't good enough.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2021, 10:21:59 pm »
He hasn't put his career on hold. He had an amazing chance. Unfortunately he simply isn't good enough.

Exactly,all this feeling sorry for him bullshit is doing my head in.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2021, 11:03:30 pm »

I'm speaking with hindsight. I'm sure he came here seeing a clear path to play some first team games and I'm also pretty sure that if he was told he wouldn't even get a sniff of the bench he wouldn't have signed.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2021, 11:08:06 pm »
I'm speaking with hindsight. I'm sure he came here seeing a clear path to play some first team games and I'm also pretty sure that if he was told he wouldn't even get a sniff of the bench he wouldn't have signed.

He went on loan to Southport.

Imagine going from Southport FC to Liverpool Football Club.

He will have had a massive pay rise that has set him up for life.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2021, 11:23:14 pm »

Why do you keep bringing this up, he was on loan at Southport in 2015.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: April 24, 2021, 11:25:03 pm »
Klopp is not enough brave man. As he was not brave enough with the Phillips until he lost all other options, as he was not brave enough with Robertson in the first 6 months when Moreno was fit.... Klopp is not enough brave. Davies is shit and he cant be even on the bench, but Wijnaldum is amazing and deserve to play after 3 years and 3 days without assist, after 15 passes against Leeds... Klopp lost control.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #455 on: April 24, 2021, 11:34:51 pm »

Then in 2016 he signed for Barcelona or did he go on loan to Newport County.

2017 he went to Fleetwood Town on loan.

So at the age of 21 Preston sent him out on loan rather than consider him for the first team squad. That is Preston.

Scratching my head to work out why he hasn't made it at Liverpool with so much pedigree.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 24, 2021, 11:46:58 pm »

From Preston,so Al is right,he will have gotten a massive pay rise (even if he's only on Ł10,000pw)

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: April 24, 2021, 11:50:15 pm »
In a season where we started Rhys Williams numerous times I have to wonder why this lad does not even get a sniff. He must be really bad at rondos or something.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: April 25, 2021, 12:02:35 am »
Then in 2016 he signed for Barcelona or did he go on loan to Newport County.

2017 he went to Fleetwood Town on loan.

So at the age of 21 Preston sent him out on loan rather than consider him for the first team squad. That is Preston.

Scratching my head to work out why he hasn't made it at Liverpool with so much pedigree.

"Imagine going from Southport FC to Liverpool Football Club."

You know what you are doing Al, you are fully aware that he was one of the best centre backs in the Championship before we signed him so there is no need to downplay his ability by making it sound like he went from being on loan at Southport to Liverpool.
He was signed as back up, with a real chance of getting some game time in the Premier and champions league and if not he'll end up getting a good move when he's surplus to requirements here and when he does then good luck to him.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #459 on: April 25, 2021, 12:11:37 am »
If he’s not good enough then why did we sign him? Who made that decision?

Why did we spend over Ł1m on a player who can’t get ahead of Rhys Williams?

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #460 on: April 25, 2021, 12:14:26 am »

Rhys Wiliams went to kidderminster Harriers so don’t understand your point.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: April 25, 2021, 12:17:58 am »
I reckon he's been working with Andreas Kornmayer. He's very slight of frame for a CB with quite skinny legs so can imagine he struggled up against top athletes like Salah and Mane in training. Looking a bit more athletic in the recent training pictures. Quite a big jump up physically from the Championship to PL so wouldn't surprise be if he's on a special conditioning programme.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #462 on: April 25, 2021, 12:45:12 am »
I reckon he's been working with Andreas Kornmayer. He's very slight of frame for a CB with quite skinny legs so can imagine he struggled up against top athletes like Salah and Mane in training. Looking a bit more athletic in the recent training pictures. Quite a big jump up physically from the Championship to PL so wouldn't surprise be if he's on a special conditioning programme.

He's an absolute waste of time and money then. We needed someone to come in and relieve us even somewhat at centre half with our crippling injury crisis which would allow Fabinho to go back in at number 6. Instead we've got yet another injured centre back in Nat Phillips and Fab is now covering centre back the last few games, we've dropped 4 points in the dying embers of games and Rhys Williams (no disrespect to the lad but he's a liability at this level) is on the bench and Ben Davies hasn't come anywhere near. Shouldn't have signed anyone if he was going to take 5 months to bulk up on protein shakes.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: April 25, 2021, 12:57:33 am »
I remember when he was signed, we heard quite a few telling us he was a shrewd signing and one of the standout Championship defenders. Not sure what he must be doing in training to be behind Rhys in the pecking order

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #464 on: April 25, 2021, 08:29:42 am »
Im wonder if its a mental or physical thing which is keeping him from actually playing?. How many times has he appeared on the bench?. I refuse to believe the club is that low to buy arguably one of the best championship defender's just to flip him for a profit. We needed the CB's and anyone else surprised he hasnt made an appearance at all?. With top 4 pretty much gone, do you think we will actually see him playing before the end of the season?. Bit disappointed, would have liked to see him play a few games instead of Kabak (unless some im not overly convinced)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #465 on: April 25, 2021, 08:35:00 am »
People keep on bringing up how he’s behind Rhys Williams, who has played 96 minutes since Davies signed. We have three players who the manager would prefer to play there, seem pretty simple. Confuses me why this thread is constantly bumped yet the Tsimikas one isn’t. And that’s a player who actually did come with big hopes and he’s not had a sniff this season, despite Robbo stinking the place out for a while now and badly needing a bit of time out of the starting line up
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: April 29, 2021, 07:03:48 pm »
I remember when he was signed, we heard quite a few telling us he was a shrewd signing and one of the standout Championship defenders. Not sure what he must be doing in training to be behind Rhys in the pecking order
the new lawro and all that )

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #467 on: April 29, 2021, 07:38:08 pm »
People keep on bringing up how he’s behind Rhys Williams, who has played 96 minutes since Davies signed. We have three players who the manager would prefer to play there, seem pretty simple. Confuses me why this thread is constantly bumped yet the Tsimikas one isn’t. And that’s a player who actually did come with big hopes and he’s not had a sniff this season, despite Robbo stinking the place out for a while now and badly needing a bit of time out of the starting line up

Robbo stinking the place out?

What the actual fuck.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: April 30, 2021, 05:48:09 am »
Robbo stinking the place out?

What the actual fuck.
He loves a baked beans toast for breakfast.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: May 27, 2021, 02:33:22 pm »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #470 on: May 27, 2021, 02:35:55 pm »
Wait, he's real?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: May 27, 2021, 02:38:39 pm »
Could be photoshoped mate. Count the fingers.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: May 27, 2021, 02:53:48 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool.

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #473 on: May 27, 2021, 02:58:27 pm »
Think it's also pretty fair to consider that he was nowhere near the fitness levels we'd like to have seen and maybe injured himself getting there. Klopp doesn't seem the petty or cruel type so I don't think, unless he looked absolutely dire in training, that'd he intentionally neglect him. Rhys and Nat had been with the club since the beginning of the season, trained with the first team consistently, and knew the system, don't think it's any more complex than that really.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: May 27, 2021, 03:27:45 pm »
180 minutes in preseason, a loan next year, a sale the year after. We know how this goes.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #475 on: May 27, 2021, 04:36:04 pm »
Still think he has a role to play here next season.
Who?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #476 on: May 27, 2021, 04:38:55 pm »
So he's rehabbed his calf but what about the rest of his leg? :o

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: May 27, 2021, 04:44:22 pm »
So he's rehabbed his calf but what about the rest of his leg? :o

That's the photoshopped bit.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2021, 05:47:03 pm »

Well, hopefully he stays fit and impresses in pre-season ...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #479 on: May 27, 2021, 08:06:06 pm »

he exists!

Maybe the plan is for Ben to be the 5th choice centre back after all  :P