Author Topic: Ben “Ben” Davies signs for Liverpool  (Read 74746 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Ben “Ben” Davies signs for Liverpool
« Reply #400 on: April 22, 2021, 08:21:42 pm »
It really is a strange one because he was comfortably one of the best centre halves in The Championship and has the bonus of having a very decent left foot. I just can’t see any way that Rhys Williams is better than him, it must be down to injuries. I wonder if Klopp views him as a longer term project?
Davies is an enigma indeed. We are all guessing different things, and it's curious that a seasoned decent player hasn't had a sniff, but no one really knows what's going on.

Was he injury prone before joining us ?
He was bought to give VVD and Gomez a break from the physio room and he'll play in that limping-XI team.  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2021, 08:26:37 pm »
The Yeti
The Lockness Monster
El Chupacabra
Ben Davis

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2021, 11:12:08 pm »
The Yeti
The Lockness Monster
El Chupacabra
Ben Davis

Some back four that. Pace, strength, power and Ben Davies.
Internet terrorist

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #403 on: April 24, 2021, 02:40:33 pm »
This lad must be impossibly shit to not even make the bench.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: April 24, 2021, 02:42:58 pm »
He must be the worse centre half ever to play for the club. When you can't get in the team ahead of Rhys Williams (who no offence has no redeeming qualities at centre half) then it's bad.

I just hope the recruitment team was upfront with him when he arrived and made it clear he would never play for the club under no circumstances and the only thing which would happen would end his season early at Preston despite playing well.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #405 on: April 24, 2021, 02:53:13 pm »
Feel bad for him
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 24, 2021, 05:08:20 pm »
I just can't see it being as simple as him being bedded in, we're almost in May! Bedding in a player is something you can do in an ideal situation, not when you're facing a centre back crisis which is one of the main reasons for you missing out on top 4.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 07:39:49 pm by Redman78 »

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #407 on: April 24, 2021, 05:24:02 pm »
A truly head scratching signing.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: April 24, 2021, 05:24:23 pm »
Feel a bit bad for him now to be honest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: April 24, 2021, 05:26:00 pm »
This lad must be impossibly shit to not even make the bench.

Getting rinsed by the coaches every day.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: April 24, 2021, 05:26:01 pm »
Can only assume he’s not the calibre of player the manager expected as was only signed incase the kaback deal fell through.

Feel for the lad though, hope he got a nice pay rise to sign.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #411 on: April 24, 2021, 05:33:18 pm »
How bad must he be to not even make 5-10 minute cameos?

I mean we were clearly struggling to finish both games off against Leeds and Newcastle so it would have made sense to get another CB back there to just try and see the game out for the last few minutes. It'd hardly break our shape and and it would actually help for set pieces. Why he can't get in is beyond me.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #412 on: April 24, 2021, 05:39:05 pm »
How bad must he be to not even make 5-10 minute cameos?

How bad must he be to not make the bench ahead of that Rhys Williams?!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #413 on: April 24, 2021, 05:41:33 pm »
How bad must he be to not make the bench ahead of that Rhys Williams?!

It doesn't make sense. He was a competent if unspectacular footballer for a mid-table Championship side. By all accounts generally solid. I get not starting matches or even playing often but the fact that he hasn't even played a minute of football and can't even make the bench is just strange.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: April 24, 2021, 05:41:36 pm »
Can't believe I've done as much as him for our beloved club.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2021, 05:43:32 pm »
I actually feel sorry for him, we’ve stalled his career and seemingly have no intention of ever playing him.

He’s not relying on someone paying good money to get his career going again.

Would we really do any worse with him at CB and Fabinho back in midfield?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 24, 2021, 05:49:27 pm »
What was the point ?

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #417 on: April 24, 2021, 05:50:57 pm »
What was the point ?

They made a deadly Instagram video of him unfolding a jersey and walking out of the tunnel on deadline day, worth the cool half mil'.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #418 on: April 24, 2021, 05:59:56 pm »
The fact he can't even make the bench when Klopp has no intention of ever using the other 3 defenders on the bench unless he's got no choice (added to 5 injuries to main CB options).

The only hope for him is if he's still here he gets a chance to show what he can do in pre-season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 24, 2021, 06:01:26 pm »
Should have gave lad a few games .klopp thrown him under a bus .like he done with nat .which was wrong .not playing him in games earlier?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: April 24, 2021, 06:02:52 pm »
Should have gave lad a few games .klopp thrown him under a bus .like he done with nat .which was wrong .not playing him in games earlier?

You don't understand the saying.

Offline arbiarbi

• Main Stander
« Reply #421 on: April 24, 2021, 06:04:32 pm »
Klopp is not enough brave man. As he was not brave enough with the Phillips until he lost all other options, as he was not brave enough with Robertson in the first 6 months when Moreno was fit.... Klopp is not enough brave. Davies is shit and he cant be even on the bench, but Wijnaldum is amazing and deserve to play after 3 years and 3 days without assist, after 15 passes against Leeds... Klopp lost control.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 24, 2021, 06:07:26 pm »

Klopp operates on a pecking order which you'd expect. We went into the season with Virg, Gomez, Matip and then Fabinho the 4th option. Phillips and Williams were battling out for 5th choice. Then after a few games each Henderson ended up the next option until he got injured. Kabak then came in and had a decent run with Phillips but Fabinho next in line to drop back in. Williams has stayed ahead of Davies.

Klopp doesn't like to throw in a partnership he hasn't used before. When making the two signings he's gone with Kabak. Davies essentially discarded.

To be fair Phillips has stepped up well and Kabak has done reasonably well. It's the forwards and lack of a midfield that have been as much of a problem. The last 2 games we'd have perhaps seen out had we avoided the Phillips injury (and you could ponder whether Davies or Williams at the back and Fabinho in midfield would have been a net benefit).

The reality is, we shouldn't have needed a clean sheet in either game to get the three points.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:11:42 pm by Fromola »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: April 24, 2021, 06:09:07 pm »
Klopp is not enough brave man. As he was not brave enough with the Phillips until he lost all other options, as he was not brave enough with Robertson in the first 6 months when Moreno was fit.... Klopp is not enough brave. Davies is shit and he cant be even on the bench, but Wijnaldum is amazing and deserve to play after 3 years and 3 days without assist, after 15 passes against Leeds... Klopp lost control.

You can fuck off.

Not brave enough  ::)

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #424 on: April 24, 2021, 06:37:19 pm »
There are a lot of reasons to complain at the moment, the fact that this lad was signed for a cheap fee and then isn't at the moment getting a game is one of the least valid ones IMO.

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2021, 06:41:25 pm »

You seem to be slating the manager in every thread today . Tit
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 24, 2021, 06:47:45 pm »
Looks like we are in the game of flipping players for profit. How much profit would it be though?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2021, 06:51:34 pm »
Maybe he was a bet signing, a secret joke between John Henry and Mike Gordon (see Trading Places)

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2021, 06:53:56 pm »
I actually feel sorry for him, we’ve stalled his career and seemingly have no intention of ever playing him.

He’s not relying on someone paying good money to get his career going again.

Would we really do any worse with him at CB and Fabinho back in midfield?

Feel like this too. Unless he's looked genuinely shite in training, I don't really understand the lack of any opportunity, given the circumstances. It's no coincidence that we won three league games in a row for the first time since the very start of the season when Fabinho went back into midfield. Now, with Phillips out and Fabinho again at CB, we've lost all momentum (I know that's hardly the only reason we've fucked up the last couple of games, but I certainly don't think it's coincidental either).

And as soon as we'd signed Kabak and Davies, Klopp talked about how good it was that Rhys Williams could now play some youth football to develop. Yet here we are three months later, with Davies nowhere and Rhys Williams warming the bench.

Feel sorry for the guy and I think it's a bit weird.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2021, 06:54:47 pm »
There are a lot of reasons to complain at the moment, the fact that this lad was signed for a cheap fee and then isn't at the moment getting a game is one of the least valid ones IMO.

I actually would respectfully disagree. We needed centre half options to allow Fab back into midfield where it's been proven through results that we are so much better and stronger with him there. We've signed this young fella and he can't even get a sniff of the bench. It's a load of bollocks.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2021, 06:55:13 pm »

When you’ve won what he has then you can criticise him otherwise stop talking rubbish. You don’t see the players training every day and you don’t have to win things.

Klopp ain’t the problem.
#JFT97

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 24, 2021, 06:56:58 pm »
I find it hard to believe he is THAT bad. He was about to sign for Celtic, right? They have a decent scouting department from what I've gathered. Really odd all told.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2021, 07:05:05 pm »
Looks like we are in the game of flipping players for profit. How much profit would it be though?

My guess would be none in the current financial environment. We don't rate him highly enough to play in the premier league and I can't see lower league or Scottish teams paying much.

Offline dis_1

• Main Stander
« Reply #433 on: April 24, 2021, 07:11:44 pm »
isn't it more to do with the CB partnership though? one CB challenges, the other sits/sweeps. kabak and davies both seem to be the readers. Nat & Fab go to the first ball. he's more the backup to kabak...that's my take anyway

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #434 on: April 24, 2021, 07:14:42 pm »

Is that the Klopp who won the Bundesliga after trusting two 17 year old centre backs.  ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #435 on: April 24, 2021, 07:16:59 pm »
If we bought him purely to flip a profit of a couple of million, we’re in a worse financial situation than I ever feared.  Luckily, I doubt that’s the case (I can’t see Klopp agreeing to that).

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2021, 07:19:21 pm »
I find it hard to believe he is THAT bad. He was about to sign for Celtic, right? They have a decent scouting department from what I've gathered. Really odd all told.

Davies is 25 and has appeared for York City, Southport, Tranmere, Newport and Fleetwood.

What were people expecting Paulo Maldini.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2021, 07:21:25 pm »
At least Alessandro Nesta mate.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2021, 07:30:20 pm »
Davies is 25 and has appeared for York City, Southport, Tranmere, Newport and Fleetwood.

What were people expecting Paulo Maldini.

He had more pedigree than Williams and Phillips going into this season. Both had one season of lower league football and that was it.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2021, 07:31:56 pm »
If we bought him purely to flip a profit of a couple of million, we’re in a worse financial situation than I ever feared.  Luckily, I doubt that’s the case (I can’t see Klopp agreeing to that).

If he's sold for a bit of a profit we'd be lucky if it'd cover the wages and agents fees involved from the season. When we've sold players like Solanke and Ibe for decent money it's after playing plenty of first team games for us.