Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3303106 times)

Offline Juan Kerr

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #20360 on: September 29, 2021, 10:45:49 pm »
Some of the most embarrassing scenes I've ever seen. It's the second group game at home to a mid table Spanish side that have won ONE game this season so far.
Lets be honest though its fucking fantastic viewing.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #20361 on: September 29, 2021, 10:49:44 pm »
Is it 2 games this season they've not gone behind in? Absolutely mad side.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20362 on: September 29, 2021, 10:50:12 pm »
This is a good result. There's a pattern for a few games where they have been absolutely dreadful and can't keep clean sheets. Yeah they won today when they were awful yadda yadda, but teams are creating chances galore against them - it's not that they're playing badly, it's that teams can walk through their midfield and Varane looks like he might need some time to settle in.

Ronaldo scored a good goal tonight but he hurts the team so much it's funny. He should have been yanked off way before he scored and Utd would probably have scored anyway. Think there was a moment tonight where Cavani ran and won the ball back and Ronaldo was in cloud cuckoo land to recieve the pass.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20363 on: September 29, 2021, 10:54:11 pm »
What does Sancho offer?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #20364 on: September 29, 2021, 10:54:35 pm »
If that happens in our game Ill become a recluse to the point of savagery. I will become one with the Earth amd never look back and think if my life as a member of civil society again

I will go full emerald forest

It’s bad enough they win like that but the ‘oh he’s definitely the best ever now’ after a 5 yard tap in nou 24 hours after Messi ran half the length of the pitch and slotted in top corner v city fries my brain

You expect that knee jerk rhetoric from children
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20365 on: September 29, 2021, 10:55:55 pm »

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20366 on: September 29, 2021, 10:58:20 pm »
What does Sancho offer?

Don't know why anyone would look at this car crash of a club at the moment and think, 'ah yes, the problem is almost certainly with Sancho'. I suspect he's the sort of attacker that needs a gameplay, attacking patterns of play, genuine linkup with fellow attackers. You know, all the sorts of things proper clubs with competent managers drill into their forwards. The sort of thing he had in Dortmund. And the sort of thing he very much doesn't have with England or Utd. The fact he went there is mind boggling mind so serves him right.

Offline oldman

• Kopite
« Reply #20367 on: September 29, 2021, 11:00:57 pm »
Someone on here a few weeks ago asked me to explain why I thought Pogba was shite.
Well I watched them tonight  - and Pogba was shite.
Did absolutely nothing
Against a mid table Spanish team

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #20368 on: September 29, 2021, 11:02:05 pm »
I chuckled when my brother told me these were one down tonight, then I was concerned that the sour-faced goblin might lose his job. With that in mind, I was sort of relieved that the showpony pensioner dug them out of the shit again and said goblin now remains sat atop of his toadstool.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20369 on: September 29, 2021, 11:03:28 pm »
Don't know why anyone would look at this car crash of a club at the moment and think, 'ah yes, the problem is almost certainly with Sancho'. I suspect he's the sort of attacker that needs a gameplay, attacking patterns of play, genuine linkup with fellow attackers. You know, all the sorts of things proper clubs with competent managers drill into their forwards. The sort of thing he had in Dortmund. And the sort of thing he very much doesn't have with England or Utd. The fact he went there is mind boggling mind so serves him right.
He looks completely lost and games pass him by.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20370 on: September 29, 2021, 11:04:20 pm »
Someone on here a few weeks ago asked me to explain why I thought Pogba was shite.
Well I watched them tonight  - and Pogba was shite.
Did absolutely nothing
Against a mid table Spanish team

Ronaldo or more specifically Ronaldos goals (because he’s done not much else) has basically stopped them from being about 7th and on 1pt in CL

It’ll go on that way. With a bit of ebb and flow up and down. Over a season it remains to be seen wether a 37 year old can carry an entire team but he has so far
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:13:21 pm by rushyman »

Jurgen Klopp

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #20371 on: September 29, 2021, 11:05:34 pm »
Lost their first group game against European minnows. Knocked out of the league cup. Lost to Villa in the league. Insipid performances all over the pitch. Then a Fergie time winner and all is well again.

Ronaldo is the ideal signing - he'll regularly rescue them, keep Ole in a job, be their connection to the glory days, keep giving them hope, and he'll grab the headlines every few weeks to paper over the cracks. He's the perfect smokescreen for Utd's mediocrity.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #20372 on: September 29, 2021, 11:07:08 pm »
I chuckled when my brother told me these were one down tonight, then I was concerned that the sour-faced goblin might lose his job. With that in mind, I was sort of relieved that the showpony pensioner dug them out of the shit again and said goblin now remains sat atop of his toadstool.

Exactly, I was happy when Villareal scored then I heard the crowd were unhappy and I suspected that the Glazers would do their headless kneejerk response and sack OGS when all we want is for him to maintain United in 3rd place, balanced between fortunate successes and absolute mediocrity of play (especially before the 24th October).

At some point OGS will go but as long as he's there, I'm happy. Let them be good enough to take points off City and Chelsea and no better than that. It's a fine line we are treading with them. Christiano is 37 in february.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:08:46 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20373 on: September 29, 2021, 11:09:07 pm »
Their Twitter post over the weekend for that penalty miss was downright embarrassing but tonight took the cake

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20374 on: September 29, 2021, 11:09:27 pm »
Exactly, I was happy when Villareal scored then I heard the crowd were unhappy and I suspected that the Glazers would do their headless kneejerk response and sack OGS when all we want is for him to maintain United in 3rd place, balanced between fortunate successes and absolute mediocrity of play (especially before the 24th October).

At some point OGS will go but as long as he's there, I'm happy. Let them be good enough to take points off City and Chelsea and no better than that. It's a fine line we are treading with them. Christiano is 37 in february.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline villagelife

• 100 degree villageidiot
  • Main Stander
« Reply #20375 on: September 29, 2021, 11:14:52 pm »
Dunno why anyone is moaning. If United had lost today then I fear it would have meant the end of our little tiny weird faced gonk. He would have been gone like a turd rolling out of Fergusons bum and off the motorway to spend time dribbling into a draining ditch of life.

WDLWDLWDL   They need to stay in that rythym.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20376 on: September 29, 2021, 11:15:44 pm »
What does Sancho offer?

Best 'receive ball, instantly pass backwards' player in the game.

A complete Dortmund system baby - like many that have came before him.

Currently averaging 0.5 dribbles per game (same amount as Milner, less than Tsimikas) on a 32% success rate (Milner 80%, Tsimikas 62%).

Averaging 0.4 Key Passes per game in the CL/PL. That's less than legitimately  every single player in our squad who's played more than 90 minutes except Matip, Fabinho and Naby. We have centre-backs who are more creative passers.

Sancho has quick feet and looks nice technically - which impresses a lot of people - but statistically he does nothing outside Dortmund's shop-window system.

His stats for England are similarly terrible.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:19:07 pm by NealFrom25Yards »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #20377 on: September 29, 2021, 11:22:27 pm »
Ronaldo or more specifically Ronaldos goals (because he’s done not much else) has basically stopped them from being about 7th and on 1pt in CL

That and de Gea reverting to his form of 5/6 years ago. He's been shite for 3/4 seasons, at times laughably so. What the frig has happened over the summer?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #20378 on: September 29, 2021, 11:22:49 pm »

Averaging 0.4 Key Passes per game in the CL/PL. That's less than legitimately  every single player in our squad who's played more than 90 minutes except Matip, Fabinho and Naby. We have centre-backs who are more creative passers.

:lmao :lmao

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20379 on: September 29, 2021, 11:29:58 pm »
What does Sancho offer?

For us, £72m less for them to spend on someone else plus a reduction in their profitability in terms of wages

He will join Everton in 5 years time for £25m (I'd say the £10m he may be worth by then but you have to remember Everton's unique ability to overpay)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20380 on: September 29, 2021, 11:34:22 pm »
For Ole to survive the season we need them to get Top 4 and either make the CL knockouts or go far in Europa League. Otherwise, he is toast.

With heightened expectations, I think their fans will turn on him otherwise.

We need results like this every so often.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20381 on: September 29, 2021, 11:45:57 pm »
That and de Gea reverting to his form of 5/6 years ago. He's been shite for 3/4 seasons, at times laughably so. What the frig has happened over the summer?

He’s made some good saves but the camera saves are defo back

Never seen a keeper get such over the top praise so repetitively

Check their goal out btw. Right at him again but through his legs. Couldnt finish their dinner that lot

Jurgen Klopp

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20382 on: September 29, 2021, 11:54:12 pm »
Seems to have passed without comment but how was Lingard, falling in front of their keeper as Ronaldo shoots, not called offside?

Either way, this win does no more than paper over some reassuringly large cracks.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20383 on: September 29, 2021, 11:56:14 pm »
For Ole to survive the season we need them to get Top 4 and either make the CL knockouts or go far in Europa League. Otherwise, he is toast.

With heightened expectations, I think their fans will turn on him otherwise.

We need results like this every so often.

Yes, just enough for him to stay alive but not flourish, its going to be an interesting season wanting them to win quite often, never had that before. I'll start by wanting them to beat Everton and to do well at home and against the top clubs (except us). I'll also accept them qualifying for the last 16 in the CL and taking out PSG/City/Bayern before we get to play them.

Makes me feel dirty.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #20384 on: September 30, 2021, 12:04:57 am »
in this case I reckon the reaction of being happy to see this coaching setup remain is prob justified
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #20385 on: September 30, 2021, 12:33:09 am »
in this case I reckon the reaction of being happy to see this coaching setup remain is prob justified

Its primarily a teamwork effort thing. Nobody presses and nobody tracks back, they want to win by reputation it seems, including soft officiating. For the equalizer United committed a foul not called and seconds later Moreno had to foul as a direct result. Called. Was a nice goal actually a very good hit, but the freebie a foot outside the box was a gift. The sort of gift that just keeps coming down the years, like enabling an addiction or something. In the end though, being hooked on heroin usually doesn't end all that well.

Goal goes in, the crowd came back into it and an energy spurt happened and for about 15 mins they stuck in a decent team effort, pressed and ran and got after the ball-and dominated, Villarreal couldn't get out any more couldn't retain the ball anymore were conceding dangerous chances...the game flipped. For 15 mins.

Then that adrenaline wore off and United went back to zero f's given pressing or tracking back, and the game went back to even /edging Yellow. Cavanis basically it for unselfish hard work. Matic but hes done. Makefunofme's honest but agricultural in no way can he make up for 4-5-6 offensive only passengers game after game after game. 

Basically there's enough skill on that team to be competitive or win against anybody anywhere on a one off, and enough show pony's dancing instead of thoroughbreds running to lose a massive pile of points in a 38 game season. I'm not even sure there's much Ole could do about it or whoever takes over for him , except start again. Again.

If i was a united fan like your good self, i would be very inquiring as to why exactly that 15 min of real effort and teamwork was not the standard 90 min template instead of an occasional random spurt of energy. Impossible to reach any really great heights with the majority of the team out for a stroll game after game.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20386 on: September 30, 2021, 12:33:43 am »
Sums up United under Solskjaer. Play poorly, more often then not get over the line because they have some decent individual talents. He’s a poor manager. The likes of Ronaldo will paper over some of the cracks though.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #20387 on: September 30, 2021, 12:38:49 am »
Yes, just enough for him to stay alive but not flourish, its going to be an interesting season wanting them to win quite often, never had that before. I'll start by wanting them to beat Everton and to do well at home and against the top clubs (except us). I'll also accept them qualifying for the last 16 in the CL and taking out PSG/City/Bayern before we get to play them.

Makes me feel dirty.

Two teams in their group have thoroughly outplayed them. Now Utd face the best team in the group (Atalanta). Ole can now afford to be thoroughly outplayed both times to them and come away with an L and a D without fearing the sack.

We can relax a bit too. :)
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #20388 on: September 30, 2021, 12:48:04 am »
Getting smoked by a midtable Spanish side at home but pulling out the win anyway.  Ole forever baby!

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20389 on: September 30, 2021, 12:56:41 am »
What does Sancho offer?

There isn’t much hope for him is there ? They still have rashford to come back as well who suits Ole’s (give it to the forwards and hope for the best) game plan to a tie with his head down running and play.

Actually hope it doesn’t completely ruin his career joining that mob but the odds are quite high that it will.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20390 on: September 30, 2021, 12:59:09 am »
Oleh, Oleh, Oleh... I can hear the trams now.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20391 on: September 30, 2021, 01:00:38 am »
Disappointed at the last minute equaliser, then saw the big picture, pressure on Oleh would have been too much, Good result all in all.

That's what i thought. They won, Ole won't get sacked and they are 3rd in the group. Brilliant result.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #20392 on: September 30, 2021, 01:25:20 am »
Getting smoked by a midtable Spanish side at home but pulling out the win anyway.  Ole forever baby!

First i thought, "Hey i really like the pink goalie box little splash of color, wonder what that means" and then i thought "hs that looks a lot like a slightly souped up Atari Tank Battle from the on a b/w tv days." 

That was the very original game along with Pong. Fire a dot. If the pink guys firing a barrage at the red guy whose firing back, thats Tank Battle.   right there 

finally starting to get to grips with stats, i like it i like it  ;D

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20393 on: September 30, 2021, 01:35:43 am »
Nice to see this thread turn into a 'let's get behind OGS's United', it's weird but its good
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #20394 on: September 30, 2021, 01:53:07 am »
Its great Ole is going to waste the prime years of the likes of Bruno, Pogba, Maguire plus having Ronaldo back. Their squad is up there with the best but they aren't winning anything.

Also he's made Sancho look mediocre which is amazing really.  Hope he stays at the wheel and United keep turning corners.
True North Strong

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20395 on: September 30, 2021, 03:42:27 am »
Good result, that would probably keep Ole a little more while.
Believer

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20396 on: September 30, 2021, 06:41:27 am »
Oleh, Oleh, Oleh … Oleh Forever!
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #20397 on: September 30, 2021, 07:32:23 am »
It is genuinely staggering to see a team get overrun on a weekly basis, concede tons of chances only for the opposition to contrive to miss most of them coupled with giving away a soft goal or two at the other end. There are only so many times they'll get away with being so poorly coached. They have a nasty run of games coming up, and I can see them concede 4 or 5 in at least one of them. It could actually be an unexpected game like one of the matches against Atalanta. Everton will create enough to score 3 or 4, but as with most opposition teams against this lot, will somehow miss most of their chances.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #20398 on: September 30, 2021, 07:44:58 am »
Seems to have passed without comment but how was Lingard, falling in front of their keeper as Ronaldo shoots, not called offside?

Either way, this win does no more than paper over some reassuringly large cracks.

Said the exact same thing when they scored.  Young Jesseh was clearly offside right in front of the keeper. 

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20399 on: September 30, 2021, 07:46:42 am »
For all of my life I’ve always hated it when United win, but since Ole came along I’m happy when they win.

Am I becoming a Manc?