Author Topic: Spurs - Commiserations  (Read 1477833 times)

Offline Morgana

• Believer
  • Sanity is overrated.
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #22200 on: Yesterday at 09:26:06 AM »
Mourinho doing what he does best, producing shit sandwich football.
Did I mishear him, or did he really say on Sky Sports that he wanted his players be angry « with each other » and to « blame » each other? Never gets the tone or the message right that one.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Bam!
« Reply #22201 on: Yesterday at 10:11:49 AM »
I don't see a team Kane goes into (that could afford him) and improves.

He's an old fashioned goalscorer, maybe Chelsea's system would work for him but they have other targets and options they are happy with. Everyone else seems to be set up using a more mobile striker, and I don't think Kane can play that role.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22202 on: Yesterday at 10:22:31 AM »
I don't see a team Kane goes into (that could afford him) and improves.

He's an old fashioned goalscorer, maybe Chelsea's system would work for him but they have other targets and options they are happy with. Everyone else seems to be set up using a more mobile striker, and I don't think Kane can play that role.

Maybe going abroad to, say, Italy perhaps? Never going to happen though.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Bam!
« Reply #22203 on: Yesterday at 10:26:59 AM »
Maybe going abroad to, say, Italy perhaps? Never going to happen though.

I could see how he could fit in at Juventus, but I can't imagine that happening either.

He's basically forced into Englands set up now too.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #22204 on: Yesterday at 11:00:15 AM »
Yes, he did a good job in taking Spurs from an occasional Champions League team to a regular Champions League team, but also didn't do as good a job as he could have frankly, missing that golden opportunity in the year Leicester won, when all Spurs’ major competitors where either not that good, or in a season on major change. That Spurs team was an excellent team, and it looks like the stars where aligning for them, but they chocked.   
Agree with your overall assessment but its harsh to say they choked in 2016. I would argue they were never really in the title race at all.

That team was still very early in their development and kinda just fell into 2nd place when all the rest failed. They were always a good number of points behind Leicester, I'd say they did pretty well that season they just fell off as they just were not ready. If anything, it was Arsenal who threw a golden chance of a title challenge away (they were the only ones with a stable team).

Spurs downfall is traced back to 2018 - they had fallen slightly from their 2017 points total and that was the time to invest - they didn't and the rest is history.

We always have to be mindful of this and invest when it is possible to do so. Of course we have a much stronger squad and coaching set up so we are in a far better position.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #22205 on: Yesterday at 11:45:59 AM »
No one will pay what Levy demands so he's stuck there  ... I think he's happy being the big fish at Spurs as he signed a new 5 year contract recently. You will notice the likes of Mbappe and Neymar are running their contracts down as to become more 'affordable' (whatever that means) to potential suitors in the future.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #22206 on: Yesterday at 11:49:00 AM »
Agree with your overall assessment but its harsh to say they choked in 2016. I would argue they were never really in the title race at all.

That team was still very early in their development and kinda just fell into 2nd place when all the rest failed. They were always a good number of points behind Leicester, I'd say they did pretty well that season they just fell off as they just were not ready. If anything, it was Arsenal who threw a golden chance of a title challenge away (they were the only ones with a stable team).

Spurs downfall is traced back to 2018 - they had fallen slightly from their 2017 points total and that was the time to invest - they didn't and the rest is history.

We always have to be mindful of this and invest when it is possible to do so. Of course we have a much stronger squad and coaching set up so we are in a far better position.

whether it’s harsh or not - the whole point is - they should have been in the title race that season - Leicester won it for goodness sake  ;D  That’s the point, it was the prefect storm.

As for early development, not sure I agree with that, plus - you can counter that with the ‘but Leicester won it for goodness sake’ argument, what sort of development where they in, with a coach who’d been there less time than Pochettino had at Spurs.   Spurs had the likes of Lloris, Eriksen, Walker, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dembele, most of them had been at Spurs for at least a couple years, most of them experienced players in their prime. As well as Kane, Alli, Son, Dier of course. They had a really good settled squad with a settled manager / coach

It was a massive missed opportunity.
Football always seems the most important of the least important things.

Online Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory"......
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #22207 on: Yesterday at 12:45:31 PM »
No one is going to buy him at a Levy price in the current climate.
Can't believe you missed the opportunity to say ''No one is going to buy him at the price Spurs would Levy'' #punsneedwork
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline Ravishing Rick Rude

• Cut the music!
  • Believer
« Reply #22208 on: Yesterday at 02:04:41 PM »
Mourinho sounds like a pundit now in his post match interviews.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'm a knob

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #22209 on: Yesterday at 02:47:49 PM »
some "news" outlets are going with this story:

"Spurs CL hopes are still alive after victory over Everton."

yeah.....what? They are a point behind arsenal and not even Claude thinks Arsenal are getting CL. They are 7 behind Ole the Genius and 4 behind Wolves with 5 to play. That's a lot of points to make up.

I mean, I suppose they still have a chance.