Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2964071 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #22920 on: June 9, 2022, 08:17:14 pm »

So he knew about this almost 3 weeks ago given the picture?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #22921 on: June 9, 2022, 09:46:01 pm »
Well done Mo, now be a good lad and sign that contract.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #22922 on: June 9, 2022, 09:55:28 pm »
Some of you might like to know the interviewer, Liam Macdevitt, is a huge Red. This is his granddad here, so he had absolutely no choice, whatsoever.

Nice

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #22923 on: June 9, 2022, 09:56:30 pm »
Congrats Mo, now give us a Stellar season again next year, lets get number 20 wrapped up. 

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #22924 on: June 9, 2022, 10:31:07 pm »
Congrats Mo, now give us a Stellar season again next year, lets get number 20 wrapped up. 
And number 7.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22925 on: June 9, 2022, 10:39:39 pm »
And number 7.

and wipe that grin off your face and sign your bloody contract.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22926 on: June 9, 2022, 11:07:21 pm »
Some of you might like to know the interviewer, Liam Macdevitt, is a huge Red. This is his granddad here, so he had absolutely no choice, whatsoever.
good man!! :)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22927 on: June 9, 2022, 11:16:36 pm »
The best player in the 🌎.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #22928 on: June 9, 2022, 11:28:31 pm »
Congrats Mo.  :wellin
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #22929 on: June 9, 2022, 11:29:55 pm »

'Mo Salah on winning the PFA Player of the Year award' a 2 and a half minute video:-

https://v.redd.it/8ohkvirbbn491 - or https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/v8oie8/mo_salah_on_winning_the_pfa_player_of_the_year/

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22930 on: June 10, 2022, 12:09:21 am »

;D

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22931 on: June 10, 2022, 12:46:34 am »
Congrats Mo, well deserved. Best player in the league.

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
« Reply #22932 on: June 10, 2022, 01:31:09 am »
'Mo Salah on winning the PFA Player of the Year award' a 2 and a half minute video:-

https://v.redd.it/8ohkvirbbn491 - or https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/v8oie8/mo_salah_on_winning_the_pfa_player_of_the_year/

Pay that man what he deserves.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #22933 on: June 10, 2022, 01:35:06 am »
What a player.  :wellin

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22934 on: June 10, 2022, 01:35:39 am »
Pay that man what he deserves.

Are you his agent?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22935 on: June 10, 2022, 02:38:05 am »
Strange that the joint top golden boot is not in the PFA team of the year. A Mr. Son. Strange.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22936 on: June 10, 2022, 02:47:10 am »
Strange that the joint top golden boot is not in the PFA team of the year. A Mr. Son. Strange.

How the fuck have Ronaldo and Rudiger made it in?!

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #22937 on: June 10, 2022, 06:20:19 am »
Quote from: mickl on Yesterday at 07:57:57 pm

One of Liams first games was Galatasary 2002. He watched the game with his shin-pads and football boots on “In case he was needed” during the match.

He was 8 at the time.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #22938 on: June 10, 2022, 07:47:35 am »

One of Liams first games was Galatasary 2002. He watched the game with his shin-pads and football boots on “In case he was needed” during the match.

He was 8 at the time.
:lmao :lmao  thats Brilliant.. well done on bringing him up the right way.
JFT 96

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22939 on: June 10, 2022, 08:09:47 am »
When someone offers you 8,000, and doesn't budge, and no one offers you 10,000, then the "market" for your car is 8.000. By definition.

Things sells for whatever the buyer is willing to pay for it. Not what the seller wants for it.

Of course, their valuations could match. Or not, in which case, the seller then has to decide whether to sell. That's when you find out if they really "want to sell".

We will soon find out what the market for Mane is. And, possibly later this summer, what the market for Salah is.

The big issue you have there is that what you’ve said suggests no one will offer Salah what he wants . The whole ‘no one offers you 10k’ stuff is entirely irrelevant when you have multiple buyers who WOULD pay that which there would be when you look at what is being paid around the current market to inferior players might I add.

Salah will get what he’s asking for at another club, that’s the entire point. Now that’s not to say the club should just pay whatever he wants, but to suggest not taking whatever you’re offered somehow equals not acting like you want to stay is not accurate
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 08:12:24 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
« Reply #22940 on: June 10, 2022, 08:19:13 am »
Are you his agent?

No, I just don't back the club 100% of the time when I think they are making a mistake. This is a huge one imo. People who praise him as the best player in the world/universe etc look a bit silly when they don't think he's worth 50% or less of the market rate for attackers (Messi, Mbappe - I know we should/could not pay him their whole wages), or parity with the best earners in the PL  :D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #22941 on: June 10, 2022, 08:34:41 am »
Congrats Mo on the PFA award!

Shame on the rest of you for talking more contract stuff. Enjoy what you have while it's here

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22942 on: June 10, 2022, 08:46:47 am »
I doubt he'd have won it if his season had been the other way round (his August-December form had been in January-May and vice versa) but when players were voting they were pretty close to the absurdly scintillating form of August-December in their minds. And he really was the best player in the world for those few months.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22943 on: June 10, 2022, 09:01:28 am »
Anyone think he still stays?. We are currently refreshing the squad with younger players on lower wages, Mane looks to be off, the only other player in the squad who could claim he deserves parity with Salah is Van Dijk. Some could argue Alison or Trent, but I doubt they will although they deserve to be paid well. So maybe the club are able to make an exception for Salah and offer him something he accepts without it causing unrest within the squad as there arnt to many players who can claim wage parity. (Sorry, I bet this has been discussed a million times. I have been thinking he will go, but now I’m not to sure).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 09:04:37 am by red1977 »

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22944 on: June 10, 2022, 09:13:22 am »
Well deserved.

First half and a bit of the season was out of this world. Second half not as many goals went in but he still put in excellent performances, particularly against Utd, City and Villarreal.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22945 on: June 10, 2022, 09:18:59 am »
Anyone think he still stays?. We are currently refreshing the squad with younger players on lower wages, Mane looks to be off, the only other player in the squad who could claim he deserves parity with Salah is Van Dijk. Some could argue Alison or Trent, but I doubt they will although they deserve to be paid well. So maybe the club are able to make an exception for Salah and offer him something he accepts without it causing unrest within the squad as there arnt to many players who can claim wage parity. (Sorry, I bet this has been discussed a million times. I have been thinking he will go, but now I’m not to sure).

Don't think he'll stay and I don't think it's just about the money. He wants his ego tickled a bit. This can be done either with huge wages or adulation from another big club - but it seems he prefers to get both. I'm ok with it as long as it's not a bloody season long telenovela.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22946 on: June 10, 2022, 09:39:06 am »

He was 8 at the time.

Haha, nice! You must be very proud.

Congratulations to Mo. We shouldn’t forget how incredible he was in the first half of the season. Head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #22947 on: June 10, 2022, 10:04:45 am »
He loves posing shirtless, so maybe all he wants is some extra body lotions, or maybe the front face of Nivea MEN advert?

tbf
If i had an upper body like his i wouldn't ever wear a t-shirt
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22948 on: June 10, 2022, 10:19:08 am »
The big issue you have there is that what you’ve said suggests no one will offer Salah what he wants . The whole ‘no one offers you 10k’ stuff is entirely irrelevant when you have multiple buyers who WOULD pay that which there would be when you look at what is being paid around the current market to inferior players might I add.

Salah will get what he’s asking for at another club, that’s the entire point. Now that’s not to say the club should just pay whatever he wants, but to suggest not taking whatever you’re offered somehow equals not acting like you want to stay is not accurate

So, you've got a budget of 10,000 to 12,000 to buy this car, someone who has more money than sense offers 25,000, do you match it or say fuck that, I'll get another car that will do the job I need and won't piss off the missus (ie rest of the squad)?

Other than the massively in debt Mancs, the only teams paying these wages are funded by states with hundreds of billions to spend.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22949 on: June 10, 2022, 10:27:59 am »
Get in Mo

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22950 on: June 10, 2022, 10:42:40 am »
Do it again Mo.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #22951 on: June 10, 2022, 11:00:27 am »

He was 8 at the time.

I remember my mates first game at Anfield, went mad in the store and came out looking like a mascot... sadly he was about 30 at the time :D
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22952 on: June 10, 2022, 03:22:07 pm »

I was referring to bids for players who are running down their contracts, not Salah's wages. And specifically the argument that Hazard went for 100 million with a year left on his contract, so LFC should ask for something similar for Mane or Salah.

Point being that what Madrid paid for Hazard is irrelevant. Not because Mane or Salah are "better" or "worse" than Hazard, but because LFC can only sell for whatever someone is willing to pay, right now. Most likely that buyer, whoever it is, will not be using Hazard as a yardstick when making their bid. 

With respect to Salah's wages, his entourage is likely doing the rounds to see who will pay the wages they want; there is stuff in internet world about it. And yes, it is entirely possible they will find what they are looking for. Good luck to them.

Because, again, that is because someone out there is willing to pay it. But LFC is not. And LFC have their reasons. Which is all that matters.

Differences regarding willingness to pay is what makes markets interesting, and sometimes, the source of great opportunities. Something I am sure we will take advantage of in turning over the squad.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #22953 on: June 11, 2022, 02:00:43 am »
So many accountants in here! We're one of the richest clubs in the world ffs! People talk as if we're Aston Villa!

We've just got to our 4th European Final in 5 years. We come in the top 2 in the league for the 3rd time in 4 years. We've won 2 cups. We have the biggest club sponsorship deal with Nike.

We're not poor. We're not PSG or City or Chelsea or even Newcastle  :butt, but we're not poor.

We have the best player in the league wanting to paid £400k a week and we dont need to pay a penny to secure his services. He's already ours. Pay the money ffs. 

Save £100k by selling AOC who's on £120k a week and give Carvalho more game time. In fact, sell Naby too and save another £120k a week for good measure - I hardly think we'll miss his 3 goals from last year  ::)

If Alison VVD Trent Fabinho come knocking, tell them they are not worth it. Simple as. Forwards get paid the most because scoring goals is the hardest skill. Salah has won the golden boot 3 of 4 years. He's also won the award for most assists in the league in the same season. You cannot replace that success without paying extortionate amounts of money.

If we sell Mane and lose Salah on a free then our goal scoring options are practically non existent.

Jota scored 15 league goals but is currently at a run rate of 9 goals in 33 matches in 2022 in all competitions. 2 of those goals were against Cardiff and Nottingham Forrest. He's scored 1 goal in the CL campaign. He's not a dead cert.

The next highest was Bobby & Fabinho with 5.  ::) The likes of Origi, Ox, Minamino, Keita, Hendo scored 2 or 3 goals - half of them are leaving or being linked with a move away.

So who's going to score goals?

Nunez? He's going to cost £65m plus £200k a week at least - he's a more expensive option than Salah at £400k a week.

I think it would be an utterly ridiculous decision to let the lad go. But hey, what do I know?  :-\

Completely agree 🙏

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22954 on: June 11, 2022, 02:05:24 am »
So many accountants in here! We're one of the richest clubs in the world ffs! People talk as if we're Aston Villa!

We've just got to our 4th European Final in 5 years. We come in the top 2 in the league for the 3rd time in 4 years. We've won 2 cups. We have the biggest club sponsorship deal with Nike.

We're not poor. We're not PSG or City or Chelsea or even Newcastle  :butt, but we're not poor.

We have the best player in the league wanting to paid £400k a week and we dont need to pay a penny to secure his services. He's already ours. Pay the money ffs. 

Save £100k by selling AOC who's on £120k a week and give Carvalho more game time. In fact, sell Naby too and save another £120k a week for good measure - I hardly think we'll miss his 3 goals from last year  ::)

If Alison VVD Trent Fabinho come knocking, tell them they are not worth it. Simple as. Forwards get paid the most because scoring goals is the hardest skill. Salah has won the golden boot 3 of 4 years. He's also won the award for most assists in the league in the same season. You cannot replace that success without paying extortionate amounts of money.

If we sell Mane and lose Salah on a free then our goal scoring options are practically non existent.

Jota scored 15 league goals but is currently at a run rate of 9 goals in 33 matches in 2022 in all competitions. 2 of those goals were against Cardiff and Nottingham Forrest. He's scored 1 goal in the CL campaign. He's not a dead cert.

The next highest was Bobby & Fabinho with 5.  ::) The likes of Origi, Ox, Minamino, Keita, Hendo scored 2 or 3 goals - half of them are leaving or being linked with a move away.

So who's going to score goals?

Nunez? He's going to cost £65m plus £200k a week at least - he's a more expensive option than Salah at £400k a week.

I think it would be an utterly ridiculous decision to let the lad go. But hey, what do I know:-\

To answer your question of what do you know - "not too much" is the answer.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #22955 on: June 11, 2022, 05:45:31 am »
Congrats Mo

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #22956 on: June 11, 2022, 08:18:54 am »
Looking likely he is leaving on a free next season. So the decision becomes whether you bring in a right-sided attacker this season or next.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22957 on: June 11, 2022, 09:18:41 am »
I was referring to bids for players who are running down their contracts, not Salah's wages. And specifically the argument that Hazard went for 100 million with a year left on his contract, so LFC should ask for something similar for Mane or Salah.

Point being that what Madrid paid for Hazard is irrelevant. Not because Mane or Salah are "better" or "worse" than Hazard, but because LFC can only sell for whatever someone is willing to pay, right now. Most likely that buyer, whoever it is, will not be using Hazard as a yardstick when making their bid. 

With respect to Salah's wages, his entourage is likely doing the rounds to see who will pay the wages they want; there is stuff in internet world about it. And yes, it is entirely possible they will find what they are looking for. Good luck to them.

Because, again, that is because someone out there is willing to pay it. But LFC is not. And LFC have their reasons. Which is all that matters.

Differences regarding willingness to pay is what makes markets interesting, and sometimes, the source of great opportunities. Something I am sure we will take advantage of in turning over the squad.

Then you quoted my post, to discuss something I wasn't even talking about, no idea where Hazard or even Mane came into this discussion, I was talking about Salah and only Salah and the suggestion he doesn't want to stay

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #22958 on: June 11, 2022, 09:52:09 am »
Danny Murphy missed a chance in the second-half, which I am convinced my 8-yr-old could have scored.

Oh well.

He was 8 at the time.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22959 on: June 11, 2022, 10:27:59 am »
Did they have Mondragon, the Colombian keeper in goal? And Hagi would have been playing for them then I think?

We missed a ton of chances didn’t we? That was that second group stage where we didn’t win a game until the final one against Roma and still went through. :D