Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2964155 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #23040 on: June 16, 2022, 02:14:03 pm »
It's like looking at a mirror image of myself.

Was thinking the same myself when I saw the pic. I know my wife would agree. She often says that I am like George Clooney in that I have eyes and grey hair
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #23041 on: June 16, 2022, 06:06:17 pm »
It's quite hard to pick a best goal of his, obviously.

But his goal against Man City last season ticked almost every box, making it hard to see past that one:
Individual brilliance TICK
Goal of out nothing TICK
Against top-level opposition, defence and goalkeeper TICK
On the big stage TICK
Unique play TICK
Mesmerising dribble TICK
Shot from an almost impossible angle to beat keeper TICK
Shot with power and precision TICK
On weaker foot! TICK

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #23042 on: June 16, 2022, 06:22:39 pm »
One more golden boot and he's joint most PL golden boots with Henry, tremendous.

He's immensely motivated as is, but knowing just how positively obsessed he is with scoring goals & being the best version of himself, he's k1ll1ng everyone again (his sixth one season wonder season on the bounce) next season.

Dude has a WC break mid-season as well, gives him a nice little rest which he desperately needs.

He's your problem @PremierLeague good luck.
The change is cast

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #23043 on: June 16, 2022, 08:31:19 pm »
Lad, put the tin foil hat down and leave it down  ;)

He's the Conspiracy Theory King of RAWK. The tin foil hat is his crown.

I think, however, he may actually be part of Mo Salah's secret team. A sort of Salah spook on RAWK who pretends to diss his boss but who is actually craftily bolstering up support for the guy. No doubt he and the rest of Mo's secret intelligence apparatus meet in underground cellars in remote, inaccessible lands to concoct their plans and spin their webs. Might that be possible?

EDIT: Having seriously thought about it for a few seconds I think, yes, it all makes sense and I'm undoubtedly right.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23044 on: June 16, 2022, 09:06:37 pm »

Oh, he very much cares what people think of him.

He has an entire parallel career devoted to manipulating the message and his image, complete with professional photographers who travel with him on holiday, and a very savvy PR operation that knows where to spend money to get the exposure they want, and how and when to plant  stories and “interviews” in the media for maximum effect.

And they’re good. The GQ cover and article (“best player in the universe!!”), just before his contract renewals? Ooh, that’s some serious pull. Must have cost a pretty penny, also.

And the interview in France Football, who run that golden ball thingy (“I’m shocked, just shocked that I didn’t get more votes  last time!!”), just as votes are due? Simply outstanding work.

Yep. These Salah PR guys are good. Maybe even “best in the world”. 

But how does that saying go? You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time?

Let’s hope PSG or Real fall for the BS next time around. We’re done.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #23045 on: June 16, 2022, 10:33:27 pm »

He has an entire parallel career devoted to manipulating the message and his image, complete with professional photographers who travel with him on holiday, and a very savvy PR operation that knows where to spend money to get the exposure they want, and how and when to plant  stories and “interviews” in the media for maximum effect.

And they’re good. The GQ cover and article (“best player in the universe!!”), just before his contract renewals? Ooh, that’s some serious pull. Must have cost a pretty penny, also.

And the interview in France Football, who run that golden ball thingy (“I’m shocked, just shocked that I didn’t get more votes  last time!!”), just as votes are due? Simply outstanding work.

But how does that saying go? You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time?

You have come up with some incredibly embarrassing crap in a number of threads recently.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #23046 on: June 16, 2022, 10:40:56 pm »

You don’t half fart out some rubbish.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #23047 on: June 16, 2022, 11:55:24 pm »
You don’t half fart out some rubbish.

Is a half fart noise, but no scent?

Or rather silent but incredibly olfactorially violent?

Inquiring minds, etc...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23048 on: June 17, 2022, 01:58:33 pm »
I think a half fart is something that builds up and feels like it'll be a ripper, but then just squeaks out.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23049 on: June 17, 2022, 02:39:30 pm »
You have come up with some incredibly embarrassing crap in a number of threads recently.  ::)

Lives in Florida, probably 90 and senile
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23050 on: June 17, 2022, 02:40:18 pm »
I think a half fart is something that builds up and feels like it'll be a ripper, but then just squeaks out.

I hate them.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23051 on: June 17, 2022, 03:49:27 pm »
I hate them.
But better than the opposite, depending where you are at the time. :)

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23052 on: June 17, 2022, 03:52:52 pm »
But better than the opposite, depending where you are at the time. :)

Ha Ha the old “just squeak this one out, no-one will notice” that turns into a Richter scale shaking explosion 🤣😂🤣

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23053 on: June 17, 2022, 03:53:08 pm »
I actually think he'll sign a new deal now, don't know why, just a feeling.  He'll obviously be top scorer again though.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23054 on: June 17, 2022, 03:54:13 pm »
I actually think he'll sign a new deal now, don't know why, just a feeling.  He'll obviously be top scorer again though.

I do too (think he will sign).

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #23055 on: June 17, 2022, 03:54:29 pm »
He'll leave next year on the free. Seeing Mane' getting 360k/w will spur his departure.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23056 on: June 17, 2022, 03:54:48 pm »
We have saved a big chunk on the wage budget this summer with the outgoings that are expected, maybe to accommodate his pay rise?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23057 on: June 17, 2022, 03:55:23 pm »
He'll leave next year on the free. Seeing Mane' getting 360k/w will spur his departure.

What, because he was unaware of others getting paid lots of money elsewhere before now?  ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23058 on: June 17, 2022, 03:56:19 pm »
What, because he was unaware of others getting paid lots of money elsewhere before now?  ;D

No because he'll see it's possible to get what he wants elsewhere. We won't let him go this season nothing stopping him going next year.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23059 on: June 17, 2022, 03:56:30 pm »

:D

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23060 on: June 17, 2022, 03:58:41 pm »

Salah has a much bigger pull than Mane, also generally scores more.  I don't think we'd blink at offering him 360k. He'll be like Ronaldo, an absolute freak until his late 30s.

Could be wrong, he could leave next week, but I always though one of Salah or Mane would leave, the other would sign.  I always thought it'd be Sadio that signed though.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23061 on: June 17, 2022, 04:00:38 pm »
Salah has a much bigger pull than Mane, also generally scores more.  I don't think we'd blink at offering him 360k. He'll be like Ronaldo, an absolute freak until his late 30s.

Could be wrong, he could leave next week, but I always though one of Salah or Mane would leave, the other would sign.  I always thought it'd be Sadio that signed though.

If we were going to offer him 360k/w we would have done it already. Just my feeling.

Eh will see what happens in a year.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #23062 on: June 17, 2022, 04:25:47 pm »
No because he'll see it's possible to get what he wants elsewhere. We won't let him go this season nothing stopping him going next year.

Come on, its surely the whole point that he knows that anyway? I doubt he's asking for £400k a week (for example) thinking that he wouldn't be able to get that anywhere else.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23063 on: June 17, 2022, 04:30:49 pm »
Come on, its surely the whole point that he knows that anyway? I doubt he's asking for £400k a week (for example) thinking that he wouldn't be able to get that anywhere else.

What i'm saying is that since Mane' is now going to be paid 360k/w he would be more inclined to go somewhere else that would pay him that.

i'm curious what you think he's asking the club for, that we haven't given him yet? What sort of salary do you think he's currently wanting?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23064 on: June 17, 2022, 04:45:27 pm »

I don't think he will score as much as before. When we bought Luiz and moved Mane to #9 position, Salah's role has changed to natural winger, hence his numbers have dropped after AFCON, it wasn't solely because of his poor form.

When we had Bobby as #9, he was that only on paper because most of the times, Mo was the real #9 occupying that position.

I think with Nunez arrival, we'll continue where we left.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 04:47:24 pm by Ravishing Rick Rude »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #23065 on: June 17, 2022, 04:46:44 pm »
If we were going to offer him 360k/w we would have done it already. Just my feeling.

How do you know we haven't?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23066 on: June 17, 2022, 04:48:59 pm »

How do you know we haven't?

1. I think it would go against our wage structure
and
2. I don't think he's asking for anymore than that. Just my opinion.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #23067 on: June 17, 2022, 04:49:11 pm »
What i'm saying is that since Mane' is now going to be paid 360k/w he would be more inclined to go somewhere else that would pay him that.

i'm curious what you think he's asking the club for, that we haven't given him yet? What sort of salary do you think he's currently wanting?

For a start, I doubt Sadios getting £360k a week at Bayern.

As for what Mo's asking for? No idea really, but I'd imagine along the lines of £300-350k a week but with the same sort of bonus structure we have now? Maybe a big signing fee/agent fee is the issue? Not sure really, but I'm pretty sure he knows full well he'd be able to get more elsewhere.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23068 on: June 17, 2022, 04:51:35 pm »
For a start, I doubt Sadios getting £360k a week at Bayern.

As for what Mo's asking for? No idea really, but I'd imagine along the lines of £300-350k a week but with the same sort of bonus structure we have now? Maybe a big signing fee/agent fee is the issue? Not sure really, but I'm pretty sure he knows full well he'd be able to get more elsewhere.

Someone said that's what Mane is now getting at Bayern so I was going off that.

All i'm saying is Salah would be inclined to leave on the free and be paid 350k+ somewhere else. That's my feeling on it.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #23069 on: June 17, 2022, 04:58:01 pm »
If anything, the Mané transfer fee if reinvested directly into Mo's new contract should make it easier to increase his sign-on fee to keep the weekly wage under something resembling controlled amounts.
Linudden.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #23070 on: June 17, 2022, 04:58:04 pm »
Mane is not the only player in the world getting that much, so why would his new contract at another club suddenly make Salah's mind up?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23071 on: June 17, 2022, 05:01:09 pm »
Mane is not the only player in the world getting that much, so why would his new contract at another club suddenly make Salah's mind up?

I think it's that we may be able to up an offer to Salah now that we know Mane is gone and/or it's less likely to have an immediate trickle down effect on the squad

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23072 on: June 17, 2022, 07:02:19 pm »
Reckon he'd join City at the end of his contract?

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23073 on: June 17, 2022, 07:35:29 pm »
Reckon he'd join City at the end of his contract?

Yeah I think he would, I doubt he gives a shit about the sportwashing and money talks, especially the amounts they'd pay him.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23074 on: June 17, 2022, 07:37:43 pm »
Yeah I think he would, I doubt he gives a shit about the sportwashing and money talks, especially the amounts they'd pay him.

You'd like to think it would all matter to him, even the playing for Liverpool part, but honestly money talks and bullshit walks. 9 times out of 10.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23075 on: June 17, 2022, 07:41:53 pm »
You'd like to think it would all matter to him, even the playing for Liverpool part, but honestly money talks and bullshit walks. 9 times out of 10.

Owen signing for Utd showed that even a player who grew up at the club and went to Hillsborough memorial services will put career and money over anything.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23076 on: June 17, 2022, 07:43:13 pm »
Owen signing for Utd showed that even a player who grew up at the club and went to Hillsborough memorial services will put career and money over anything.

Then again you've got Gerrard on the other side who turned down other clubs and paydays to stay at Liverpool. So for every 9 there is a 1. But I guess these days few and far between.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23077 on: June 17, 2022, 07:49:02 pm »
Then again you've got Gerrard on the other side who turned down other clubs and paydays to stay at Liverpool. So for every 9 there is a 1. But I guess these days few and far between.

He did say something along the lines of if he won the league at Chelsea, no one would give a fuck and no one would want to see the medals. Owen acted like he'd won the league for the Mancs, rather than played 10 minutes all season.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23078 on: June 17, 2022, 09:14:11 pm »
Come on Mo - get that deal signed and become our all time leading goal scorer 😛
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #23079 on: June 17, 2022, 10:10:56 pm »
I have a confession

I was having a tough weekend and his goal against Chelsea (top corner , i think Emerson was their left back ) a couple of seasons back opened some floodgates

I will always remember his time with us for that . Genius that can momentarily make you forget bad stuff going on outside of football

Let’s get 1 last amazing season