Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2964248 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #22800 on: June 7, 2022, 07:26:57 pm »
I agree, we can't blow the whole structure to give him his 400k a week at this point.

But the flip side of that might be needing £60-80 million to sign a new forward next summer; somewhere along the line you have to invest.

If the next guy is Nkunku, well the price is not going to be low.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22801 on: June 7, 2022, 07:45:05 pm »
I wouldn’t break the wage structure.

Sell him now if he doesn’t want to sign.

If he feels that Liverpool all round (fans, love, klopp, fellow team mates) don’t justify a 25% lower wage to elsewhere, then go.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22802 on: June 7, 2022, 07:46:56 pm »
The title of this thread is annoying.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #22803 on: June 7, 2022, 07:53:48 pm »
You give salah what he wants then Alison vvd trent fabinho etc all come knocking on the door. We have a wage structure for a reason. I would sooner Mo leave than us smash our wage structure. The financial well being of the club is paramount.

So many accountants in here! We're one of the richest clubs in the world ffs! People talk as if we're Aston Villa!

We've just got to our 4th European Final in 5 years. We come in the top 2 in the league for the 3rd time in 4 years. We've won 2 cups. We have the biggest club sponsorship deal with Nike.

We're not poor. We're not PSG or City or Chelsea or even Newcastle  :butt, but we're not poor.

We have the best player in the league wanting to paid £400k a week and we dont need to pay a penny to secure his services. He's already ours. Pay the money ffs. 

Save £100k by selling AOC who's on £120k a week and give Carvalho more game time. In fact, sell Naby too and save another £120k a week for good measure - I hardly think we'll miss his 3 goals from last year  ::)

If Alison VVD Trent Fabinho come knocking, tell them they are not worth it. Simple as. Forwards get paid the most because scoring goals is the hardest skill. Salah has won the golden boot 3 of 4 years. He's also won the award for most assists in the league in the same season. You cannot replace that success without paying extortionate amounts of money.

If we sell Mane and lose Salah on a free then our goal scoring options are practically non existent.

Jota scored 15 league goals but is currently at a run rate of 9 goals in 33 matches in 2022 in all competitions. 2 of those goals were against Cardiff and Nottingham Forrest. He's scored 1 goal in the CL campaign. He's not a dead cert.

The next highest was Bobby & Fabinho with 5.  ::) The likes of Origi, Ox, Minamino, Keita, Hendo scored 2 or 3 goals - half of them are leaving or being linked with a move away.

So who's going to score goals?

Nunez? He's going to cost £65m plus £200k a week at least - he's a more expensive option than Salah at £400k a week.

I think it would be an utterly ridiculous decision to let the lad go. But hey, what do I know?  :-\
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22804 on: June 7, 2022, 08:00:15 pm »
So many accountants in here! We're one of the richest clubs in the world ffs! People talk as if we're Aston Villa!

We've just got to our 4th European Final in 5 years. We come in the top 2 in the league for the 3rd time in 4 years. We've won 2 cups. We have the biggest club sponsorship deal with Nike.

We're not poor. We're not PSG or City or Chelsea or even Newcastle  :butt, but we're not poor.

We have the best player in the league wanting to paid £400k a week and we dont need to pay a penny to secure his services. He's already ours. Pay the money ffs. 

Save £100k by selling AOC who's on £120k a week and give Carvalho more game time. In fact, sell Naby too and save another £120k a week for good measure - I hardly think we'll miss his 3 goals from last year  ::)

If Alison VVD Trent Fabinho come knocking, tell them they are not worth it. Simple as. Forwards get paid the most because scoring goals is the hardest skill. Salah has won the golden boot 3 of 4 years. He's also won the award for most assists in the league in the same season. You cannot replace that success without paying extortionate amounts of money.

If we sell Mane and lose Salah on a free then our goal scoring options are practically non existent.

Jota scored 15 league goals but is currently at a run rate of 9 goals in 33 matches in 2022 in all competitions. 2 of those goals were against Cardiff and Nottingham Forrest. He's scored 1 goal in the CL campaign. He's not a dead cert.

The next highest was Bobby & Fabinho with 5.  ::) The likes of Origi, Ox, Minamino, Keita, Hendo scored 2 or 3 goals - half of them are leaving or being linked with a move away.

Nunez? He's going to cost £65m plus £200k a week at least - he's a more expensive option than Salah at £400k a week.

I think it would be an utterly ridiculous decision to let the lad go. But hey, what do I know?  :-\

Dont agree with everything but agree with most. It would be an absolute nutcase who thinks we should sell Salah, let him go on a free if we have to, i couldnt give a shit.

People are just put out that he wont commit. I want to win the league next season and if anyone thinks selling our best attackers will mean we compete then they are having a laugh.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22805 on: June 7, 2022, 08:00:29 pm »

If Alison VVD Trent Fabinho come knocking, tell them they are not worth it. Simple as.

Then they want to leave, then the same 10 year olds throwing tantrums because they've no understanding whatsoever that spending beyond your means is a sure fire way to end up fucked.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22806 on: June 7, 2022, 08:02:57 pm »

If Alison VVD Trent Fabinho come knocking, tell them they are not worth it.
So sell half the midfield, rely on kids and tell half of the first team they're not fit to lace Mo's boots. I see no potential issues with any of this at all.

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #22807 on: June 7, 2022, 08:06:51 pm »

Darwin Núñez is earning € 20.000 in Benfica. If we pay him five times that salary, he will say YES, I LOVE LIVERPOOL :)

https://sillyseason.com/money/salary/sl-benfica-players-salaries-129979/
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #22808 on: June 7, 2022, 08:13:51 pm »

Completely agree. Rather than looking at clubs like psg, city or others, we should look at the wage structure of a club like Bayern. Lewandowski, Neuer, mueller and Kimmich are all getting 300k and above.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22809 on: June 7, 2022, 08:15:36 pm »

Darwin Núñez is earning € 20.000 in Benfica. If we pay him five times that salary, he will say YES, I LOVE LIVERPOOL :)

https://sillyseason.com/money/salary/sl-benfica-players-salaries-129979/

75.6% of Hindi-speaking Uraguayanese disagree. That's only 100K - and you know what happens at 100K.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22810 on: June 7, 2022, 08:16:36 pm »
People on here are deluded to think we can sell both Mané and Salah and still win the big trophies, in a season where we never won either of the two.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #22811 on: June 7, 2022, 08:19:30 pm »
75.6% of Hindi-speaking Uraguayanese disagree. That's only 100K - and you know what happens at 100K.
You are grossly exaggerating, the credible polls show only 73.1% numbers. But you're right on the 100k.   
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22812 on: June 7, 2022, 08:19:30 pm »
Then they want to leave, then the same 10 year olds throwing tantrums because they've no understanding whatsoever that spending beyond your means is a sure fire way to end up fucked.
Which is exactly the point I was going to make. It’s OK to pay Salah what he wants, but when other players ask for a pay rise we tell them they’re not worth it?! 🤣

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22813 on: June 7, 2022, 08:42:37 pm »
Which is exactly the point I was going to make. It’s OK to pay Salah what he wants, but when other players ask for a pay rise we tell them they’re not worth it?! 🤣

Yeah, look Ali, we know you're the best keeper in the world, arguably one of the best keepers we've ever had at the club, but nah mate, only strikers matter where wages are concerned.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22814 on: June 7, 2022, 08:44:06 pm »
The only way you can get the wage bill in the clubs accounts to add up is if Salah and our top players are already taking home well over £350k a week (base plus bonuses).

The issue is how much of the new contract is the base salary and if it fits in the wage structure. I think this is the issue in that we don't want to give £350k+ a week base as it destroys the whole structure. Then there will be bonuses, image rights etc on top which would take the total take home to some mad figure

I think at this stage its clear Mo probably leaves on a free next summer, which kind of suits all parties.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22815 on: June 7, 2022, 09:01:48 pm »
Earning more in a week that the average person earns in 10 years. Got out of hand really hasn’t it

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22816 on: June 7, 2022, 09:11:55 pm »
Earning more in a week that the average person earns in 10 years. Got out of hand really hasn’t it

Rampant inequality mate - fucking stinks!

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22817 on: June 7, 2022, 09:12:58 pm »

Yes, it's actually vile now at this stage.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #22818 on: June 7, 2022, 09:13:09 pm »
How much is our latest offer?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22819 on: June 7, 2022, 09:15:15 pm »

Imagine thinking this and not thinking that those players (the best GK in the world, the best CB in the world (in the conversation for best ever), the best RB in the world, the best DM in the world) would be put out instantly and just look to leave. You'd be telling them that one player is vastly more important than all the rest of them and the rest of the squad. It's the most anti Klopp/anti LFC view and I can't believe anyone has even suggested it

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22820 on: June 7, 2022, 09:22:33 pm »
Love all this pay what mo wants. Like that's the only issue. Most clubs have a structure, that dictates what the squad gets. If you were an agent of one of our top players you could easily argue your client getting 75% of the top earners salary. It just doesn't work like sell player x and give mo his wages. It's such a basic way to look at it.

Then there are signing on fees, it will cost us money either way. The decision is does mo want to stay within our structure or go elsewhere to be paid rates inflated by state owned clubs. It's that simple. We can't keep pace with them, it's not the structure that brought us our current success.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22821 on: June 7, 2022, 09:22:42 pm »
Imagine thinking this and not thinking that those players (the best GK in the world, the best CB in the world (in the conversation for best ever), the best RB in the world, the best DM in the world) would be put out instantly and just look to leave. You'd be telling them that one player is vastly more important than all the rest of them and the rest of the squad. It's the most anti Klopp/anti LFC view and I can't believe anyone has even suggested it

Is Van Dijk on £250k a week or something?

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22822 on: June 7, 2022, 09:25:39 pm »
Is Van Dijk on £250k a week or something?

£220k

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22823 on: June 7, 2022, 09:26:21 pm »
200 to 220k. So would immediately be on near 50% of Salah's new wage :D

Does anyone now see the new problem
« Last Edit: June 7, 2022, 09:28:19 pm by WillG.LFC »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22824 on: June 7, 2022, 09:32:26 pm »
200 to 220k. So would immediately be on near 50% of Salah's new wage :D

Does anyone now see the new problem

Yep. Also means we are unlikely to sign many expensive footballers.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22825 on: June 7, 2022, 09:36:07 pm »
Biggest problem we now face is targeting a replacement if we let Salah go. Whoever we go for will immediately know there is a ceiling to how much he can earn at LFC. It sends a message that we won't be held to ransom, but it could be problematic if target players start to view us as a stepping stone club again to higher paying clubs. Instead of having a player for six or seven years, we probably get them for maybe four.

There's no point in letting Salah go if a replacement is going to demand wages close to what we refused for Mo in the first place.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22826 on: June 7, 2022, 09:37:29 pm »
Biggest problem we now face is targeting a replacement if we let Salah go. Whoever we go for will immediately know there is a ceiling to how much he can earn at LFC. It sends a message that we won't be held to ransom, but it could be problematic if target players start to view us as a stepping stone club again to higher paying clubs. Instead of having a player for six or seven years, we probably get them for maybe four.

There's no point in letting Salah go if a replacement is going to demand wages close to what we refused for Mo in the first place.

I would imagine we would want a player like Diaz, below £60m wanting a wage below £150k.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22827 on: June 7, 2022, 09:38:48 pm »
Our models always been competitive wages just not market leading wages. Why fans expect different is beyond me. I don't blame Mo for wanting comparative wages to the world's top earners either. Just a clash unfortunately

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22828 on: June 7, 2022, 09:40:01 pm »
I would imagine we would want a player like Diaz, below £60m wanting a wage below £150k.
this, players like thiago came for 200k, it's hardly a shite salary.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22829 on: June 7, 2022, 09:44:10 pm »
this, players like thiago came for 200k, it's hardly a shite salary.

Of course not a shite salary, but is not getting you many of the worlds elite attacking talent.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22830 on: June 7, 2022, 09:46:42 pm »
When was the last time we did that? It's not how we operate, so again it's a little odd we are expecting us to go splash 300k plus on a salah replacement.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22831 on: June 7, 2022, 09:48:21 pm »
When was the last time we did that? It's not how we operate, so again it's a little odd we are expecting us to go splash 300k plus on a salah replacement.

Dont think anyone is expecting it. Hence i would rather just keep Salah so we at least get a world class player for one more season.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22832 on: June 7, 2022, 09:52:04 pm »
Of course not a shite salary, but is not getting you many of the worlds elite attacking talent.
But isn't the point to sign a top level prospect near but not at his prime time and develop him past that threshold? Examples: Torres, Suarez, Coutinho, in the past, Bobby, Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz currently.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22833 on: June 7, 2022, 09:55:10 pm »
But isn't the point to sign a top level prospect near but not at his prime time and develop him past that threshold? Examples: Torres, Suarez, Coutinho, in the past, Bobby, Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz currently.

Oh yeah absolutely, thats our model and is why I couldnt believe the Mbappe talk.

But it also means we are likely getting a worse player than Salah for next season if we replaced him. I want to win the league so I would rather keep him and have the strongest team we can muster.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22834 on: June 7, 2022, 09:56:07 pm »
Dont think anyone is expecting it. Hence i would rather just keep Salah so we at least get a world class player for one more season.
That is the most likely outcome. Makes most sense for Salah, financially and he gets to choose his destination. Players often have the power these days.

Whether he leaves now or next year though the model that brought us success is the one we follow

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22835 on: June 7, 2022, 10:05:59 pm »
Oh yeah absolutely, thats our model and is why I couldnt believe the Mbappe talk.

But it also means we are likely getting a worse player than Salah for next season if we replaced him. I want to win the league so I would rather keep him and have the strongest team we can muster.
Salah is staying, I thought. We'll likely lose him on a free, but he said it himself. So the player coming in will be either in preparation for that or as Mane's replacement (who was Diaz, I thought).

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22836 on: June 7, 2022, 10:06:43 pm »

Not worth the hassle of the circus to be honest. Take the money we'd get for him now and invest in in players who actually want to stay and have success with us.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22837 on: June 7, 2022, 10:08:09 pm »
Not worth the hassle of the circus to be honest. Take the money we'd get for him now and invest in in players who actually want to stay and have success with us.

A league title is worth the hassle and circus. Not that having Salah guarantees it, but it gives us a better chance.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22838 on: June 7, 2022, 10:08:27 pm »
What money? Has anyone inquired about him? And are we going to push him out the door?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22839 on: June 7, 2022, 10:09:19 pm »
It's certainly tricky. If used correctly any money could mean we stay competitive for the next 4 to 5 years (like the coutinho sale). Might be all or nothing if we keep mo. If it doesn't work out next season then what? Certainly an interesting football discussion. More so than just pay him what he wants bore fest