Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 317483 times)

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: IPTV
« Reply #2160 on: July 30, 2022, 12:36:52 pm »
Your subs from them might last the full year but I wouldn't bet on it,more than likely last less than 3.

to be honest that's a risk with all IPTV services. A good choice would be getting 3 months for 6$. Personally I am lucky never had any issues and 6$ is nothing to what local suppliers charge here especially since most providers are using the same sources for channels.

I wonder if there is a legitimate streaming service that we can access by using a VPN as it would be a better option

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2161 on: July 30, 2022, 01:48:21 pm »
I've got a few  on the go atm (it's a sickness)  but have access to 5 or 6 more and none of them use the same sources.A few of them use more than one and the most expensive has 4/5 sources for the main channels.

Pretty sure that the servers are in Europe for most of them as well.

I get your point though,if you don't have a reliable source,one that is picky about what they sell,then there's no difference as you're going in blind either way.

In that case aliexpress is a bit cheaper than the others but don't expect them to last.They fill panels and then dump them regularly,then open a new account,rename the sub and rinse and repeat.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #2162 on: July 31, 2022, 01:41:35 pm »
I'm finally going to have to dive into this as my previously reliable web streaming service of 8 years appears to be finally kaput

Have sorted a vpn and have a firestick arriving this afternoon so will play about with that when it arrives, if anyone can recommend a sub (I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for a service that is pretty reliable) by dm that would be great - finally do you also need to have an iptv player app?

Appreciate I'm doubtless showing my ignorance here (good this internetty stuff makes me feel old) but any help appreciated

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2163 on: July 31, 2022, 02:12:32 pm »
I have got a trial of an IPTV service for my laptop, running through VLC.

I can get all the channels fine but is there anyway to but a tv type guide up to see what are on the channels and it says there is VOD on the service but can't seem to find it on there. I have asked the provider but not received a reply.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: July 31, 2022, 03:53:34 pm »
I'm getting my Fire Cube setup with IPTV for the new season. Any recommendations for a good IPTV app?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2165 on: July 31, 2022, 04:20:29 pm »
Tivimate Premium is by far the best I’ve used

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2166 on: July 31, 2022, 04:25:52 pm »
Tivimate Premium is by far the best I’ve used

Yeah I concur, assuming the previous poster has a sub that is compatible with it. Better than any of the apps my provider has supplied (and they have many options).

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2167 on: July 31, 2022, 07:05:28 pm »
So apparently I need STBEmu pro in order for it work with my sub.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2168 on: July 31, 2022, 07:13:50 pm »

If your provider uses STBEmu then I don't think your sub will be compatible with with Tivimate. You'll probably have to use whatever they recommend.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2169 on: July 31, 2022, 07:14:02 pm »

They usually have a few app/player options.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2170 on: July 31, 2022, 09:03:58 pm »
STB emu is a decent app, used it for years.

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #2171 on: August 2, 2022, 02:01:37 pm »
I pay 65 quid a year, been using them 5+ years, support via discord, usually quick to respond. all games i could ever want, max stream seems to be 1080p. also comes with a tv series/documentary/movie hub for stuff... i like the service and have no real issues with it, the occasional stutter.

obviously we can't name the name of our provider... but has anyone got a lot more for a lot less than i have? happy to read some brags :)

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2172 on: August 2, 2022, 02:09:50 pm »
I pay 65 quid a year, been using them 5+ years, support via discord, usually quick to respond. all games i could ever want, max stream seems to be 1080p. also comes with a tv series/documentary/movie hub for stuff... i like the service and have no real issues with it, the occasional stutter.

obviously we can't name the name of our provider... but has anyone got a lot more for a lot less than i have? happy to read some brags :)

I got a lifetime sub from my supplier about 6 years ago, think it was £100 during a Black Friday deal. I already had a 12 month sub with them at the time with probably 8 months remaining since I usually subscribed at the start of the season, so took a risk but it's paid off, still going strong.

I think it was probably a bit of a cash grab by the previous owners as the service seemed to change hands not long afterwards but it's gotten better if anything, great support via discord like yours and very reliable. I've got several friends and family using it paying £65 a year who are very envious when I mention my lifetime deal.

Obviously it won't last forever, but more than had my monies worth.

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #2173 on: August 2, 2022, 03:25:10 pm »
I got a lifetime sub from my supplier about 6 years ago, think it was £100 during a Black Friday deal. I already had a 12 month sub with them at the time with probably 8 months remaining since I usually subscribed at the start of the season, so took a risk but it's paid off, still going strong.

I think it was probably a bit of a cash grab by the previous owners as the service seemed to change hands not long afterwards but it's gotten better if anything, great support via discord like yours and very reliable. I've got several friends and family using it paying £65 a year who are very envious when I mention my lifetime deal.

Obviously it won't last forever, but more than had my monies worth.

think we're on the same provider as I remember early on they were doing black friday deals.

they have a Plex subscription too which is awesome. if i wasn't on turkish £4/month netflix account i would bin that off.

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #2174 on: August 2, 2022, 10:09:30 pm »

Would you be willing to share details by pm.. have managed to finally get firestick sorted with downloaded etc but the 14 day trial sub I paid for is awful, just buffers constantly

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2175 on: August 3, 2022, 01:38:51 pm »
Hi all, I'm in the lookout for a decent IPTV service, mainly for football. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, please private message me. Many thanks

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #2176 on: August 4, 2022, 02:56:33 pm »
Would you be willing to share details by pm.. have managed to finally get firestick sorted with downloaded etc but the 14 day trial sub I paid for is awful, just buffers constantly

sorry mate according to their rules, we can only pass on recommendations to people we know and have known for a long time. they question you when you recommend someone as to how you know the person and for how long etc.

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #2177 on: August 4, 2022, 04:31:53 pm »
sorry mate according to their rules, we can only pass on recommendations to people we know and have known for a long time. they question you when you recommend someone as to how you know the person and for how long etc.

No worries man - thanks for getting back to me anyway

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2178 on: August 4, 2022, 05:00:24 pm »
Apparently if you have a paramount plus subscription and use a Mexico VPN you can watch live PL football. Might be of use to some.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2179 on: August 6, 2022, 12:45:42 am »
Do enjoy the ambient nature of a big TV in the background

52" TV showing Dog Rescue does my soul some good

Will have a comb for the match, lfcglobe is good for channels I can look up

Cut the cord with Virgin Sky get wrecked mate fuck all that stuff

Between a Plex share and & IPTV I don't have to directly pay corporations for my watching needs

.. This is such an on-brand post  ;D

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2180 on: August 6, 2022, 04:56:55 pm »
Do enjoy the ambient nature of a big TV in the background

52" TV showing Dog Rescue does my soul some good

Will have a comb for the match, lfcglobe is good for channels I can look up

Cut the cord with Virgin Sky get wrecked mate fuck all that stuff

Between a Plex share and & IPTV I don't have to directly pay corporations for my watching needs

.. This is such an on-brand post  ;D

Just recently discovered plex and it’s brilliant. So much better than something like CinemaHD and so much cheaper than a Netflix subscription  ;D CinemaHD was good when used with RD, but when playing 4K content you can see the difference in quality with a decent plex subscription, plus there’s no lip sync issues like you often get with the likes of CinemaHD.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: August 6, 2022, 10:43:10 pm »
general question for the experts on here ..... my apologies if this is a bit off topic from IPTV per se, but it's near and dear to many hearts I would think.

we've gone from dial-up to 3G then 4G now 5G .... each one was "gonna be great, will knock your socks off" and none of them has been, at all.  I'm not talking about the scuzzy/dicey free services but the DAZN, FUBO etc type services that drive you up the damn wall while charging a pretty big damn slice every month.

so:
how long will it be - assuming it ever happens - before streaming sports is as "instant" and as reliable as TV is? what is needed - upgrades to KPI, networks, hw, sw?  or maybe industry consolidation so somebody gets sufficient scale to make meaningful investments?

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2182 on: August 6, 2022, 10:46:40 pm »
Could anyone PM me a link to a decent plex share provider? Thanks.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2183 on: August 6, 2022, 11:09:00 pm »
Just recently discovered plex and it’s brilliant. So much better than something like CinemaHD and so much cheaper than a Netflix subscription  ;D CinemaHD was good when used with RD, but when playing 4K content you can see the difference in quality with a decent plex subscription, plus there’s no lip sync issues like you often get with the likes of CinemaHD.

It's great isn't it

This plex share.

Fired up Predator the original and it looks great and smooth in 4K

Plex for shows

IPTV for footie and whatever random things I wish to have on this big screen

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2184 on: August 7, 2022, 06:03:51 pm »
Could anyone PM me a link to a decent plex share provider? Thanks.
Yeah can somebody link me?

How often do they update them? Like with cinema hd you will get something quite quickly after realease so I’m guessing it’s a longer wait but is it days/weeks?

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2185 on: August 7, 2022, 09:10:15 pm »

How often do they update them? Like with cinema hd you will get something quite quickly after realease so I’m guessing it’s a longer wait but is it days/weeks?

Been watching a few box set series and the new episodes are there within anything between to a few hours and a day of the release.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: August 7, 2022, 11:09:20 pm »
Just checking out the recommended one. The higher bitrate stuff is a bit choppy so unwatchable which I assume is the distance from the server. I play higher bitrate real debrid links all the time with no issue. I get around 460mb down and running it through a nvidea shield. Is there anything you can do in settings to fix this? I doubt it but worth a try..

The plex app is great though compared to something like cinema. Also there is loads on there as far as I can tell after searching some random old films.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2022, 11:10:55 pm by MBL? »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2187 on: August 7, 2022, 11:12:14 pm »
Just checking out the recommended one. The higher bitrate stuff is a bit choppy so unwatchable which I assume is the distance from the server. I play higher bitrate real debrid links all the time with no issue. I get around 460mb down and running it through a nvidea shield. Is there anything you can do in settings to fix this? I doubt it but worth a try..

The plex app is great though compared to something like cinema.

You could get a plex like experience with a Kodi addon & RD.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: August 7, 2022, 11:31:35 pm »
You could get a plex like experience with a Kodi addon & RD.
Unless kodi has seriously improved over the last few years I doubt it mate. Plex will save where you were on multiple devices like Netflix and sync everything else as well. I left kodi when I found terrerium and never went back. Can’t remember it’s name now but there was this other thing I used that you paid for and linked in your real debrid like cinema that was brilliant but it got shut down. There’s a cloned version about today but I can’t remember it’s name either, Haha.

There’s advantages and disadvantages as far as I can see. It can be hard to get good links on something like cinema for the more obscure stuff or just older stuff. I ended up using IPTV vod to watch the sopranos back for example since the links weren’t great and that isn’t remotely obscure. On these plex shares you’d have no problem at all. On the other hand something big and relatively new there will be loads of real debrid quality links that are very high bitrate.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: August 7, 2022, 11:34:48 pm »
Just remembered the original was Tvzion and the one that’s replaced it is Syncler

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: August 7, 2022, 11:47:10 pm »
Unless kodi has seriously improved over the last few years I doubt it mate. Plex will save where you were on multiple devices like Netflix and sync everything else as well. I left kodi when I found terrerium and never went back. Can’t remember it’s name now but there was this other thing I used that you paid for and linked in your real debrid like cinema that was brilliant but it got shut down. There’s a cloned version about today but I can’t remember it’s name either, Haha.

There’s advantages and disadvantages as far as I can see. It can be hard to get good links on something like cinema for the more obscure stuff or just older stuff. I ended up using IPTV vod to watch the sopranos back for example since the links weren’t great and that isn’t remotely obscure. On these plex shares you’d have no problem at all. On the other hand something big and relatively new there will be loads of real debrid quality links that are very high bitrate.

There are addons that only work with RD & they have everything that any plex server has,that's not to say Plex isn't great,it is.

Terrarium was the best,didn't even need RD with that.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2022, 11:49:36 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: August 8, 2022, 12:13:49 am »
There are addons that only work with RD & they have everything that any plex server has,that's not to say Plex isn't great,it is.

Terrarium was the best,didn't even need RD with that.
RD links on terrarium were great since you got better quality but yeah you really could go without them where as nowadays rd is essential. Apps like that and cinema are based off kodi addons just with a better ui. All of them are doing the same thing which is scraping the internet for links, the better ones seem to update more often. Plex is different since it’s on dedicated servers and the app seems a lot better.

I’ve never missed anything with rd and cinema but I do prefer a slicker layout and more features of something like Netflix.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2192 on: August 8, 2022, 12:15:43 am »

If you're on reddit then check out r/plexshares, there's loads advertised on there, you'll be able to get a free trial for most too. There's even a couple of free shares though they have drawbacks compared to the pay servers (wait times to join, no 4k access, mimimum watch time per week to keep your spot etc)

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2193 on: August 8, 2022, 11:42:47 am »

The plex app is great though compared to something like cinema. Also there is loads on there as far as I can tell after searching some random old films.

Using plex is choppy?

I'm playing 4k content fine from a plex share.  There are a few settings that you need to tweak such as enabling direct play and to play at original quality.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2194 on: August 8, 2022, 12:47:00 pm »
Using plex is choppy?

I'm playing 4k content fine from a plex share.  There are a few settings that you need to tweak such as enabling direct play and to play at original quality.

There are variables to consider, such as the box/stick and connection speed. Also wired or wireless can make a difference. I can watch things in my bedroom on my wired Nvidia Shield that might buffer in the living room with a firestick over WiFi. Also 4k is probably not happening for people who don't have fiber broadband for example.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2195 on: August 8, 2022, 02:01:23 pm »
There are variables to consider, such as the box/stick and connection speed. Also wired or wireless can make a difference. I can watch things in my bedroom on my wired Nvidia Shield that might buffer in the living room with a firestick over WiFi. Also 4k is probably not happening for people who don't have fiber broadband for example.

100%  But when they can play high bitrate files fine using RD links and have 400mb+ d/l speeds it should be fine.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2196 on: August 8, 2022, 05:14:03 pm »
Using plex is choppy?

It will play the 4K stuff fine but the higher bitrate blu rays it is struggling. If you filter in movies by bitrate you can try it. Where is the direct play option in settings? Don’t see it anywhere?

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2197 on: August 8, 2022, 05:22:55 pm »
It will play the 4K stuff fine but the higher bitrate blu rays it is struggling. If you filter in movies by bitrate you can try it. Where is the direct play option in settings? Don’t see it anywhere?

https://www.plxplainers.xyz/#plex-for-android

Check that out for how to change it. Basically you want it playing at maximum quality otherwise it'll transcode (convert the video to a lower quality on the fly) which may cause buffering.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: August 8, 2022, 06:08:48 pm »
Can anyone give me a bullet note summary of how I can get into this? The OP is 6 years old which is an eternity in the tech world.

I am only interested in reliably watching Liverpool games from the comfort of my sofa. I might also watch games involving 2 of the other big 6, but aside from that don’t watch any sport at all so I’m not going to sub to Sky. I have watched streams on the laptop but it’s fussy, sometimes can’t get a good stream or an English one, nuisance ads, plus it’s a laptop screen.

I have Disney+ and Amazon and regularly use torrents for any other TV shows I need so I don’t need a service for TV or movies. I guess if this IPTV also includes tv/movies then it’s a bonus, but definitely not a primary concern.

I just want to know what I need to buy, where from, and what I need to pay going forward. My understanding is that I need a box and then subscribe to some service?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2199 on: August 8, 2022, 06:16:51 pm »
Best device (value and quality wise) is a fire stick imo & the best time to buy them is when Amazon have a sale.