Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 317421 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: IPTV
« Reply #2120 on: July 2, 2022, 11:12:54 am »
Sounds very doable. Plex can do collections. The service I use actually does it too

There are recommended specs for hosting Plex, see
https://support.plex.tv/articles/201774043-what-kind-of-cpu-do-i-need-for-my-server/

In my experience unless you're doing 4K everything, it isn't a worry. Transcoding is done and stored on the drive / machine

I've actually got a huge personal Plex library. Downside: plex can be fussy with shows and structures. It's popular enough that most downloads or services are actually Plex compliant, and it can scrape... But if it's down to raw files you're hosting yourself, you may want to give this a nose

https://support.plex.tv/articles/naming-and-organizing-your-tv-show-files/

Short version is something is either a TV show or its a Film (or Music)

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2121 on: July 2, 2022, 12:52:24 pm »
Excellent. Sounds like that's my project sorted for this weekend :)

Luckily my media library looks to be sorted correctly already; Kodi movie/tv scrapers follow a very similar naming convention

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2122 on: July 2, 2022, 01:24:18 pm »
Cool!

I have a Firestick. PS5 is dodgy but Godfather 2 is starting up fine in 4K. Cheers for the reminder, Firestick seems a better Plex device!

Had to go onto Plex Advanced Settings, change remote play to max, enable sources, and most importantly turn off H.264 - when you're in there it will make sense. Then boom, works

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2123 on: July 2, 2022, 03:03:24 pm »
Well it seemed easy enough to set up [ I was trying via a container on a Pi ] except no matter what I tried I couldn't get the Pi to get a mount to the NAS drive.

Oh well - I'll stick with Kodi until I figure out what the problem is.

EDIT: Found the problem .... it would help if I was trying to mount the volume on the pi itself rather than inside the plex container :D. It's busy scanning away now
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 10:11:36 pm by SalahsLeftFoot »

Offline Freetux

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2124 on: July 12, 2022, 07:40:39 pm »
My provider just ran out recently. It had been patchy last season during bigger matches,
Can anyone recommend a reliable provider please, m3u based would be helpful

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2125 on: July 13, 2022, 01:18:01 pm »
Np

Don't use their iptv but I might. See what I feel when footie starts up!

Have had a trial of there IPTV for the past 24 hours and .... bearing in mind I don't have a lot of experience of using IPTV as main TV replacement I found it a bit glitchy and there was more than the odd sound dropout (for a second or two). This may well be down to the Firestick but I thought I would post an update just the same.

I am also not sure if this is just this particular provider, or a Plex thing, but I had to use a separate app for the IPTV trial even though there is a "Live TV" menu option in Plex  ???

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: July 13, 2022, 07:10:02 pm »
Did you check if there was more than 1 codec setting ?  It could be as simple as that or it is their end because the sticks can handle just about anything.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline aleclfcr

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2127 on: July 14, 2022, 05:32:00 pm »
Been with my IPTV supplier for 5 years, has his own app which can be downloaded onto a firestick and also has a web player.

Happy to pass on details if anyone needs

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: July 15, 2022, 01:58:17 pm »
What puts me off an IP TV sub again is needing a VPN. it's an extra fee.

An app with they built in? That would be something

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: July 15, 2022, 03:44:07 pm »
Have never needed a VPN with the one I use

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: July 15, 2022, 04:43:05 pm »
I'm with Virgin Media for my crimes and even with ExpressVPN I'd find PL matches routinely interrupted! It was weird. Ended up being a waste of time trying. I'm talking streams dying, or weird distortion on the stream

So I went back to just using my laptop to find a stream and HDMI into the telly

Maybe I'll try again. See how this thread shapes up.

That Plex service I've been wittering about is great. Watched the new What We Do in the Shadows last night in HD.

Plex for on demand
IPTV for footie, I guess

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: July 15, 2022, 05:26:11 pm »
I'm with Virgin Media for my crimes and even with ExpressVPN I'd find PL matches routinely interrupted! It was weird. Ended up being a waste of time trying. I'm talking streams dying, or weird distortion on the stream

So I went back to just using my laptop to find a stream and HDMI into the telly

Maybe I'll try again. See how this thread shapes up.

That Plex service I've been wittering about is great. Watched the new What We Do in the Shadows last night in HD.

Plex for on demand
IPTV for footie, I guess

Have you got your safesurf or whatever Virgin call it turned off ?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2132 on: July 15, 2022, 05:27:39 pm »
Have never needed a VPN with the one I use

Me neither mate.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: July 15, 2022, 05:30:22 pm »
Have you got your safesurf or whatever Virgin call it turned off ?

Very. I tried so much. Thanks for the shout, but I think they track me haha

Or they block the IPTV at source. Obviously easier than going after punters

Anyway, they win. I've got sketchier ways.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: July 15, 2022, 05:36:39 pm »
Very. I tried so much. Thanks for the shout, but I think they track me haha

Or they block the IPTV at source. Obviously easier than going after punters

Anyway, they win. I've got sketchier ways.

Move to talktalk,they never block shit.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: July 15, 2022, 05:40:34 pm »
Move to talktalk,they never block shit.

That would be very drastic! I love my connection otherwise and I work on it

BUT. Well, this thread will understand: no tix yet, don't want to miss any games, and you get milked do it it legit

Thanks for the shout anyway. Will revise nearer the season

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: July 15, 2022, 05:49:31 pm »
That would be very drastic! I love my connection otherwise and I work on it

BUT. Well, this thread will understand: no tix yet, don't want to miss any games, and you get milked do it it legit

Thanks for the shout anyway. Will revise nearer the season

I know that a few of the subs I can get work fine on Virgin.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2137 on: July 15, 2022, 10:26:01 pm »
I know that a few of the subs I can get work fine on Virgin.

hmmm maybe I will try one

find out for sure if they're targeting me :D

big purple line through sky sports on the last one, lad who sent me the link had no problems - yeshhh

Online lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2138 on: July 16, 2022, 01:29:36 am »
Im going to start looking into this IPTV, i aint got a clue how it works,

Few years ago, i had a "dodgy box", it was a zgemma s or something, worked brilliantly for a few  month, we had the virgin line in the box and i had all the virgin and sly channels worked perfectly,  then we started to lose HD channels and then eventualy Standard channels stoped working to.

i loved the menu on it, it was basicly Sly menu, instant picture on any channel you chose, perfect 1080p quality.

my mate had a fireestick at the time, and i kept telling him to get ones of these boxes i had , as with his firestick it was laggy ,and the channels was streamed from an online source.

So now i have actual virgin box with sports package, which costs a ssmall fortune everymonth,

How good is this IPTV?  for some reason i always imagine the channels to look like a football stream we get now a days, with buffering etc

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: July 16, 2022, 01:32:06 am »
Rarely if ever get any buffering and the sticks have come a long way.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2140 on: July 16, 2022, 03:02:31 am »
IPTV with tivimate premium is by far the best if it’s a good IPTV sub. If I was offered sky with all packages for free instead of it I’d still opt to pay for IPTV.

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #2141 on: July 16, 2022, 05:49:01 pm »
Been with my IPTV supplier for 5 years, has his own app which can be downloaded onto a firestick and also has a web player.

Happy to pass on details if anyone needs

If you could pm me mate that would be cool, have been using 247hdtv for about 8 years with no issues but for some reason it won't let me signing to update subscription

Offline rothers

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2142 on: July 17, 2022, 09:37:41 am »
Anyone got any suggestions for a decent IPTV app on iOS

I always use IPTV Smarters and used to use GSE, however the catchup TV function won’t work with my provider who’s advised me to try a different app but there doesn’t seem to be a stand out one like Tivimate on my firestick

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2143 on: July 17, 2022, 12:38:14 pm »
One called purple player works on ios.

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2144 on: July 17, 2022, 04:24:54 pm »
Im going to start looking into this IPTV, i aint got a clue how it works,

Few years ago, i had a "dodgy box", it was a zgemma s or something, worked brilliantly for a few  month, we had the virgin line in the box and i had all the virgin and sly channels worked perfectly,  then we started to lose HD channels and then eventualy Standard channels stoped working to.

i loved the menu on it, it was basicly Sly menu, instant picture on any channel you chose, perfect 1080p quality.

my mate had a firestick at the time, and i kept telling him to get ones of these boxes i had , as with his firestick it was laggy ,and the channels was streamed from an online source.

That's because card sharing - which is what you were technically doing - uses Virgin's / Sky's infrastructure [ you were still getting the signal from the cable or dish, you were just tricking the box into thinking you had a valid subscription ]

How good is this IPTV?  for some reason i always imagine the channels to look like a football stream we get now a days, with buffering etc

I app I use to watch football streams doesn't buffer at all :)

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: July 18, 2022, 03:40:30 am »

The servers are in China and works great everywhere because they use CDN. Some buy reseller panel from them then charge you more. If you go to a Chinese e-commerce website you will find the same subscription for 16$ 6 months with a free test for 24 hours or 24$ a year. That's what I usually do I test 5 or 6 then choose one.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2146 on: July 20, 2022, 11:39:13 am »
The servers are in China and works great everywhere because they use CDN. Some buy reseller panel from them then charge you more. If you go to a Chinese e-commerce website you will find the same subscription for 16$ 6 months with a free test for 24 hours or 24$ a year. That's what I usually do I test 5 or 6 then choose one.
Are they usually quick to reply with test line info?

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: July 20, 2022, 04:43:24 pm »
Are they usually quick to reply with test line info?

Yeah if they are online they give you the 24H test immediately. I messaged five sellers on Alibaba and they all gave me free tests then tried them all and picked the one I like most.

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
« Reply #2148 on: July 27, 2022, 06:32:10 am »
My usual IPTV provider is experiencing major issues (again).  Anyone got a decent recommendation?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: July 27, 2022, 10:43:27 am »
My usual IPTV provider is experiencing major issues (again).  Anyone got a decent recommendation?

Are you with Revs? They've been down since yesterday, and the webpage is just saying "Down for Maintenance" with no other explanation. 

I tried the Forum which I usually access no problem and thats not coming up - saying it uses the wrong kind of coding
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Mr D J

• Kopite
« Reply #2150 on: July 27, 2022, 11:02:03 am »
Are you with Revs? They've been down since yesterday, and the webpage is just saying "Down for Maintenance" with no other explanation. 

I tried the Forum which I usually access no problem and thats not coming up - saying it uses the wrong kind of coding

Forum still working mate,they've got some issues explained below:

Proficient
Boss

Posted 21 hours ago
8:15am. The DC have yet to start the fix as the engineers are uk based time. I’ve no more info on when they will start so I’m guessing 9am uk time. Hope to have better news soon.

edit 11pm. DC have confirmed hard drive is completely broke so they are replacing it. really hope it won’t be much longer now.

We are still awaiting a fox which we can only apologise for. The friendly games are up and working and love island is in sports arena 18 and 19 for you.

unfortunately we have no update. The server won’t connect so issue has been sent to DC but as yet they haven’t got back to us other than to say “hold on”

edit - still having major issues no eta on it hopefully soon but can’t say for sure.

We are aware of live tv being down, we have a server acting up right now. Will update when we know more. Do not open a ticket regarding this, any tickets opened will be closed without reply.

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: July 27, 2022, 11:40:56 am »

I tried the Forum which I usually access no problem and that's not coming up - saying it uses the wrong kind of coding

Aye, I am.  Sure its only a blip but I'm always a bit jumpy with this kind of thing.  I was going to renew my sub today but I think I'll wait a few days.  Lots of stories of providers walking into the sunset or being rumbled.  Its a shame though, as they're generally excellent, and I like the way they are English language focused.  No point a provider offering you "30,000" channels if most of them are foreign language (unless you can speak them of course).  Also like their VOD options which have very little padding (no bargain basement films).

We'll see what happens.  The providers advertising on a certain Chinese e-commerce site are cheap as chips - I might look at ordering a backup provider regardless.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2152 on: July 27, 2022, 12:45:40 pm »
More than likely doing maintenance in preparation for the new season.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: July 27, 2022, 01:29:18 pm »
Revs has always been a great service. So was sp*rtsmania until they ran into problems. Once that happened they gave excuse after excuse and vague timelines of when things would be fixed without ever doing so.

Hopefully revs don't go the same way

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2154 on: July 27, 2022, 03:52:06 pm »
Both the providers I use have put up the cost of a 12 month sub by £15, a bit steep but it's a good service so don't mind paying it.  They said their suppliers prices are increasing along with website costs, security and hosting.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2155 on: July 27, 2022, 08:00:51 pm »
Revs back up and working earlier on today. Watching the match now. Forum and site back up too.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2156 on: July 27, 2022, 11:08:10 pm »
Both the providers I use have put up the cost of a 12 month sub by £15, a bit steep but it's a good service so don't mind paying it.  They said their suppliers prices are increasing along with website costs, security and hosting.

ask them if it's brexit :D

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2157 on: July 28, 2022, 11:08:41 am »
Link.

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2158 on: July 29, 2022, 06:39:48 am »

Actually, I would also like a DM'd link, if that's okay.  I've contacted a few suppliers on A**baba and there's loads of them seemingly offering the same 'Sh**k IPTV' trial.  If you've found a decent one, then it would be great if you could share it with us.  No need to post it openly on here.
~Aristotle

~Terry Pratchett

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2159 on: July 29, 2022, 03:30:45 pm »
Your subs from them might last the full year but I wouldn't bet on it,more than likely last less than 3.