Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 322327 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs
« Reply #2920 on: April 4, 2023, 10:04:00 pm »
What a job Unai Emery has been doing with them, credit when it's due. 4 wins and a draw in their last 5.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #2921 on: April 15, 2023, 10:33:34 pm »
We're doing OK atm.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2922 on: April 16, 2023, 02:51:32 am »
Howe or Arteta will win manager of the year, but Emery has done an exceptional job in a short timeframe

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2923 on: April 16, 2023, 04:33:13 am »
Howe or Arteta will win manager of the year, but Emery has done an exceptional job in a short timeframe

It doesn't bode well for Gerrard's managerial career when you see just how much more Emery is getting out of the same players.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2924 on: April 16, 2023, 04:58:36 am »
No shame in getting outshone by Emery at this stage of his career. Emery is an excellent, underrated manager. Wonder if Chelsea will poach him (and sack him 4 months later).

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2925 on: April 16, 2023, 07:35:41 am »
It doesn't bode well for Gerrard's managerial career when you see just how much more Emery is getting out of the same players.

Doesn’t really have any impact whatsoever. Look at the calibre of manager Emery is, it sums up modern day football he seems to have this dark cloud over his name because he didn’t revolutionise a terrible Arsenal side when in reality he has won multiple European trophies for multiple sides and is only even now at Villa because he was poached from another side he took into the latter stages of the champions league, not many managers out there can boast a better record in recent years. Gerrard needs time, he’s still new to management really and it’s only this modern day instant gratification era in football that paints a picture that a top level manager outperforming you doesn’t bode well for your long term career.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2926 on: April 16, 2023, 08:45:25 am »
Emery is a very good manager. I think given time, he would have got it right at Arsenal too.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2927 on: April 16, 2023, 09:05:31 am »

It was glaringly obvious that Ings and Watkins couldn't fit in the same side and were too similar. First thing Emery did was jib Ings and build the attack around Watkins which has worked. The team was unbalanced.

Didn't help that a couple of Gerrard's summer signings got injured - which then meant he had to bring back Mings after the whole captaincy furore disrupted his pre-season - and he blew a lot of their budget on Coutinho who he should have left as a loan signing, that was too much of a luxury. Gerrard did a reasonable job last season but looked clueless after Beale left. Emery has made an excellent impact, although strangely they lost at home to Stevenage in the FA Cup - they could have had a good go at that like Brighton this season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2928 on: April 16, 2023, 09:41:23 am »
We're doing OK atm.

Enjoy your win(s) fellah. :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2929 on: April 16, 2023, 10:12:31 am »
Emery is a very good manager. I think given time, he would have got it right at Arsenal too.

One of the best managers around. Fair play to whoever picks the managers at arsenal, Emery and Arteta post Wenger . Not David Moyes calibre shite.
Story was that we were going to appoint Arteta when Wenger left but Emery applied for the job so the board decided to interview him anyway, and was so impressed with his attention to detail and his vision that they changed their minds on giving Arteta the job. In the end alls well that ends well.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2930 on: April 16, 2023, 10:16:08 am »
One of the best managers around. Fair play to whoever picks the managers at arsenal, Emery and Arteta post Wenger . Not David Moyes calibre shite.
Story was that we were going to appoint Arteta when Wenger left but Emery applied for the job so the board decided to interview him anyway, and was so impressed with his attention to detail and his vision that they changed their minds on giving Arteta the job. In the end alls well that ends well.

I know you're in love with Arteta - but Emery is infinitely more likeable.

Arteta makes my teeth itch.

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2931 on: April 16, 2023, 10:25:09 am »
Tremendous decision from Villa. He’s as good as it gets in the tier below elite.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #2932 on: April 16, 2023, 10:35:44 am »
Can’t think of a better and more unexpected short-term managerial job than this.  It really shouldn’t be this much of a surprise given his record, but nobody can have seen this coming?  You get the occasional big turnaround from a side in relegation trouble, but that’s usually an underperforming good side reverting to mean, this is totally different.

Villa are going to be fascinating next season if they hold onto him.  I can imagine them hanging around in about third all season.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2933 on: April 16, 2023, 11:15:07 am »
Can’t think of a better and more unexpected short-term managerial job than this.  It really shouldn’t be this much of a surprise given his record, but nobody can have seen this coming?  You get the occasional big turnaround from a side in relegation trouble, but that’s usually an underperforming good side reverting to mean, this is totally different.

Villa are going to be fascinating next season if they hold onto him.  I can imagine them hanging around in about third all season.

He's done well but De Zerbi has made a great impact at Brighton as well this season, although they had made a solid start when he took over. Everyone would have expected them to fall away. Despite the money he's spent Howe has worked wonders at Newcastle as it's still a very average team on paper with a lot of players who were relegation fodder when he joined still in and around the team. When Howe joined them when they were at the bottom and finished the season one of the form teams.

I do think Villa under Emery are also taking advantage of what is a mess of a league this season. Most clubs have sacked their managers and even some that haven't have been miles off it (Liverpool, West Ham). So many clubs have been badly managed this season or just not performing, that it doesn't take much to be high up the league. Who'd have had Fulham and Brentford in the top half?

Emery didn't actually start that well either. They've just exploded into form recently.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2934 on: April 16, 2023, 11:19:26 am »
Must be a strange feeling for Emery to hear the home fans get behind his team.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: April 16, 2023, 11:45:01 am »
Must be a strange feeling for Emery to hear the home fans get behind his team.

;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2936 on: April 16, 2023, 12:44:59 pm »
Nice to see the love for Emery, seems a good sort.

Was watching last night, thinking I do t really mind Villa and then I saw the gurning face of Christian Purslow. Forgot that prick was there.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #2937 on: April 16, 2023, 04:35:21 pm »
Nice to see the love for Emery, seems a good sort.

Was watching last night, thinking I do t really mind Villa and then I saw the gurning face of Christian Purslow. Forgot that prick was there.

He does seem a good sort.

I always tell the wife he’s Ken Dodd’s love child whenever one of his teams are on.  ;D
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: April 16, 2023, 04:49:15 pm »

Gerrard should've done a much longer apprenticeship. Terrible option to join Villa, and stupid of Purslow to offer it to him.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2939 on: April 16, 2023, 05:19:22 pm »
Spectacular from Emery, fair play. Saw the Newcastle game and his Villa side outplayed them, were prepped to repeatedly exploit Newcastle's high line.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: April 16, 2023, 06:00:15 pm »
Doesn’t really have any impact whatsoever. Look at the calibre of manager Emery is, it sums up modern day football he seems to have this dark cloud over his name because he didn’t revolutionise a terrible Arsenal side when in reality he has won multiple European trophies for multiple sides and is only even now at Villa because he was poached from another side he took into the latter stages of the champions league, not many managers out there can boast a better record in recent years. Gerrard needs time, he’s still new to management really and it’s only this modern day instant gratification era in football that paints a picture that a top level manager outperforming you doesn’t bode well for your long term career.

The elephant in the room is the casual xenophobia that surrounded him and there was a toxicity amongst the Arsenal fan base that many would've struggled with.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2941 on: April 16, 2023, 06:37:53 pm »
Really? Howe isnt in top 5 for me ;D O'Neill keeping Bournemouth up is a better job.

Artera doesn't look likely to win that honour either.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2942 on: April 16, 2023, 06:45:48 pm »
Really? Howe isnt in top 5 for me ;D O'Neill keeping Bournemouth up is a better job.

Artera doesn't look likely to win that honour either.
made me wonder how many managers will have seen out this season in full and i think it's seven !

two manchester clubs, newc, us, brentford, fulham, west ham

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: April 16, 2023, 07:13:53 pm »
made me wonder how many managers will have seen out this season in full and i think it's seven !

Cooper at Forest although that's very doubtful, I think they'll roll the dice at some point as I don't see them winning any time soon.

Moyes has been on the brink a few times. After 10 minutes today it looked like he was on his way.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2944 on: April 16, 2023, 07:14:23 pm »

It has been very surprising. How two clubs size of Spurs and Chelsea not have permanent replacements already is piss poor management ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2945 on: September 3, 2023, 04:07:28 pm »
Thought they were supposed to be good now?  Mad tactics of playing a high line with no pressure on the ball.  We just shuffled it around at the back till Trent got hold of it and pinged one over the top.  Worked every time.

They were awful today.  Really insipid stuff.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #2946 on: September 3, 2023, 04:12:30 pm »
Massively built up as a threat in the pre-match thread. It's a standard Villa squad with a mid ranking manager. Absolutely none of our business until we play them at there place.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2947 on: September 3, 2023, 04:16:19 pm »
Yeah, news of their improvement was greatly exaggerated on that evidence. One of the easiest victories I can recall. Admittedly the early goal probably thwarted their game plan but they threw in the towel early on.

Chorus of God Save the King again is it? Yeah, never heard that one before.  ::)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2948 on: September 3, 2023, 04:16:49 pm »
Very Jekyll and Hyde so far. Poor against us and Newcastle; dominant against Burnley, Everton and Hibs. I'd also imagine at some point Emery is going to make the Conference League his priority.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2949 on: September 3, 2023, 04:19:55 pm »
They are a solid team, but not a threat to a title challenging LFC team.

They will still fight for the Europa League places ...

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2950 on: September 3, 2023, 04:21:14 pm »
I'm guessing Bailey will be off then :D

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #2951 on: September 3, 2023, 04:26:59 pm »
I think the injury to Mings is going to be much more important to them than they might realize.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2952 on: September 3, 2023, 04:29:03 pm »
Very Jekyll and Hyde so far. Poor against us and Newcastle; dominant against Burnley, Everton and Hibs. I'd also imagine at some point Emery is going to make the Conference League his priority.

You'll do well in this league if you can consistently beat the teams that you're better than on paper even if you don't do much against the ones that you aren't. Villa should be good for another top 8 finish if they can keep doing that.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: September 3, 2023, 04:31:03 pm »
Hope these wankers are enjoying their birthday hats and cake on the train home today....

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: September 3, 2023, 05:20:08 pm »
Gerrard should've done a much longer apprenticeship. Terrible option to join Villa, and stupid of Purslow to offer it to him.
Mad that some Reds were suggesting Gerrard as Klopps replacement when he leaves, at the moment Xabi is the heir apparent.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2955 on: September 3, 2023, 05:22:58 pm »
Mad that some Reds were suggesting Gerrard as Klopps replacement when he leaves, at the moment Xabi is the heir apparent.

He looked useful with our youth side and during his time in Scotland, if he could have continued his progression on a bigger stage then he would have potentially been in contention in a few more years when Klopp left, but obviously that didn't happen and he has now retired from professional football instead.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: September 3, 2023, 05:29:05 pm »
Gerrards career as a top manager died at Villa. I dont think I have ever seen a manager get shown up to the extent Emery has done to Gerrard.

Also that Pau Torres bloke had a shocking day at the office.

Offline ThoroughlyMediocre

• Main Stander
« Reply #2957 on: September 3, 2023, 05:32:21 pm »
Shocked at Villa's tactics today. High-ish line + no pressure on the ball, trying to play from back & making no attempt to play anything over the top. Very odd, think Emery's a good manager but he hasn't given them a chance today IMO.

Fine with it, mind  ;D

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: September 3, 2023, 05:35:49 pm »
Shocked at Villa's tactics today. High-ish line + no pressure on the ball, trying to play from back & making no attempt to play anything over the top. Very odd, think Emery's a good manager but he hasn't given them a chance today IMO.

Fine with it, mind  ;D

Always been veery hit and miss. His domestic record is nothing to write home about.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: September 3, 2023, 05:43:08 pm »

Fine with it, mind  ;D
Emery away record is bad. He ran those tactics the opening week of the season too it didnt work then either lol.