Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 322299 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs
« Reply #3000 on: December 6, 2023, 11:15:10 pm »
Theyll be very confident, and rightly so, winning there would be putting down a marker
Hopefully it's another Emery masterclass. You lot haven't done well away at top 6 sides?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3001 on: December 6, 2023, 11:16:37 pm »
That is some run

Ends this weekend though

No chance. They are playing Arsenal ...

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #3002 on: December 7, 2023, 02:01:03 am »
Can’t rule them out of the race.

Seeing comments like this after the decade we've just had is unreal.

I hoped but didn't really believe I would see the day we'd be talked about as potential title challengers.

I don't think we will win it obviously, but I think we might qualify for the CL. We might go top on points at some point but don't have the same experience as other sides so that should see them through. As long as 115 FC don't win it then I'll be OK with that. Villa should keep progressing and maybe challenge properly over the next few years.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3003 on: December 7, 2023, 02:05:37 am »
Seeing comments like this after the decade we've just had is unreal.

I hoped but didn't really believe I would see the day we'd be talked about as potential title challengers.

I don't think we will win it obviously, but I think we might qualify for the CL. We might go top on points at some point but don't have the same experience as other sides so that should see them through. As long as 115 FC don't win it then I'll be OK with that. Villa should keep progressing and maybe challenge properly over the next few years.
If we don't win it, I hope you do
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #3004 on: December 7, 2023, 04:33:53 am »
I hope by the time we play Villa at Villa Park they aren't in such hot form. Emery has made that place a real fortress. It will be a very difficult game.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3005 on: December 7, 2023, 05:38:50 am »
Either Emery is really good or Gerrard was really bad because it’s practically the same squad.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3006 on: December 7, 2023, 05:47:20 am »
On that performance they are in the title race.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3007 on: December 7, 2023, 07:28:59 am »

No chance. They're on an incredible, barely believable run at home but away from home they've been very average - losing to Forest and scraping a draw against Bournemouth in recent weeks.

They also do not have a squad that will be able to go deep into the season, especially given that they are also in Europe (and most of their bad results have come after midweek games).With Emery in charge you know that they'll be taking this seriously too.

I think they'll be a bit like Leicester in 19/20 and 20/21. Start of really strong but ultimately fall away.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3008 on: December 7, 2023, 08:29:14 am »
Either Emery is really good or Gerrard was really bad because it’s practically the same squad.
its a bit of both

lets not get carried away here

but a tremendous performance alright
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3009 on: December 7, 2023, 08:34:28 am »
The title race is going to come down to who best handles Europe and the league. For example, we've managed to keep our squad fresh by making a ton of changes in Europe because it's the UEFA Cup but come the knockout games there will almost certainly be less rotation. Less rotation increases the chance of injuries and fatigue.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3010 on: December 7, 2023, 08:36:24 am »
Fabulous manager who was hard done at Arsenal by a rabid weapon of a fanbase and the pinnacle of social media after game punditry.

I'm glad he's not at United or Chelsea right now.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3011 on: December 7, 2023, 08:42:20 am »
Watched the end of the game and Villa were excellent - pace, passing and pressing. Fair play.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #3012 on: December 7, 2023, 08:54:45 am »
Fabulous manager who was hard done at Arsenal by a rabid weapon of a fanbase and the pinnacle of social media after game punditry.

Agree with this.

What’s so impressive to me is that every player is showing improvement and their confidence is at an extremely high level. Not seen players express themselves so well with flicks and around the corner passes. They play out of defence with 3 or 4 quick passes with fast movement of the receivers.

Not sure about squad depth but the team that played last night will give any opponent big problems.
Hats off to Emery. 🎩
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3013 on: December 7, 2023, 09:09:18 am »

I wonder if the Mancs will have him in mind for when they give E7H the elbow?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #3014 on: December 7, 2023, 09:13:01 am »
I wonder if the Mancs will have him in mind for when they give E7H the elbow?
They would ruin him like all the rest. I hope he's smart enough to know he has a good thing going at Villa.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3015 on: December 7, 2023, 09:46:07 am »
Arsenal were all set to hire Arteta two years before we did. Emery applied for the job and they decided to give him the courtesy of an interview. They were so shocked by how detailed he was and how much he knew about players hes never managed, that they changed their mind at the last second.
It didnt work out at Arsenal but we had a rotten squad then. it also shows that since Wenger weve gone for a manager thats top of the league and the other in 4th doing an excellent job. Whoever is choosing managers at Arsenal is doing a wonderful job. Unlike the likes of united and chelsea.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3016 on: December 7, 2023, 09:53:26 am »
first manager after Wenger was always going to find it tough

excellent manager though
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3017 on: December 7, 2023, 10:27:26 am »
They were excellent in transition last night, played like a continental team, lots of short passing triangles and always seemed to have a man in space.  Really impressed with that second half performance.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3018 on: December 7, 2023, 10:35:54 am »
They were excellent in transition last night, played like a continental team, lots of short passing triangles and always seemed to have a man in space.  Really impressed with that second half performance.

First half was as good, battered city, in case anyone missed it due to your game. Leon Bailey was amazing.

Saliba and Rice on the weekend though, different gravy.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3019 on: December 7, 2023, 11:37:00 am »
Fair play to Emery I called it months ago but Villa are a dangerous under the radar team. Don’t think they have enough for a title challenge in the crunch though.

But they’ve maintained top 4 form since he took over so they should be aiming for top 4/5. We’ll see how they deal with late season as teams start to sit back against them.

Offline Four Four Three

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3020 on: December 7, 2023, 11:39:38 am »
They're not in the title race. They dont have the depth or enough quality for that. If theyre within 5 points come April then fair play, but theres a lot of football to be played

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3021 on: December 7, 2023, 12:31:57 pm »

I am glad he is not at Arsenal. With him in charge, they would have been genuine title challengers ...

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3022 on: December 7, 2023, 12:53:38 pm »
I hope he's smart enough to know he has a good thing going at Villa.

Surely going nowhere until he claims a Europa League title for them.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3023 on: December 7, 2023, 12:56:39 pm »
They were good but significantly aided by City being pissed poor all game. Have not seen City that bad since they were spanked by Everton. That was during Guardiola's first season

Respect Villa and what Emery has done but pundits and fans (Villa's) do easily get too excited. Winning the league or even getting Top 4 in this league requires a herculean effort. More than half a season to go, plenty of football still to be played. You need to time your run perfectly or otherwise you may fade away as quick as you had risen
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3024 on: December 7, 2023, 01:30:25 pm »

It's away that is the problem for them - last game before City they drew away to Bournemouth. Lost against Forest, lost badly to both us and Newcastle

I think they're a good shout for top 4 and I really hope they get it, but a challenge is too high a mountain right now

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3025 on: December 7, 2023, 01:32:33 pm »
I am REALLY glad Emery isn't at Newcastle as he was once favorite to join before Howe. They would have been a real REAL problem with him at the helm, more than they are even now

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3026 on: December 7, 2023, 01:44:43 pm »
Every club that comes Newcastle and a CL place and can beat City and Arsenal but not us, is welcome,
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Four Four Three

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3027 on: December 7, 2023, 01:54:35 pm »
It's away that is the problem for them - last game before City they drew away to Bournemouth. Lost against Forest, lost badly to both us and Newcastle

I think they're a good shout for top 4 and I really hope they get it, but a challenge is too high a mountain right now

Emery 's sides bar PSG , have all had notoriously awful away records

When he was at Arsenal, ironically up to this exact time of year, they went on a 14 match unbeaten run, winning 10 out of tjose (annoyingly we dropped points against them away in that run) before they wavered off

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3028 on: December 7, 2023, 02:04:47 pm »
People worrying now about the 37th game of the season is.....odd.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3029 on: December 7, 2023, 02:05:00 pm »
Its not really fair though, as a vampire he can just hypnotize people and of course they are going to run hard. Pretty sure it must contravene the Occupational Health and Safety rules though. Plus, a lot of them think they are a chicken and if that turns out to be permanent there are going to be some questions asked.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3030 on: December 7, 2023, 02:32:00 pm »
Its not really fair though, as a vampire he can just hypnotize people and of course they are going to run hard. Pretty sure it must contravene the Occupational Health and Safety rules though. Plus, a lot of them think they are a chicken and if that turns out to be permanent there are going to be some questions asked.
He's added a bit of bite to their play
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline tunred

• Main Stander
  • ici c'est liverpool
« Reply #3031 on: December 7, 2023, 02:34:57 pm »

Emery is an elite manager, Gerrard was learning on the job

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3032 on: December 7, 2023, 02:40:52 pm »
Emery 's sides bar PSG , have all had notoriously awful away records

When he was at Arsenal, ironically up to this exact time of year, they went on a 14 match unbeaten run, winning 10 out of tjose (annoyingly we dropped points against them away in that run) before they wavered off

I think I'm right in saying that when we played our Europe League final against him, Sevilla hadn't won an away game all season domestically. I remember it because of how remarkable it seemed at the time.

Edit: just looked it up -

Away from home P19, W0, D9, L10 (19th in the League)

At home P19, W14, D1, L4 (3rd in the League)

« Last Edit: December 7, 2023, 02:42:43 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3033 on: December 7, 2023, 02:51:13 pm »
They're third in the table for this calendar year, just behind Arsenal and just ahead of us.  They're a very good team, even if there's an imbalance between their home and away form.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/jahrestabelle/wettbewerb/GB1
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Four Four Three

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3034 on: December 7, 2023, 02:52:42 pm »
Yeah they have a good start, but its a pattern for Emery. In any case, title challenge shouts are ott

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3035 on: December 7, 2023, 02:58:19 pm »
I think it's fair to say they are in the title race, but nobody expects them to stay there.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Four Four Three

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3036 on: December 7, 2023, 03:01:36 pm »
I think it's fair to say they are in the title race, but nobody expects them to stay there.

Then Spurs were in the title race few weeks ago as well then?

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3037 on: December 7, 2023, 03:02:42 pm »
Then Spurs were in the title race few weeks ago as well then?
Of course they were; how else could they have won it? With so many games to spare, too!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3038 on: December 7, 2023, 03:50:59 pm »
They're in the title race as much as Fernando Alonso was in the F1 title race for the first 6 or 7 races of the season.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3039 on: December 7, 2023, 03:57:26 pm »
Got to give them credit - far fetched to say title contenders which posters have summarized well but deserve their position at the moment.

As for yesterdays game, I don't recall anyone running City ragged except us in some of our games over the past few years.

I watched replay after our game yesterday (kind of fast forward, finishing game in 50 mins) and only noted Villa attacks. Looking up the sstats now for the game, they out shot 22-2 and 6-0 corners. They basically Citied City.