Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 324154 times)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs
« Reply #2720 on: August 20, 2022, 06:51:35 pm »
Not going well for Stevie. Can't imagine there are too many still clamouring for him to take over from Jurgen when he leaves.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2721 on: August 20, 2022, 06:57:45 pm »
One step forward and two steps back. Strange ride for Stevie so far
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2722 on: August 20, 2022, 07:00:52 pm »
One step forward and two steps back. Strange ride for Stevie so far

He and Villa came together cos opposites attract.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2723 on: August 20, 2022, 07:10:31 pm »
Not good at all unfortunately, it’s an expensive squad he’s got and he’s not doing great stuff with it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: August 20, 2022, 07:16:30 pm »
He wont have much goodwill with the fans either.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2725 on: August 20, 2022, 07:16:57 pm »

Terrible, even by your standards  ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: August 20, 2022, 07:17:07 pm »
He wont have much goodwill with the fans either.

Bet they don't even throw him a party.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2727 on: August 20, 2022, 07:18:59 pm »

Shame on you for even getting the reference.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2728 on: August 20, 2022, 07:23:24 pm »
I think he's done there. Only saw them last week but they were shocking against Ev despite the result. Looked badly coached.

Not really down to Gerrard as much but it's a poorly assembled side as well. Purslow special.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: August 20, 2022, 07:40:15 pm »
That ain't fiction, it's a natural fact.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2730 on: August 20, 2022, 07:42:07 pm »
I think he's done there. Only saw them last week but they were shocking against Ev despite the result. Looked badly coached.

Not really down to Gerrard as much but it's a poorly assembled side as well. Purslow special.

Oh it will very much will be down to gerrard and his staff.

That’s a squad that should be challening European spots and that is what their owners expect I would presume.

There is a good group there to work with in Countino, Ramsey, Martinez, Luiz, Cash, Watkins, Buendia, McGinn, Konsa, Ings.

They did have bad luck though losing Carlos to to a bad injury first week of the season.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: August 20, 2022, 07:57:55 pm »
Oh it will very much will be down to gerrard and his staff.

That’s a squad that should be challening European spots and that is what their owners expect I would presume.

There is a good group there to work with in Countino, Ramsey, Martinez, Luiz, Cash, Watkins, Buendia, McGinn, Konsa, Ings.

They did have bad luck though losing Carlos to to a bad injury first week of the season.

It's still mostly Smith's team though. He's doing a poor job though to be honest. Blew the budget on Coutinho rather than sort them out defensively.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2732 on: August 20, 2022, 08:03:43 pm »
That ain't no fiction...

Edit: Damn you Don Gingo
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2733 on: August 20, 2022, 08:08:47 pm »
It's still mostly Smith's team though. He's doing a poor job though to be honest. Blew the budget on Coutinho rather than sort them out defensively.

Hardly any manager will ever get the time it would take to build a whole new squad, and they’ve added some very good players in the last 2/3 years anyway, it isn’t a bunch of scrubs. So I don’t see that as being any sort of excuse not that I think Gerrard would use it!

There’s enough there for him to be building something, certainly a team who should compete for those lower Euro spots. We’ll see if the big bosses at Villa they think he can do it and give him that time this season.  For sure needs a quick turn around you’d think though.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2734 on: August 20, 2022, 08:11:46 pm »
Hardly any manager will ever get the time it would take to build a whole new squad, and they’ve added some very good players in the last 2/3 years anyway, it isn’t a bunch of scrubs.
And Gerrard's no superman
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2735 on: August 20, 2022, 08:21:15 pm »
And Gerrard's no superman

And he can't do anything?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2736 on: August 20, 2022, 08:23:04 pm »
Stevie did very well in Scotland and took a job in a much bigger pond. He started well enough at Villa last season, but then they sort of fizzled out. My expectation was that he would shape them in the summer and they would come out firing. So far it’s not working out like that.

Average for the side he has would be 10-12th. Threatening the lower Europa places would be overachieving. Getting dragged lower than say, 14th, would probably see him replaced. It’s still early days this season, but Villa need to kick on.

And at that point, what’s the sign that they will? Is there a clear pattern of play? Do the players look like they like him, and will work hard for him? On both those counts I’m not sure.

Everyone is an individual, but let’s compare to Graham Potter at Brighton. A much smaller club than Villa. But the recruitment looks spot on, and so does the coaching. The players look like they will fight with everything they have got for Potter.

For lower-mid managers, Potter looks to me like he will deserve a shot at a bigger job soon.

Stevie does not. At least yet.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2737 on: August 20, 2022, 08:37:44 pm »

:o
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: August 20, 2022, 08:41:51 pm »
:o

I clearly meant that most of the players there aren't his signings.

I don't think he's up to the job though at this point.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2739 on: August 20, 2022, 10:25:03 pm »
As with our young players, managers develop at different speeds. It might need this sort of thing as a bit of a wake up call, because he did a tremendous job at Rangers but obviously that’s a big fish in a sink. It’s an odd job really, they always seem to spend a lot of money and quite often seem to buy highly rated players (Buendia, Bailey, Coutinho, Luiz etc) but constantly under achieve. And that’s not just a Stevie problem.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #2740 on: August 21, 2022, 06:50:47 am »
A new "big data" article on the Athletic about the recruitment age profiles of PL clubs over a 10 year sample.
Liverpool has the clearly lowest average age of incoming players at 23y4m, and only 4 players over 30.
League average is just around 25. Lower midtable clubs are typically a bit over the average at 25 and change.

Relevance to this thread? Under Gerrard, Villa's average age of signed players has increased by 3 full years,
up to 28y7m, which is 2 years higher than any PL club over the 10 years.
This is the biggest jump of any manager in the comparison. Small sample, yeah, but he has made 9 signings.
I see this as another worrying sign for Stevie's prospects of ever taking over at Liverpool.
A new manager looking to stabilize a team and guarantee safety has to look for veterans, you might say.
Under Patrick Vieira, Palace average age of incomings has dropped by more than 3 years to 22y9m.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: August 21, 2022, 07:34:03 am »
A new "big data" article on the Athletic about the recruitment age profiles of PL clubs over a 10 year sample.
Liverpool has the clearly lowest average age of incoming players at 23y4m, and only 4 players over 30.
League average is just around 25. Lower midtable clubs are typically a bit over the average at 25 and change.

Relevance to this thread? Under Gerrard, Villa's average age of signed players has increased by 3 full years,
up to 28y7m, which is 2 years higher than any PL club over the 10 years.
This is the biggest jump of any manager in the comparison. Small sample, yeah, but he has made 9 signings.
I see this as another worrying sign for Stevie's prospects of ever taking over at Liverpool.
A new manager looking to stabilize a team and guarantee safety has to look for veterans, you might say.
Under Patrick Vieira, Palace average age of incomings has dropped by more than 3 years to 22y9m.

This was referenced in a season preview I read. The conclusion was Gerrard didn't plan to stick around long so just bought experienced players.

Purslow is ultimately in charge of recruitment which will never go well. A sensible club will target more younger players.

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2742 on: August 21, 2022, 08:16:48 am »
It’s a terrible injury.  Look at what it did for John Barnes.

It’s going to be a problem for a centre back, as I’d imagine you use your Achilles quite a bit for explosive jumping…

Hate to see serious injuries to players to be honest

Mark Lawrenson was the first Achilles injury I really remember hearing about. I recall the shock when he announced his retirement saying he no longer felt he had his pace, and so wasn’t able to compete..
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2743 on: August 21, 2022, 08:26:59 am »
Mark Lawrenson was the first Achilles injury I really remember hearing about. I recall the shock when he announced his retirement saying he no longer felt he had his pace, and so wasn’t able to compete..

Surely modern medicine means players can get over these injuries now

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: August 21, 2022, 08:27:09 am »
The Carlos injury a big blow for Gerrard because he was relying on him to shore up the defence and stripped Mings of the captaincy because he wanted to ultimately phase him out the team (because he's shite).  Now he has to rely on Mings to start but he's took the captaincy off him.

A big problem for Gerrard is he seems to have lost the fans there, who he's never really built a rapport with. Compare with Lampard who has the Evertonians eating out of his top hat.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2745 on: August 21, 2022, 08:29:36 am »
The team selection yesterday was bizzare. I was there at Selhurst Park and could not tell, in all honesty, whether Palace were better, or Villa were worse. Maybe Palace were better and more solid, woth theever impressive Eze.
There are certainly good players in the team, but I did not understand why Ings did not start. And can both Buendia and Coutinho start together? Watkins is clearly a championship level player, in my opinion, despite his goal yesterday. Cash and Ramsey are good.

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2746 on: August 21, 2022, 08:35:53 am »

Like all injuries they take their toll. Some more than others. Barnes was unbelievable prior to his injury. Was never quite the same again. Lawro obviously felt he wasn’t able to compete at the highest level. Knee injuries used to the main cause of career ending injuries, thankfully modern medical science means players can now expect to come back. But, look at Ox, he looked like realising the potential you saw in him and then he messed his knee up. Never the same player despite medical assurances he was fit. Maybe it’s a mental issue nagging away at the player, worrying if it will recur?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2747 on: August 21, 2022, 08:38:58 am »
Shame on you for even getting the reference.

I've still got that Paula Abdul CD somewhere  ;D

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: August 21, 2022, 08:44:41 am »

It ruined Benteke too.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2749 on: August 21, 2022, 09:38:38 am »
I don't think he'll last past this season. If he even lasts the season.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2750 on: August 21, 2022, 10:31:31 am »
The team selection yesterday was bizzare. I was there at Selhurst Park and could not tell, in all honesty, whether Palace were better, or Villa were worse. Maybe Palace were better and more solid, woth theever impressive Eze.
There are certainly good players in the team, but I did not understand why Ings did not start. And can both Buendia and Coutinho start together? Watkins is clearly a championship level player, in my opinion, despite his goal yesterday. Cash and Ramsey are good.

Coutinho and Buendia can't really play in the same side, Ings and Watkins the same. A lot of older signings for big money (Ings/Coutinho/Digne). It's a really poorly assembled squad for what they've spent. Similar to Everton, really.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #2751 on: August 21, 2022, 11:40:20 am »
Another defeat and Stevie G is going to start counting his days at Villa. 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2752 on: August 21, 2022, 11:46:03 am »
I think it’s already unravelled to the point of no return. I’d be surprised if Stevie is still there by the World Cup.

It was always a strange move and while he might get turn it around, the early signs aren’t promising. Coutinho was always an unnecessary buy. You can say he raises the level of that squad but he’s a shadow of his best self and not likely to ever return to that level consistently. Too often he’s peripheral in games. Contrast that with Buendia, who is a consistent sub under Gerrard but typically Villa’s best attacker and most productive player whenever he is on the pitch. Couple that with a slavish insistence that Watkins always starts and pure bad luck with the injury record of some decent-sounding signings such as Bailey and Carlos and it doesn’t look great for Stevie.

I think what stands out to me is that they don’t look coached or like there’s any adaptability beyond the established game plan. Back to the drawing board I think because a lot needs to change. Love Stevie but this was always a strange union that I never felt suited him to begin with.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2753 on: August 21, 2022, 11:50:14 am »
If he gets them relegated I'd say he has done a fantastic job
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: August 21, 2022, 11:54:28 am »
If he gets them relegated I'd say he has done a fantastic job

;D

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2755 on: August 21, 2022, 12:00:41 pm »
I think it’s already unravelled to the point of no return. I’d be surprised if Stevie is still there by the World Cup.

It was always a strange move and while he might get turn it around, the early signs aren’t promising. Coutinho was always an unnecessary buy. You can say he raises the level of that squad but he’s a shadow of his best self and not likely to ever return to that level consistently. Too often he’s peripheral in games. Contrast that with Buendia, who is a consistent sub under Gerrard but typically Villa’s best attacker and most productive player whenever he is on the pitch. Couple that with a slavish insistence that Watkins always starts and pure bad luck with the injury record of some decent-sounding signings such as Bailey and Carlos and it doesn’t look great for Stevie.

I think what stands out to me is that they don’t look coached or like there’s any adaptability beyond the established game plan. Back to the drawing board I think because a lot needs to change. Love Stevie but this was always a strange union that I never felt suited him to begin with.

It was well known that Mick Beale did the tactical work at Rangers and Villa and he fucked off to QPR in the summer, the writing was on the wall then because they were a management team. Without him they've looked a mess tactically from what i've seen of them this season.  I don't think Gerrard or Lampard have much tactical acumen themselves.

The Coutinho signing will likely be his undoing. A total luxury buy for a luxury player that's passed his best. All well and good signing him on loan as a bit of a vanity purchase but not on a long term deal when you've already got Buendia. Needed to sort the defence and attack out and the main defender who came in is now crocked.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: August 21, 2022, 12:08:45 pm »
It was well known that Mick Beale did the tactical work at Rangers and Villa and he fucked off to QPR in the summer, the writing was on the wall then because they were a management team. Without him they've looked a mess tactically from what i've seen of them this season.  I don't think Gerrard or Lampard have much tactical acumen themselves.

The Coutinho signing will likely be his undoing. A total luxury buy for a luxury player that's passed his best. All well and good signing him on loan as a bit of a vanity purchase but not on a long term deal when you've already got Buendia. Needed to sort the defence and attack out and the main defender who came in is now crocked.

The sheer number of people that wanted us to bring him back was pretty funny too.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2757 on: August 21, 2022, 12:44:12 pm »
West Ham at home next game, followed by Arsenal away and City at home

1 point or less from them 3 fixtures and he’s first gone in my opinion, considering their form from end of last season

Southampton, Leeds and forest after that so would be timely for a new manager bounce

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2758 on: August 21, 2022, 01:30:00 pm »
Coutinho and Buendia can't really play in the same side, Ings and Watkins the same. A lot of older signings for big money (Ings/Coutinho/Digne). It's a really poorly assembled squad for what they've spent. Similar to Everton, really.

I actually think Matt Targett is an alright left back, better than Digne. Didn't really understand that transfer.

Coutinho is stinking the gaff out, Buendia definitely been the better player this calender year.

Jacob Ramsey looks a player, I'd have him here. He will join a top four club within two years.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2759 on: August 21, 2022, 03:41:41 pm »
Purslow is ultimately in charge of recruitment which will never go well. A sensible club will target more younger players.
A sensible club would get rid of cock piss Purslow