Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 324165 times)

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs
« Reply #2760 on: August 21, 2022, 07:17:55 pm »
West Ham at home next game, followed by Arsenal away and City at home

1 point or less from them 3 fixtures and he’s first gone in my opinion, considering their form from end of last season

Southampton, Leeds and forest after that so would be timely for a new manager bounce
You missed out their game against Leicester on 10th September.  Both their fanbases think their club is bigger than it is, both definitely think their club is bigger than the other and both seem to be getting impatient with their managers.  I think 11th September will be when we see the first managerial casualty and it will come from one of the clubs involved in that game.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2761 on: August 21, 2022, 07:25:20 pm »
Not going well for Stevie. Can't imagine there are too many still clamouring for him to take over from Jurgen when he leaves.

Good. No place for sentimental nonsense.

We would need a proven genius to take over from Klopp. And that's not going to come from the class of Gerrard/Lampard/Rooney etc.

As far as ex players go Viera is way more impressive.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2762 on: August 23, 2022, 08:14:36 pm »
Oh dear.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2763 on: August 23, 2022, 08:50:48 pm »
Struggling away to Bolton.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2764 on: August 23, 2022, 09:08:21 pm »
Ings took an awful touch, was offside, then threw himself for a pen before scoring it. Not his finest moment.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2765 on: August 23, 2022, 09:09:50 pm »
Struggling away to Bolton.

Tough place to be fair. Didn't we have a famous victory there once?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2766 on: August 23, 2022, 09:11:10 pm »
Bolton's keeper has had a stinker haha.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2767 on: August 23, 2022, 09:11:38 pm »
What on earth was the keeper up to there.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #2768 on: August 28, 2022, 04:01:33 pm »
Can't see Gerrard lasting much longer at Villa. Whats next for him? Going abroad maybe?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2769 on: August 28, 2022, 04:02:22 pm »
Have Villa's famously loyal and patient fans turned against him yet?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2770 on: August 28, 2022, 04:09:35 pm »
Gerrard barely hanging on at this rate. He has gotten nothing out of these lads.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #2771 on: August 28, 2022, 04:30:50 pm »

They turned against him last season already, the vitriol some of them have for him is crazy, then again I wouldn't expect anything less from them lot, they love a good rendition of always the victims whenever we play them.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2772 on: August 28, 2022, 04:31:59 pm »
Arsenal and City next, could see him been first managerial sacking of season.

Probably stepped up too soon.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2773 on: August 28, 2022, 04:37:44 pm »
David Moyes is a football genius.

Sorry Stevie, my loathing of villa trumps all.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #2774 on: August 28, 2022, 06:36:58 pm »
Yeah. Gerrards days are numbered

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #2775 on: August 28, 2022, 06:40:09 pm »

"I actually hate him."

Is a direct quote from their forum. That, and they call us "Liverplop" like they're six, which made me smile.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2776 on: August 28, 2022, 06:47:28 pm »
In the end, a tough job with that club and crowd.  He hasn't been great, but the expectations were always difficult, even with the spending.  PL spending is so high and top heavy that Villa can spend a lot and still not be very good.  Let's face it.  If Stevie turned things around, and they got 9th, would people be that impressed?  But on the flip, how much can he really achieve there?

It's a tough business for young British coaches in the PL because there aren't enough borderline CL/EL teams around with reasonable expectations to manage and build.  The Top 6 (and even outside of it) usually want the biggest names, so you end up with teams like West Ham, Villa, Leicester, and the like being the best options.  You get the occasional European run, but that's not always enough to convince.

The step up is just massive.  Graham Potter is a great coach, but the question marks are around if he can handle big egos, constantly losing players to international breaks, and mid-week European games.  It just doesn't allow for the amount of "coaching time" he can get at Brighton.  Klopp's always mentioned the lack of opportunities to work on things given fixture congestion, and that's a part of the challenge of a non-European coach going to a team that demands European football.  Rodgers hasn't exactly been able to handle that either, despite outperforming with Leicester for years.

German coaches are in vogue, but that's also due to their league being very competitive beyond Bayern.  Both Klopp and Tuchel coached Mainz in Europe (although I think Klopp's was the Fair Play entry) for a bit.  Both were able to manage multiple competitions at Dortmund.  They were no strangers to the Champions League when they left Bundesliga.  Julian Nagelsmann finished 4th with Hoffenheim, lost to us in the CL qualifiers and had a poor EL campaign, but then qualified for CL again before coaching in the CL at Leipzig.  It didn't work out for Marco Rose after coaching in the CL with Gladbach as his Dortmund tenure was no good, but it shows a variety of young coaches getting CL experience.  You're hardly going to get this at West Ham, Villa, and the like.

Stevie's European experience with Rangers is a plus, but he'd been better off going to a Bayer Leverkusen type team (good young talent with CL qualification ability) than a Villa, but as we know, it's hard for English/British managers to go abroad with the language issues as well.

The best you can hope for is the Lampard route (Chelsea sacked so many managers he ended up high on their list) or the Rodgers route (given an opportunity by Liverpool perhaps earlier than typical and then continuing to build a managerial CV), but even then it's hard.  Maybe the Arteta route if there's a good number 2 that could get a chance (but even then that was a stretch by Arsenal).

Clubs like Dortmund, Leverkusen, Leipzig, Gladbach, etc can't go and hire Conte or Ancelotti or whatever.  But when clubs like Everton are hiring Ancelotti, Spurs hiring Mourinho and Conte, Villa fans demanding Poch, etc, top clubs are rarely going to take a chance on a Steve Cooper (awesome player development), Graham Potter, or the like.  Stevie has the reputation and strong track record at the start of his managerial career which could give him more opportunities, but big-spending Villa probably wasn't the right choice.  But then again, what PL team would've been?
King Kenny.

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #2777 on: August 28, 2022, 07:44:31 pm »
Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward....

If he does get sacked then I hope he takes some time off but looks to cut his managerial teeth in England still.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2778 on: August 28, 2022, 08:31:23 pm »
Managers rarely resign these days, but these players just don't seem interested in playing for Gerrard so it might be best for his managerial stock if he cut his losses. Probably best for him if he drops down a league or two.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2779 on: August 28, 2022, 08:32:24 pm »
Managers rarely resign these days, but these players just don't seem interested in playing for Gerrard so it might be best for his managerial stock if he cut his losses. Probably best for him if he drops down a league or two.
Fuck resignation, let them sack him and he'll walk away with his contract paid up.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2780 on: August 28, 2022, 08:35:55 pm »
Fuck resignation, let them sack him and he'll walk away with his contract paid up.

I'm sure these days you walk away with a payoff regardless. I mean yeah, nice to squeeze some money out of a shit club like Villa, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when a manager knows his number is up but just hangs around waiting for the chop and a team is essentially left rudderless.

That said, given Villa's next two games maybe Gerrard is waiting to get them out of the way as well. Will probably be a "parted by mutual consent" thing.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2781 on: August 28, 2022, 08:41:40 pm »
I'm sure these days you walk away with a payoff regardless. I mean yeah, nice to squeeze some money out of a shit club like Villa, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when a manager knows his number is up but just hangs around waiting for the chop and a team is essentially left rudderless.

That said, given Villa's next two games maybe Gerrard is waiting to get them out of the way as well. Will probably be a "parted by mutual consent" thing.
Don't agree, if a club is willing to hand out big contracts to players and managers to tempt them away from their previous teams, then be big enough to honour them whichever way things go.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #2782 on: August 28, 2022, 09:25:31 pm »
They turned against him last season already, the vitriol some of them have for him is crazy, then again I wouldn't expect anything less from them lot, they love a good rendition of always the victims whenever we play them.

They have been poor but it is only 4 games in. They haven't given him a fair go, you can't give a manager just 20-30 games.

It looks as if they're fans of Aston Villa...

We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2783 on: August 28, 2022, 10:01:44 pm »
Not going to lie, I'm pretty glad he's failed at Villa as it'll stop the calls for him to take over from Jurgen (for now at least).

I think if he wants to be taken seriously after this failure (and it's a massive failure, separate the player from the job he's doing at the moment) he could do with getting out of his comfort zone, go abroad and try to learn the game out of the spotlight. None of this big fish in a small pond stuff again like at Rangers, go to a proper league, a middling club with no real expectations at the top or fear of going down, and just learn what he wants from his teams. Could do without taking a large crew of yes men like he's done so far as well.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2784 on: August 28, 2022, 10:15:53 pm »
If they do get rid of him, who do they realistically go for?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2785 on: August 28, 2022, 10:20:40 pm »
Stevie should go abroad. Some where like the Dutch league or middle of the table La Liga/Seria A side.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #2786 on: August 28, 2022, 10:24:58 pm »
Stevie should go abroad. Some where like the Dutch league or middle of the table La Liga/Seria A side.

Schtevie G
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2787 on: August 28, 2022, 10:26:02 pm »
Good. No place for sentimental nonsense.

We would need a proven genius to take over from Klopp. And that's not going to come from the class of Gerrard/Lampard/Rooney etc.

As far as ex players go Viera is way more impressive.

Agree with all that. The weird, forced inevitability that was around for a few years that Gerrard was 'destined' to manage us always bothered me. I mean, if he's good enough and he could win with us, then that would obviously be brilliant. But it was all based on sentiment, and the guy should be nowhere near taking over from Klopp unless he's proven himself. I wish him good luck, but I don't think he has what it takes for our level.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2788 on: August 28, 2022, 10:34:19 pm »
If they do get rid of him, who do they realistically go for?

Their fans want Rodgers or Pochettino.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2789 on: August 28, 2022, 10:51:33 pm »
Strange situation where quite a few Villa fans want Rodgers in as Gerrard's replacement, despite Leicester fans being equally vehement that Rodgers should be sacked pronto due to Leicester also underperforming...

Not sure what Villa's expectations should be this season though. At first glance they look like they have a top 10 squad in terms of individual players, but the squad building has not been the most coherent. Ings and Watkins don't seem like a natural partnership, they have Buendia and Coutinho who play roughly the same role, and Bailey hasn't really lived up to the hype. Then they got unlucky with their big CB signing being crocked so they're back to Mings.

Does seem like Gerrard is on borrowed time now, and will be interesting to see where he lands next. Lampard has managed to get two Prem jobs off the back of just his name, so you'd think Gerrard, who has actually won silverware as a manager, would have another shot too. Maybe somewhere like West Ham if Moyes doesn't get a tune out of the ~£150m of players they've bought this summer? 

In any case, I'm still bitter about Villa's capitulation on the final day of last season, so it's a bit tougher to root for Gerrard to turn things around to be honest...

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #2790 on: August 29, 2022, 01:02:59 am »
Their fans want Rodgers or Pochettino.
Rodgers seems at their level but surely they know what they would be in for with him based on his time at Leicester where its 18-24 months of it being good before it all go pear-shaped and the fans want him out.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2791 on: August 29, 2022, 03:59:23 am »
Such low ambitions from the fans. Surely they should be calling for one of the better younger managers from around Europe rather than one of the usual faces?

Mind you there was a Leicester fan on the radio on Saturday calling for Rodgers to be replaced by Nigel Pearson or faiing that, Tony Pulis or Fat Sam.

Are some fans just blinkered? Or think? Or what?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #2792 on: August 29, 2022, 06:21:49 am »
Such low ambitions from the fans. Surely they should be calling for one of the better younger managers from around Europe rather than one of the usual faces?

Mind you there was a Leicester fan on the radio on Saturday calling for Rodgers to be replaced by Nigel Pearson or faiing that, Tony Pulis or Fat Sam.

Are some fans just blinkered? Or think? Or what?
It's England the fans have been trained to think that the only managers capable are the likes of Fat Sam, The Owl, Pulis, Pardew, Pearson etc.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2793 on: August 29, 2022, 06:57:08 am »
If I was a Villa fan I'd be screaming for Graham Potter.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2794 on: August 29, 2022, 07:45:32 am »
Strange situation where quite a few Villa fans want Rodgers in as Gerrard's replacement, despite Leicester fans being equally vehement that Rodgers should be sacked pronto due to Leicester also underperforming...

Not sure what Villa's expectations should be this season though. At first glance they look like they have a top 10 squad in terms of individual players, but the squad building has not been the most coherent. Ings and Watkins don't seem like a natural partnership, they have Buendia and Coutinho who play roughly the same role, and Bailey hasn't really lived up to the hype. Then they got unlucky with their big CB signing being crocked so they're back to Mings.

Does seem like Gerrard is on borrowed time now, and will be interesting to see where he lands next. Lampard has managed to get two Prem jobs off the back of just his name, so you'd think Gerrard, who has actually won silverware as a manager, would have another shot too. Maybe somewhere like West Ham if Moyes doesn't get a tune out of the ~£150m of players they've bought this summer? 

In any case, I'm still bitter about Villa's capitulation on the final day of last season, so it's a bit tougher to root for Gerrard to turn things around to be honest...

Gerrard looks out of his depth. Particularly since his assistant went (Beale was the tactician).

Rodgers does well enough for a couple of years (spectacular collapses in form notwithstanding) until it falls apart once he's got a team in his own image. Would be an immediate improvement but it's short termism..  Purslow and Rodgers together would be a disaster as well. They seem as badly run as Everton and waste as much money.

They should go all out for Potter or Poch if they could get one of them.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2795 on: August 29, 2022, 08:14:12 am »
Despite the arrogance of their fanbase, I can’t imagine Potter or Pochettino would touch them with a barge pole. Poch will be looking for a high level European job, such as Juve when Allegri doesn’t do all they want. Potter is a clever guy and will know he’s far better served at Brighton (who seem closer to his ideal than ever) whilst waiting for a job like Liverpool or Arsenal to open up in a few years.

Villa is a shit club I’m afraid. Historic but trash nowadays. One of the most arrogant fanbases in the country despite having won fuck all this century. Or have they won one league cup in that time?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2796 on: August 29, 2022, 08:16:38 am »
Or have they won one league cup in that time?

Ummm they stopped Gerrard winning the FA Cup.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2797 on: August 29, 2022, 08:18:44 am »
Despite the arrogance of their fanbase, I can’t imagine Potter or Pochettino would touch them with a barge pole. Poch will be looking for a high level European job, such as Juve when Allegri doesn’t do all they want. Potter is a clever guy and will know he’s far better served at Brighton (who seem closer to his ideal than ever) whilst waiting for a job like Liverpool or Arsenal to open up in a few years.

Villa is a shit club I’m afraid. Historic but trash nowadays. One of the most arrogant fanbases in the country despite having won fuck all this century. Or have they won one league cup in that time?

They're similar to Everton (I.e. a mess and a similar sized club who piss away their money). Everton managed to attract Ancelotti though. Possibly one of them would be stupid enough to go there. They'll end up.with Rodgers.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2798 on: August 29, 2022, 08:22:03 am »
They're similar to Everton (I.e. a mess and a similar sized club who piss away their money). Everton managed to attract Ancelotti though. Possibly one of them would be stupid enough to go there. They'll end up.with Rodgers.
Rodgers I can see because he’s always going to be looking at the next stepping stone job that can give him a shot at Chelsea or Man Utd etc. He’s blown it at Leicester, whatever early magic he captured has exceeded him, as we saw before our very eyes.

Ancelotti was past it and unwanted at the top European level and paid inordinately to work for Everton, I don’t think it’s comparable. As soon as there was the strange chance to return back to Real, away he went. Lightning won’t strike twice with that sort of appointment.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2799 on: August 29, 2022, 08:36:04 am »
Is Coutinho a cursed player or just a bad luck charm?  Pitched up at Inter just after they won the treble and things were going downhill there, spent 6 seasons at Liverpool and didn't win a trophy and within 4 years of him leaving we'd won everything and reached 3 CL finals. Went to Barca who at the time were still considered the best in Europe along with Real and perhaps Bayern. Barca completely collapsed as a club although at least won the league there, his first season will always be remembered for the Anfield collapse where his old club went on to win the Cl. Went to Bayern where he did well enough and actually won the treble, but all 3 trophies were won and lifted at empty stadiums and Bayern sent him back at the end of the season. Goes to Villa to play for Gerrard who looks like being sacked within a month of him signing.

Spending big money on Coutinho at 30 is the kind of decision that'll cost Gerrard his job though.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 08:39:03 am by Fromola »