Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 324152 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs
« Reply #2800 on: August 29, 2022, 08:41:19 am »
Villa is a shit club I’m afraid. Historic but trash nowadays. One of the most arrogant fanbases in the country despite having won fuck all this century. Or have they won one league cup in that time?

I like the cut of your jib.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2801 on: August 29, 2022, 08:41:29 am »
My respect for Gerrard would improve 500% if he could get Villa Relegated and they never came back
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2802 on: August 29, 2022, 09:02:50 am »
This is a job that Gerrard really needs to learn from, if he doesn't come out of this a more rounded manager, then there's no hope for him.  It's a job where he's lost his assistant, never really got the fans on his side, and has made very insular moves in the transfer market.

Hope he sees it through and is successful, but it feels like the writing is on the wall, and his next job is going to need him to take more risks.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2803 on: August 29, 2022, 09:11:34 am »
I think they should sack Gerrard and get one of their own legends in, with connection to the fans, I’d go for Gobshite Gabby Agbonlahor.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2804 on: August 29, 2022, 09:19:14 am »
I think they should sack Gerrard and get one of their own legends in, with connection to the fans, I’d go for Gobshite Gabby Agbonlahor.

Lee Hendrie.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: August 29, 2022, 09:25:52 am »
This is a job that Gerrard really needs to learn from, if he doesn't come out of this a more rounded manager, then there's no hope for him.  It's a job where he's lost his assistant, never really got the fans on his side, and has made very insular moves in the transfer market.

Hope he sees it through and is successful, but it feels like the writing is on the wall, and his next job is going to need him to take more risks.

At least it'll stop all talk of him being next Liverpool manager which might do him a favour. When he took the Villa job Klopp only had two more seasons left, so it was almost like he was trying to run before he could walk there (targeting older players as well). Never seemed like he was trying to build anything beyond a quick fix and not building a rapport with the fans hasn't helped. That can buy you time. He did that well at Rangers which helped him survive two trophyless seasons.

He'll need to drop down to the EFL and try and build something there. A bit like Cooper has done at Swansea and then Forest.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2806 on: August 29, 2022, 09:28:20 am »
In fairness to Gerrard he has never said that he will be the one to take over from Klopp. Always said he has a lot to prove and not at that level.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2807 on: August 29, 2022, 09:37:43 am »
In fairness to Gerrard he has never said that he will be the one to take over from Klopp. Always said he has a lot to prove and not at that level.

Of course he won't say that. Personally though I think that's why he took the Villa job because he wouldn't have got the Liverpool job off the back of a few years in Scotland alone and he needed to prove himself in the PL first. A couple of good seasons with Villa, for their standards, and would then have been in the running for 2024 when Klopp was deemed likely to leave at the end of his deal.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2808 on: August 29, 2022, 10:55:54 am »
Still cannot believe he signed Coutinho after the first six months. He should have known that phil is finished based on that trial run. Got no one to blame bit himself for that.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2809 on: August 29, 2022, 10:56:47 am »

Villa is a shit club I’m afraid. Historic but trash nowadays. One of the most arrogant fanbases in the country despite having won fuck all this century. Or have they won one league cup in that time?

and not building a rapport with the fans hasn't helped. That can buy you time. He did that well at Rangers which helped him survive two trophyless seasons.

How does anyone build rapport with that lot. Apart from taking party photos on a bus and hating Birmingham city (and loving peaky blinders I guess)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2810 on: August 29, 2022, 12:12:38 pm »
Still cannot believe he signed Coutinho after the first six months. He should have known that phil is finished based on that trial run. Got no one to blame bit himself for that.

so did almost everyone - except for a wildly larger than expected portion of our fanbase.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2811 on: August 29, 2022, 12:19:48 pm »
I struggle to see Stevie wanting to become a Steve Bruce or Sam Allardyce and just jump from job to job in pursuit of nothingness. I believe he'll be back at BT Sport if he's out and having that safe gig as a TV pundit.

Stevie ain't one to hang around unless he feels he can aim for the very top. Far too competitive for just participating. As a player he won almost everything and became the most famous Liverpool player of all time. That's the standard he's aiming for.
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2812 on: August 29, 2022, 01:26:01 pm »
:D

He’s not going to retire from management at 42.

If he doesn’t turn it round I dare say he might take a bit of time. He does need to be a bit smarter with his next choice but on paper Villa looked a decent one to take
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2813 on: August 29, 2022, 02:49:35 pm »
The bottom line is that Gerrard might just not have what it takes to be a top manager. There's no shame in that and he might still make a go of it but I can see him jacking it if it doesn't work out. He wouldn;t be the first LIverpool legend to be a second-rate manager. All the people who kept on about him being a future LIverpool manager just because he was a great player for us did him no favours.

I think he made a big mistake leaving Rangers when he did. He could have developed a winning mentality and would have been playing European football.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2814 on: August 29, 2022, 04:52:43 pm »
I tend to think that Stevie would be greatly benefitted from going abroad if he would lose the Villa gig and he wants to immediately continue. In the Netherlands or Belgium everyone knows English and he can get going comfortably. Slightly higher level than Rangers but at the same time not as daunting as the Premier League mid-table dogfight. Him being monolingual limits his chances in many places but there's room in some places and I think he should jump at it.
Linudden.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: August 29, 2022, 05:19:29 pm »
The bottom line is that Gerrard might just not have what it takes to be a top manager. There's no shame in that and he might still make a go of it but I can see him jacking it if it doesn't work out. He wouldn;t be the first LIverpool legend to be a second-rate manager. All the people who kept on about him being a future LIverpool manager just because he was a great player for us did him no favours.

I think he made a big mistake leaving Rangers when he did. He could have developed a winning mentality and would have been playing European football.

I think he took the Villa job as a shortcut to being the next Liverpool manager and it seems to have backfired. He should have stuck it out with Rangers and he could be facing us in the CL next month.

For the modern generation of players who earnt the mega bucks as a player, they haven't really got the necessity or drive to stick it out long term in management. Take Zidane. Hugely successful in management, could walk into most jobs, but unless he's managing Real Madrid (which for anybody is a fairly short term job) he doesn't seem that arsed. I could be wrong but I think with Gerrard he just wants to be Liverpool manager and if his career does nosedive a bit like Neville's did, he'll stick to the easy life of punditry like Carra. His next job needs to work out for him because i'm sure he will have another crack at it.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: August 29, 2022, 11:24:09 pm »
I personally think he might have been better off staying at Rangers for another season or two, purely for the European football aspect. They are in the Champions League this season which would have been a brilliant chance for a young manager like Gerrard to gain vital experience at that level with low expectations. I’m sure they would have qualified under Gerrard at some point as he had a good record in Europe.

If he can turn things around at Villa then fair play, but it is looking like he might be out the door. There’s no shame in failing and I get why he took the job, but I do think it was maybe too soon in his managerial career.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2817 on: August 29, 2022, 11:52:35 pm »
I'll never have anything other than contempt for any team supported by that violin menace Nigel Kennedy.

Having said that I do agree with his political views.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:54:28 pm by Flaccido Dongingo »

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: August 30, 2022, 12:03:05 am »
They’ll be the first team to beat City on Saturday and probably then Arsenal if Utd don’t do it after all this talk of his demise.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2819 on: August 30, 2022, 12:49:00 am »
"violin menace"

Class

Also, do not forget Prince William, Tom Hanks, Ozzy Osbourne, Simon Le Bon, Floella Benjamin and David Cameron (who forgot he supported them though)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2820 on: August 30, 2022, 01:50:46 am »

Class

Also, do not forget Prince William, Tom Hanks, Ozzy Osbourne, Simon Le Bon, Floella Benjamin and David Cameron (who forgot he supported them though)
I like Ozzy Osborne, seems a geniune fella to be honest, the rest of those Tories and Toffs can fuck off though.

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2821 on: August 30, 2022, 08:01:19 am »
So Rangers are in the Champions League despite, rather than because of, Van Bronckhorst? And they would’ve been in the Europa League final if Stevie had still been there?

This isn’t by any means an anti-Stevie post, but I don’t think we can state with certainty that he’d be managing against us in the CL if he’d stayed
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: August 30, 2022, 08:06:28 am »

Class

I like Ozzy Osborne, seems a geniune fella to be honest, the rest of those Tories and Toffs can fuck off though.

Gianluca Pagliuca supports them as well. Although I quite like him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2823 on: August 30, 2022, 09:44:46 am »
Of course he won't say that. Personally though I think that's why he took the Villa job because he wouldn't have got the Liverpool job off the back of a few years in Scotland alone and he needed to prove himself in the PL first. A couple of good seasons with Villa, for their standards, and would then have been in the running for 2024 when Klopp was deemed likely to leave at the end of his deal.

I think this is about right. When he was coaching the U-18's here he rejected a job at MK Dons which seemed like quite a smart move, but then he quickly went to Rangers which at the time felt like he thought the Dons job was just too small-time for him. Villa was potentially a good job to go to given they were at a low ebb and had the money to turn it around a bit, but he just doesn't appear to be a good manager.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2824 on: August 30, 2022, 10:06:06 am »
I'll never have anything other than contempt for any team supported by that violin menace Nigel Kennedy.

Having said that I do agree with his political views.

I just checked his Wiki.

He’s 65! I thought he was still about 28.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2825 on: August 30, 2022, 10:08:13 am »

Class

Cameron made the perfectly understandable mistake of confusing them with West Ham or was it Burnley?

Anyway he supported a team that played in claret and blue.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #2826 on: August 30, 2022, 10:10:04 am »
Hang on, hang on.  I’m confused.  Is Tom Hanks a Tory or a Toff?

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2827 on: August 30, 2022, 10:12:37 am »
Cameron made the perfectly understandable mistake of confusing them with West Ham or was it Burnley?

Anyway he supported a team that played in claret and blue.

Scunthorpe?

As a bonus there's a hidden word that describes Cameron as well so would be the perfect team for him ;D

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2828 on: August 30, 2022, 10:29:19 am »
I didn't mind Flo Benjamin. Obvs if she's a villa fan, that's a whole new kettle of fish.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2829 on: August 30, 2022, 11:25:11 am »
I didn't mind Flo Benjamin. Obvs if she's a villa fan, that's a whole new kettle of fish.

To be fair she probably made a fish out of a kettle as well

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2830 on: August 30, 2022, 04:06:39 pm »
Scunthorpe?

As a bonus there's a hidden word that describes Cameron as well so would be the perfect team for him ;D
Never thought of Cameron as Thor, but I'll take your word for it. He certainly hammered the poor so there's that...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2831 on: August 30, 2022, 04:11:16 pm »
So Rangers are in the Champions League despite, rather than because of, Van Bronckhorst? And they would’ve been in the Europa League final if Stevie had still been there?

This isn’t by any means an anti-Stevie post, but I don’t think we can state with certainty that he’d be managing against us in the CL if he’d stayed

I think they were winning the league but not reaching the EL final if he stayed. Either way, the Scottish champions automatically qualified for the group stage this year so I think he'd been in. Their league form vanished completely once Stevie was out.
Linudden.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2832 on: August 30, 2022, 04:35:10 pm »
I can't say I've watched any of Villa this season aside from part of this past game against West Ham. In looking at the numbers though what made Villa good last year, defense, seems to have completely deserted them. Maybe losing Diego Carlos completely upset their plans really early? I'd also say this part of the schedule would not lend into that as they would have had the ball quite a bit, they're currently 4th in the league in terms of possession in comparison to 14th last year. They may actually look better against ManC and Arsenal where they won't have the ball. Though that Bournemouth result is pretty terrible regardless.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2833 on: August 30, 2022, 04:50:41 pm »
Never thought of Cameron as Thor, but I'll take your word for it. He certainly hammered the poor so there's that...

;D

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2834 on: August 30, 2022, 05:02:01 pm »
I just checked his Wiki.

He’s 65! I thought he was still about 28.

That's getting closer to his mental age, probably needs another 15 years off still though
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2835 on: September 1, 2022, 11:06:07 am »
One thing going their way is this corner thing they seem to be trying. That's 2 goals direct and they have been shown to be training it too.

Shame the one who takes them is on his way out!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2836 on: September 1, 2022, 11:15:18 am »
That keeper really is an absolute gobshite. The Argentine Pickford. Constantly giving it big and then fucking up on goals (both of them last night)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2837 on: September 1, 2022, 11:16:40 am »

It still feels mad he took over such a big club as his first real job.

He doesn't feel like a manager to me either, can't see him outside of a player.  May take a few more years for that to sink in.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2838 on: September 1, 2022, 11:16:48 am »
That keeper really is an absolute gobshite. The Argentine Pickford. Constantly giving it big and then fucking up on goals (both of them last night)

Yeah he was absolutely shite for those goals last night and does seem to be a prick. Still pissed off with him for bailing on the City match last season aswell.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2839 on: September 1, 2022, 07:50:27 pm »
They've got to judge him on his qualities as a coach / manager, maybe he won't be good enough, but ultimately, Stevie G for me is immortal, eternally rampaging around those pitches, doing it all, nothing close to him ever since, nor will there be:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d_9xpUdar2g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d_9xpUdar2g</a>

Early on there were comparisons for Trent with him, it's laughable, if Gerrard was made a permanent right back he would've been the best right back on the planet for his entire career, nothing, no player would've gotten past him until his legs went late in his career, Trent doesn't have that in his locker.

There's nothing like a prime Gerrard, probably nothing in the history of the game, Matthaus doesn't match him.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2022, 07:53:51 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »