Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 322300 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs
« Reply #3040 on: December 7, 2023, 04:02:03 pm »
Got to give them credit - far fetched to say title contenders which posters have summarized well but deserve their position at the moment.

As for yesterdays game, I don't recall anyone running City ragged except us in some of our games over the past few years.

I watched replay after our game yesterday (kind of fast forward, finishing game in 50 mins) and only noted Villa attacks. Looking up the sstats now for the game, they out shot 22-2 and 6-0 corners. They basically Citied City.
Haaland had a good chance in the 11th minute or so, saved well and the eventual rebound (after a cross I think) was also saved

they were the only shots all night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3041 on: December 7, 2023, 04:11:32 pm »
Then Spurs were in the title race few weeks ago as well then?
Absolutely they were!

And on game week 1 I think even united were in the title race.
I'm very much of the mindset that you are in the race, until you are out.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #3042 on: December 7, 2023, 04:21:39 pm »
They are incredible. I would love to have Ollie Watkins at United, he's been solid for them for years and is adding great assist numbers to his game under Emery. Mad to think how far they've come from where they were under Gerrard. I've never seen a Pep team beaten like that.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Four Four Three

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3043 on: December 7, 2023, 04:26:04 pm »
They are incredible. I would love to have Ollie Watkins at United, he's been solid for them for years and is adding great assist numbers to his game under Emery. Mad to think how far they've come from where they were under Gerrard. I've never seen a Pep team beaten like that.

We've done it a few times

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: December 7, 2023, 04:32:33 pm »
They are incredible. I would love to have Ollie Watkins at United, he's been solid for them for years and is adding great assist numbers to his game under Emery.

You'd only go and break him.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3045 on: December 7, 2023, 04:37:52 pm »
We've done it a few times

He meant he'd never seen a team do that that he could admit to. :D

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3046 on: December 10, 2023, 05:54:17 am »
I think Villa will lose to both City and Arsenal i've just not been impressed with Villa this season when they have faced the top sides in the league.
Got that well wrong can't remember the last time a team had two impressive victories like that in a week, I don't know if they are title contenders but they have a massive opportunity to make the top four as the teams behind them are either too banged up or simply not good enough.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: December 10, 2023, 06:16:01 am »
Got that well wrong can't remember the last time a team had two impressive victories like that in a week, I don't know if they are title contenders but they have a massive opportunity to make the top four as the teams behind them are either too banged up or simply not good enough.

Title contenders is extremely fanciful but top 4 isn’t. None of Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd or Newcastle are looking very clever.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3048 on: December 10, 2023, 07:38:43 am »
They are in a good moment now but it will be interesting to see how they cope with the league and Europe deep into the season. I see Villa (Emery) and Leverkusen as big obstacles for UEFA. 

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #3049 on: December 10, 2023, 08:29:03 am »
They are in a good moment now but it will be interesting to see how they cope with the league and Europe deep into the season. I see Villa (Emery) and Leverkusen as big obstacles for UEFA.

They’re in Conference League though, so no obstacle for us  ;)

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3050 on: December 10, 2023, 11:42:55 am »
They’re in Conference League though, so no obstacle for us  ;)

Ha!
That's a relief. Emery is awesome in Europe.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3051 on: December 10, 2023, 11:52:17 am »
Picking up Kamara on a free transfer was brilliant business, very good player.

Monchi and Emery and sizeable financial backing, they’re in for a good few years you’d imagine. Wouldn’t put it past them winning conference league and maybe Europa over next 2-3 years.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3052 on: December 10, 2023, 12:06:58 pm »
I’d much rather Villa and Emery in the top 4 than spurs, Utd, Chelsea or the Saudis.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3053 on: December 10, 2023, 12:27:12 pm »
I'm quite pleased we don't play them again soon because their four narrow midfielders against our frequently vacant central midfield - or the lone CDM begging for support - seems like it would end badly for us.  I can't remember, did they set up the same way when we breezed past them at A field?

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3054 on: December 10, 2023, 01:11:56 pm »
I'm quite pleased we don't play them again soon because their four narrow midfielders against our frequently vacant central midfield - or the lone CDM begging for support - seems like it would end badly for us.  I can't remember, did they set up the same way when we breezed past them at A field?

The home game against Villa is arguably our easiest game so far this season. I do agree that I'm glad the away game is months off.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3055 on: December 10, 2023, 01:23:15 pm »
There was something really strange about that Villa game I thought. I expected what might have been one of our toughest matches of the season and they were complete rubbish. Like they didn't want to be there for the most part. We played well though and the early goal helped.

Interesting to see what they can do though. Got to be favourites for the Conference League as every English team playing in it should be. If there's 5 places going to the Champions League they can definitely get it, home form should do a lot of the heavy lifting. Emery/Monchi is a very interesting set up. If they can take something at City and Arsenal then happy days.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: December 11, 2023, 07:52:08 am »
I remember them sitting very deep against us, and also being very passive in defence. It was the complete opposite of how Emery has approached games against us before where he pushed his team way up the field and went very aggressive early on. I suppose when he's tried that it's usually ended badly for him as we were able to easily counter with our speed on transitions.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #3057 on: December 11, 2023, 09:13:22 am »
I remember them sitting very deep against us, and also being very passive in defence. It was the complete opposite of how Emery has approached games against us before where he pushed his team way up the field and went very aggressive early on. I suppose when he's tried that it's usually ended badly for him as we were able to easily counter with our speed on transitions.

Well, that's how you beat us, isn't it? Sit deep, defend well, hit on the break, hope we key-stone-Cops it. Give us any sort of space and we'll generally have a field day.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: December 11, 2023, 10:00:26 am »

They didn't sit deep. It was mental. Didn't sit and defend as teams tend to do and then they didn't press us at all either. Was this half arsed set up where we were able to just play around them and over them at will. The Nunez goal being a perfect example of how simple it was

Their home form will get them top 6, their away form will stop any chance of finishing top 3. Emery has done a wonderful job so far though

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3059 on: December 11, 2023, 10:02:08 am »
The home game against Villa is arguably our easiest game so far this season. I do agree that I'm glad the away game is months off.

It is our last away game. We need them to be playing for nothing by then, either guaranteed CL or well out of it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3060 on: December 11, 2023, 10:04:21 am »
It's so far away and so much could happen in the meantime.  I'm not sure that this form they're currently in will appear again this season and I expect they'll start to fall away a bit over the busy Christmas period.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: December 11, 2023, 10:07:26 am »
It is our last away game. We need them to be playing for nothing by then, either guaranteed CL or well out of it.

We play them on the 11th/12th May.

The Europa League and Conference League semi final second legs will be on May 9th. You'd fancy us both to be playing in that, but it should be something that favours us, especially if they are out of the running for anything else.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: December 11, 2023, 10:49:58 pm »
They need about 37-40 points from 22 games to finish top 4 imo, equates to about 11/12 wins out of 22, I think they’ll be ok.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #3063 on: December 18, 2023, 12:29:58 am »
I am really enjoying this.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #3064 on: December 18, 2023, 03:00:33 am »
I’ve been more impressed with them than Brighton of last year I think. Would love them being back in the CL instead of Saudi.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3065 on: December 18, 2023, 07:23:55 am »
best team to watch in the league nobody plays a better brand of football than Villa at the moment.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3066 on: December 18, 2023, 09:52:45 am »
I havent seen it but seemingly there was a big reaction to Ollie Watkins celebration

I mean some prick in the stand is probably abusing him and his family all game, calling him every name under the sun but yeah Watkins is wrong for celebrating a goal

Good for him I say
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #3067 on: December 18, 2023, 10:48:22 am »
Same, there was nothing to it either.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #3068 on: December 18, 2023, 10:56:03 am »
best team to watch in the league nobody plays a better brand of football than Villa at the moment.

Makes my day reading stuff like this honestly.

And yes the Watkins thing was because someone behind the Brentford goal was giving him abuse all game, Watkins doesn't usually respond like that so I did think someone might have upset him. He ran into the goal and pointed at the fan and that was it really.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: December 18, 2023, 11:01:37 am »
Would rather these lot won it if we didn't.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #3070 on: December 18, 2023, 11:25:04 am »
Would rather these lot won it if we didn't.

Do you genuinely think we can?

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #3071 on: December 18, 2023, 11:32:34 am »

I think squad depth might be an issue

if you can do a leicester and play the same 11 week in and week out then definitely in with a shout
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: December 18, 2023, 11:45:09 am »
I'd be very surprised if you get through the season without injuries which will hinder yourselves. You are heavily reliant on Watkins in particular staying fit.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #3073 on: December 18, 2023, 11:59:54 am »
I'd be very surprised if you get through the season without injuries which will hinder yourselves. You are heavily reliant on Watkins in particular staying fit.

McGinn too. Absolutely vital to Villa’s midfield.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #3074 on: December 18, 2023, 02:30:44 pm »

It's a weird season with City already dropping so many points.

Crazier things have happened and I think you're a better side than the Leicester team that won it with a more tactically astute coach.
JFT97

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3075 on: December 18, 2023, 03:01:17 pm »

In with as much of a shout as Us, Arsenal and City.

Emery has done a cracking job. Solid team with goals. As others have said, injuries could undo you. Your bench is a bit short on quality in comparison to us and Arsenal.

City will put a proper run together at some point, they just will and then it's about teams matching them.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3076 on: December 18, 2023, 03:02:49 pm »
I think squad depth might be an issue

if you can do a leicester and play the same 11 week in and week out then definitely in with a shout

They should go far in Europe too though so surely won’t be able to play their strongest 11/14 players each week. Although they seem to have done a decent job so far.

Could well be top at Christmas if we draw with Arsenal! Is Kamara banned for three games? Saw the first one is t’Blades but does he miss any bigger ones?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3077 on: December 18, 2023, 03:21:52 pm »
They should go far in Europe too though so surely won’t be able to play their strongest 11/14 players each week. Although they seem to have done a decent job so far.

Could well be top at Christmas if we draw with Arsenal! Is Kamara banned for three games? Saw the first one is t’Blades but does he miss any bigger ones?

Does Old Trafford on Boxing Day count?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3078 on: December 18, 2023, 03:23:51 pm »
Does Old Trafford on Boxing Day count?

Not that we can talk now, but probably not. Crikey, come on Yahnahted!

Offline YNWA.A

• Main Stander
« Reply #3079 on: December 18, 2023, 04:25:33 pm »
In with as much of a shout as Us, Arsenal and City.

Emery has done a cracking job. Solid team with goals. As others have said, injuries could undo you. Your bench is a bit short on quality in comparison to us and Arsenal.

City will put a proper run together at some point, they just will and then it's about teams matching them.

They are having a good start to the season but they need a miracle for this to happen. They dont have enough quality in depth or experience to do so. Other sides in recent years have had great starts and not challenged (Leicester u der Rodgers)

City are still the favorites. They will get De Bruyne and Holland back next month. Arsenal Id slightly give an edge over us due to their midfield balance (if Rice stays fit) but they will need more from Martinelli and Jesus in the final third.

If we can get our forwards to click more, especially while Mo is away, we will match them.