Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 324157 times)

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: ASTON VILLA - Knobends
« Reply #2640 on: May 31, 2022, 12:51:21 pm »
Looks like Michael Beale is off to manage QPR which will be a blow for Gerrard and Villa.

Interested to see how Beale gets on, he was very highly regarded when he was coaching our academy sides and I read a couple of articles that were glowing about the work he did at Rangers when he followed Gerrard up there.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2641 on: May 31, 2022, 03:54:35 pm »
Rumour is Xabi Alonso is coming in as Stevie's second assistant.  ;D

He's left his Real Sociedad role.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2642 on: May 31, 2022, 04:24:36 pm »

Source?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2643 on: May 31, 2022, 04:41:39 pm »

Are they getting the band back together. Is Masch coming in on drums ? (obviously Xabi was the bass guitar and Stevie was the lead - shouldn`t really need to be said)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2644 on: May 31, 2022, 04:43:46 pm »
He's creating a 2005-2015 LFC Dream Team.

Aly Cissokho incoming
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2645 on: May 31, 2022, 04:48:00 pm »
May aswell get Suarez on a one year deal, get Sturridge back from Australia and make a bid for Sterling.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2646 on: May 31, 2022, 04:53:02 pm »
Needs to get Didi in to keep him off the telly.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2647 on: June 2, 2022, 05:11:11 pm »
Another of our former academy coaches, Neil Critchley, has given up the manager's job at Blackpool to become Gerrard's new assistant at Villa.

Bit of a surprising move, he seemed really popular at Blackpool after getting them them promoted to the Championship and I think he signed a long-term contract extension there quite recently.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2648 on: June 2, 2022, 05:15:41 pm »
Another of our former academy coaches, Neil Critchley, has given up the manager's job at Blackpool to become Gerrard's new assistant at Villa.

Bit of a surprising move, he seemed really popular at Blackpool after getting them them promoted to the Championship and I think he signed a long-term contract extension there quite recently.

Maybe he was told no money available etc? but yeah seems a really odd move

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2649 on: June 2, 2022, 07:07:39 pm »
Strange one from Critchley IMO. For me if he was to move I'd think a team higher up in the table, bit more money to spend, would be the best move he could make if he wanted to advance his career. Depends on if there is any job opening up though. Blackpool is the only proper first team he's managed so he might not even want to be the top man all the time.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: June 2, 2022, 07:35:38 pm »
AV must be paying far more than Blackpool did.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2651 on: June 2, 2022, 07:48:30 pm »

If Gerrard is sacked next season, he could get the villa manager job. If Gerrard improves drastically next season, he’ll get a lot of credit.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: June 3, 2022, 12:43:10 am »
If Gerrard is sacked next season, he could get the villa manager job. If Gerrard improves drastically next season, he’ll get a lot of credit.

Bollocks reason.

He won’t get the Villa job no matter what happens to Gerrard.

I can’t understand why he left Blackpool for Villa myself.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2653 on: June 3, 2022, 03:56:49 am »
Bollocks reason.

Maybe he's realised he's not that bothered about being a manager and would rather work with a better level of footballer, with the added bonus of probably being paid more

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2654 on: June 3, 2022, 03:58:26 am »
Plus Blackpool's a shithole
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2655 on: June 8, 2022, 10:31:45 pm »
I hate villa.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2656 on: June 8, 2022, 10:59:27 pm »
Fuck them for crumbling so pathetically against the sportswashers.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2657 on: June 9, 2022, 12:47:15 am »
Bollocks reason.

£££££££££
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2658 on: June 9, 2022, 06:18:59 pm »
Another former coach of ours(another great one) as their assistant manager they’re going to Liverpool their way into some success.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #2659 on: June 9, 2022, 06:54:26 pm »
Are they getting the band back together. Is Masch coming in on drums ? (obviously Xabi was the bass guitar and Stevie was the lead - shouldn`t really need to be said)

Biscan on keyboards and Djimi Traore on the xylophone obviously. Make it happen  ;D
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: July 27, 2022, 05:26:12 pm »
Stevie's stripped Mings of the captaincy. McGinn their new captain, Emi Martinez is vice captain and Ashley Young is club captain. He must fucking hate Mings  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2661 on: July 27, 2022, 05:40:34 pm »
Stevie's stripped Mings of the captaincy. McGinn their new captain, Emi Martinez is vice captain and Ashley Young is club captain. He must fucking hate Mings  ;D

When Carlos is up to speed and Konsa back at full pelt I doubt Mings even plays.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2662 on: July 27, 2022, 06:10:41 pm »

Mings is terrible.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: July 27, 2022, 06:22:13 pm »

Good on Stevie, Mings is a Championship calibre defender. Certainly not good enough for Villa's ambitions.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #2664 on: July 27, 2022, 07:17:47 pm »
Good on Stevie, Mings is a Championship calibre defender. Certainly not good enough for Villa's ambitions.
I agree with that, but it still feels like he has not quite maintained the growth curve he looked like he was on at Rangers to my limited understanding of these things.  He seemed to go from great at the start to quite good for the rest of the season. I don't doubt he has strong ideas and a fantastic lead by previous example kind of advantage over a lot of his contemporaries, certainly leaving Lampard for dust, but he needs to be about 6th to 8th I suspect this season to look like there's progress, given how rich their owners are. Or is that still too much of a sows ear of a squad?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:20:02 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2665 on: July 27, 2022, 07:39:00 pm »
I agree with that, but it still feels like he has not quite maintained the growth curve he looked like he was on at Rangers to my limited understanding of these things.  He seemed to go from great at the start to quite good for the rest of the season. I don't doubt he has strong ideas and a fantastic lead by previous example kind of advantage over a lot of his contemporaries, certainly leaving Lampard for dust, but he needs to be about 6th to 8th I suspect this season to look like there's progress, given how rich their owners are. Or is that still too much of a sows ear of a squad?

I think he'll be under some pressure to perform this season with how much Villa have spent since he's arrived and right before he arrived and how bad their form was for much of the season. After 12 points from Stevie's first 6 league games, they only managed 23 points from their last 21 league games. Think the bare minimum will be a top half finish, or he's going to be on the hot seat.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:44:17 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: July 28, 2022, 02:36:22 am »
Big call to make from any manager but the right one i'd say. I know it's only preseason but seeing Mings in person you notice just how much of a unit he is but also how clumsy he is.  A few times he would look up to yell something to someone as the ball was coming to him only to look back down and the ball had already rolled passed him by a couple metres.  I know it's only a little thing but it seemed so amateur to me.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2667 on: July 28, 2022, 06:53:46 am »
Top players you'd expect would be following the ball with peripheral vision, until the point that need to make a touch. Much later than any of us could leave it. Clearly he's not a top player.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2668 on: July 28, 2022, 09:43:42 am »
The Diego Carlos signing pretty much confirmed Mings would be out the team for me. Not too many additions, but they did a lot last season in terms of bringing players in, so their team is still a good one, with some younger players growing too. Top half should be the target, but they will be outwardly saying Europe.

Will be interesting to see how much they change their style and adapt to Gerrards plans. Michael Beale being replaced with Critchley is an interesting one.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2669 on: July 28, 2022, 10:15:24 am »
Big call to make from any manager but the right one i'd say. I know it's only preseason but seeing Mings in person you notice just how much of a unit he is but also how clumsy he is.  A few times he would look up to yell something to someone as the ball was coming to him only to look back down and the ball had already rolled passed him by a couple metres.  I know it's only a little thing but it seemed so amateur to me.

I think its about the easiest call you could make as Villa manager.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2670 on: July 28, 2022, 10:25:21 am »

Hope Martinez's thigh or whatever it was that caused him to cry off a game is up to the burden of the vice-captaincy...

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2671 on: July 28, 2022, 12:01:19 pm »
The Mings move may be the right one but I question whether refusing to take Carney Chukwuemeka on tour was. Telegraphed his dissatisfaction with the player to the world thus reducing his asking price/ p*ssed off a young talent who might have been nurtured and encouraged to stay. Possibly. Arguably.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs
« Reply #2672 on: July 28, 2022, 12:02:21 pm »
Hope Martinez's thigh or whatever it was that caused him to cry off a game is up to the burden of the vice-captaincy...

Isn't that a song by Blondie?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #2673 on: July 29, 2022, 06:05:52 pm »
The Mings move may be the right one but I question whether refusing to take Carney Chukwuemeka on tour was. Telegraphed his dissatisfaction with the player to the world thus reducing his asking price/ p*ssed off a young talent who might have been nurtured and encouraged to stay. Possibly. Arguably.
it's reported that he hasn't signed or rejected a contract that's been on the table since November.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2674 on: July 29, 2022, 06:17:36 pm »
Not sure if true or not

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2675 on: July 29, 2022, 06:37:36 pm »
it's reported that he hasn't signed or rejected a contract that's been on the table since November.
I know. I'm comparing to how Klopp behaves to want-away players.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2676 on: July 30, 2022, 12:33:31 pm »
Not sure if true or not

A weeks wages fine for not having Phil Collins on your playlist.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2677 on: August 5, 2022, 03:38:17 pm »
A weeks wages fine for not having Phil Collins on your playlist.
It will make them think twice.

On Chukwuemeka, he's clearly a talent, but was the issue wages or playing time? Because surely if he's so good, he gets enough minutes for a fairly average Villa side.

If the rumours that he wanted £100k a week are true you can understand their stance. Probably should have taken him on tour though and intimated that they'd be looking to keep him and convince him to sign a new deal, then sell late in the window.

What are the chances Chelsea loan him out?

On Mings, the real miracle is that he's ever made himself a career above Championship level. He's outstanding physically and size wise but he has no quality on the ball and lacks defensive instincts, nor the footballing brain to really assert his physicality in an effective way. When he used to be at Ipswich I was surprised by the fee they got for him then, let alone subsequent 8 figure sales later.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 03:39:50 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2678 on: August 7, 2022, 08:37:04 am »
Big season for Stevie this one, poor result yesterday.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2679 on: August 7, 2022, 11:39:06 am »
If they fail to win against a poor Everton side at home next week I think it'll set the tone for what's to come for them this season. There's no reasons why teams shouldn't keep clean sheets against this Everton side, they've got no attacking quality, just a matter of opening them up.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.