Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 324193 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: ASTON VILLA - a lovely bunch of people
« Reply #2560 on: May 22, 2022, 06:47:36 pm »
It is would have been the perfect time to conjure  some dark arts, throw a defender or two on, a DM slow the game down, maybe he just lacks experience but it’s a poor showing given the circumstances.

Ultimately he's only had a few years in Scotland and a few months in the PL as a manager. Tbf he/they did a job on City for 70 minutes but needed that nous to be able to see it out. Even if they scored 3 in the last 20 it's one thing but 3 in 5 minutes is just piss poor, that's on you. Look at City at 3-2. Spent the rest of the game time wasting.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2561 on: May 22, 2022, 06:48:28 pm »
If people want to get pissed off then do it on the right people. Put it on the gutless authorities that have allowed football to be taken over by disgusting states. That is where our anger should be not on Steven Gerrard and Aston Villa.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2562 on: May 22, 2022, 06:49:50 pm »
If people want to get pissed off then do it on the right people. Put it on the gutless authorities that have allowed football to be taken over by disgusting states. That is where our anger should be not on Steven Gerrard and Aston Villa.

Yep, most of the posts don't even make sense "he should have brought on a DM and gone defensive". He put a DM on for Phil at 2-0. Funnily enough Villa fans are saying they went too defensive with that sub and invited pressure, can't win really.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2563 on: May 22, 2022, 06:50:34 pm »
Christ I’ve just seen City’s second and third goals.

The second goal, the keeper was two yards from it and still couldn’t get down in time.

The third, Mings first touch was a disgrace for a premier league player, and yet again the keeper was missing in action.

That shit was bad from them.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2564 on: May 22, 2022, 06:51:23 pm »
especially that 3rd is dodgy as fuck

He’s just a shit keeper isn’t he?

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2565 on: May 22, 2022, 06:54:07 pm »
If there is one silver lining to this, the absolutely stupid shouts of Gerrard for Liverpool manager should be shut forever now. Great, legendary player but he is not a Liverpool manager material.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2566 on: May 22, 2022, 06:54:10 pm »
Yeah I'm not getting the Villa hate, City are a very good team and could do that to 90% of this league. I think it's just the disappointment about losing the league but realistically did anyone think Villa could take a point let alone 3?

When 2 - 0 up, sure. At the start, no. They had done so well against expectations to get into such a good position, but wasted it.

Teams can come back from 2 or 3 goals down over 90 minutes, but in near 30 years of watching the game, it's only Istanbul and this one where I can recall a side score 3 goals in 6 - 7 minutes to materially change the result at this level. This is rare, and as with Istanbul, there probably is a mental weakness and failure on the side of the losing manager and players to immediately react, slow the game down, waste time, fake injury  etc.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2567 on: May 22, 2022, 06:54:48 pm »
Who the fuck is this Nakamba fella that came on for Coutinho. They went a bit shit after that

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2568 on: May 22, 2022, 06:55:31 pm »
They gave it an effort. Got to 0-2 lead. Then tired out.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2569 on: May 22, 2022, 06:56:12 pm »
If there is one silver lining to this, the absolutely stupid shouts of Gerrard for Liverpool manager should be shut forever now. Great, legendary player but he is not a Liverpool manager material.

Everyone’s losing their heads. He may not be, time will tell but no one (maybe not him!) expected  them to be 2 up at City in the first place. 99% of people probably thought City would win today.

At least they had a go, them conceding early and never being in it at all felt the more likely scenario. It’s frustrating but meh, he hasn’t cost us the title.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2570 on: May 22, 2022, 06:56:15 pm »
Christ I’ve just seen City’s second and third goals.

The second goal, the keeper was two yards from it and still couldn’t get down in time.

The third, Mings first touch was a disgrace for a premier league player, and yet again the keeper was missing in action.

That shit was bad from them.
he's a 2nd choice keeper for a reason
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2571 on: May 22, 2022, 06:57:09 pm »
They gave it an effort. Got to 0-2 lead. Then tired out.
Being tired is fine, losing 3 goals in 5 minutes is unpardonable even if they were a man down. That is some special bottling. Started with the weird subs, you never try to go passive against City completely.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2572 on: May 22, 2022, 06:57:37 pm »
He’s just a shit keeper isn’t he?
I don’t think there’s been a good Argentinian goalkeeper for decades, they are all different levels of shit. Remember that Rulli character for Villarreal, or Romero for the Mancs? Dreadful shit.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2573 on: May 22, 2022, 07:00:15 pm »
I don’t think there’s been a good Argentinian goalkeeper for decades, they are all different levels of shit. Remember that Rulli character for Villarreal, or Romero for the Mancs? Dreadful shit.

Is Olsen not Swedish?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2574 on: May 22, 2022, 07:00:16 pm »
At least they will get some extra millions from that Grealish clause
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2575 on: May 22, 2022, 07:00:57 pm »
Everyone’s losing their heads. He may not be, time will tell but no one (maybe not him!) expected  them to be 2 up at City in the first place. 99% of people probably thought City would win today.

At least they had a go, them conceding early and never being in it at all felt the more likely scenario. It’s frustrating but meh, he hasn’t cost us the title.
Just like the 13/14 season, no one will let Gerrard forget that he bottled the title for Liverpool in 21/22.
I think he didn't lose the title, but this is a good excuse to keep him away from the Liverpool job for which he is definitely underqualified and probable not manager material.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2576 on: May 22, 2022, 07:01:11 pm »

That Argentinian got “rested” for some reason.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2577 on: May 22, 2022, 07:03:13 pm »
Just like the 13/14 season, no one will let Gerrard forget that he bottled the title for Liverpool in 21/22.
I think he didn't lose the title, but this is a good excuse to keep him away from the Liverpool job for which he is definitely underqualified and probable not manager material.

He can't get the Liverpool job just for being Steven Gerrard it'd need to be on merit, so he'd need monumental achievements with Villa to be in the frame.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2578 on: May 22, 2022, 07:08:26 pm »
Being tired is fine, losing 3 goals in 5 minutes is unpardonable even if they were a man down. That is some special bottling. Started with the weird subs, you never try to go passive against City completely.

Gerrard doesn't have Mentality Monsters as players.

West Ham were 2-0 up in the second half and it took a penalty save for them not to lose 3-2.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: May 22, 2022, 07:09:58 pm »
Judging from some of the ridiculous shouts on here it would have been better if they just lay down and got tickled from the start.

As for Liverpool job and Gerrard, nothing he will do with Villa will prepare him so whilst he is still there no point even speculating. We are not a club that can appoint 'do a job' managers, not after Klopp

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2580 on: May 22, 2022, 07:12:42 pm »
People on here acting like one of Klopps teams haven’t thrown away a lead.

Gerrard kept it to at least a one goal deficit, better than we had any right to hope for.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2581 on: May 22, 2022, 07:17:22 pm »
People on here acting like one of Klopps teams haven’t thrown away a lead.

Gerrard kept it to at least a one goal deficit, better than we had any right to hope for.
Villa did far better than anyone expected them to. I wrote off their game before it even began, and expected a routine 5-0 to the sportswash.

Let's face it, the only surprise in that game was Villa taking the lead in the first place. Blowing it was no surprise whatsoever.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #2582 on: May 22, 2022, 07:19:08 pm »
Think some of you are forgetting how good of a team City are, Villa did well to Score let alone score 2
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 07:21:59 pm by stevieG786 »

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2583 on: May 22, 2022, 07:32:30 pm »
MANCHESTER, England (AP) — Aston Villa goalkeeper Robin Olsen was attacked during a field invasion by Manchester City fans celebrating winning the Premier League title on Sunday.

The incident happened as Olsen tried to leave the Etihad Stadium pitch which became covered in thousands of City fans. Aston Villa manager Steven Gerrard had no news of Olsen’s condition in the news conference after Villa’s 3-2 loss on the final day of the season.

City said it was opening an investigation and would issue an indefinite stadium ban to the fan responsible.

“Manchester City would like to sincerely apologize to Aston Villa goalkeeper Robin Olsen, who was assaulted after the final whistle at today’s match when fans entered the pitch,” the club said in a statement.

The English Football Association said on Friday it was “very concerned” about a series of pitch invasions that have marred the end of the season.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2584 on: May 22, 2022, 07:38:17 pm »
MANCHESTER, England (AP) — Aston Villa goalkeeper Robin Olsen was attacked during a field invasion by Manchester City fans celebrating winning the Premier League title on Sunday.

The incident happened as Olsen tried to leave the Etihad Stadium pitch which became covered in thousands of City fans. Aston Villa manager Steven Gerrard had no news of Olsen’s condition in the news conference after Villa’s 3-2 loss on the final day of the season.

City said it was opening an investigation and would issue an indefinite stadium ban to the fan responsible.

“Manchester City would like to sincerely apologize to Aston Villa goalkeeper Robin Olsen, who was assaulted after the final whistle at today’s match when fans entered the pitch,” the club said in a statement.

The English Football Association said on Friday it was “very concerned” about a series of pitch invasions that have marred the end of the season.
should be docked 2 points. Disgraceful.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: May 22, 2022, 07:40:16 pm »

Why did they choose to attack him of all people? He basically gifted them the 3 points.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2586 on: May 22, 2022, 07:40:30 pm »
Should file a criminal complaint for assault against the c*nts.

Phuk yoo

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2587 on: May 22, 2022, 07:45:22 pm »

Calling bs on that right now ;D

Maybe 10's?

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2588 on: May 22, 2022, 07:47:28 pm »

Hear hear Jill. We as a club are surely better than that?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2589 on: May 22, 2022, 07:47:29 pm »
They’re basically Everton with even more blood money.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2590 on: May 22, 2022, 07:49:14 pm »

The shit has already hit the fan, as I have stated after the Everton disgrace. The 80's are back, and the Premier League have no one to blame but themselves ...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 08:05:11 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2591 on: May 22, 2022, 07:50:03 pm »
Is Olsen not Swedish?
Oh, I thought Martinez was the goalie. Still, he’s pretty shit.  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2592 on: May 22, 2022, 07:50:39 pm »
Attacking a goalkeeper after you've WON the league. What level of moron do you have to be to do this?

Premier League needs to come down hard on these invasions. Threaten points off or something

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2593 on: May 22, 2022, 07:53:08 pm »

Behave! Honestly, shake your head!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2594 on: May 22, 2022, 08:01:11 pm »
I doubt anything significant happens regarding the pitch invasions, the season being over is the perfect excuse to "wait and see".

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #2595 on: May 22, 2022, 08:02:05 pm »
It's not just Mings, the whole Villa defence needs work. Cash believes he's a cross between TAA and Jack Grealish and he can be effective going forward, but on both Gundogan goals he seemed to have no idea what was going on behind him. Add to that a weak goalie and you can understand how a team can score three times in six minutes. Gerrard knows he's got work to do in the close season.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2596 on: May 22, 2022, 08:21:33 pm »
Why on earth did he bring on Ashley Young of all players? He need a a massive clear out this summer.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2597 on: May 22, 2022, 09:10:23 pm »
What happened today is not on Villa or Gerrard, it's on the TV companies who required them to play a match on the Thursday night leaving only 2 full days recovery before playing today. All so matches wouldn't clash with the Europa final. Burnley also got shafted but not to worry it's the greatest league in the world isn't it  ::)
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2598 on: May 22, 2022, 09:19:20 pm »
What happened today is not on Villa or Gerrard, it's on the TV companies who required them to play a match on the Thursday night leaving only 2 full days recovery before playing today. All so matches wouldn't clash with the Europa final. Burnley also got shafted but not to worry it's the greatest league in the world isn't it  ::)

Exactly. Some of the posts in here are fucking ridiculous.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2599 on: May 22, 2022, 09:22:05 pm »
he did his best as always. almost pulled it off but as was said already, they ran out of legs as a direct result of having a game on Thursday.

you have to question why that games was scheduled for Thursday.