Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2620901 times)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs - 1 Billion Pound Millstone Without Cheese
« Reply #18080 on: May 12, 2019, 10:42:49 am »
Edited this little film yesterday. Thought a game like that needed the Hollywood treatment ;) Ha ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exkvqy7JBxg

Best of luck today by the way.
Nice video.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18081 on: May 12, 2019, 12:14:34 pm »
Thats a terrible take.

I don't quite understand some peoples hatred for Spurs. I get disliking them, but not the hatred that many have on here. Yeah, they have players like Kane and Ali who are tw*ts, but as a club they are pretty ok in comparison to the likes of City and Chelsea. They aren't rivals like United and Everton. They aren't winning trophy after trophy. They don't overspend and do thing diligently. The only thing I don't like about them is they are our direct rivals to trophies alongside City, despite their collapse in the league, as shown by them reaching the final where we will play them - and much like us, they are resilient f*ckers - getting results late on and when they need them.

They are much, much closer to our style than they are the plastic sides. Like it or not. I respect them much more than any of the other side in the top 6. I don't have any real dislike for Arsenal either, but feel Spurs are the better run club and better side to boot.

With all that said, we are going to absolutely smash those Spurs c*nts.  ;D

Yeah as a club and fanbase, they are preferable to the plastic c*nts at Chelsea and City. However, their players are a bunch of cheating diving twats, hence my utter dislike of them.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #18082 on: May 12, 2019, 12:18:33 pm »
Edited this little film yesterday. Thought a game like that needed the Hollywood treatment ;) Ha ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exkvqy7JBxg

Best of luck today by the way.

Thanks Tommy. At least you will get new supporters today with the visit of the BS. Look out for those Harry Kane scarfs if your anywhere near.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18083 on: May 12, 2019, 12:23:53 pm »
Thanks Tommy. At least you will get new supporters today with the visit of the BS. Look out for those Harry Kane scarfs if your anywhere near.  ;D
at least the kids will be safe today

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18084 on: May 12, 2019, 01:04:01 pm »
Net spend isn't the best to judge by though as you get lottery wins like Coutinho or Bale. We got two world class players for one sub world class player that brought us from top 4 to title challenging. They got half a team from Bale that brought them from a top ten club to consistent top four. If you look at wages they've done exceptionally well but they've also got half the team going into the final contract year at the end of the season. They're a house of cards built on sand at the moment and could quite easily do a Leeds.

Michel Vorm – 2019
Toby Alderweireld – 2020
Jan Vertonghen – 2020
Danny Rose – 2021
Ben Davies – 2021
Eric Dier - 2021
Victor Wanyama – 2021
Christian Eriksen – 2020
Moussa Sissoko – 2021
Fernando Llorente - 2019

I disagree with the bolded.

All clubs have assets they can choose to keep or sell. Klopp, against the wishes of nearly every fan of LFC, chose, in his infinite wisdom, to sell Coutinho to Barca for 140m. Poch could have sold Sir Harold of Kaneshire to the red Mancs for about 120-150m and reinvested. But chose not too.

Some teams buy 30y/o ill-fitting super-stars on huge contracts, others hang on to shite players on huge contracts for too long, whilst some let their most valuable assets run down their contracts. Some do all three resulting in a huge net spend.

Some hang on to their most saleable assets for as long as they can and end up having nothing to spend. Other teams turn "average" players into world-beaters and sell them to reinvest.

Some buy the best player they can for every position, and the second best player they can for every position, and when they're not happy with them, buy the new best player for every position. And, most importantly, flaunt financial regulations and tax laws in the process. Because they are funded by oil-states with limitless funds.

It's not random. It's how they choose to do it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #18085 on: May 12, 2019, 01:10:32 pm »

There is that.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18086 on: May 12, 2019, 01:17:19 pm »

Not if Brighton get a point.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #18087 on: May 12, 2019, 01:35:20 pm »
I disagree with the bolded.

All clubs have assets they can choose to keep or sell. Klopp, against the wishes of nearly every fan of LFC, chose, in his infinite wisdom, to sell Coutinho to Barca for 140m. Poch could have sold Sir Harold of Kaneshire to the red Mancs for about 120-150m and reinvested. But chose not too.

Some teams buy 30y/o ill-fitting super-stars on huge contracts, others hang on to shite players on huge contracts for too long, whilst some let their most valuable assets run down their contracts. Some do all three resulting in a huge net spend.

Some hang on to their most saleable assets for as long as they can and end up having nothing to spend. Other teams turn "average" players into world-beaters and sell them to reinvest.

Some buy the best player they can for every position, and the second best player they can for every position, and when they're not happy with them, buy the new best player for every position. And, most importantly, flaunt financial regulations and tax laws in the process. Because they are funded by oil-states with limitless funds.

It's not random. It's how they choose to do it.

Very well put mate
Believer

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18088 on: May 12, 2019, 10:59:07 pm »
Think their (admittedly, fantastic) exploits in Europe have distracted from the fact they were completely average in the second half of the season in the league.
And average can be take literally - a form table for the second half of the year would have them 11th, with 26 points from 19 games.

They've got away with it a bit because of the aforementioned European exploits, and the fact that their competition for fourth were only slightly less shit, so didnt catch them.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18089 on: May 13, 2019, 01:15:43 am »
Their exploits haven’t even been fantastic. It’s been incredible luck. VAR, Barcelona playing a second team, and Ajax literally botching it.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18090 on: May 13, 2019, 01:59:31 am »
Their exploits haven’t even been fantastic. It’s been incredible luck. VAR, Barcelona playing a second team, and Ajax literally botching it.

A shitload of luck involved. Even in the one part of the CL where they got through comfortably (vs Dortmund), they were outplayed for ages at home before scoring massively against the run of play and Dortmunds team of kids going to pieces.

And if I hear one more spurs fan saying that them whacking desperate high balls at Llorente's head while Ajax totally shit their pants is of equivalent value to what we did to Barcelona, I'm going to fucking scream.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18091 on: May 13, 2019, 02:25:23 am »
You have a chance to put them back in their box, to win your first trophy for a decade, klopps first at Liverpool, to not end this amazing season you’ve had empty handed, and to become the champions of Europe.
If I were you, I’d rip them apart.

Just sayin.

Online bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #18092 on: May 13, 2019, 08:41:29 am »
You have a chance to put them back in their box, to win your first trophy for a decade, klopps first at Liverpool, to not end this amazing season you’ve had empty handed, and to become the champions of Europe.

Just sayin.

Haha, preaching to the choir there.  8) :D

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #18093 on: May 13, 2019, 09:34:23 am »
Luck or no luck they have shown incredible character to book their place in Madrid.

One thing I would say is that last season we bounced into that final, riding a crest of a wave (maybe not domestically) but we weren't THAT bad in the league as we sowed up top 4 beating Chelsea and the like and were tearing up trees on the continent. Still wasn't enough to beat a team that did enough on the day.....

Spurs on the other hand haven't been that great for months now and even though they have show great character to get into the final they haven't shown much form. Is that something that can be turned on? Or will they have to count on it being thrown "out the window" as the cliche goes for finals...

We'll see
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18094 on: May 13, 2019, 11:05:30 am »
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #18095 on: May 13, 2019, 01:01:22 pm »
Looks like they hung on for dear life v Everton, if stats are to be believed. Hope they don't have time to find any sort of form ahead of the final.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18096 on: May 13, 2019, 01:14:10 pm »
They look Zombified at the minute, but the 3 weeks rest will do them good. I'm quite happy for the 3 weeks to be full of Harry Kane "Will he/won't he" talk because it'll potentially throw their squad into a little limbo. If I was Son and Moura and really want a CL final place, I'd be a bit put out if everywhere I go over the next few weeks I get asked about Kane robbing their final place.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18097 on: May 13, 2019, 08:07:44 pm »
Looks like they hung on for dear life v Everton, if stats are to be believed. Hope they don't have time to find any sort of form ahead of the final.

How can you find form without any matches? Even friendlies wouldn't really help.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18098 on: May 13, 2019, 08:18:41 pm »
Best thing for us is Kane being touch and go to be back able to play in the final with no games inbetween.
His ego will make him insist on being part of it if he is even close to fitness.
Poch will feel he has to give him every chance and will be having to work on tactics without being sure if he will be involved or not.
He will likely be nowhere close to fit enough for the intensity of a Champions League final against a Klopp team, but will be involved - and although he won't have lost his basic goalscoring ability, I think will get frustrated that he can't perform at a level high enough to get the better of our defenders or midfielders.

"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #18099 on: May 13, 2019, 10:03:48 pm »
How can you find form without any matches? Even friendlies wouldn't really help.

Fair point. They will have time to rest. But so will we.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18100 on: May 14, 2019, 01:07:23 pm »
Best thing for us is Kane being touch and go to be back able to play in the final with no games inbetween.
His ego will make him insist on being part of it if he is even close to fitness.
Poch will feel he has to give him every chance and will be having to work on tactics without being sure if he will be involved or not.
He will likely be nowhere close to fit enough for the intensity of a Champions League final against a Klopp team, but will be involved - and although he won't have lost his basic goalscoring ability, I think will get frustrated that he can't perform at a level high enough to get the better of our defenders or midfielders.

Totally agree

Sir Harold of Kaneshire being 'touch and go' gives Poch a real headache to prepare tactically.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18101 on: May 14, 2019, 04:21:53 pm »

Just sayin.

Whoa, don't release the pressure cooker!

If I were you, I'd keep calm and let your rivals worry. You'll watch us win.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #18102 on: May 15, 2019, 07:01:53 pm »
Spuds in Private Eye

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18103 on: May 23, 2019, 07:58:14 pm »
Atletico Madrid and Napoli are interested in signing Tottenham's England international right-back Kieran Tripper, 28. (Mirror)

What the fuck is wrong with people ?
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18104 on: May 23, 2019, 07:58:55 pm »
Atletico Madrid and Napoli are interested in signing Tottenham's England international right-back Kieran Tripper, 28. (Mirror)

What the fuck is wrong with people ?
congrats, he’s just scored the winner in the final

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18105 on: May 23, 2019, 08:31:07 pm »
congrats, he’s just scored the winner in the final

If our chances lie by that thread, we are in trouble
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18106 on: May 23, 2019, 08:42:13 pm »
He could net a hatty and he'd still be one of the most overrated players in the league.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #18108 on: May 25, 2019, 06:05:14 pm »

Just sayin.
Thinking on the same lines.  Can't think of anything else
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #18109 on: May 25, 2019, 09:48:07 pm »
Frustration from the glory glory:

And there I was in the garage waiting for my car to be serviced.I get chatting to the guy sitting opposite..mention football,my team Spurs in CL final.oh right he says, I support Liverpool! So there I am at the bank chatting to the assistant..mention CL final ..oh I support Liverpool he say's! So there I am in the supermarket..repeat scenario..oh I support Liverpool says checkout...We are nowhere near fudging Liverpool...and still bumping into Liverpool supporters, its becoming ridiculous now.. how many fans have they got?

and the place wasn't even mentioned before the Beatles came onto the scene...
“These young players are our future. If we handle them like horses then we get horses.” Jürgen Klopp.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18110 on: May 25, 2019, 11:30:41 pm »
Frustration from the glory glory:

And there I was in the garage waiting for my car to be serviced.I get chatting to the guy sitting opposite..mention football,my team Spurs in CL final.oh right he says, I support Liverpool! So there I am at the bank chatting to the assistant..mention CL final ..oh I support Liverpool he say's! So there I am in the supermarket..repeat scenario..oh I support Liverpool says checkout...We are nowhere near fudging Liverpool...and still bumping into Liverpool supporters, its becoming ridiculous now.. how many fans have they got?

and the place wasn't even mentioned before the Beatles came onto the scene...

Yep nobody had ever heard of the gateway to the new world.

Ever.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18111 on: May 26, 2019, 09:31:07 am »
They’ll know how many fans  we’ve got when 3/4 of the ground is red ;D

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18112 on: May 27, 2019, 08:42:28 am »
Think their (admittedly, fantastic) exploits in Europe have distracted from the fact they were completely average in the second half of the season in the league.
And average can be take literally - a form table for the second half of the year would have them 11th, with 26 points from 19 games.

They've got away with it a bit because of the aforementioned European exploits, and the fact that their competition for fourth were only slightly less shit, so didnt catch them.

Injuries and a smaller less talented squad than say ours or City's might have had something to do with that, no?  Last season our form tailed off at the end as we focussed on the UCL and rotated/rested, whereas Pochettino seems to have played or been forced to play his starting players in every league and UCL game without too much rotation.  It's why this extended break between the semi finals and final is so annoying as it helps a Spurs team that were running on their last breath and riddled with injured players.  I personally don't think their form in the 2nd half of the season really merits any advantage that we might gain for the final. 

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18113 on: May 28, 2019, 03:54:46 pm »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18114 on: May 28, 2019, 04:02:41 pm »
Good player

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18115 on: May 28, 2019, 04:25:41 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48433820

Never heard of him :)

His profile is trending toward "superstar, one of the best there is" category.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bayern, Madrid, Barca, ManU or us go after him as well.  Would be a great deal for Spuds if they can pull it off. 

Also what a laughable deal for PSG, they're such a joke.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18116 on: May 28, 2019, 04:26:32 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48433820

Never heard of him :)

Good business for Betis, should jump at that offer if its genuine.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18117 on: May 28, 2019, 04:28:55 pm »
16 goals from midfield is a handy return.

That Betis team play a high energy pressing game, so he'll slot in easy but i reckon he'll be the replacement for Erikssen no doubt.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18118 on: May 30, 2019, 05:24:08 pm »
His profile is trending toward "superstar, one of the best there is" category.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bayern, Madrid, Barca, ManU or us go after him as well.  Would be a great deal for Spuds if they can pull it off. 

Also what a laughable deal for PSG, they're such a joke.

Which deal? They sold Moura on the cheap too
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18119 on: May 30, 2019, 05:33:45 pm »
https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/we-can-be-heroes-champions-league-final-01-06-2019.31579/page-97

What a bunch of c*nts on that forum. Went to have a read of their thoughts on the final and see post after post of ignorant, misinformed bullshit. Wankers.