Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2632600 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #18280 on: June 2, 2019, 10:29:33 am »
The whole Harry Kane saga was a burden for them I reckon, too much pressure all round. Should he start, should he come on/off etc!

Kane himself in declaring himself fit, put extra weight on his own shoulders to perform well, and in my opinion it was a fairy tale that was never likely to happen. Like lots of Reds called it, we where actually happy he started.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18281 on: June 2, 2019, 10:45:20 am »
Congrats on getting to final spurs. You'll always be spurs though.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #18282 on: June 2, 2019, 10:53:29 am »
I think Liverpool would have won anyway, whether Kane started or not.

Number 6 was never in doubt to be honest.

Spurs fans will not even remember ever being level In a CL final , they started at 1-0 down and never looked like scoring.

That early goal probably contributed to Liverpool not playing well playing defensive, they didn't need to.

Stonewall pen by the way, and I didn't even see it.

Fixed.
For me..if Spurs had got that early goal the game would have played out (possession) the opposite.
The difference is that we would have still won.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18283 on: June 2, 2019, 12:06:02 pm »
As a Liverpool fan who lives in North London, thank #### we won. Spurs fans a pretty unbearable at the best of times, I dread to think how bad they would have been if they had won.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #18284 on: June 2, 2019, 12:36:11 pm »
Kane's diving was irritating.

The penalty debate was laughable - he had his arm out and the ball hit it.

Nervy game for both sides, just glad we saw it out. And Origi. What a star man he really is.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18285 on: June 2, 2019, 12:40:31 pm »
So I make it that the following all dived last night in an attempt to con the ref: Trippier, Rose, Dele Alli, Kane (multiple times).

Don't recall a dive, but certainly occasions where he could have went down but stayed on his feet: Son.

Who says foreign players are cheats?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18286 on: June 2, 2019, 12:42:52 pm »
Good chance for a DVD at least.

The "we put the pressure on" 
The "we averaged most points In 2 seasons"

And now

"The journey"

Must watch box set for Christmas, watch it with a cup of coffee .... well, a mug of coffee, the cup is at Anfield.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #18287 on: June 2, 2019, 12:44:41 pm »

And now

"The journey"

Must watch box set for Christmas, watch it with a cup of coffee .... well, a mug of coffee, the cup is at Anfield.

Featuring all 11 of Kane's passes in the CL final!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18288 on: June 2, 2019, 12:47:58 pm »

And now

"The journey"

They certainly put more pressure on than you did in the EL final  ;D ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18289 on: June 2, 2019, 12:50:01 pm »
They certainly put more pressure on than you did in the EL final  ;D ;D

That's the next DVD, "the shift of power" , how Spurs put more pressure on than arsenal.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #18290 on: June 2, 2019, 12:56:19 pm »
Thought the bigger mistake was taking off Winks

Things were getting a little hairy...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18291 on: June 2, 2019, 01:01:50 pm »
The Spurs fans in the same bar as us last night were very magnanimous in defeat, easiest thing in the world to be bitter, but fair play, unlike that massive Tory Glenn Hoddle on BT Sport, the massive biff.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18292 on: June 2, 2019, 01:04:53 pm »
The BT sport coverage was as if spurs were in the final against a foreign team, where you expect a level of bias.
Well I enjoyed the English team getting tonked.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18293 on: June 2, 2019, 01:10:04 pm »
I wouldn’t be overly enamoured with the captain saying we can’t challenge for the European Cup every season if I was a Spurs fan.

https://youtu.be/W27EnmIpxHg

Seriously, why not? He ought to be saying that they’ve done it once, they can do it again.  Just seems a defeatist attitude to me.  I know it’s only a couple of hours after they lost, and maybe it’s unfair to be interviewing people, but you’d want your captain to be showing a bit of defiance.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18294 on: June 2, 2019, 01:12:57 pm »
Big respect to Spurs. Done things the right way and their time may well come again.

Really poor from Hoddle last night watching it back. What’s the ref meant to do if the ball hits an arm at a right angle?

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #18295 on: June 2, 2019, 01:14:09 pm »
I’ve acquired a lot of respect for Spurs now, as a club and fans.  Only that stupid dive by Kane (and to be honest him being able to elbow his way into their XI at all) takes the gloss off it slightly.  But they’re a proper club and to take themselves from where they were to where they are now, is remarkable.  I wish them well.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18296 on: June 2, 2019, 01:20:21 pm »
Nothing but gracious in defeat the ones I met last night. Fair play to them
bollocks

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18297 on: June 2, 2019, 01:23:20 pm »
Had quite a few Spurs fans walk up to me as I was enjoying my victory cigar last night to give me congrats. Was very classy of them. Well played Spurs.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18298 on: June 2, 2019, 01:26:49 pm »
Yeah they are definitely much more class than Chelsea and Arsenal. Kudos to Pochettino, he is a respectful and gracious man.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18299 on: June 2, 2019, 01:29:25 pm »
I can't see them making another CL final for a long time to be honest.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18300 on: June 2, 2019, 01:32:35 pm »
I can't see them making another CL final for a long time to be honest.
Depends, you need a very good manager which they have and a group of good players. If they keep their core and ship out likes of Alli, Lamela etc, finally spend some money this summer wisely they have a shot. Also you need some luck in CL.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18301 on: June 2, 2019, 01:36:59 pm »
Yeah they are definitely much more class than Chelsea and Arsenal. Kudos to Pochettino, he is a respectful and gracious man.

Much more class than Arsenal in what way...?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #18302 on: June 2, 2019, 01:39:45 pm »
They are in a great place. Manager, players, stadium and now a fair chunk of change from a better than expected European run.

Make no mistake, Arsenal fans are in no place to banter them now. North London is white and will be for a while

What I will say though is they have a massive decision to make on Harry Kane. Lucas Moura has every right to be upset on being left on the bench last night. A braver manager would have either left him on the bench or done what we did with Firminho. Take him off after 60 and kept the system the same.

There is a Gareth Bale moment for coming up for them.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18303 on: June 2, 2019, 01:42:32 pm »
I’ve acquired a lot of respect for Spurs now, as a club and fans.  Only that stupid dive by Kane (and to be honest him being able to elbow his way into their XI at all) takes the gloss off it slightly.  But they’re a proper club and to take themselves from where they were to where they are now, is remarkable.  I wish them well.
His dive in the 90th minute was embarrassing, the commentator on BT Sport called it "a fall", it was a blatant dive, why does that blert get a free ride from the press, pundits, commentators?

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #18304 on: June 2, 2019, 01:58:03 pm »
Fucking deligthed to see the Chas n' Dave gobshites lose.

The fans in Madrid in fairness did seem alright, but fuck 'em. The ones I know and have experienced online through the likes of Glory Glory with their victim, dippers, flopp, finished above you 7 out of 8 seasons - those ones, those are the ones whose tears I revel in.

Pochettino? Potless - a nearly team, no more no less. And for those who say we'll build on this - we'll see. You've gone backwards this season, a season that saw you lose 20 times. The comebacks aligned themselves this season to allow the romanticism to be written that your name was on the cup before the harsh reality of a clinical Liverpool booted you up the arse.

Maybe you'll spend a bit of cash or maybe you won't. Maybe the likes of Erikson will commit to a new contract or maybe they'll just fuck off to a better team. Maybe Poch will stay around or maybe he'll fuck off to a better team. I can only imagine the joy such uncertainty would bring during the off season.

Anyway, enough gloating.

Mind the gap chasm.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18305 on: June 2, 2019, 02:01:27 pm »
They are in a great place. Manager, players, stadium and now a fair chunk of change from a better than expected European run.

Make no mistake, Arsenal fans are in no place to banter them now. North London is white and will be for a while

What I will say though is they have a massive decision to make on Harry Kane. Lucas Moura has every right to be upset on being left on the bench last night. A braver manager would have either left him on the bench or done what we did with Firminho. Take him off after 60 and kept the system the same.

There is a Gareth Bale moment for coming up for them.

Of course they are

Their main rivals just lost the biggest game in their history, it’s the perfect time to ‘banter them’. They both lost a European final and there was a point between them in the league. Not what I’d call a chasm.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #18306 on: June 2, 2019, 02:02:02 pm »
Aston Villa are more our rivals that Spurs are.  And Aston Villa are not our rivals.

In European Cups, Villa are 1/6th our rivals. Spurs are 0. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #18307 on: June 2, 2019, 02:03:56 pm »

Sorry no

Arsenal don’t go on like some of them. It’s to be expected spending a long time being in a city rivald shadow

The Everton of North London. Don’t get me wrong they’re not all bellends amd not all saints like all of us. But on the whole I prefer Arsenal out of all the top 6.

Spurs forum for example is an absolute disgrace some of the shot spouted on there

No offence Tommy W

Commiserations for last night.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18308 on: June 2, 2019, 02:29:42 pm »
Sell Alli, Lamela etc and buy forwards with pace and stop Kane thinking he is Sheringham and these guys might do ok in term of winning stuff

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #18309 on: June 2, 2019, 02:49:57 pm »
Sell Alli, Lamela etc and buy forwards with pace and stop Kane thinking he is Sheringham God and these guys might do ok in term of winning stuff

Fixed
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18310 on: June 2, 2019, 02:54:12 pm »
The fans in Madrid in fairness did seem alright, but fuck 'em. The ones I know and have experienced online through the likes of Glory Glory with their victim, dippers, flopp, finished above you 7 out of 8 seasons - those ones, those are the ones whose tears I revel in.

That's one of my favourites ;D

Pochettino? Potless - a nearly team, no more no less. And for those who say we'll build on this - we'll see. You've gone backwards this season, a season that saw you lose 20 times. The comebacks aligned themselves this season to allow the romanticism to be written that your name was on the cup before the harsh reality of a clinical Liverpool booted you up the arse.

:D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18311 on: June 2, 2019, 02:56:05 pm »
I find Arsenal fans a lot more decent. They don't have a vile online fanbase and the matchgoers are fairly harmless. I personally hope they reclaim the days of Henry, Ljunberg and Pires but at the expense of Spurs of course, not us.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #18312 on: June 2, 2019, 02:56:17 pm »
Fucking deligthed to see the Chas n' Dave gobshites lose.

Maybe you'll spend a bit of cash or maybe you won't. Maybe the likes of Erikson will commit to a new contract or maybe they'll just fuck off to a better team. Maybe Poch will stay around or maybe he'll fuck off to a better team. I can only imagine the joy such uncertainty would bring during the off season.

Anyway, enough gloating.

Mind the gap chasm.

I was surprised how nervous people were around me last night. We were shit for large parts of the game but they were worse. Half their players were knackered in the second half and our win was fairly clinical. Their bench was shit apart from Moura (who clearly should have started over Kane) and Llorente as the ‘lump it up to the big man for a knock down’ option.

I’m sure there was a deliberate tactic of making Kane chase the ball. There was one moment when Allison just stood over the ball until Kane ran up to him, then picked it up. I feel a bit for Pochettino. Kane should have been nowhere near that starting line up but he’s their ‘talisman’, their main man. Thank fuck we don’t have a ‘main man’ anymore.

Spurs may have another cup run but they won’t challenge for the league with their current squad.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18313 on: June 2, 2019, 03:22:49 pm »
I was surprised how nervous people were around me last night. We were shit for large parts of the game but they were worse. Half their players were knackered in the second half and our win was fairly clinical. Their bench was shit apart from Moura (who clearly should have started over Kane) and Llorente as the ‘lump it up to the big man for a knock down’ option.

I’m sure there was a deliberate tactic of making Kane chase the ball. There was one moment when Allison just stood over the ball until Kane ran up to him, then picked it up. I feel a bit for Pochettino. Kane should have been nowhere near that starting line up but he’s their ‘talisman’, their main man. Thank fuck we don’t have a ‘main man’ anymore.

Spurs may have another cup run but they won’t challenge for the league with their current squad.

Why feel for Poch? He is the manager. Kane hadn't played since April 9th. He has a history of needing games to be up to speed. He should have been on the bench.

Could say the same with us and Firmino/Origi but Firmino hadn't been out for as long and Klopp changed it up pretty quickly in the 2nd half as Firmino was not at the races. Kane just did nothing for the whole time except dive

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #18314 on: June 2, 2019, 03:23:46 pm »
Why feel for Poch? He is the manager. Kane hadn't played since April 9th. He has a history of needing games to be up to speed. He should have been on the bench.

Could say the same with us and Firmino/Origi but Firmino hadn't been out for as long and Klopp changed it up pretty quickly in the 2nd half as Firmino was not at the races. Kane just did nothing for the whole time except dive
Well least Kane got his final, that's all that matters.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18315 on: June 2, 2019, 03:26:46 pm »

Very true

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #18316 on: June 2, 2019, 03:35:21 pm »

Will probably get Knighted for getting there!

I wonder how long before Henderson gets an OBE/MBE

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18317 on: June 2, 2019, 03:37:20 pm »

This. Klopp was ruthless with bringing Bobby off when he was struggling, Pochettino not so with Kane

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #18318 on: June 2, 2019, 03:42:04 pm »
This. Klopp was ruthless with bringing Bobby off when he was struggling, Pochettino not so with Kane

Yeah but you can't take off your biggest cheat

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18319 on: June 2, 2019, 03:43:21 pm »

Thought Virgil said something interesting in the post match press conference he did when picking up his MOTM award. He was asked if they were surprised Kane started and he said "No" because basically Kane had declared himself 100% fit and left Poch with no choice but to select him. Kane wanted to play, no matter whether he was totally ready or not, and put himself before the team. Imagine the shit Poch would have got if he didn't pick him and they didn't win - he was basically put in a corner.