Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2632582 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #18240 on: June 2, 2019, 03:21:49 am »
A carbon copy of our last season basically
Not really. We were looking like a side ready to take form and go to the next level. Spurs imploded and lost a shitload. That doesn't bode well for them, despite getting to the final, which they were massively fortudious to do so. I will credit them for getting as far as they have, when no one really gave them a chance. But we were nowhere near our best, and we still handled everything they could throw at us and more.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18241 on: June 2, 2019, 03:23:51 am »
Not really. We were looking like a side ready to take form and go to the next level. Spurs imploded and lost a shitload. That doesn't bode well for them, despite getting to the final, which they were massively fortudious to do so. I will credit them for getting as far as they have, when no one really gave them a chance. But we were nowhere near our best, and we still handled everything they could throw at us and more.

Meant in terms of results and just about making top four

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18242 on: June 2, 2019, 03:26:36 am »
It wasn’t a great football match, I don’t think a final between two teams from the same country ever excites. This should have been a liverpool Ajax final , they were the best two teams in cl this season.

Fair play to spurs though, a provincial tiny largely unknown team went all the way to the big dance. Would have been a travesty if they beat the team that did the double over them in the league finishing 26 points ahead. This was spurs 20th defeat this season in all comps. I hate it when shit teams win CL, Liverpool deserves it on the season you had, to end it empty handed would have been sickening. .
« Last Edit: June 2, 2019, 03:28:58 am by The North Bank »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18243 on: June 2, 2019, 03:45:56 am »
It wasn’t a great football match, I don’t think a final between two teams from the same country ever excites. This should have been a liverpool Ajax final , they were the best two teams in cl this season.

Fair play to spurs though, a provincial tiny largely unknown team went all the way to the big dance. Would have been a travesty if they beat the team that did the double over them in the league finishing 26 points ahead. This was spurs 20th defeat this season in all comps. I hate it when shit teams win CL, Liverpool deserves it on the season you had, to end it empty handed would have been sickening. .

You do realise that we lost 19 games and finished 37 points behind Chelsea in 2004-5.

Wasn't a travesty then.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18244 on: June 2, 2019, 03:51:27 am »
You do realise that we lost 19 games and finished 37 points behind Chelsea in 2004-5.

Wasn't a travesty then.

You didn’t beat them in the final. Plus they didn’t somehow finish second in the league. Completely different scenario.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18245 on: June 2, 2019, 03:52:25 am »

Wasn't a travesty then.

Get with the program will you, Arsenal fans are desperate to feel better ;D

I like the Arsenal fellas on here so don't want to upset them but I've noticed a cocky attitude from a certain member when they've managed a couple of wins and Spurs/the mancs have been losing, end of the day they ended up blowing their load a bit early ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18246 on: June 2, 2019, 03:57:32 am »
Get with the program will you, Arsenal fans are desperate to feel better ;D

I like the Arsenal fellas on here so don't want to upset them but I've noticed a cocky attitude from a certain member when they've managed a couple of wins and Spurs/the mancs have been losing, end of the day they ended up blowing their load a bit early ;D

We are shit, but we don’t have to go to Australia anymore.
And spurs didn’t win CL, and their fans have stopped messaging me after a horrendous 6 weeks.
Payback time now.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18247 on: June 2, 2019, 04:18:34 am »
Tottenham star Harry Kane creates record for worst striker performance in a UCL final

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/champions-league/1110341/tottenham-star-harry-kane-record-worst-striker-performance-ucl-uefa-champions-league-final-liverpool/

Hindsight is 20/20, but when you take out your hat trick scoring hero for a half fit primadonna, this is usually what happens.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18248 on: June 2, 2019, 04:20:27 am »
For once in my life I'll try to be magnanimous. For the couple of solid Spurs posters who've waded through the bullshit. Thats so Dimitar and InPeace (i think)

Got a Skype call from my Spurs-supporting cousin in the States after the whistle blew who congratulated me very graciously.

As much as I talk shit about Spurs they are fucking legit. I respect them. In direct comparison to our nemesis this season - Manchester City. An absolute fluff piece, sportswashing bag of shit that isn't actually a real football club, just an extension of the arm of Abu Dhabi's bid to whitewash their horrific regime. I dread to think of the day that we're taken over by the Sheiks, as City have been, as PSG have been, as Newcastle might be and as anyone might be,

But Spurs? Fuck it. I respect Spurs.  I fucking hate them. Harry Kane's a c*nt. But I respect them.

Real football team, with an incredible manager on a shoestring taking them to heights that realistically they had no right to reach. Pochetinno is an incredible manager and if Klopp disappeared off the the earth tomorrow I'd want Poch.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2019, 04:28:58 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #18249 on: June 2, 2019, 04:52:57 am »
I was feeling pretty bitter about our luck to concede that penalty straight away, but after seeing the video of Henderson with his Dad that's gone away a lot, though obviously I'm still pretty disappointed.

Congratulations to you all.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18250 on: June 2, 2019, 04:59:55 am »
They will learn from this experience and come back much stronger next time they make the CL final in 24th century.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18251 on: June 2, 2019, 05:08:21 am »
They will learn from this experience and come back much stronger next time they make the CL final in 24th century.

Harry Kane in a Futurama head jar?

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18252 on: June 2, 2019, 05:21:15 am »
I was feeling pretty bitter about our luck to concede that penalty straight away, but after seeing the video of Henderson with his Dad that's gone away a lot, though obviously I'm still pretty disappointed.

Congratulations to you all.

You's weren't bad, unfortunately (a bit like us last season) you came up against a side who weren't losing this no matter what

While I'm not a spokesman for LFC I'd think the majority of our support would join me in thanking Spurs for knocking the six fingered sister fingerers out ;D

Hopefully you'll strengthen from here and go on to take at least 4 points from Manchester City next season helping us to number 19

Love you, Fish xxx

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18253 on: June 2, 2019, 05:32:15 am »
Best wishes to our Spurs posters and lurkers. Excellent team, tremendous manager. As we know ourselves, it's a tremendous achievement just to reach the CL Final. Well done.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18254 on: June 2, 2019, 06:09:32 am »
I really don’t understand why Luca Moura didn’t start given his heroics against Ajax, just bizarre. Commiserations to spurs they fought a good fight to make it to the final with very little spent to get there, they deserve real respect for that.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #18255 on: June 2, 2019, 06:40:37 am »
Glad we put a stop to that nonsense.

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #18256 on: June 2, 2019, 06:47:02 am »
All the best Tommy_W it hurts now but you guys deserved to be there and gave it a go, can't ask for anything more.

Commiserations to Tommy and the other good Spurs residents on RAWK, most of us do know exactly how you feel as we've been there before.  Really hope you can build on this.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18257 on: June 2, 2019, 06:53:32 am »
Unlucky to the Spurs boys who frequent here, i know how you're feeling right now and it will be a tough week ahead trying to get it out of your mind.

Enjoy your summer boys and it's not long until the next season starts and you'll see last night as a stepping stone to better things.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18258 on: June 2, 2019, 07:46:04 am »
Unlucky Spurs, what a chance, to be champions of Europe. To come so close and end up with nothing.
Nearly made history. Chin up.

;D

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #18259 on: June 2, 2019, 07:48:30 am »
They can be happy with their UCL run, and with the new stadium.

But they've lost 20 games this season. 20! They've got a lot of work to do
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Sweeney94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18260 on: June 2, 2019, 07:56:01 am »
All the Spurs fans I’ve come across in Madrid have been class. Unlucky lads.

They also didn’t want Kane to start - which seemed like the correct opinion after last nights performance.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #18261 on: June 2, 2019, 07:57:59 am »
I have said it before many times. Pochetino is a very good manager.

By the way, did Kane claim anything last night?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18262 on: June 2, 2019, 08:15:49 am »

Well done to Pochettino and Spurs for reaching the finals,there can ever only ever be 1 winner in a final and it's incredibly deflating to be on the losing side when the winners are celebrating (we know) but well done to the decent Spurs fans here too.

I think Kane was poised to claim Eriksen's goal again had he scored that shot but alas only managed a mouthful of moths.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18263 on: June 2, 2019, 08:19:11 am »
https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/champions-league/1110341/tottenham-star-harry-kane-record-worst-striker-performance-ucl-uefa-champions-league-final-liverpool/

Hindsight is 20/20, but when you take out your hat trick scoring hero for a half fit primadonna, this is usually what happens.

The Englishman created unwanted history in the game by having less than forty touches on the ball despite playing the entire duration of the match. He also managed only a single shot throughout the game – a poor attempt that was off-target by a good margin.

Shit that he was reporters need to get their facts right. He did manage a shot that Alisson had to make an excellent save in the 92min.

Massive mistake starting him in this match considering how long he was out for. Would have been much better coming on later to get a winner or for a penalty shootout.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #18264 on: June 2, 2019, 08:22:32 am »

He will do well at Juve.

:shocked
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #18265 on: June 2, 2019, 08:30:23 am »
Obviously after soaking in our celebrations you do feel bad for them considering we were in the same position a year back. Mad respect For Pochhetino though... Class manager who'll surely win the big ones in years to come

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18266 on: June 2, 2019, 08:32:17 am »
Kane diving trying to win a penalty and not getting it was a lovely sight.

Did he get booked for that?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18267 on: June 2, 2019, 08:37:05 am »
Unfortunately the problem with fans taking the mick is that eventually most clubs will miss out on finals. I won't be giving spurs the same stick we have received for our final defeats. Finals aren't for playing pretty football, its for winning, think our lads learnt that against real madrid last season so spurs need to try and use the same motivation

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18268 on: June 2, 2019, 08:43:51 am »
I don't really believe in destiny/kismet/cosmic balance nonsense. But sometimes when a team has lost in a final, if they get there again quickly there seems to be nothing the opposing team can do to stop them. Liverpool losing to United in the 1977 Cup Final, Milan in 2007, both after we were much the better team. Just comes down to psychology probably.

Spurs have a great team, they just need a bit of luck to win a trophy, as everyone does.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18269 on: June 2, 2019, 09:06:50 am »
Now that it's over, spurs did a magnificent job getting to the final. They really are a top team and tough to play against. Very few teams can make us look that bad. Occasion seemed a bit too big for them while we learned from last year that winning in a final is all that matters.They should be proud of what they achieved. They got here the proper way.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18270 on: June 2, 2019, 09:08:45 am »
Did he get booked for that?

Nah, but thankfully wasn't a Premier League game otherwise he'd have got a penalty.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18271 on: June 2, 2019, 09:17:39 am »
Tough to lose a final, we’ve been there. Commiserations to the Spurs lads on here. Great that the two sets of fans in Madrid seemed to mingle really well and great that it’s been all about the celebrations for us, no cheap point scoring needed.

They’re still a very good side. Beat City again next season please, but I’m the League!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18272 on: June 2, 2019, 09:45:32 am »
Watched it in a bar in Madrid half full of spurs fans. All spot on, love a wind up song but dignified and respectful to the end. I wouldn’t begrudge any future successes, definitely them over Chelsea/City.
This for sure. More Utd and City fans think it wasn't a penalty than Spurs fans.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #18273 on: June 2, 2019, 09:53:28 am »
For once in my life I'll try to be magnanimous. For the couple of solid Spurs posters who've waded through the bullshit. Thats so Dimitar and InPeace (i think)

Got a Skype call from my Spurs-supporting cousin in the States after the whistle blew who congratulated me very graciously.

As much as I talk shit about Spurs they are fucking legit. I respect them. In direct comparison to our nemesis this season - Manchester City. An absolute fluff piece, sportswashing bag of shit that isn't actually a real football club, just an extension of the arm of Abu Dhabi's bid to whitewash their horrific regime. I dread to think of the day that we're taken over by the Sheiks, as City have been, as PSG have been, as Newcastle might be and as anyone might be,

But Spurs? Fuck it. I respect Spurs.  I fucking hate them. Harry Kane's a c*nt. But I respect them.

Real football team, with an incredible manager on a shoestring taking them to heights that realistically they had no right to reach. Pochetinno is an incredible manager and if Klopp disappeared off the the earth tomorrow I'd want Poch.

Yeap, there is a difference between a valid rivalry (top London side taking on top Liverpool side) and money washed mercs. Teams like Spurs, Arsenal even United, are all legit. Not bullshit operations like Chelsea and City. Anyone still clinging to old rivalries built on games won and lost need to reassess their thinking; what the likes of City and Chelsea represent is something utterly different and new, something that should be resisted with all possible vigour.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #18274 on: June 2, 2019, 09:56:10 am »
Shit that he was reporters need to get their facts right. He did manage a shot that Alisson had to make an excellent save in the 92min.

Massive mistake starting him in this match considering how long he was out for. Would have been much better coming on later to get a winner or for a penalty shootout.

Think you either start him and take him off after 60 mins or bring him on for the last 20-30 mins. Leaving him on for the whole game was a mistake.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18275 on: June 2, 2019, 09:58:04 am »
Thought the bigger mistake was taking off Winks
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18276 on: June 2, 2019, 10:01:37 am »
I think Liverpool would have won anyway, whether Kane started or not.

Number 6 was never in doubt to be honest.

Spurs fans will not even remember ever being level In a CL final , they started at 1-0 down and never looked like scoring.

That early goal probably contributed to Liverpool not playing well, they didn't need to.

Stonewall pen by the way, and I didn't even see it. 

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18277 on: June 2, 2019, 10:09:15 am »
Think you either start him and take him off after 60 mins or bring him on for the last 20-30 mins. Leaving him on for the whole game was a mistake.

I agree with you but I guess subbing off your best striker at one down is a bold call.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18278 on: June 2, 2019, 10:11:32 am »
Nah, but thankfully wasn't a Premier League game otherwise he'd have got a penalty.

I said in the prematch that Spurs wouldn't have the benefit of a PL ref to con, and with two English teams it was highly unlikely that any European ref would favour one over the other.

I think Liverpool would have won anyway, whether Kane started or not.

Number 6 was never in doubt to be honest.

Spurs fans will not even remember ever being level In a CL final , they started at 1-0 down and never looked like scoring.

That early goal probably contributed to Liverpool not playing well, they didn't need to.

Stonewall pen by the way, and I didn't even see it. 

You are Arsene Wenger and I claim my £5.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #18279 on: June 2, 2019, 10:14:07 am »
I agree with you but I guess subbing off your best striker at one down is a bold call.
On current performance, their best strikers are Son and Moura.