Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2632602 times)

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #18200 on: June 1, 2019, 11:34:37 pm »
They are still a young(ish) side. They’ll have another crack at it over the next few seasons.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #18201 on: June 1, 2019, 11:35:27 pm »
Spurs lads... you have a quality team with some real attacking pace, guile.  Pochettino is a fantastic coach, you'll get back.  The resilience shown by your team is not going to wash away.  Keep the chin up and keep supporting, that's what is all about anyway. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18202 on: June 1, 2019, 11:35:47 pm »
Utterly glorious that their two worst players were Alli and Kane. Couldn’t happen to two more deserving players  :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18203 on: June 1, 2019, 11:36:08 pm »
Picking Kane is why this guy is not a top manager in my eyes. 2 months out with an I jury and a history of rushing back. Did exactly what I said he would do, try play like Sheringham. Soon as that happened I lost all fear of this game. With that said, nice try

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #18204 on: June 1, 2019, 11:36:19 pm »
Can we buy Son from you? What a class player!

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18205 on: June 1, 2019, 11:37:05 pm »
Yeah, generally speaking no real problem with Spurs. Thought they were marginally less shite than we were. Both sides were probably grateful they also played a side that hadn’t played for 3 weeks.  Another day it could have been different.

They should ignore all the wankers having a pop about not winning it, those wanker never fucking get there did they?. They’ll pick up a pot before long, and they’ll deserve it when they do.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18206 on: June 1, 2019, 11:37:13 pm »
Spurs shouldn’t be too hard on themselves, football is cyclical, it was their turn in 1961.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18207 on: June 1, 2019, 11:39:02 pm »
They should cash in on Alli if anybody stupid enough to throw big money at him

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18208 on: June 1, 2019, 11:39:03 pm »
Utterly glorious that their two worst players were Alli and Kane. Couldn’t happen to two more deserving players  :)

Kane diving trying to win a penalty and not getting it was a lovely sight.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18209 on: June 1, 2019, 11:41:53 pm »
Spurs shouldn’t be too hard on themselves, football is cyclical, it was their turn in 1961.

Naughty !

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18210 on: June 1, 2019, 11:42:57 pm »

They’ll be ahead of you lot for a long time. We were where they are last year. We were where you are two years ago.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18211 on: June 1, 2019, 11:44:26 pm »
They're a team that is greater than the sum of its parts and that's a massive credit to their manager.  They had a full squad to choose from today though and Pochettino put Kane in ahead of Moura and Llorente (having said that, I'm not surprised he didn't drag Kane off despite him doing nothing as they were chasing the game and he's always capable of bagging a goal from nowhere).

I know Levy is supposed to be some master negotiator but he surely can't retain this squad with salaries that are on a par with Everton and 50% below Arsenal.  Tonight may well have been peak Spurs and... #6 #6 #6  8)

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18212 on: June 1, 2019, 11:59:25 pm »
Easiest CL final we have ever played. Spurs were no threat at all.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18213 on: June 2, 2019, 12:01:27 am »
They can keep their 'Putting the pressure on Chelsea for PL' trophy and their 'CL comebacks and destiny' trophy.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #18214 on: June 2, 2019, 12:02:25 am »
Easiest CL final we have ever played. Spurs were no threat at all.

Would more pay credit to our keeper and defence than Spurs failing to get past them.

Anyways, commiserations Tommy. Hope the hangover treats you kindly and all the travelling fans get home alright.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18215 on: June 2, 2019, 12:06:49 am »
I know a few Spurs fans and they're a sound lot, talk a lot of crap but I don't actually mind them. Losing would have been unberable to them though. Must say 12 months ago I know they all feel, so while it's amazing to win I don't want to rub salt in the wounds so much as we all know how cruel this game can be.

Kane diving for the penalty was hilarious. Thought playing him would be their kryptonite and it turned out to be true - completely anonymous for the whole game.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18216 on: June 2, 2019, 12:08:22 am »
I love it when everyone is being nice to spurs.
It means they’ve won fuck all again.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Spurs - 1 Billion Pound Millstone Without Cheese
« Reply #18217 on: June 2, 2019, 12:10:18 am »
This.

Why even read their forums?

For preview? For outsiders view? For opponents view? I mean there's a good bit of proper football discussion that you can see at RAWK, so why is it wrong to seek thae same in other clubs' forums? And nobody is sensitive or cry-arsed here, this is the Spurs thread, so the opinions in their forum are mentioned just like how there are plenty of references to GOT posts in the Everton thread. You either laugh at them or explain the reality to ourselves to see how far off they are, which is what is being discussed.

It is one thing to sign up for those forums and then make posts there, our own fans undermining us in the process to be aligned with their club fans (which I completely stand against) and it's a completely different thing just going to read those forums for match-day discussions which could be insightful at times.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #18218 on: June 2, 2019, 12:13:00 am »
They can hold their heads up they competed well tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18219 on: June 2, 2019, 12:13:02 am »
Was impressed with them hugging their fans and getting consolation.  It will have been a gutting experience for them.  But maybe they'll be the stronger for it.

that said, their part of the ground emptied pretty damned quickly.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18220 on: June 2, 2019, 12:16:19 am »
Good team but Poch needs to be a bit more ruthless to be an elite manager.

Kane starting fucked them over good & proper. Lucas plays from the start and I reckon they really test us. I’m not complaining though.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18221 on: June 2, 2019, 12:24:08 am »
Easy to shit on them now but fair fucks. Poch is a top 3 manager and their fans were classy at the end. Chin up.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18222 on: June 2, 2019, 12:24:45 am »
Kane diving trying to win a penalty and not getting it was a lovely sight.
Aye, that was hilarious. Maybe one day the English media will cotton onto the fact that he's a diving twat and not just god's gift to whatever it is he's supposed to be god's gift to.

In fairness, though
They can hold their heads up they competed well tonight.
this is all true, they're a good team. A very good team in fact, but we held them at arm's length fairly comfortably. No shame in that for them though, our defence is one of the best around. Easy to be magnanimous in victory I guess, but they played their part, and deserve a modicum of respect.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18223 on: June 2, 2019, 12:42:01 am »
You know what, I'm so thankful to them for beating City because those cheats could have given us a game tonight. Fair play to Spurs for getting this far, there's clearly a massive power shift in North London. But just holding on to Pochetino will be a task in itself.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18224 on: June 2, 2019, 12:46:48 am »
I love it when everyone is being nice to spurs.
It means they’ve won fuck all again.

That's why I don't get the animosity towards them, we all know how it's going to end*

*Unless the year ends in 1 or some such bollocks

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18225 on: June 2, 2019, 12:48:05 am »
You know what, I'm so thankful to them for beating City because those cheats could have given us a game tonight. Fair play to Spurs for getting this far, there's clearly a massive power shift in North London. But just holding on to Pochetino will be a task in itself.

Best way they can keep hold of him will be to back him in the transfer window, if they fail to build on what they have, him and a number of their best players will be gone within 12 months.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18226 on: June 2, 2019, 12:54:26 am »
Best way they can keep hold of him will be to back him in the transfer window, if they fail to build on what they have, him and a number of their best players will be gone within 12 months.

Yeah, Levy needs to be making promises now to be honest, Real and the mancs could be calling soon and he'll be wanting out if Levy doesn't back him, they're a very good side but squad depth is an issue and I wont be complaining if they strengthen this summer as the more teams capable of giving city a game the better

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #18227 on: June 2, 2019, 01:18:15 am »
I hated their pathetic diving, but apart from  that I'm not going to disrespect them. A proper club with a good manager doing wonders on a shoestring when compared to their peers. I also much prefer Arsenal too. Tonight, even in second gear, we were better. They huffed and puffed but never really threatened. Only for them we could have been playing the abomination that is Abu Dhabi. I'm glad it was a proper club like Spurs. They've had a fantastic run and will be all the stronger for it. They need to back their manager fully in order to take the next step.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18228 on: June 2, 2019, 01:28:17 am »
Respect to spurs, they did well to knock city out of Europe but once they were in the final they were never going to match our desire after last year. We were hardened and I really do think they lacked our experience.

They played better than I expected and had more possession but they didn’t create enough killer chances. Having said that they will feel gutted to have lost the game especially as we weren’t anything like we normally are. I don’t think the 3 week break helped either team in terms of a spectacle.

Poch got it wrong again for me. He should not have started with Kane- moura could have caused us real problems if they got their final ball right or he could have really attacked us with his pace.

Unlucky spurs. You won’t go away but I honestly don’t expect them to get here again. They need to invest and keep poch and the best players together. The big boys will be back next year too after this summer. It’s only going to get harder at the top.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18229 on: June 2, 2019, 01:40:44 am »
Respect to them and their manager, and to the fans on here that show up, but we had unfinished business from Kiev, nothing personal, it's our time!

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #18230 on: June 2, 2019, 01:41:38 am »
They didn't play badly, but Kane should have never started.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #18231 on: June 2, 2019, 01:48:41 am »
Can't believe they couldn't find a spot for Moura considering his heroics.Overall Spurs will be better for the cup run,if it wasn't us I'd have been happy to see Spurs win one.Goodluck next season, apart from Vs us.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18232 on: June 2, 2019, 01:53:30 am »
Pisses me off that Chelsea of all club's is London's standard bearer in Europe. God knows how London footie fans feel about it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #18233 on: June 2, 2019, 02:01:45 am »
Can't believe they couldn't find a spot for Moura considering his heroics.Overall Spurs will be better for the cup run,if it wasn't us I'd have been happy to see Spurs win one.Goodluck next season, apart from Vs us.
Played into our hands picking Kane I thought, Mora would have offered much more threat. Unlucky Spuds but c'est la vie
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18234 on: June 2, 2019, 02:09:18 am »
Remarkable run this season. Surprised they couldn't find a place for Lucas though. What cost them was the penalty totally changing the game state and allowing us to defend in numbers.

Great achievement for Pochettino, glad he's not at United next season.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #18235 on: June 2, 2019, 02:12:26 am »
Played into our hands picking Kane I thought, Mora would have offered much more threat. Unlucky Spuds but c'est la vie

Yep. Great achievement for them this season

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18236 on: June 2, 2019, 02:43:05 am »
A carbon copy of our last season basically

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18237 on: June 2, 2019, 02:58:29 am »
Congrats Spurs. Gave us a proper game. By all accounts, Spurs fans have been sound in Madrid. I’d rather be competing with these than that oil funded joke of a club.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18238 on: June 2, 2019, 03:06:50 am »
they achieved great thing by getting in to the final, but we were better, all season in the league and also in champions league.

Tottenham beat same difficult oponents to get to the final... beating City and Ajax... fair play to them.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18239 on: June 2, 2019, 03:19:52 am »
Klopp took Bobby off because he wasn’t up to it. Poch didn’t have the balls to take Kane off even though he was terrible.

That’s the main difference between the two

Thank Poch