Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 129445 times)

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Jordon Ibe
« Reply #360 on: May 14, 2014, 09:43:42 pm »
He's an outstanding prospect, I thought Ibe was a stand-out in pre-season last year and now has a bit more experience behind him thanks to his loan spell.  Think he still needs to improve his in-game decision making at times, I thought the same about Sterling this time twelve months ago, but Ibe already possesses so much raw talent and is capable of producing something out of nothing.  Its great to have young attacking talents like him and Raheem at the club, hopefully Ibe puts the work in now and forces his way into more first-team involvement this season.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: May 14, 2014, 09:50:37 pm »
A bit silly to say he could be as good/ better than Sterling is for us. Sterling has been consistently one of our best players in the 2nd half of a title challenging season as a 19 year old. At his age chances are he's only going to get better too, which is ridiculous.

As much as I rate Ibe, and think he could become a very good player for us, calling him Sterling 2.0 is just lazy.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: May 14, 2014, 09:53:23 pm »
They're also different style of players. Sterling is a very technical player who'll look for link up play and dribble past his man. Ibe is a physical powerhouse who'll look to make strong runs and power past players to open up space for a pass.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: May 14, 2014, 09:57:19 pm »
No more than its foolish to say he won't be as good as sterling.

Ibes done well, a year ago there were similar doubts over Stirling. We've got two good young players and some people seem intent on expressing their personal opinion that ibe won't ever shine as brightly for us as Stirling has this season. The contrary view is that he might just prove to be a better player.  Nobody knows for certain.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #364 on: May 14, 2014, 10:11:24 pm »

I suddenly noticed that Jake Gyllenhaal actually is Tim Sherwood.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: May 14, 2014, 10:12:34 pm »
They're also different style of players. Sterling is a very technical player who'll look for link up play and dribble past his man. Ibe is a physical powerhouse who'll look to make strong runs and power past players to open up space for a pass.
Frank ribery type winger?

That would great.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: May 14, 2014, 11:49:46 pm »
he's so fucking good... a big dilema, should we loan him to get more games, or stay and help us?
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: May 14, 2014, 11:52:17 pm »
Frank ribery type winger?

That would great.

That's what I'm thinking. He's got good enough ability. If he can just add that finishing product to his game he'll be very, very dangerous.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #368 on: May 15, 2014, 12:01:53 am »
I suddenly noticed that Jake Gyllenhaal actually is Tim Sherwood.

Nah, Jeremy Renner is!

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #369 on: May 15, 2014, 12:04:31 am »
he's so fucking good... a big dilema, should we loan him to get more games, or stay and help us?
Loan to PL club if possible, or to a top Championship club likely to gain promotion, where he gets 40 starts. Will be marvelous for his development I reckon.
The talent's there, but he won't get enough opportunities next year if we're buying Lallana and another attacker.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: May 15, 2014, 12:14:09 am »
Ibe is a physical powerhouse who'll look to make strong runs and power past players to open up space for a pass.

This means Ibe should develop into a player who'll be providing an option for us even if he doesn't reach the same heights as Sterling. I do feel if he ever wants to be a consistent starter for us he's got to add goals to his game though.

Here's a random one, I wonder if he would have been on the bench for the away Chelsea game instead of Smith if he hadn't been injured. I know that's a really pointless thing to wonder like.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #371 on: May 15, 2014, 02:48:54 am »
Ibe reminds me a bit of Babel when he first moved to Liverpool. The same raw talent and pace that had us all excited. Let's hope his career trajectory pans out differently to Ryan's.

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #372 on: May 15, 2014, 02:54:43 am »

:lmao

Loving that gif.
Putting the level of the opposition to one side for a minute, Ibe looked like he was awesome today (from the highlights).

"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #373 on: May 15, 2014, 03:08:59 am »
He's not as good as Sterling. He never has been. He probably shouldn't be being judged against him, but comparisons will naturally be made. He doesn't need to be as good as Sterling though. Sterling simply has more football intelligence and awareness early on. More than Ibe probably has now. I mean, if you want to focus on just what they do when they've got the ball, there's probably comparisons to be made. Ibe, I think, is probably even slightly better than Sterling at running with the ball. He's slightly quicker, and more powerful again. He can carry it a great distance at pace too IMHO. But Ibe has pretty much always wanted/needed the ball to feet since he's arrived. Sterling's movement was exceptional as a kid and that's carried through. He just knows where to be. Ibe is more... Ibe wants someone to give him the ball and he'll run with it. Sterling is finding pockets of space and moving players out of the way so his teammates have space to play in. He's threatening with his runs. Ibe wants the ball to his feet and then he'll take on 2 or 3 players and if it doesn't work he'll keep on doing it until it does. He needed the loan just to how him that at a professional level he can't just be allowed to have his own ball and try and score a Maradona goal every time he gets it.

He was good today though. A little less selfish than the player that went to Birmingham and looked good playing off the front too. I hope he makes it. He's got an extraordinary ability to beat players with his level of skill and physique. I don't think he'll be as rounded (and thus good) a player as Sterling, but that doesn't mean he isn't super talented. It's just an unfair comparison on the kid.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #374 on: May 15, 2014, 03:11:25 am »
Should have had the matchball today. Got the lot this kid. Love him breaking from centre mid which is where he'll end up playing me thinks. As good as Oxy-Chamb same age. Deffo one for the future
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #375 on: May 15, 2014, 03:12:08 am »
I rated him higher than sterling when watching shitty u21 streams. Hope he forfils his potential.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 15, 2014, 03:23:57 am »
I agree with the Oxlade-Chamberlain comparison, certainly a lot more than the Sterling one.

Sterling is tricky, plays with his head up, tries to pick out the pass and always looks to run beyond.

Ibe, on the other hand, is all about powerful running with the ball, a real physique strength with a layer of quality when he gets into the final 3rd.

Difficult to say who will end up the better. Sterling is already one of the best players in the Premier League.

I wouldn't loan out Ibe, though. I'd keep him and have him on the bench at the beginning of the season as an impact sub, like we used Moses for this season. Unlike Moses though, I think Ibe will actually make an impact and eventually force his way into the starting XI.

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #377 on: May 15, 2014, 04:25:07 am »
No way of telling what Ibe will be in a few years he needs to stick with the training and keep his head down and learn the game. Once he is comfortable in the squad and grows up a little but more no telling how good he can be, he's got a pretty big body so there is no telling what position he'll end up in either. BEst thing is right now against lesser opponents he gives us an option and his pace makes him a perfect impact sub late in games, something we could have used in a few games last season.
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #378 on: May 15, 2014, 03:27:26 pm »
He's not as good as Sterling. He never has been. He probably shouldn't be being judged against him, but comparisons will naturally be made. He doesn't need to be as good as Sterling though. Sterling simply has more football intelligence and awareness early on. More than Ibe probably has now. I mean, if you want to focus on just what they do when they've got the ball, there's probably comparisons to be made. Ibe, I think, is probably even slightly better than Sterling at running with the ball. He's slightly quicker, and more powerful again. He can carry it a great distance at pace too IMHO. But Ibe has pretty much always wanted/needed the ball to feet since he's arrived. Sterling's movement was exceptional as a kid and that's carried through. He just knows where to be. Ibe is more... Ibe wants someone to give him the ball and he'll run with it. Sterling is finding pockets of space and moving players out of the way so his teammates have space to play in. He's threatening with his runs. Ibe wants the ball to his feet and then he'll take on 2 or 3 players and if it doesn't work he'll keep on doing it until it does. He needed the loan just to how him that at a professional level he can't just be allowed to have his own ball and try and score a Maradona goal every time he gets it.

He was good today though. A little less selfish than the player that went to Birmingham and looked good playing off the front too. I hope he makes it. He's got an extraordinary ability to beat players with his level of skill and physique. I don't think he'll be as rounded (and thus good) a player as Sterling, but that doesn't mean he isn't super talented. It's just an unfair comparison on the kid.
You can teach movement and game intelligence though. In fact it's something that naturally develops with age and experience. The natural qualities Ibe has can't be taught. If Ibe is given similar developmental opportunities for Liverpool, I could easily see him being a better player than Sterling. Cristiano Ronaldo was a headless chicken trying to beat every man and his dog early in his career too.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 15, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »
You can teach movement and game intelligence though.
You really can't. If you could Ryan Babel would be world class today.

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #380 on: May 15, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »
You really can't. If you could Ryan Babel would be world class today.
No he wouldn't. Babel's talent was overrated. His first touch was very average. He just ran fast and had a hard shot. Occasionally kept the ball under control while running to give glimses of something more. Ibe is far superior technically, in fact I think he's possibly better technically than Sterling.

See Ronaldo for someone who DID become world class. Granted you not only need the right manager, but also the right environment and opportunities to really develop that side of your game, but that's the same with any young player. Ibe has the right manager, and hopefully gets the opportunities as well.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #381 on: May 15, 2014, 04:06:09 pm »
Suso was better than Sterling, Ibe's better than Sterling.

Sterling's starting for league challengers and going to a world cup at 19.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 15, 2014, 04:08:11 pm »
Ibe can definitely get himself a permanent place on the bench next season with a view for pushing for some games.

Saying that, I still think we should push for a loan deal at a Premier League club. All of this of course depends on the amount of players we sign.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #383 on: May 15, 2014, 04:10:54 pm »

Agreed Just baffled by this Sterling is  a top 10 youngster in Europe. Yet the likes of Ibe and Suso are better then him...let's be honest he's head and shoulders above both. I'd be delighted if they even come close to what Sterling has achieved already.

Sterling was arguably the best player at the end of the run in on the side that finished 2nd in the league.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:13:00 pm by Legacy »

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #384 on: May 15, 2014, 04:19:51 pm »

Let's make the clarification here. Ibe is not a better player than Sterling. I believe Ibe is more talented than Sterling. Big difference from my point of view. Sterling may always remain a better player if Ibe doesn't get the development opportunities, but I think with more natural talent, the potential is there for Ibe to become a better player. Sterling obviously has the advantage of being in a more advanced and developed stage in his journey, while Ibe is playing catchup.

It's like saying for a more extreme vantage, that Lucas and Joe Allen are better players than Jordan Rossiter and Harry Wilson. Because they are. I believe the latter two are more talented though, and may end up better players with the right development opportunities.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »
Let's make the clarification here. Ibe is not a better player than Sterling. I believe Ibe is more talented than Sterling. Big difference from my point of view. Sterling may always remain a better player if Ibe doesn't get the development opportunities, but I think with more natural talent, the potential is there for Ibe to become a better player. Sterling obviously has the advantage of being in a more advanced and developed stage in his journey, while Ibe is playing catchup.

It's like saying for a more extreme vantage, that Lucas and Joe Allen are better players than Jordan Rossiter and Harry Wilson. Because they are. I believe the latter two are more talented though, and may end up better players with the right development opportunities.

Ibe is more natural gifted in his physical ability. Meaning he's just naturally strong and quick. Olympic sprinter style. However, he is far from technically superior to Sterling. Sterling is technically one of the best players in our squad.

Again, they're much, much different players. Both extremely talented. Sterling is realising his talent. It's Ibe's turn next to show what he can do this season.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2014, 04:30:00 pm »
See Ronaldo for someone who DID become world class.
That's crazy, referencing Ronaldo.

You can tell a player to look up but you can't do anything about his ability to see gaps.
You can teach a player to pass more accurately or where to run but you can't read every possible situation for him.
Bottom line is, football intelligence is something either a player has or doesn't or has to a certain degree.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:35:03 pm by Sgt. Pepper »

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2014, 04:30:14 pm »
I just believe they are a little bit different as players. I agree with the Ox- Chamberlain comparison when it comes to Ibe.

Both are very talented. Even if both reach their full potential I think their style will be a little bit different.

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2014, 04:34:27 pm »
Ibe is more natural gifted in his physical ability. Meaning he's just naturally strong and quick. Olympic sprinter style. However, he is far from technically superior to Sterling. Sterling is technically one of the best players in our squad.

Again, they're much, much different players. Both extremely talented. Sterling is realising his talent. It's Ibe's turn next to show what he can do this season.
Disagree on the technical side. Sterling is not outstanding technically for me. He's very good, but not world class in that area. Coutinho for example is far superior technically IMO. Suso for pure technical ability is also well ahead of Sterling. I believe Ibe is on par with Sterling technically at least. Sterling's major quality is allying very good technical ability with outstanding lateral movement and agility. He wriggles around people with outstanding sideways movement, then obviously has excellent straight line speed. I don't particularly think he's a highly technical player however.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2014, 04:38:42 pm »
Disagree on the technical side. Sterling is not outstanding technically for me. He's very good, but not world class in that area. Coutinho for example is far superior technically IMO. Suso for pure technical ability is also well ahead of Sterling. I believe Ibe is on par with Sterling technically at least. Sterling's major quality is allying very good technical ability with outstanding lateral movement and agility. He wriggles around people with outstanding sideways movement, then obviously has excellent straight line speed. I don't particularly think he's a highly technical player however.

That was obviously before you saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJvNuso6-GM

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2014, 04:46:56 pm »
That was obviously before you saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJvNuso6-GM
Yeah, you got me. I've completely changed my mind now. Sterling is a technical Gandalf. How could I have ever doubted?

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2014, 04:47:11 pm »

I thought Rodgers' quotes after the game were pretty telling.  Intentionally moving Ibe into the center of the pitch (top of the diamond) to see how he would play in traffic indicates that he wants Ibe to grow in exactly the areas you reference in the post.  A full summer of playing in the center of the park may open up his game some.  If we had just finished 7th again this year with no European matches, I think Ibe would have a better chance at getting some minutes, in the Moses/Aspas offense-off-the-bench role; however, given that we are now competing for the League and playing in the CL, I think Rodgers will want to bring in players already ahead of Ibe in their development to fill out the squad.  If Ibe has any chance at sticking around, he is going to need to improve real fast, i.e. the next 3 months.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline Wiss_LFC

• Wuss_WUM: Diss_missed but won't be ATALL_missed.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: May 15, 2014, 04:53:07 pm »
This guy is going to be fucking awesome in a couple of years, he's got all the tools in his locker to be a top, top player.

I think we should try to get him a loan to a Premier League club for next season, it would do him wonders to be honest, then I have no doubt he would be ready to get some game time with us the season after next.
I'll bring out the stats and heat maps if we sign him.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: May 15, 2014, 04:54:33 pm »
Yeah, you got me. I've completely changed my mind now. Sterling is a technical Gandalf. How could I have ever doubted?

And let`s not forget this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0OqX0EkJN8

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #394 on: May 15, 2014, 04:57:12 pm »
That's crazy, referencing Ronaldo.

You can tell a player to look up but you can't do anything about his ability to see gaps.
You can teach a player to pass more accurately or where to run but you can't read every possible situation for him.
Bottom line is, football intelligence is something either a player has or doesn't or has to a certain degree.
Did you even see Ronaldo play early in his career? If so what are you talking about? He was the definition of the selfish player with no end product. No one, and I mean no one was lauding him for his football intelligence. It was the complete opposite.

Offline Just Dan

• cing on the precipice - it's a long way, Dan!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: May 15, 2014, 05:00:08 pm »
Sorry but I have to disagree with some of you guys. I believe Ibe has a higher ceiling than Sterling. I've felt that way from a while back. Once Ibe starts finishing well and getting that ruthless end product to his game he will be a superstar. He has all the core attributes and physical gifts. Genetically gifted. Sterling is still a very very good footballer with massive potential. But I reckon Ibe can be better, but they have different peak times. Sterling is already a very good footballer with better end product, Ibe is perhaps a year behind and hasn't been given as many chances as Serling in the first team.

The moment I saw Ibe I knew there was something special and he has continued to make improvements since then. He also seems to me to be more grounded than Sterling, who seems to be a little wild. But Rodgers has done very well in sorting Raheem out in that area. Ibe (just like Sterling) just needs games now to grow as a player, as a man and build confidence. 

Rodgers is gleaming, you can hear it in his voice and quite right to! I think he knows what we have there and what we have can be very very special. In both of them.

Looking at Ibe now you'd think he is mid 20's. He is a hulk. A naturally gifted athlete.

I'm not comparing him to Ronaldo, so don't start. But look at Ronaldo when he went to Man United and look what he become physically over time.

Ibe already has that sort of physique and he had the size and shape before coming to Liverpool. Built for the job.

Crazy.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: May 15, 2014, 05:08:11 pm »
Pretty sure I remember PoP saying Ibe could be turned into an amazing midfielder.   How tall is Jordan?  Best source I can find says he's 1.75m but he seems a lot bigger no?  The type of athleticism he has reminds me of Toure but Yaya is much bigger if Jordan is only that tall.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: May 15, 2014, 05:10:08 pm »
Pretty sure I remember PoP saying Ibe could be turned into an amazing midfielder.   How tall is Jordan?  Best source I can find says he's 1.75m but he seems a lot bigger no?  The type of athleticism he has reminds me of Toure but Yaya is much bigger if Jordan is only that tall.

He's about 5' 10" He may add a couple inches but he'll never be tall. Low centre of gravity but physically a monster. Oxlade-Chamberlain is a fair comparison.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: May 15, 2014, 05:21:23 pm »
Did you even see Ronaldo play early in his career? If so what are you talking about? He was the definition of the selfish player with no end product. No one, and I mean no one was lauding him for his football intelligence. It was the complete opposite.
I have seen him and you're right, he wasn't lauded for his football intelligence yet it doesn't mean he didn't have any.
Even today, I wouldn't say he's the most intelligent player in the world. He makes more intelligent runs now then he was 18 but often enough he picks the wrong option. It's probably highlighted by the fact that he alone takes about 7 shots per game.

Intelligence defined by Oxford dictionary: "The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills".
This is why Sterling is where he is now, because he has that ability. I know some think every young player can learn because they're young and time is on their side but that's not true.
From what I've seen in the past few years of Ibe I don't think he has the required level of football intelligence to make it here but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

One thing you're forgetting in this Ronaldo reference which is opportunity. I can't see Ibe getting the same amount of game time and first team status Ronaldo got in order to learn and iron out his mistakes. We have a better squad (and a better youngster already in his position) to allow that.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #399 on: May 15, 2014, 05:42:16 pm »
Be interesting to see if there's a place for him in the squad next season. Think he's got the ability, but I guess the timing of everything could mean he ends up going out on loan. With the team raising the bar this season and the possible addition of one or two players he won't have the same opportunity as Sterling have had to grow into the team.

What I really like about him - apart from the more obvious - is his intelligence and composure on the ball in the final third. The two assists yesterday, the little curled pass on the inisde of the full back down the left for Borini, and generally how he weighs up his options inside the penalty area; and also how easily he adapted to playing at the apex of the diamond. All very encouraging to see. Small things that suggest he's got a very functional footballing brain sitting on top of the tank.

Still think he's got some work to do with his off the ball movement, as I think someone else mentioned in a previous post here. He tends to always seek the ball and be the one who instigates the moves. That's not a bad thing, of course; but if he can start making more of the third man runs in behind the defence he'll add another dimension to his game and be very difficult to deal with.

I certainly won't expect him to make similar progress to what Sterling did this season (don't think anyone saw that explosion coming), but he definitely has raw material in abundance. He was excellent throughout pre-season last summer, and if he grabs his chance similarly this pre-season he could make himself difficult to overlook. We'll see though; Brendan will know when/if the time is right for him.