Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 129280 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordon Ibe
« Reply #280 on: December 8, 2013, 12:13:08 pm »
18 today!

Lad has bags of potential, think he is going on loan for the second half of the season so hopefully at a decent level so can see what he can do. I think he'd tear up the Championship to be honest.

Hopefully to a side in top half of Championship

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: December 8, 2013, 12:21:00 pm »

Nahhhh. Send him to mansfield town. Best for his development. ;)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #282 on: December 8, 2013, 12:24:58 pm »

Would be good, but as long as he is in a league of that standard and getting games is what matters more.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #283 on: December 8, 2013, 12:25:29 pm »
New contract on the table now he's 18? Sign him up
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #284 on: December 8, 2013, 12:26:22 pm »
Loan him to Derby as part of the super Will deal.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: December 9, 2013, 10:20:52 pm »
New contract on the table now he's 18? Sign him up

One step at a time. He hasn't even been given the RAWK Seal of Approval, by having his full name included in his thread title yet

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #286 on: December 9, 2013, 10:51:24 pm »
He had a very good pre season, shame he hasn't got a chance with Sturridge out.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #287 on: December 9, 2013, 11:05:53 pm »
Played pretty well today in the U21 game. I fear he might go down the same route as Ince if we're not careful. He was arguably a better choice than Sterling at the beginning of the season. We could possibly do with him as an impact player of the bench over the next month or so with so many games coming up.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2014, 02:50:55 pm »
Transfer news: Birmingham sign Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe on loan

Birmingham have confirmed the arrival of promising Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe on a loan deal that runs until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old trained with the Blues for the first time on Friday and goes straight into the squad for Saturday's Sky Bet Championship clash with Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.

Ibe, born in Bermondsey, was spotted by Liverpool scouts while playing for the Wycombe Wanderers Academy - and signed for the Anfield giants in December 2011. He quickly rose through the Reds' youth ranks and made his Premier League debut against QPR on the final day of the 2012/13 campaign shortly before winning England honours at U19 level.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9177066/transfer-news-birmingham-sign-liverpool-winger-jordon-ibe-on-loan
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #289 on: February 21, 2014, 03:02:17 pm »
Transfer news: Birmingham sign Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe on loan

Birmingham have confirmed the arrival of promising Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe on a loan deal that runs until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old trained with the Blues for the first time on Friday and goes straight into the squad for Saturday's Sky Bet Championship clash with Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.

Ibe, born in Bermondsey, was spotted by Liverpool scouts while playing for the Wycombe Wanderers Academy - and signed for the Anfield giants in December 2011. He quickly rose through the Reds' youth ranks and made his Premier League debut against QPR on the final day of the 2012/13 campaign shortly before winning England honours at U19 level.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9177066/transfer-news-birmingham-sign-liverpool-winger-jordon-ibe-on-loan

He'll tear up the Championship, great move for the lad.

Although part of me thinks with an injury or two we probably could do with him here!

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2014, 04:03:18 pm »
Big opportunity for him! I think he's going to be something special in my opinion.  Always looks a threat when given minutes.  Good luck Jordon!

Online Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2014, 04:31:25 pm »
I know next to nothing about Birmingham and how Lee Clark's got them playing? Anyone know if Ibe will suit their style and develop as a player?
Thank you Jurgen

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #292 on: February 21, 2014, 05:31:30 pm »
I know next to nothing about Birmingham and how Lee Clark's got them playing? Anyone know if Ibe will suit their style and develop as a player?
Jesse Lingaard of manchester united was there for the first half of the season and scored a fair few, i think.Hopefully that means its a good place for a young winger to hone his game.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: February 21, 2014, 05:35:50 pm »
I can't wait to see how he does there. This year when he has played with the u18s he has seemed a bit of an outcast. I think it was a bit unfair bringing him into a team he wasn't training with and he also didn't always look to pass the ball but to take everyone on on his own. I guess it's one of the drawbacks of being so young and training with the first team. THink this is the best for him at this stage but I also think he's nearly ready for the first team squad.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: February 21, 2014, 05:44:18 pm »
good luck Ibe
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline RedSten

• Main Stander
« Reply #295 on: February 21, 2014, 07:44:58 pm »
hopefully he'll get plenty of game time and come back having gained some good experience

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #296 on: February 21, 2014, 09:13:20 pm »
Gonna be quite funny watching him destroy championship fullbacks I think.

Birmingham fans in for a right treat
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2014, 09:24:34 am »

Rodgers: Why Jordon needed loan switch

22nd Feb 2014

Jordon Ibe has been loaned to Championship outfit Birmingham City to ensure that the talented Liverpool winger gains the necessary experience to continue his rapid progress.

The fleet-footed wide-man established himself on the first-team scene in 2012-13 after impressing with a series of dominant performances which helped the club's U18s reach the FA Youth Cup semi-finals.

Brendan Rodgers' interest was piqued and the manager rewarded the youngster with a senior debut on the final day of the campaign; Ibe responded by setting up the winning goal in a 1-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers.

Although the 18-year-old has been a regular name in the matchday squad this season, only two appearances have followed. Rodgers was therefore keen to find playing time for the promising No.33.

"I've wanted to have Jordon out on loan for a little while," the Northern Irishman told Liverpoolfc.com. "Because he has been close to the team and the squad, he has been unable to.

"Our squad was very small so he was playing a big part in that over the last few months. But he's still a very young player - he needs games and experience under pressure, and obviously that was limited with us.

"He has not long turned 18, he has got plenty of time. We wanted to send him to a club with a manager who has worked with young players and got the best out of some young players.

"Lee Clark, we feel, is someone who could do that. Traditionally, Birmingham City is a brilliant club, a big club. So there is a little bit of pressure, but he's going to go there and hopefully play, get his experience and earn his position in the team."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/155843-rodgers-why-jordon-needed-loan-switch?
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2014, 10:13:00 am »
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go down the route our former #33 went. He'll do extremely well on-loan in the championship, return to the squad but will be unable to break through to the first eleven often enough (as I expect us to strengthen in his position in the summer with Borini coming back and possibly Kono) then sold to a PL club where he'll do well for himself.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2014, 10:22:46 am »
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go down the route our former #33 went. He'll do extremely well on-loan in the championship, return to the squad but will be unable to break through to the first eleven often enough (as I expect us to strengthen in his position in the summer with Borini coming back and possibly Kono) then sold to a PL club where he'll do well for himself.

Ibe has similar potential to Sterling, highly doubt we'll see him sold. He may take Assaidi's place in the squad next season.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2014, 10:27:16 am »

Fucking hell lad, I don't even know what i'm having for lunch yet and here's you mapping things out years down the line  ;D

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #301 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:13 am »
Good Luck Jordon
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: February 22, 2014, 11:26:09 am »
good luck, make the best out of it!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2014, 11:39:30 am »
Exactly what he needs this, I just hope Clark stays on as manager seeing as the club have just sacked his backroom staff.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2014, 12:08:18 pm »
Ibe has similar potential to Sterling, highly doubt we'll see him sold. He may take Assaidi's place in the squad next season.

As an agent at Stoke?

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2014, 12:32:03 pm »

don't want to see this lad sold - think he's got all the attributes & if he's got the balls to make it he could be a useful member of our squad & team for many years to come.

Good luck on loan Jordon.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2014, 12:36:28 pm »
Was hoping he would get some games in the first team with us this season. Was not to be. Good Luck Jordan, make sure you're close to it next season.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2014, 01:08:33 pm »

I for one, would be surprised if he followed your route. He may not have set the world alight during his brief appearances, but he's certainly done enough to show he's deserving to be on the squad, certainly when taking into account his relative youth. I think he's shown a lot of promise with individual moments of class and in time will no doubt produce at a far more consistent rate. But the lad's still a teenager.

What is not surprising though, is yet another poster dismissing a promising youth player that has barely featured for us (which is to be expected for someone of his age). It get's a little tiring reading the negativity that sometimes flows through threads on RAWK. Negativity that tends to rarely be associated with the facts.

He's young, let him grow, let him mature, and give him the time to develop. Not every youth player develops at the same rate, plays with the same style, and grows into the type of player that we seem to pigeonhole/compare them to. Ibe doesn't need to be the "next" Sterling, Walcott, or anyone. He just needs to develop into a player that can benefit us with his presence on the pitch. Whomever he ends up resembling in terms of style/goal scoring rate/ chance created rate, or how much of an impact he'll offer us in the future, are issues that we can't determine at this moment. Far too early to determine either way.

In the meantime, have a little patience and try to avoid analysing too much from too little. If you have a lot of energy, or frustrations (it has been a long loong week since the harsh loss to Arsenal), it might be best to focus your energy on other things in life, for the meantime. Take a walk, take your family out for the day, read a book, play some online gaming etc. We have a game on Sunday, hopefully the result will keep us all floating in positive bliss, for another 7 days or so. :D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: February 22, 2014, 01:10:46 pm »

An awful lot of doom mongering in regards to our young players these days.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #309 on: February 22, 2014, 01:48:00 pm »
Should be making his debut for us today, pretty excited we were crying out for a player like him.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2014, 01:51:54 pm »
Should be making his debut for us today, pretty excited we were crying out for a player like him.

A summary of how he played would be much appreciated after the game.

Good move for him IMO, difficult for him to get an opportunity in the attacking department for Liverpool at the moment with Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling/Coutinho all in form. Clearly a very talented player though with a big future here hopefully.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #311 on: February 22, 2014, 02:15:52 pm »
On the bench today
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: February 22, 2014, 04:33:51 pm »
Anyone watching the match? I can't find a stream but apparently he just came on (70th minute or so).

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: February 22, 2014, 04:36:47 pm »
Jack Robinson just sent off (again) for Blackpool wonder if that was a foul on young Ibe??

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #314 on: February 22, 2014, 04:37:09 pm »
It was, professional foul on him, apparently :D
AHA!

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2014, 04:37:12 pm »
Anyone watching the match? I can't find a stream but apparently he just came on (70th minute or so).

He got our own Jack Robinson sent off apparently  ;D

Robbo brought him down and was the last man.

Offline draids

• Main Stander
« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2014, 04:37:37 pm »
Just heard on Final Score he was brought down by Robinson when through on goal. Robinson sent off as he was the last man.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #317 on: February 22, 2014, 04:38:17 pm »
So apparently he has got Robinson sent off  ::)

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2014, 04:41:21 pm »
Is that 3 reds for Robinson this season

Fucking hell  :o

Offline lukee

• Kemlynite
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2014, 04:44:09 pm »
Birmingham City FC ‏@BcfcDotCom  1m
82 - Ibe's deflected shot from the right lands on the roof of the Blackpool net. The debutant has made a big impact here. 1-1 #bluesLIVE