Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match  (Read 148729 times)

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really don't see a reason to bash Flanno that much. Thought he played well in first half. He made two very very costly mistakes in second half, but he's third choice for RB usually and only 18. He needs time more than he needs to be a scapegoat for the day.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
total mess in the second half, hard to believe it was the same 11 players who battered them for the previous 45 minutes. Mind, if they had any confidence in the ref then perhaps it would have been a different story....

Hard to really pin the blame on anyone, sometimes it just isn't your day. Flanno should have been hauled off after their equaliser though, his head had completely gone and he was a total liability. Hard to understand why Kenny didn't put on Kelly, but hey ho, no point in complaining too much, fuck all we can do about it now. 2 points definitely dropped though...

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
Dowd showed his incompetence again by not sending Richardson off which would of ended the game there and then.

However, we could of been 3 or 4 nil up at half time aswell and got to take some of the blame ourselves that we didnt.

Disapointing 2nd half and very very poor performance from Flano who I feel sorry for. He was decent in the first but lost it completely in the second, should of been way tighter to Larsson for the equalizer.

Some very good displays though and looks like we just ran out of steam towars the end. Need to improve our fitness. Thought Enrique was boss throughout.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
The disappointment of not putting the game to bed in the first half is compounded with a poor second. Whenever we are on the back-foot we seem incapable of regaining any sort of momentum, which was the case for long periods of (arguably the entire) second half.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
great start then steadily faded away during the course of the game, to the point it was terrible to watch.

disappointing start, roll on the arseholes.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
We seemed so nervous and panicky in possession after the 2nd goal. Didn't really have any link up play between the midfield and attack after Suarez went off. Balls down the channels and long balls to Carroll weren't really affective.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
Disappointing result but I liked the new look Liverpool. very confident of our chances this season  :scarf

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really disappointing result given how we played in the first half. Just completely lost our way after the break, nobody played well, even Suarez.
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
What a dissapointing start to the season.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Nonex

• Anny Roader
  • "I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell."
MOM Enrique. Solid, great game for him.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
I wouldn't be too worried if our next game wasn't at the Emirates...

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Unfortunately it's the same old story, we paid the price for not being clinical enough and killing the game off in the first half.

How can Scudamore come out with all the bollox of the day about respecting refs when it's so blatently obviously they don't know what the fuck they're doing! It's obvious what was going through Dowds head "First 5mins into the new season, don't want to get the red card out" that's shite, it's a straight red regardless of the situation ffs. I hope Kenny mentions it in his post match interview.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
What a tale of two halves that was. We dominated the first half and should have been out of sight. The red card, missed penalty, disallowed goal and Downing hitting the bar.... if just one of those goes our way I think the game would have been comfortably won.

Dalglish obviously aimed to win this one from the off and therefore left us no game changers on the bench. The risk didnīt pay off and when we needed that something else from the bench it wasnīt there. Would Aquilani have made a difference, perhaps. Raul didnīt look match sharp at all when he came on and did little to change the game. It is easy to say Aquilani would have offered more but we looked like a team who had blown their load in the first half and Iīm not sure Aqua would have changed much. IMO Suarez should have started on the bench with Aqua or Raul starting. Hindsight is a brilliant thing though and I said before, if one of those 4 events goes Kennyīs way then his decisions would have been vindicated.

I donīt like how deep we defend though, is that the Carra effect?
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
We had fuck all energy in the second half. Need to work on our fitness.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool 1 v 1 Phil Dowd, The Linesmen and Sunderland

Phil Dowd bottled the Red card
Bottled giving Cattermole two bookings
and bottled giving that dirty orange c*nt Wes Brown a booking

Gave Agger a Yellow for nothing

The Linemen disallowed a perfect Carroll goal
and the other twat gave them Corners when it clearly came off a Sunderland Player

Kenny could have played: Kelly or Carra at Right back if Skrtel was/wasn't injured and player CB

DOWD kept them in the game well and was my man of the match

Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline The_Cutter

• It must be Summer the TdF is on and The Cutter appears!
  • Legacy Fan
  • And then I went.
Just ran out of gas in the second half, it is disappointing though. Well, 37 games left!
"A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end . . . but not necessarily in that order." Jean-Luc Godard

'I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.'

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Hope Arsenal fuck up today. It'll make me feel slightly better.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its wigan at home all over again from last season. Dominate the first half create chance after chance they equalise and we lose the plot. Passing second half was so sloppy and our movement was poor.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
Carroll is poor. So poor.

Yeah, the way he took his goal was awful wasn't it?

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
I called 1-1 too.  :'(
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
First game so no need to get riled up and we saw how we can perform in the first half.  Having said that we really need a better plan b than the Hodgsonesq hoofing we saw from their goal until the 75 minute.  Good adjustments by Fathead in the 2nd half and we simply ran out of ideas on how to break them down.

Offline YJT

• Kopite
frustrating game. We were excellent in the first half but really disappointing in the second. Flanagan was a liability the whole second half and in hindsight it was wrong to leave Kuyt out as he would've scored the penalty. The more tired Suarez got the poorer our performance got as well. Meireles didn't get into the game at all either

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
Flanno had an absolute shocker second half, was all over the place for the equaliser & generally didn't cover himself in glory. God only knows why we didn't bring Kelly on.

While I'm whingeing, Andy Carroll. Been a big supporter of him & still hold faith that he'll come good but as things stand I'm really struggling to see what it is he brings to the team, countless times today we had people about to whip a cross in only to look up & see a large Andy Carroll shaped hole in the 18 yard box while he gently ambled forward. He certainly can't use lack of service as his excuse he was peppered with it today & managed to make a meaningful connection with almost none of it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:02:11 pm by ghost1359 »
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Pheeny

So I see we've got a new scapegoat in Flannagan then have we.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Good first half, poor second half. Not much else to say.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Why did everyone look completely knackered with half an hour to go?

Because we wasted a large amount of our preseason with the no-hopers, basically.

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
Typical RAWK. We get a shitty result and the finger pointing goes straight to the referee.

Did you even watch the match? I agree we played shit in the second half, but there were some rank bad decisions in the first half that had a huge effect on the match.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
Why did everyone look completely knackered with half an hour to go?

I was thinking exactly the same, it's understandable with Suarez and Lucas but not the rest of them. Our preseason wasn't good enough on the evidence of that display, they looked out on their feet from 60 minutes onwards.

We were wide open in the middle of the park.

Offline EFoley

• Main Stander
Not too impressed today, think Adam needs to trim the hollywood balls down a bit, henderson was quite really wished we played Aqua instead. Lucas was great first half second looked a bit tired, with the rest of the team really. Flanno just wasn't his day really, Enrique i thought played well. Downing aswell. Overall i'll get over it but wish we got the 3 points, Carrolls goal being disallowed was ridiculous.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great first half, poor second.

Should have done enough ion the first half to win it, one or two poor refereeing decisions didn't help.

Very frustrating.

Offline danthemanlfc

• Main Stander
Good luck indeed Mods...

Can't excuse Dowds performance today, what a card-happy bellend, but not when it mattered.

Flano was very poor today, surprised we didn't go with Kelly

I really don't want to see another last 20 were we just pump it long expecting Carroll to knock it on to someone, especially when both wingers are stuck out on the touchline and Kuyt isn't the best man for running onto those

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
Kenny got it wrong. Simple as.

1) Flanno over Kelly. For me, Flanno is if we have no other option. Hes still too young and not good enough. Carragher wasn't playing either which could not have helped with a lack of guidance at the back.
2) Henderson over Kuyt. I'm not going to debate how good Henderson is. However, Kuyt is our proven and consistent goal threat and would have given a lot of cover and solidity for anyone behind him.
3) The midfield. Its hard to critisise Kenny here but I honestly think that Aquilani has been our best midfielder of pre-season and Raul has been our best midfielder since he came in (sorry Lucas fans). Neither could get into the first XI...
4) Carroll. I think hes a good player but why when we play do we always always hoof it. It is SO annoying. Kenny should tell the boys... you can only cross it or pass it short to Andy. Seriously, its beyond ridiculous. Its not good for Andy either because it just attracts more blame to him.

Offline DaftFunk

• Main Stander
  • Love is the flower you've got to let grow
Surprised at how bad Flanno was. Marking for their goal was pathetic.

We will make amends next weekend against the goons.

Offline Red4Lyfe

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Hope
FFS!  ::)

Henderson looks pathetic. What a terrible waste of money.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
First half was very, very good. All our players looked the part even if there were a few mistakes, which should be eradicated once the team settles in nicely. Second half? Well, quite frankly it was shite. We didn't create any clear cut chances and our midfield lacked any creative spark as such, the hoofing increased. What was Flanagan doing for their goal? I think Kenny messed up Kuyt's position on the field, he should've been in front of Flanagan as soon as he came on and if not, at least replaced him with Kelly. They were targeting Flanagan for a while. I'm not having a go at him, I think he's a good player with tons of potential, but he faded in the second half - as the others did too.

Arsenal next, I'd like us to keep the same sort of a performance in the first half into the second half. Bit of an anti-climax thanks to the second half really but hey ho.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
yup...

THIS!!

the team was the fault, not the ref

Yep. Phil Dowd didn't make Downing hit the crossbar, Suarez miss the penalty, Carroll miss everything but the offside goal (isn't that always the way?), Flanno screw up....

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not a great result, but oh well, I thought we might lose it in that second half so at least that didn't happen.

First half was brilliant and we should have put them away while we were on top. The second half was fucking awful. This long ball shite with Carroll has got to fucking stop. Our players just seem to look for the easy way out when they're under pressure. Without Suarez, when we get into the final third, all we do is try to cross it in for Carroll, it needs to stop.

Offline 10pence

• Main Stander
  • Smell my finger.
Some real positives from the 1st half although it did worry me to see how quickly the doubts and indecision crept in the moment a couple of things didn't go our way.

Really liked the look of Enrique today as well. Shrewd buy.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Feels like a loss.  Immense first half, then badly faded.  Pity Aquilani wasn't on the bench to add some magic.  We were complete Muggles in the second half.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
Disappointing.

Flanno was like a different player after his mistake for the goal, and we looked a shadow of the team that steamed into Sunderland in the first half. A lot of stray passing, which is ironically what I expected the first half to be with all the new recruits playing  together 'properly' for the first time. Some good delivery from Adam, but he also slowed considerably in the second half. Henderson didn't do so much for me, and I was pleased to see Kuyt on for him. Enrique looked the business though, that's for sure. Downing was excellent at times but also fairly anonymous at others, I liked it when he and Enrique were together on the left, looked a potent combination.

On the plus side, Liveonlinefooty was actually decent in the end after a shaky start :)